• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first post said nothing about fastballs. Here it is and it's still wrong and frankly pretty stupid. Why don't you link to the article so we can all have a good laugh.

I just said I HAPPENED to read an article the other day...do your own work if you want to disprove it...It also didn't say that I said it was for all at bats in August either....

If you can't deal with actual statistics...don't look at them or use them...you will fit right in as a Tigers fan.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assement of "Fat Pigs"

Billy Butler age 27, 117 hr, 241 2b, 4 3b, 5 sb, 3 cs, 581 k....298 ave...career

Price Fielder at age 27, 230 hr, 200 2b, 9 3b, 16 sb, 10 cs, 759 k..285 ave career

does anyone actually use facts...so if Billy Butler is worthless, I guess Fielder is too...lol

LOL hhahhahahaahahahahahaha why not show rbi? prince 756... fat billy 549... prince leads in every thing but BA and doubles ahahahahaahahahahaha

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the one that can't read? What does this imply

Yes it does...it DOES NOT SAY they are PLAYING THEIR 1st SEASON TOGETHER...does capitol letter make you look more intelligent to someone....

They just all started playing in the big leagues together...Butler has been around the longest...Gordon has been around awhile...then escobar...Hosmer after him..moose behind him...then Perez...then Cain....then Lough....matter of fact...find an actual statistic for a change...let me know how many times those players have been in a lineup together.

We can wait for you for the answer...since everyone knows how much weight your opinions pan out to be...find A fact for a change...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note the Twins won again...

19 year old Byron Buxton : .334 avg .424 obp 49 xtra base hits 55 sb's 109 runs...

It might be a bit early but damn i'm looking forward to this kid playing at target field...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said I HAPPENED to read an article the other day...do your own work if you want to disprove it...It also didn't say that I said it was for all at bats in August either....

If you can't deal with actual statistics...don't look at them or use them...you will fit right in as a Tigers fan.

So you post bullshit and I'm supposed to disprove it ? Lol. Yeah ok. Link or you're lying. They're your numbers. Enjoy being the 2nd best 3rd place team in the league it lasts. It ain't gonna get any better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy being the 2nd best 3rd place team in the league it lasts. It ain't gonna get any better.

Duffy, Ventura, Jorge Bonifacio, Paulino as a #5, with the continued development of Moustakas and Hosmer seem rather promising... and we are better than Cleveland. Contracts are coming off the books such as Chen, Getz, Franker, Smelliot, and possibly a cheaper Hoch allow the Royals to have some money to sign Santana if he will sign for 20-23 million or so.

Davis War -2.3
Santana War 2.2

Remove Davis = Profit

Yeah, I kind of do think it will get better.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

19 year old Byron Buxton : .334 avg .424 obp 49 xtra base hits 55 sb's 109 runs...

It might be a bit early but damn i'm looking forward to this kid playing at target field...

Where is he now? AA?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly an intriguing prospect.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL hhahhahahaahahahahahaha why not show rbi? prince 756... fat billy 549... prince leads in every thing but BA and doubles ahahahahaahahahahaha

RBI's are a product of the people batting in FRONT of you...they are not because of how good YOU are...do you really understand baseball? Wil Clark has a bunch of RBI's...lol...tons of people had a lot of RBI's while in the 3 or 4 hole...lol...and those guys had people on base before them...example...good hitters...Fielder had Braun...now Miggy, lol...

Yes he leads in CS...Fielder isn't smart enough to stop trying to prove that he isn't fat

Yes he has less doubles...he gets winded after 1st base..

Yes he has more triple and SB's because when he came up, he kept trying to prove to everyone that his weight wasn't a problem...that he could run so he ran recklessly...since he has matured those season averages in those areas have declined significantly...

