• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
archer with a career minor league era of 3.5... really sounds like ace material.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to love when a guy uses less than a full season of stats to say that a guy is better than a guy that has been up in the majors for 4 years at the same age... Lot of guys put up great numbers in their first season and poop the bed.. heck.. porcello did... you are to funny hockey... you are saying you wouldn't want porcello on the twins... and they would look for other options if he was... but you continue to start kyle gibson.. who is not only older.. but shittier. Talk about being objective... I think Porcello has ways to go before he reaches his potential.. but I see much more potential there than Archer and Gibson... and I think he is on par with Parker and Cigrani... Cigrani is in the NL.. which add about .5 to his era to make up for the league difference... you can keep your 25 and under pitching prospects and the Tigers will roll with Porcello... see who is better in the next few years... I highly doubt any of the guys you listed will be hands down better than Ricky.. heck.. in Archers case.. I could see him having a real crap season next year... he is nothing special bro.

Everything you are saying is your biased and moronic opinion. That is what this thread has turned into. If you don't like the Tigers, its wrong.

Every single person has left this thread. Except me and Nos and even he got ignored by cleaves.

Parker is in his second full season actually. And aside from a god awful start he is back to form.

Cigrani's era is still light years better.

Gibson isn't still starting lol.

Archers 2.81 is a little different than Porcellos 3.96

HAHAHA. Dude, seriously. You are a bigger homer than doug.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Correia at his best and JV at his worst, isn't a comparison. It's just as ridiculous now as it was in June.

Again, its to get a rise out of Dougy. I went back and couldnt even find the comment anyways.

If anything I was wrong giving that asshole Verlander the benefit of the doubt.

I went and looked at old posts and mulitple times I said I thought the rough outings were flukes and he would turn it around.

Shame on me for praising a tiger. Ill stick with the negatives and Porcello then.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually take Albers over Archer... what do you think about that... I have seen Archer pitch in person.. once again.. NOTHING SPECIAL.

Wow, no.

Albers is deceptive but like Diamond teams can figure him out as he is hittable. I don't think he will tank like Diamond because of how deceptive he is.

Archer has 2 great out pitches that he can really on. His control can be a concern but hes got the pitches.

Again, its just mind boggling that you can be that much of a homer and think Archer sucks and Porcello is good.

Archer probably wont repeat his 2.81 but god he has to regress a lot to even EQUAL rick.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
archer with a career minor league era of 3.5... really sounds like ace material.

First, I never said ACE at all. I said higher upside than Porcello...so basically a 3 starter lol.

And you really think the minors prove how a guy develops and turns out? Seriously?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you are saying is your biased and moronic opinion. That is what this thread has turned into. If you don't like the Tigers, its wrong.

Every single person has left this thread. Except me and Nos and even he got ignored by cleaves.

Parker is in his second full season actually. And aside from a god awful start he is back to form.

Cigrani's era is still light years better.

Gibson isn't still starting lol.

Archers 2.81 is a little different than Porcellos 3.96

HAHAHA. Dude, seriously. You are a bigger homer than doug.

Honest question.. have you watched Chris Archer pitch live.. or are you just going off stats? Cause I have... and let me tell you.. he is not a 2.81 era guy and will regress... He is a solid pitcher.. but in no way will he maintain these numbers... like I said... do you watch these guys.. or just read box scores?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question.. have you watched Chris Archer pitch live.. or are you just going off stats? Cause I have... and let me tell you.. he is not a 2.81 era guy and will regress... He is a solid pitcher.. but in no way will he maintain these numbers... like I said... do you watch these guys.. or just read box scores?

If by live, you mean on televsion then yes...id say 6 times. Cigrani I havnt seen pitch quite as often.

Obviously have not made my way to Tampa and watched "live" in that sense.

But did you just read what I said? He probably will regress. But he has to regress A LOT and then A LOT more to reach Rick.

