• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers 14 - 3 Last 17 games vs the Indians.

that's owning you enemy

Doug, you wouldn't happen to know the record of teh Tigers vs the Royals this season do you?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honing my skills right now. Hoping the Spartans continue to suck enough so my Broncos can steal one up in E.L.

Man was happy just to get a win....our defense dominated....our offense sucked.....receivers still dropping passes.....dont like the 2 QB system....neither QB can hit a rythem.....easy schedule.....wish we had cousins this year.....broncos fought tuff in shitty weather...

That turf looked great didnt it? Still dry after the rain stopped.......of course i was a turf management student:clap:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a branch in GR. But Westerns Main campus is 45 minutes south on 131 in Kalamazoo. Grand Valley has a nice branch in GR now too. Was Grand Rapids where you were in Michigan? (Fuckin Spartys just kicked another FG 19-7 now)

Had alot of party days in kzoo.....did alot of shows over there...i remember a show with too short in the late 90's where he didnt show up.....it was in one of the Auditoriums at westerns campus.....he didnt show and they were ready to riot.....i remember a big gutted out factory/warehouse where they had the after parties....only thing in there was a dj booth. Was pretty cool....i remember the amtrak train used to go right by it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I did...the list that was the 1st sight...

10 - Cap Anson
9 - Albert Pujols
8 - Honus Wagner
7 - Al Simmons
6 - Joe Dimaggio
5 - Jimmy Foxx
4 - Willie Mays
3 - Hank Aaron
2 - Nap Lajoie
1 - Roger Hornby

So, I did what you asked....Googled it...and listed the 1st sight listed...bleacherreport.com.....and WOW who would have thought.....Tigers fans creating more BS....Miggy Cabrera is NOT listed in the TOP 10 right handed batters of ALL TIME....shocked...amazed...bewildered....

That was 2009...there is also a list from 2012...with Manny Ramerez on it and Alex Rodriguez....how many do you want to be listed til somebody's list....most likely a Tigers fans list that has Miggy as the best of all time...

why do you actually make it so easy?

I just googled it to see what came up.....the first on mine was a tim mccarver piece, the 2nd was jason stark from ESPN....but of course people will say, what do they know....nobody likes the people on tv or writing stories.....i stay away from bleacher report....thats just the average joe writing their opinions....most of them are usually biased. But dont feel like arguing with you all night....youre right miggys not the best i seen.....thanks for making my opinion for me....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh Flint..... Well, I hear at one time it was nice. :noidea:People like to say things about Detroit, but Benton Harbor and Flint-town that are worst in the state. My got stuck doing his residency in the ER there this summer. He's got some crazyass stories.

Ha flint was the worst....they either became rappers, basketball players or criminals.....or all 3......

Remember seeing antonio smith in a bronze suit at club beavers the night after he went to court for stealing a 40.....that was one tall fucker in a suit....ahhhhh used to love flint music...but that place is bad.....benton harbor and flint are both worse than detroit pound for pound.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that stretch of road from GR to Muskegun always under construction... At least MI has a reason to repair roads all the time... winter tears em up.... Here in Miami... the Palmetto expressway is in under construction non stop.. has been for at least a decade... its one of the busiest roads in the south part of the country... if you get on it or 95 during rush hour... you might as well put it in park and take a nap...

I used to drive that stretch alot going over to grand raggedy......nice little 30 min drive....no cops.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rut ro.

Miggy is hurt and its getting worse.

when are the Tigers going to let him heal up?

we can mop up the central and let Miggy go on the DL. let him have 15 off

I would let him sit the next 2 vs cleveland....its cleveland...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and the tigers won.....there had to catch up for the night.....bout to go finish celebrating spartys win.....taking a ride down the chicago river tomorrow with the fam.....go tigers!!!!!

