• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right...I have one email address...got it...thanks for the tip...."business owner", lol

That ones free... Next piece of business advice will cost you $$$$

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Do i have to sit next to you?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.. there is not a gm in the league that takes santana over verlander.. in any season... at any point.. ever

Will take Santana over Verlander THIS SEASON...and especially playing against teams over .500....and not a DOUBT in any world series game....and there would be plenty of GMs who would look at the numbers and take some time before answering...especially combining this seasons numbers, world series numbers and against above .500 teams....they would be blindly ignorant to not.

in the Past...no way...Verlander over Santana...

wanted to cover both so someone wouldn't say...this season or past...or both or whatever rule they want to make up.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ones free... Next piece of business advice will cost you $$$$

I have let go more email address than you have ever had...lol...that advice is free.

edit: I take that back...it can't be true...you had to make up a TON of email address for all those "fake" ID's that you kept getting banned....my mistake..you win.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Do i have to sit next to you?

errr, no...pretty sure I already have the other seat spoken for...you can keep the receipt incase there is a no hitter or something and sell it on Ebay though...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be 2 Royals who hit better than ANY Tigers player....and the bonus
was Avisail Garcia...who blew away Andy Dirks for the month of Aug.....again...great trade....funny I didn't see Wil Myers on that list.

Nice job of cherry-picking stats.... AGAIN. And as for Avisail Garcia, he wasn't called up until August 10, and didn't play regularly until the last 10 days or so of August. And did you see some of the RIDICULOUS plays Jose Iglesias made this weekend? I'm sure they were on SportsCenter. If Garcia stars for the Chisox, fine. Then it's a trade that worked out great for both teams. The Tigers had a need at SS, and have a surplus of outfielders.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could put up the Avila vs Sal Perez stats if that makes you feel better...

or A Garcia vs Dirks...

or Shields or even Santana vs Verlander

or Holland vs whoever

I only see the Tigers as a Miggy better than the Royals......they are 1 sp better but the bullpen is just as favored to the royals as that 1 SP is for the Tigers.

Dyson or Cain = JacKKKKson
Gordon = Hunter
Lough = Dirks
Hosmer = Fielder
Escobar = Enrique or Julio
Getz/Boni < Infante (if infante injured then flip it)
Perez > Avila/Pena
Butler = VMart
Moose < Miggy

Shields > Verlander
Santana < Max
Guthrie < Sanchez
Chen = Porcello
Duffy = Fister

Holland > whoever is closing next, most likely Benoit
Crow Veras
Hochevar Smyly
Coleman AA
Collins Coke
Herrera > Rondon

the best part is Hunter will be 39 and VMart 36...and Chen will be replaced by Ventura...the Royals just need to upgrade 2b...the Tigers will need to replace Hunter, upgrade the Bullpen at least 2 or 3 guys...get a catcher that can hit his weight, not a catcher who is the next Bob Uecker and hope Vmarts age doesn't get him...and Fielder's weight doesn't get him like his Dad

Should be fun next year in 2014....better win the WS in 2013 or your window begins to close...

And this is why i been avoiding this thread....a bunch of bs....if a tiger fan posted some crap like this......certain twins and injun fans would cry about us talking that detroit is a great team.....if all these players are so great, why is kc so far back?

Why is JV detroits number 1 vs shields.......max better than shields.....sanchez better than santana.....how the hell does duffy equal fister? Really? Fisters been doing this for 2 years now....whats duffy had? 4 starts?

Now can equals jackson, but earlier someone from another team argued about how good ajax was last year....still decent this year....these kc players are being ranked because they had a few good months? Is gordon a RF? Cuz tori is detroit....but it helps to swith the lf and rf to make a point? There isnt ONE GM in baseball who would take kc SS over iggy.....hosmer equals fielder? Fielder is solid year in and year out never missing a game.....hosmer has been hot for a few months?

Kc has better lf, catcher and bullpen.....thats it.......THATS WHY THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO FAR BACK OF DETROIT.....

But notice nobody calling out the troll...

Welcome back moose....nice to have a sane kc fan here.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.. he is just trying to troll tigers fans.. that is why he posts that bs stuff.. the funny part is.. why would a tigers fan get mad at him? Miggy is Babe Ruth v 2.0... Vmart is on fire.. Prince is top 5 in rbi.. and the tigers starters are 5 deep right now... They are one of the top teams in the league and cruising to the playoffs... Who cares what this clown thinks.. his posts are jokes... Just like KC.. but KC is the same bad joke every yr now for 28 yrs.