He has two good outpitches and when his curve is getting over he is great. He has his little "injury" and been back to form his last 3 outings.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love hockey coming in here calling us homers because we are not agreeing with him that players that he doesn't like on the tigers are not as bad as he thinks... its reverse homerism. I honestly have no issue with you and nosfer.. you guys are entertaining to discuss stuff with.. and you getting all worked up and crying about our posts is funny... seriously.. you guys rarely if ever have a good word to say about anything Det.. so why would we have a good word to say about your team? Tigers fans didn't run off the others.. they left because their teams are shit and they jumped off the bandwagon.. seriously.... captobvious left because I called him out in front of you guys about switching to his "second team" when his Indians fell out of contention... if you think he ran off because of that.. you are crazy.. he ran off because he was frustrated with his team and is a second rate fan that only backs them when they are winning. I assure you Captobvious, shane, and the rest of the indians bandwagon fans will be right back here if they get withing a few games.... Royals fans.. da55bums is still around.. holding the candle for royals fans... i am sure he will stay too..

Grow up hockey.. seriously man... like I said.. I enjoy banter with you and nosfer and don't take stuff personal you guys say.. and its pretty funny if you believe we ran off the other guys.. you should be able to see its the win / loss column that ran them off.. not ever teams fans are as solid as the Twins.. obviously.. that is the case with indians fans.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by live, you mean on televsion then yes...id say 6 times. Cigrani I havnt seen pitch quite as often.

Obviously have not made my way to Tampa and watched "live" in that sense.

But did you just read what I said? He probably will regress. But he has to regress A LOT and then A LOT more to reach Rick.

He has two good outpitches and when his curve is getting over he is great. He has his little "injury" and been back to form his last 3 outings.

2.81 can turn into 4 in a matter of a week or two with a couple off games... like I said.. rub one out to the twins prospects like gibson and the rest... I will stick with porcello.. who the team wins more than they lose with over 4 seasons... I wonder what you will say when porcello has a better year next year than archer.. or parker... i will surely remind you.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love hockey coming in here calling us homers because we are not agreeing with him that players that he doesn't like on the tigers are not as bad as he thinks... its reverse homerism. I honestly have no issue with you and nosfer.. you guys are entertaining to discuss stuff with.. and you getting all worked up and crying about our posts is funny... seriously.. you guys rarely if ever have a good word to say about anything Det.. so why would we have a good word to say about your team? Tigers fans didn't run off the others.. they left because their teams are shit and they jumped off the bandwagon.. seriously.... captobvious left because I called him out in front of you guys about switching to his "second team" when his Indians fell out of contention... if you think he ran off because of that.. you are crazy.. he ran off because he was frustrated with his team and is a second rate fan that only backs them when they are winning. I assure you Captobvious, shane, and the rest of the indians bandwagon fans will be right back here if they get withing a few games.... Royals fans.. da55bums is still around.. holding the candle for royals fans... i am sure he will stay too..

Grow up hockey.. seriously man... like I said.. I enjoy banter with you and nosfer and don't take stuff personal you guys say.. and its pretty funny if you believe we ran off the other guys.. you should be able to see its the win / loss column that ran them off.. not ever teams fans are as solid as the Twins.. obviously.. that is the case with indians fans.

Your head is so far up your ass it is unbelievable.

I didn't even read why these guys all left. It was a 10 page firestorm daily that I couldnt even keep up with. Usually you always involved.

Those stat guys come by and because they start winning arguments you guys got pissed, they left. This has turned into general Tigers discussion and anything negative is wrong.

Its not like I am saying Torii Hunter is a bad signing. Or Miggy sucks. Or Fister is awful.

I am being REALISTIC. Rick Porcello is not good, that is my opinion. Numbers support it.

You absolutely are a homer. Refusing to listen to anything other than what YOU think. I am being objective here.

Ill take Jarrod Parker over Rick Porcello. Give me Sanchez over Parker.

