• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... I love it.. he is talking about next year hahaahahahahahaahahahha

Your the guy talking about cores not improving for the Royals... Inevitably, next year is brought up when you are talking about improvement of a team core in SEPTEMBER...

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.. I don't agree here.. Fielder has way more power.. and in a down year will be close to 30 hr.... Hosmer has not shown 20 hr power yet... For what Det needs.. Fielder is better... Hosmer may hit for a higher ave.. but det needs a RBI producer that hits for power in the 4.. they have guys that hit for average in Miggy and Vmart...

At some point Hosmer may be better than Fielder.. but not yet.. and in terms of money.. it only matters to small market teams... and KC should be stocked with Hosmers for how many top 10 draft picks they have had in the last 10 yrs.

The last 10 years...

the Tigers 1st round picks

Verlander

Porcello

Costellanos

Royals 1st round picks

Eric Hosmer - who would CLEAN up in the 4 hole for Detroit...better than Fielder - money not needed

Billy Butler - who would be just as good as Fielder in Det 4 hole - money not needed

Alex Gordon - who would be just as good as Fielder with RBI's in the 4 hole - Money not needed

Luke Hochevar

Aaron Crow

Mike Moustakas

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hoping that nobody develops their talent in the Central. If Butler is a fat pig? What is Vmart? Some kind of super blob that doesn't hit as well as Butler? Will Fielder continue to decline? If Hosmer is a decent talent... what is Decent? Moose has an OPS of 810 since the ASB? He has been solid lately...

Same old song from Miamivice yet again.

The core is going to be upgraded through pitching... Wade Davis has been every bit as bad as Santana has been good. Losing Santana and adding two average pitchers to replace them is cheaper and probably better. Keep praying, keep hoping, keep dreaming in cloud 9, because it will come back to earth eventually.

Who is going to be added to this core? Duffy, Ventura, Paulino, Zimmer, and Smith. Do they need to replace Santana? Not really, they just need to be just decent to be better than this years rotation which is not that good to begin with as a whole.

I am not saying they all pan out of course, I am just saying that it is highly unlikely that the core of the Royals is peaking. If anyone is peaking in terms of production... It is the Tigers.

Honestly Moose.. I have no issue with you... you are like a casualty of war with this clown that is mouthing off about how great the royals are...

That being said.. come on man.. your payroll is not going over 100 mil ever... you are not going to compete with the tigers as long as they are spending because your farm is not hitting on many picks... seriously.. do you really take butler over vmart? Really? Do you really take Justin Maxwell over Torii Hunter? Come on man... You guys have Perez and Hosmer... You are losing a 3 era pitcher... who do you plan on replacing him with? Resign him to a multi year deal on your own risk... The sad fact is this.. the Royals are so far behind the Tigers.. that all they have to do is maintain and the Royals have to add a ton of talent at a ton of positions with very little money to work with. You don't have another wil myers to trade... so how do you do it?

All I can say is this.. the odds favor a team like the twins or white sox beating out the royals.. because they can out spend you... It is what it is man.. You may not like it.. but every year the Tigers will have more talent on paper... You will run the same team you have out there for the most part the last few years.. and get the same results... the royals do not have that many talented offensive players... det had guys leading the league in stats... and a few guys in the top five in many categories.. how many royals are in the top five in offensive stats?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who posted some sort of crazy August stat as if it was supposed to mean something and then started moving the goal posts when you were called on it. Hosmer & Butler are both good hitters. So is Vmart. Prince is having a down year. I notice you've dropped Miggy from your argument and replaced him with Fielder. Good move.

I wasn't called on anything....that was an actual article and actual statistic....I am sorry that both Hosmer AND Butler hit better than Miggy when pitched fastballs....and REALLY sorry that Det traded away Garcia who also made the top 10...

its really tough to fight statistics...but I am sure your opinion is much more correct.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 10 years...

the Tigers 1st round picks

Verlander

Porcello

Costellanos

Royals 1st round picks

Eric Hosmer - who would CLEAN up in the 4 hole for Detroit...better than Fielder - money not needed

Billy Butler - who would be just as good as Fielder in Det 4 hole - money not needed

Alex Gordon - who would be just as good as Fielder with RBI's in the 4 hole - Money not needed

Luke Hochevar

Aaron Crow

Mike Moustakas

Are you bragging about that bums? How many playoff games or division titles have they gotten you?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one who posted some sort of crazy August stat as if it was supposed to mean something and then started moving the goal posts when you were called on it. Hosmer & Butler are both good hitters. So is Vmart. Prince is having a down year. I notice you've dropped Miggy from your argument and replaced him with Fielder. Good move.