But duffy equals fister......im still laughing

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assement of "Fat Pigs"

Billy Butler age 27, 117 hr, 241 2b, 4 3b, 5 sb, 3 cs, 581 k....298 ave...career

Price Fielder at age 27, 230 hr, 200 2b, 9 3b, 16 sb, 10 cs, 759 k..285 ave career

does anyone actually use facts...so if Billy Butler is worthless, I guess Fielder is too...lol

When comparing fat guys, you would most likely compare the power i would think.....fielder 113 more HR's......what about RBI's? Why do you cherry pick stats? Why post triples? Or stealing? Wheres walks, rbi's, and runs.....wow what a troll.....its like 20 pages a day, bum involved everytime.....but of course nobody sees this since they hate detroit. But let a tiger fan praise his team........this thread went to shit.....

A bunch of cherry picked stats from a fan of a 3rd place team who hasnt sniffed the playoffs since i was in jr high. So sad

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does...it DOES NOT SAY they are PLAYING THEIR 1st SEASON TOGETHER...does capitol letter make you look more intelligent to someone....

They just all started playing in the big leagues together...Butler has been around the longest...Gordon has been around awhile...then escobar...Hosmer after him..moose behind him...then Perez...then Cain....then Lough....matter of fact...find an actual statistic for a change...let me know how many times those players have been in a lineup together.

We can wait for you for the answer...since everyone knows how much weight your opinions pan out to be...find A fact for a change...

Actual stat.......detroit 81-57......kc.....well you know.....wait til next year

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comparing their career stats is just silly.

Fielder: .285/.389/.527, 141 OPS+
Butler: .298/.364/.462, 123 OPS+

Butler's also grounded into 22 more double plays despite having 1403 fewer plate appearances.

Fielder is having a pretty subpar year though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is better than your LF'er

Cain has a better glove than AJAX

Unless you REALLY like Castellanos, then whatever I suppose, but that is asking a lot.

Hosmer vs Fielder is a wash

Butler > Vmart this year

Santana> Porcello

Shields> Verlander and Fister

Holland> Tigers BP

Crow> Veras

Herrera> Rondon

Collins> Coke

Smith> Bonderman

Perez > Avila and Pena

How come hosmer and fielder are a wash....butler is compared just this year, why is santana being compared to detroits 5th pitcher? Santanas kc 5th? Why is shields over ister AND JV? Max is the 1 THIS YEAR...Why not compare the right pitchers.....why is coke in there? Smyly?

But its whatever....i just find it funny....how kc fans can pick and choose what players to compare.....hosmers been good for what? 3 months? Bonderman? Were comparing minor league pitchers.....

Max, sanchez, jv, fister, porcello........thats detroits 1-5 ....jv only gets the 3 because of his history.....if kc is soooooo greatly compared to baseballs best lineup and one of the best 1-5 starters, why is kc so far back...

Just wish some fans stayed consistent and called bullshit on other fans besides tiger fans. This is getting funny.....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder, I have the NFL pick 'em on yahoo, all here are welcome, just gimme an email, I think I have like 5 or 6 from here already...

Twins in '15

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? Trolling is Exactly what he is known for...nothing more...baseball is just a topic for him to troll with...knowledge of the game tends to elude him.

Youre the troll......ever since you came in here theres 20 pages of bs every night now....but i guess the homer police only say anything when its a tiger fan..

Do you have a REAL life? Where do you find time to post all day every day? Kinda sad man....sucks having to read 20 pages to catch up....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, we are not saying we are a victim of bad luck, we are probably an 85 win-ish team. No one is saying the Royals are as good as the Tigers. Actually, the Royals run differential is better than Tampa Bay right now, so yeah, it is on par with the field of AL wild card teams.

You guys look at all the stats BUT the wins and losses.....thats all that counts......

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like santana but hes a good pitcher every other season.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great teams win world series (s) the Giants...a great team...Cardinals...a great team....teams that haven't won a world series in 29 years or more.....Pitt...Baltimore...Texas...who happen to be ahead of the TIgers on the list....are what? Great Teams?...the great part is when one of them win it and knock the tigers a spot up on the "longest drought list"...but maybe the Tigers are number 1 on the "Greatest Teams to never win the title"...they must be the Greatest on that list...not any of the Red Sox teams or anything...must be the Tigers...

I can see why the Tigers fans probably kicked you out of their thread...so you can spew your BS elswhere...they know it already...lol

The cardinals barely made the playoffs.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When comparing fat guys, you would most likely compare the power i would think.....fielder 113 more HR's......what about RBI's? Why do you cherry pick stats? Why post triples? Or stealing? Wheres walks, rbi's, and runs.....wow what a troll.....its like 20 pages a day, bum involved everytime.....but of course nobody sees this since they hate detroit. But let a tiger fan praise his team........this thread went to shit.....

A bunch of cherry picked stats from a fan of a 3rd place team who hasnt sniffed the playoffs since i was in jr high. So sad

I forget how much older you are than me cleeves. I wasn't even in kindergarten yet. :lol:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could you possibly be basing Your Santana Y JV comparison off? Seriously? Do you want to produce your actually statistics? Or did you just want me to ask questions?

Yeah with santana and sanchez its careers.....but santana has JV...but of course its cherry picked....that ones NOT careers because it would favor JV.