You happy? Or do I need to like all 25 Tigers?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.81 can turn into 4 in a matter of a week or two with a couple off games... like I said.. rub one out to the twins prospects like gibson and the rest... I will stick with porcello.. who the team wins more than they lose with over 4 seasons... I wonder what you will say when porcello has a better year next year than archer.. or parker... i will surely remind you.

And in a week or two Porcello could be Jeremy Hellickson without the track record of success. God you are ridiculous.

Ill be waiting next year. Parker wont be sinking to 4.50 lows anytime soon.

Absolutely ridiculous.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the twins fans for coming out even when the team is not contending... its pretty cool to see... To me.. guys that have "second teams" that jump from one bandwagon to the other because the first team starts losing are far less quality fans. I get paying attention to more than one team.. I watch the marlins.. I know what is going on with their team... i live here and go to there games... but when its said and done.. I would not ever "make them my second team". Its like graduating from one college but rooting for another in sports...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do you keep bringing up Gibson?

I am not touting him.

Everytime you lose an argument(which is everytime you speak)...you twist it around to the twins.

You are the biggest hypocritical dumbass around. Division titles meant nothing when the Twins were winngin. Now for the Tigers winnings isnt everything.

Point out Porcello sucks and I become obsessed with Gibson?

It is clear you do not know sports. You are actually wrong everytime with everyone you come in contact with. Then quickly deflect and change the subject.

Embarrassing.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your head is so far up your ass it is unbelievable.

I didn't even read why these guys all left. It was a 10 page firestorm daily that I couldnt even keep up with. Usually you always involved.

Those stat guys come by and because they start winning arguments you guys got pissed, they left. This has turned into general Tigers discussion and anything negative is wrong.

Its not like I am saying Torii Hunter is a bad signing. Or Miggy sucks. Or Fister is awful.

I am being REALISTIC. Rick Porcello is not good, that is my opinion. Numbers support it.

You absolutely are a homer. Refusing to listen to anything other than what YOU think. I am being objective here.

Ill take Jarrod Parker over Rick Porcello. Give me Sanchez over Parker.

You happy? Or do I need to like all 25 Tigers?

No hockey.. actually the stat guys left because da55bums came here around page 187 and started creep stalking me... and kept posting about how stuff like how fast I could run the 800m 15 years ago and not baseball... You should know by know that when you and I argue its about baseball.. not what time you ran a race in 1997 or what kind of car you drive. If you want to see why the stat guys left... take a gander at how da55bums was arguing with them because they told him the royals don't stack up statwise... all the while he argued with them they are better than the tigers.. because that is what he does.. troll tigers fans. Before you accuse.. you should double check. That being said.. I am sure the stat nerds will be back... they didn't leave mad... they left because they didn't care what I ate last week.. and that is what da55bums wanted to talk about.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hockey.. actually the stat guys left because da55bums came here around page 187 and started creep stalking me... and kept posting about how stuff like how fast I could run the 800m 15 years ago and not baseball... You should know by know that when you and I argue its about baseball.. not what time you ran a race in 1997 or what kind of car you drive. If you want to see why the stat guys left... take a gander at how da55bums was arguing with them because they told him the royals don't stack up statwise... all the while he argued with them they are better than the tigers.. because that is what he does.. troll tigers fans. Before you accuse.. you should double check. That being said.. I am sure the stat nerds will be back... they didn't leave mad... they left because they didn't care what I ate last week.. and that is what da55bums wanted to talk about.

again, like I siad I didn't keep up on all the posts

but I saw all the Tigers fans getting mad when they were using numbers to support claims. And saying the 3 of them just hunt in a pack.

I didn't even really pay attention to what the arugments were but when they give numbers and stats with their opinions(I agree sometimes the over the top stats are annoying) and you guys still refuse to accept anything that may not support the tigers. This thread becomes unbearable.