PS...comparing the 1b and DH....just a sidenote....Miggy is playing 3b this year....but I including him in the team to team comparision for you.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously man.. cherry pick away at stats... have at it.. all that matters is the wins/losses.. and the tigers have the royals there hands down..

I love seeing the nonsense this guy posts.. trying to say a team that is 10 games back of first place is equally as good as first is pretty funny to watch... please keep showing us more meaningless stats like how many hits butler has on a tuesday or how many walks moustakas has on the 3rd of the month.... cool stats you come up with bro.. i will stick to mine.

First place... 8.5 game lead.... best offense.. best hitter...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS...comparing the 1b and DH....just a sidenote....Miggy is playing 3b this year....but I including him in the team to team comparision for you.

keep comparing them.. if you like.. i wonder what team will have better playoff numbers this year?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you bragging about that bums? How many playoff games or division titles have they gotten you?

well, since they all just started playing together in the BIG leagues...that would be like asking you how many times did the Tiger reach the playoffs or division titles BEFORE Verlander and Miggy played for Detroit....lol....thats if you want to compare apples to apples....lol

You can't tell me Dougy is actually smart enough to understand that and you aren't?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pray your team develops talent from within.. because Det has a luxury the Royals don't... a big checkbook..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, since they all just started playing together in the BIG leagues...that would be like asking you how many times did the Tiger reach the playoffs or division titles BEFORE Verlander and Miggy played for Detroit....lol....thats if you want to compare apples to apples....lol

You can't tell me Dougy is actually smart enough to understand that and you aren't?

Really??? Its there first year playing together? LOL.. Really?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out MLB... after the Royals get a few seasons together under their belt.. oooooo weeeeee..... Wait til next year...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really??? Its there first year playing together? LOL.. Really?

where did I say 1st year? come on dude...you can read can't you...please tell me you can...lets not go to Verlanders first years...like the one he almost lost 20 games...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know every win the Tigers get has to burn this clowns ass... I love seeing the Tigers win.. but knowing it bothers this guy enough to search for stats to poo poo them makes me even happier.:loco2:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am the one that can't read? What does this imply

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't called on anything....that was an actual article and actual statistic....I am sorry that both Hosmer AND Butler hit better than Miggy when pitched fastballs....and REALLY sorry that Det traded away Garcia who also made the top 10...

its really tough to fight statistics...but I am sure your opinion is much more correct.

Your first post said nothing about fastballs. Here it is and it's still wrong and frankly pretty stupid. Why don't you link to the article so we can all have a good laugh.

Royals taking out King Felix...next up on the potenitial Cy Young winner of 2013 to take is......?

Hosmer is just flat out crushing, saw a stat somewhere the other day...the top 4 hitters in August...number 4 was Hosmer....if you project his career number out and based on a belief that Porcello will win 250 games...Hosmer will hit 500 hr...and even steal 300 bases...

the list....Hottest hitters in Aug

1) McClutch .548
2) Billy Butler .511
3) Werth .500
4) Hosmer .469
5) Miguel Cabrera .451
6) Lake .440
7) A. Hill .436
8) Trout .433
9) Avisail Garcia .429
10) Adam Dunn .426

That would be 2 Royals who hit better than ANY Tigers player....and the bonus was Avisail Garcia...who blew away Andy Dirks for the month of Aug.....again...great trade....funny I didn't see Wil Myers on that list.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing my team in first.. love seeing them be world series contenders.. but I love seeing people jealous and mad about it just as much... lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.. he is just trying to troll tigers fans.. that is why he posts that bs stuff.. the funny part is.. why would a tigers fan get mad at him? Miggy is Babe Ruth v 2.0... Vmart is on fire.. Prince is top 5 in rbi.. and the tigers starters are 5 deep right now... They are one of the top teams in the league and cruising to the playoffs... Who cares what this clown thinks.. his posts are jokes... Just like KC.. but KC is the same bad joke every yr now for 28 yrs.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assement of "Fat Pigs"

Billy Butler age 27, 117 hr, 241 2b, 4 3b, 5 sb, 3 cs, 581 k....298 ave...career

Price Fielder at age 27, 230 hr, 200 2b, 9 3b, 16 sb, 10 cs, 759 k..285 ave career

does anyone actually use facts...so if Billy Butler is worthless, I guess Fielder is too...lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Royals are relevant... nothing that bums posts here matters... And judging by past history and current team make up... along with current front office and owner.. I am going out on a limb and saying they are not going to be relevant any time soon.