• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put too much into what Turner is doing right now. He is getting by on smoke and mirrors, because teams never seem to get the big hit against him.

I think you will see Turner's ERA continue to go up after each start he makes. He just walks TOO MANY guys to be a quality pitcher in the MLB, especially when he doesn't strikeout that many guys.

I do think Porcello could be a guy who would give you a 3.50 ERA in the NL and eat innings like he does in the AL.

Honestly bro.. I like you.... but that is a dumb post.. Turner is 21... I highly doubt he has peaked... seriously man... I understand the whole not wanting him to be good sense det traded him.. but he is one of the best young pitchers in the NL.. I doubt you have watched any of his games.. I have.. I live in Miami and go to games all the time... He is NOT getting by on smoke and mirrors. And I will bet you $100 this is not the best season of his career.. come on man.. he is 21. Jesus Christ.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Morneau gone. To the Pirates.

I know you Tigers fans have the right seeing as your rotation is stacked with quality options but some of this Porcello talk is getting out of hand.

The guy simply isn't very good. He will always be a back end of the rotation guy. Which is perfect on a team like the Tigers now. Durable, great option when you already have 4 other even better ones, and a guy who doesn't completely suck so he can get wins with a good lineup.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly bro.. I like you.... but that is a dumb post.. Turner is 21... I highly doubt he has peaked... seriously man... I understand the whole not wanting him to be good sense det traded him.. but he is one of the best young pitchers in the NL.. I doubt you have watched any of his games.. I have.. I live in Miami and go to games all the time... He is NOT getting by on smoke and mirrors. And I will bet you $100 this is not the best season of his career.. come on man.. he is 21. Jesus Christ.

Miami -- I didn't say it will be the best year of his career. I said he is getting by on smoke and mirrors right now, which he is. Show me another pitcher in the MLB who has a 1.45 K to walk ratio that has a 3.10 ERA? The only guy who was close is Jeff Locke -- he just got sent down to Triple A, because all the walks finally caught up to him.

If Turner learns how to pitch with control -- he could be really good. He is getting by this year though on smoke and mirrors. 61 k's with 42 walks in 98 innings is a recipe for disaster.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see the Buckeyes struggle to beat Buffalo? LOL.. Braxton Miller still a heisman canidate? that is not the 2nd best team in the country...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Morneau gone. To the Pirates.

I know you Tigers fans have the right seeing as your rotation is stacked with quality options but some of this Porcello talk is getting out of hand.

The guy simply isn't very good. He will always be a back end of the rotation guy. Which is perfect on a team like the Tigers now. Durable, great option when you already have 4 other even better ones, and a guy who doesn't completely suck so he can get wins with a good lineup.

No offense hockey, but you don't know what you're talking about with Porcello. If he's always part of a rotation like Detroits current, he'll be back end. But it's one of the best 3 or 4 rotations in baseball. He'd be a third starter on more than a few decent rotations right now, and he's 24. Not only is he young, but he's steadily improving. And has had an actual shortsop for about a month of his career now. To say, "The guy simply isn't very good" is not only stupid, but it's completely fucking off base. Earlier this year you wanted to pump up Kevin Correia, so, yeah.... Maybe leave the pitching evaluation to guys like Doug, who know what they're talkin about.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello is 59-49 ERA 4.50 and he is 24.....he is striking out more guys.....moving up.....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense hockey, but you don't know what you're talking about with Porcello. If he's always part of a rotation like Detroits current, he'll be back end. But it's one of the best 3 or 4 rotations in baseball. He'd be a third starter on more than a few decent rotations right now, and he's 24. Not only is he young, but he's steadily improving. And has had an actual shortsop for about a month of his career now. To say, "The guy simply isn't very good" is not only stupid, but it's completely fucking off base. Earlier this year you wanted to pump up Kevin Correia, so, yeah.... Maybe leave the pitching evaluation to guys like Doug, who know what they're talkin about.

Kyle Gibson is 25 and has much worse numbers than porcello.. yet I am sure in hockey's mind.. he is still a prospect and will be better than porcello some day

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello is 59-49 ERA 4.50 and he is 24.....he is striking out more guys.....moving up.....

Twins, Indians, and Royals fans would nut themselves to have Porcello on their roster.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly you did take offense. Like all Tigers fans with the exception of possibly cleaves. Your team as very few flaws and many great players...but boy do you guys get butt hurt when a bad player is deemed just that.

I said Porcello is good for his role. A 5th starter who eats innings. I know for some unknown reason you don't like "stats" or numbers"(not really sure what you use then). But Porcello isn't good. He's had 1 year of 3rd starter quality and that is it. Right now, he would blend in with the Twins rotation and we are god awful. At least he can pitch well vs the White Sox lol. It is not off base at all to say he isn't good. 4.50 era is good? That is a good career? I thought you would set the standards a little better.