For some reason you just believe we are out to get the tigers and "jealous"

I can say for a certainty I want a tigers WS this year more than the Red Sox, Yankees(probably dont get in) and even most likely the Rangers.

The only team I would straight up "root" for over the Tigers is the Rays. So, I really am not out to see the lose at all.

Would pull for O's most likely as well but they aint makin it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Porcello has been great aside from a few bad starts.. he has 15 QS... You want to add to our bet and say that Porcello won't be under 3.5 era next year? I don't think every Tiger is amazing.. but I have been a Porcello defender even against other tigers fans since he came up... As I was for Jacob Turner as well... They both are going to end up being above average starters... Porcello is basically a younger version of Fister.. they are the same pitcher with one being much younger...

You want me to name a few Tigers I wish were not on the roster? Coke, Pena, Dirks, Alburquerque, Alvarez, and Peralta . I am not a huge fan of Ajax either.. I think he is massively overrated.

You want to rip a guy I actually believe has a solid future? Yup.. gonna defend that.. and gonna laugh when I am right.. See.. I think long term.. in life.. that is why I am successful.. guys like you think short term and flounder... Looking at Porcello's career so far says very little... how many guys start in the AL from the age of 20 with little to no high minors experience and put up better numbers? AL.. not NL...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, like I siad I didn't keep up on all the posts

but I saw all the Tigers fans getting mad when they were using numbers to support claims. And saying the 3 of them just hunt in a pack.

I didn't even really pay attention to what the arugments were but when they give numbers and stats with their opinions(I agree sometimes the over the top stats are annoying) and you guys still refuse to accept anything that may not support the tigers. This thread becomes unbearable.

For some reason you just believe we are out to get the tigers and "jealous"

I can say for a certainty I want a tigers WS this year more than the Red Sox, Yankees(probably dont get in) and even most likely the Rangers.

The only team I would straight up "root" for over the Tigers is the Rays. So, I really am not out to see the lose at all.

Would pull for O's most likely as well but they aint makin it.

Hockey.. the reason you and nosfer are still here and the others are not is quite obvious.. you guys come here for entertainment and don't really hate the tigers as a team nor are you jealous.. because your team was winning the division for quite some time before Det... the other teams fans are just butt hurt because their team is not winning.. and they are disappointed.. and take their jealously out on the team and its fans that are in first...

Like I said.. I have no issue with you guys.. and have chatted with you guys for years now.. seriously.. drop the whole bs crap about us running people off.. if we were that bad.. why are you still here?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I think short term? As a Twins fan long term is what I am hanging on too. We have 5 guys who could potentially be studs for years in our lineup. I am all about the long term.

Porcello below 3.5 next year? Done deal. Whatever you want to bet on that.

At least you don't agree with Dougy on Dirks.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey.. the reason you and nosfer are still here and the others are not is quite obvious.. you guys come here for entertainment and don't really hate the tigers as a team nor are you jealous.. because your team was winning the division for quite some time before Det... the other teams fans are just butt hurt because their team is not winning.. and they are disappointed.. and take their jealously out on the team and its fans that are in first...

Like I said.. I have no issue with you guys.. and have chatted with you guys for years now.. seriously.. drop the whole bs crap about us running people off.. if we were that bad.. why are you still here?

You have called me and Nos jealous multiple times. I didn't just pull it out of nowhere.

Im still here because I like talking baseball. As you can see aside from today I really cut down the posting of the last week(time had to do with it) because each day was a project trying to keep up with the shit going on.

Now if that tygerphan psyco gets reinstated I may bolt for the doors for good.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Tiger I think is massively over rated.. Smyly.. Porcello has a higher ceiling.. Smyly has a small sample size as a starter.. Nothing I see tells me he has any more upside other than being a lefty... I would rather he stays in the bullpen and the tigers get their hands on another young stud pitcher either through draft, development, or from trading scherzer.. another Tiger I think is having his best season he will ever have and will regress down the road after getting a big contract.