And for you dougie.......GO GREEN!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Doug.. can you post the over all record of the Tigers.. and the overall record of the Royals.. I can't seem to find it.. Does anyone know who has a better record overall? Are the Royals in first place? Or are the Tigers.. you would think it has to be close with all the shit talking coming from fans of mulletville.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a sparty number 1?:laugh3:

Sparty's offense was fecal.. against a mid level mac team.. that has to worry you a tad... the defense looked good though... But wow.. the MSU offense looked off bad.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its truly amazing how a guy can come in here an shit talk Tigers fans when his team lost... and is pretty much eliminated form the playoffs with a month to go... I just am amazed... Its like a homeless guy that hasn't had a shower in months talking smack to a millionaire.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bragging about the Royals is like the guy that still wears the Members Only jacket and talks about how he used to be cool back in 85...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bragging about the Royals is like the guy that still wears the Members Only jacket and talks about how he used to be cool back in 85...

HAHAHA, hey... wait a minute

because I was hands down the best athlete in my school

Sorry, just struck me funny...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had alot of party days in kzoo.....did alot of shows over there...i remember a show with too short in the late 90's where he didnt show up.....it was in one of the Auditoriums at westerns campus.....he didnt show and they were ready to riot.....i remember a big gutted out factory/warehouse where they had the after parties....only thing in there was a dj booth. Was pretty cool....i remember the amtrak train used to go right by it.

The Whistlestop. Hahahaha, crazy shit down there. Atleast that's what it was when I first got there. They got shut down. Too much craziness. (They had the weirdest commercial of a midget dancing with ghetto chicks, I can still see him smiling at those big behinds) Now it's Upscale Yuppie Shopping.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some good looking grass! MSU puts out the best grass, always. Back in the World Cup they created the SilverDome Grass. Wish they would have kept it for the Lions too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya on Ricky, Vice. But I'd rather he keep fighting the good fight with us. The kid has grown up on the Bigs. His location keeps improving. His velocity is up. He has an actual shortstop..... The best is definitely yet to come from Porcello.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Porcello would be an All Star already in a NL park like Miami or San Diego.

While I wouldn't go as far to say Porcello would be an All-Star already if he pitched in the NL (his best season is still a 3.95 ERA) -- I've said all along, he pitching style is much better suited for the senior circuit.

He could be a solid #3 starter in the NL, with the potential to even be a #2, if he had a really good defense behind him up the middle.

I can admit my I was dead wrong about the Tigers middle infield -- I was more than content with Peralta and have even said the whole range argument is overrated (which i still think it is for most positions) -- At SS though -- Iglesias, in the few games he has been with Detroit, has shown what a top end SS can do for a team. Who knows what would have happened in last night's game if he didn't make that play on Brantley, turning what would have been a basehit and run, into a double play. I hated to see Garcia go, but I think Detroit has found their SS for the next decade in Iglesias.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I wouldn't go as far to say Porcello would be an All-Star already if he pitched in the NL (his best season is still a 3.95 ERA) -- I've said all along, he pitching style is much better suited for the senior circuit.

He could be a solid #3 starter in the NL, with the potential to even be a #2, if he had a really good defense behind him up the middle.

I can admit my I was dead wrong about the Tigers middle infield -- I was more than content with Peralta and have even said the whole range argument is overrated (which i still think it is for most positions) -- At SS though -- Iglesias, in the few games he has been with Detroit, has shown what a top end SS can do for a team. Who knows what would have happened in last night's game if he didn't make that play on Brantley, turning what would have been a basehit and run, into a double play. I hated to see Garcia go, but I think Detroit has found their SS for the next decade in Iglesias.

If Jacob Turner can turn in the numbers he is with the marlins... Porcello could also... Porcello is a much better pitcher right now than jacob turner... But turner pitches in the nl... In a huge park... With good defense behind him all year.

Nosfer... I was speaking of the 90s... No Members Only jacket for me.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jacob Turner can turn in the numbers he is with the marlins... Porcello could also... Porcello is a much better pitcher right now than jacob turner... But turner pitches in the nl... In a huge park... With good defense behind him all year.

I wouldn't put too much into what Turner is doing right now. He is getting by on smoke and mirrors, because teams never seem to get the big hit against him.

I think you will see Turner's ERA continue to go up after each start he makes. He just walks TOO MANY guys to be a quality pitcher in the MLB, especially when he doesn't strikeout that many guys.

I do think Porcello could be a guy who would give you a 3.50 ERA in the NL and eat innings like he does in the AL.