Everyone is saying Fielder is having a DOWN year....then why did he hit only 30 hr last year...38 the year before and 32 the year before that...thats 34 a year for 3 straight years...so if he hits 30 this year, like you actually said, he is what..down 4 hr....that weight is catching up to him at 29 already...just FYI.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy, Ventura, Jorge Bonifacio, Paulino as a #5, with the continued development of Moustakas and Hosmer seem rather promising... and we are better than Cleveland. Contracts are coming off the books such as Chen, Getz, Franker, Smelliot, and possibly a cheaper Hoch allow the Royals to have some money to sign Santana if he will sign for 20-23 million or so.

Davis War -2.3
Santana War 2.2

Remove Davis = Profit

Yeah, I kind of do think it will get better.

He is not signing for 20-23 mil... but god I hope he does.. he is not going to keep pitching like this and you would waste your money... keep holding onto dreams man.. moustakas is shit. Your team will need miracles to happen like santana this year to be able to hold serve... the talent level you have is not on par with playoff teams right now.. trust me.. you dont want santana back.. he never had a season this good before.. and i doubt he has another one.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. but most likely vmart has him too.. and vmart was a catcher mostly before 2010

You and your "most likelys' just never end up "most likely's"....sure, I will compare Butler and Vmart at the same age...

Should I also compare Hosmer and Fielder at the same ages or AB's?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBI's are a product of the people batting in FRONT of you...they are not because of how good YOU are...do you really understand baseball? Wil Clark has a bunch of RBI's...lol...tons of people had a lot of RBI's while in the 3 or 4 hole...lol...and those guys had people on base before them...example...good hitters...Fielder had Braun...now Miggy, lol...

Yes he leads in CS...Fielder isn't smart enough to stop trying to prove that he isn't fat

Yes he has less doubles...he gets winded after 1st base..

Yes he has more triple and SB's because when he came up, he kept trying to prove to everyone that his weight wasn't a problem...that he could run so he ran recklessly...since he has matured those season averages in those areas have declined significantly...

Everyone is saying Fielder is having a DOWN year....then why did he hit only 30 hr last year...38 the year before and 32 the year before that...thats 34 a year for 3 straight years...so if he hits 30 this year, like you actually said, he is what..down 4 hr....that weight is catching up to him at 29 already...just FYI.

Stop bro.. your not proving anything... he has double the HR... and way more RBI... Butler leads in what.... two things? Who cares about being thrown out 10 times in his career? lol.. seriously man.. do you ever get sick of posting idiotic stat comparisons to make you feel better about the fact your team is not as good as det's

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not signing for 20-23 mil... but god I hope he does.. he is not going to keep pitching like this and you would waste your money... keep holding onto dreams man.. moustakas is shit. Your team will need miracles to happen like santana this year to be able to hold serve... the talent level you have is not on par with playoff teams right now.. trust me.. you dont want santana back.. he never had a season this good before.. and i doubt he has another one.

His FIP has been around 3.5 most of the year, Yeah he kinda has been this good before. His numbers are deflated due to the K being a flyball park that suppresses homers which have been the #1 reason Santana has had such an up and down career. Plus, the fielding bible has had the Royals as the #1 run saving defense. That era is deflated by quite a bit. Still pitches around a 3.5 clip, but far from preposterous to say he can't do it again in park that is very pitcher friendly to flyball pitchers.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you use ANY facts...?? wow...Santana was BETTER in 2008 and 2010....Dougy is right more often.

and arugably 2011

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your "most likelys' just never end up "most likely's"....sure, I will compare Butler and Vmart at the same age...

Should I also compare Hosmer and Fielder at the same ages or AB's?

Compare Hosmer and Prince all you want.. I am quite certain Prince had more RBI and HR than him by far as well.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn't a Porcello quality thats for sure.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. ok guys.. keep santana.. sign him up.. you won't be the only ones trying to get him... I hope you do.. its not like you won with him this year or anything...

Seriously bums.. if you would rather have butler and hosmer over prince and vmart.. cool.. lets compare their playoff numbers next shall we?