• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the ENTIRE 2013 season

Hosmer has 156 hits....Vmart 155....Fielder 143...so, yes he can touch him quite well...

Hosmer 15 hr....butler 14 hr....Fielder 21 hr....Vmart 11 hr...

Hosmer 76 k's....butler 82 k's....Fielder 104 k's...Vmart 56 k's...

Hosmer 10 sbs....well lets leave the other 3 out of SBs and Triples.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could be accurate, but back to the original issue...why is it important?

If you want to know who the hottest hitters are, why go with avg vs fastball rather than overall stats for the stated time period?

Stan,

I just ran across the article...it was an interesting article....they are stats...its baseball, thats what we talk about...it was cool to read.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hosmer has 156 hits....Vmart 155....Fielder 143...so, yes he can touch him quite well...

Now there is an argument to be had here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Pena even worse defensively? I would cringe whenever I would see a runner with him at the backstop... it was a free stolen base every time it felt like.

He's fat, and slow behind the plate. I'd say its actually a wash between the two. I just don't hate Pena. Haven't had the time like I have with Avila to loathe him yet. I'd gladly take Gerry Laird back with Pena as his backup. I think Avila may have the heaviest feet of any human being under the age of 64. (He may be part Sasquatch though)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fat, and slow behind the plate. I'd say its actually a wash between the two. I just don't hate Pena. Haven't had the time like I have with Avila to loathe him yet. I'd gladly take Gerry Laird back with Pena as his backup. I think Avila may have the heaviest feet of any human being under the age of 64. (He may be part Sasquatch though)

Sounds about right, I have no clue how is hitting so well though all of the sudden.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is an argument to be had here.

The Tigers have 32 steals.... As a team. Doesn't really factor into the way they play. (Not my decision). Jackson(terrible baserunner, who happens to be very fast, got one today and about slid off the base, he probably assumed he'd be out) and Dirks lead with 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're the one who posted some sort of crazy August stat as if it was supposed to mean something and then started moving the goal posts when you were called on it. Hosmer & Butler are both good hitters. So is Vmart. Prince is having a down year. I notice you've dropped Miggy from your argument and replaced him with Fielder. Good move.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right, I have no clue how is hitting so well though all of the sudden.

Me either. He hasnt been much from the right side this year really. (Dont know the numbers off the top of my head though)I like the guy. Possibly the best interview on the team. Bright guy, cool background story. Fat and loveable for sure. Just wish he backed up a starting caliber catcher.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can I get a number that matters, like, say.... RBI?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you love how a guy like bums has to use stats that screw to a royals players advantage to make himself feel better about the team compared to the Tigers... lol... seriously bro.. I know it hurts... you won't match Det this year.. or in any year in the near future... that has to suck.. so keep trying to find useless stats like how many more burritos that Billy Butler can eat than VMart or how many times Hosmer talks to his agent about leaving KC compared to how many times agents call Det to see if they want their player.

Here is a fact... The core of the Royals is not going to get much better.. and as it stands... they are piss pour offensively. The only player in KC that could reach a decent talent level is Hosmer... Butler is what he is... and that is a fat pig that hits under .300 and can't hit more than 20 hr... and can't play the field. Gordon? Yeah.. he is real good.. why not list some of his offensive stats compared to Torii Hunter? LOL
Moustakas... is inge jr.... why keep posting like they are good bums... can you do me a favor and post their record on the year? and the elimination number?

Keep trotting the same shit bags out there.. maybe next year.. lol.. in about a week that is what you will be talking about.. because your about to be eliminated...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In just terms of hitting, Hosmer and Fielder are pretty close to each other, I would only take Hosmer because he is cheaper and has range at first to go along with the bat.

Sortable Player Stats | MLB.com: Stats

Honestly.. I don't agree here.. Fielder has way more power.. and in a down year will be close to 30 hr.... Hosmer has not shown 20 hr power yet... For what Det needs.. Fielder is better... Hosmer may hit for a higher ave.. but det needs a RBI producer that hits for power in the 4.. they have guys that hit for average in Miggy and Vmart...

At some point Hosmer may be better than Fielder.. but not yet.. and in terms of money.. it only matters to small market teams... and KC should be stocked with Hosmers for how many top 10 draft picks they have had in the last 10 yrs.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice you in on the pick 'em?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have 32 steals.... As a team. Doesn't really factor into the way they play. (Not my decision). Jackson(terrible baserunner, who happens to be very fast, got one today and about slid off the base, he probably assumed he'd be out) and Dirks lead with 7.

You don't attempt steals when you are built like the tigers... why risk an out when Miggy, Prince, or Vmart are and extra base hit away from bringing them home... seriously.. how many .300 hitters does det have.. when your entire team is batting .300 but a few guys... you don't send runners. That is what crap offenses do to manufacture a run.. look how well it works in kc.

There is a stat to post bums.. how many runs scored as a team..

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's a very significant stat. Thanks. I guess they must be really lousy with other types of pitches, huh ? Good to know. Do you have anything on BA against fastballs during night games when the temperature is under 70 in months with an 'R' in them ? :laugh3:

I could put up the Avila vs Sal Perez stats if that makes you feel better...

or A Garcia vs Dirks...

or Shields or even Santana vs Verlander

or Holland vs whoever

I only see the Tigers as a Miggy better than the Royals......they are 1 sp better but the bullpen is just as favored to the royals as that 1 SP is for the Tigers.

Dyson or Cain = JacKKKKson
Gordon = Hunter
Lough = Dirks
Hosmer = Fielder
Escobar = Enrique or Julio
Getz/Boni < Infante (if infante injured then flip it)
Perez > Avila/Pena
Butler = VMart
Moose < Miggy

Shields > Verlander
Santana < Max
Guthrie < Sanchez
Chen = Porcello
Duffy = Fister

Holland > whoever is closing next, most likely Benoit
Crow Veras
Hochevar Smyly
Coleman AA
Collins Coke
Herrera > Rondon

the best part is Hunter will be 39 and VMart 36...and Chen will be replaced by Ventura...the Royals just need to upgrade 2b...the Tigers will need to replace Hunter, upgrade the Bullpen at least 2 or 3 guys...get a catcher that can hit his weight, not a catcher who is the next Bob Uecker and hope Vmarts age doesn't get him...and Fielder's weight doesn't get him like his Dad

Should be fun next year in 2014....better win the WS in 2013 or your window begins to close...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you love how a guy like bums has to use stats that screw to a royals players advantage to make himself feel better about the team compared to the Tigers... lol... seriously bro.. I know it hurts... you won't match Det this year.. or in any year in the near future... that has to suck.. so keep trying to find useless stats like how many more burritos that Billy Butler can eat than VMart or how many times Hosmer talks to his agent about leaving KC compared to how many times agents call Det to see if they want their player.

Here is a fact... The core of the Royals is not going to get much better.. and as it stands... they are piss pour offensively. The only player in KC that could reach a decent talent level is Hosmer... Butler is what he is... and that is a fat pig that hits under .300 and can't hit more than 20 hr... and can't play the field. Gordon? Yeah.. he is real good.. why not list some of his offensive stats compared to Torii Hunter? LOL
Moustakas... is inge jr.... why keep posting like they are good bums... can you do me a favor and post their record on the year? and the elimination number?

Keep trotting the same shit bags out there.. maybe next year.. lol.. in about a week that is what you will be talking about.. because your about to be eliminated...

Keep hoping that nobody develops their talent in the Central. If Butler is a fat pig? What is Vmart? Some kind of super blob that doesn't hit as well as Butler? Will Fielder continue to decline? If Hosmer is a decent talent... what is Decent? Moose has an OPS of 810 since the ASB? He has been solid lately...

Same old song from Miamivice yet again.

The core is going to be upgraded through pitching... Wade Davis has been every bit as bad as Santana has been good. Losing Santana and adding two average pitchers to replace them is cheaper and probably better. Keep praying, keep hoping, keep dreaming in cloud 9, because it will come back to earth eventually.

Who is going to be added to this core? Duffy, Ventura, Paulino, Zimmer, and Smith. Do they need to replace Santana? Not really, they just need to be just decent to be better than this years rotation which is not that good to begin with as a whole.

I am not saying they all pan out of course, I am just saying that it is highly unlikely that the core of the Royals is peaking. If anyone is peaking in terms of production... It is the Tigers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't attempt steals when you are built like the tigers...look how well it works in kc.

There is a stat to post bums.. how many runs scored as a team..

Considering the offense has been 4th in the AL since the ASB... Not bad, but it can be better.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could put up the Avila vs Sal Perez stats if that makes you feel better...

or A Garcia vs Dirks...

or Shields or even Santana vs Verlander

or Holland vs whoever

I only see the Tigers as a Miggy better than the Royals......they are 1 sp better but the bullpen is just as favored to the royals as that 1 SP is for the Tigers.

Dyson or Cain = JacKKKKson
Gordon = Hunter
Lough = Dirks
Hosmer = Fielder
Escobar = Enrique or Julio
Getz/Boni < Infante (if infante injured then flip it)
Perez > Avila/Pena
Butler = VMart
Moose < Miggy

Shields > Verlander
Santana < Max
Guthrie < Sanchez
Chen = Porcello
Duffy = Fister

Holland > whoever is closing next, most likely Benoit
Crow Veras
Hochevar Smyly
Coleman AA
Collins Coke
Herrera > Rondon

the best part is Hunter will be 39 and VMart 36...and Chen will be replaced by Ventura...the Royals just need to upgrade 2b...the Tigers will need to replace Hunter, upgrade the Bullpen at least 2 or 3 guys...get a catcher that can hit his weight, not a catcher who is the next Bob Uecker and hope Vmarts age doesn't get him...and Fielder's weight doesn't get him like his Dad

Should be fun next year in 2014....better win the WS in 2013 or your window begins to close...

LOL... I love it.. he is talking about next year hahaahahahahahaahahahha