Maybe we should leave the evaluation to Dougy. You have proven you cannot be objective.

When the hell did I pump up Corriea? LOL. Nos can back me up and say that if anything I was a little over the top in my HATRED of these types of signings. At least he was a better pick up than Pelfrey though.

You are reaching, badly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Indians young gun Salazar will be 24 in January, with a grand total for ten weeks in the bigs. If he keeps starting the rest of the way. Now Chris Sale, there's a young guy with more upside Ricky.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins, Indians, and Royals fans would nut themselves to have Porcello on their roster.

wrong. On the Twins alone Porcello is middle of the pack LOL. And our rotation is god fucking awful.

All Porcello has is the longevitiy of being consistently below average.

He has proven to be able to stick for full seasons of being bad.

Basically because the team he is on. Great offense and 4 other amazing options. Other rotations would be forced to do something

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Indians young gun Salazar will be 24 in January, with a grand total for ten weeks in the bigs. If he keeps starting the rest of the way. Now Chris Sale, there's a young guy with more upside Ricky.

Along with Archer, Parker, Cigrani etc..

All guys Vice took Porcello over.

Who cares if they didn't get rushed up at 20. They are performing now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you did take offense. Like all Tigers fans with the exception of possibly cleaves. Your team as very few flaws and many great players...but boy do you guys get butt hurt when a bad player is deemed just that.

I said Porcello is good for his role. A 5th starter who eats innings. I know for some unknown reason you don't like "stats" or numbers"(not really sure what you use then). But Porcello isn't good. He's had 1 year of 3rd starter quality and that is it. Right now, he would blend in with the Twins rotation and we are god awful. At least he can pitch well vs the White Sox lol. It is not off base at all to say he isn't good. 4.50 era is good? That is a good career? I thought you would set the standards a little better.

Maybe we should leave the evaluation to Dougy. You have proven you cannot be objective.

When the hell did I pump up Corriea? LOL. Nos can back me up and say that if anything I was a little over the top in my HATRED of these types of signings. At least he was a better pick up than Pelfrey though.

You are reaching, badly.
I meant no offense to you. (Your opinion on pitching isn't going to offend me). You tried to say Correia was more "efficient"(I believe that was the term) than JV, earlier this season, on this thread. That kind of eliminates you from valid opinions on starters. Or the years you spent yapping about how Verlanders first innings prevented him from being an "Ace". I understand you haven't seen good pitching in a few years now, but it doesn't mean every young pitcher will stop progressing.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defination of performing must be walking and breathing.....how many 24 year olds have won 59 games......

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant no offense to you. (Your opinion on pitching isn't going to offend me). You tried to say Correia was more "efficient"(I believe that was the term) than JV, earlier this season, on this thread. That kind of eliminates you from valid opinions on starters. Or the years you spent yapping about how Verlanders first innings prevented him from being an "Ace". I understand you haven't seen good pitching in a few years now, but it doesn't mean every young pitcher will stop progressing.

Well 1, at the time I said it...Corriea was more efficient. It was a point to tigers fans like Dougy that there cherry picking can back fire.

Anything I say to someone like Doug should be taken with a grain of salt. I mess with him because he is a pure homer and sometimes Ill use the smallest of sample to prove his stupidity wrong and get a nice rise.

I never said Porcello would progress I just said right now he is what he is. Hes in the perfect situation. Throw him on the Twins and his numbers are probably worse

Less margin for error and he now has to face the Tigers lineup.

I mean if you guys are excited about a guy like Porcello. All the power to you. I just don't think hes very good, and his numbers prove it.

I wish the twins had about 20 players on the Tigers current roster...Rick is not one of them. It's ok. There are some players on the Cardinals, Braves and Red Sox I wouldnt want either.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defination of performing must be walking and breathing.....how many 24 year olds have won 59 games......

And again. I said he is in a great situation.

5th starter. Great lineup. Durable and wins games.

His era is awful. Put him on the Twins of the last 3 years and he has maybe 15 wins.

Corriea has got to be better than Strasburg then!!!

Winning games!!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 1, at the time I said it...Corriea was more efficient. It was a point to tigers fans like Dougy that there cherry picking can back fire.

Anything I say to someone like Doug should be taken with a grain of salt. I mess with him because he is a pure homer and sometimes Ill use the smallest of sample to prove his stupidity wrong and get a nice rise.

I never said Porcello would progress I just said right now he is what he is. Hes in the perfect situation. Throw him on the Twins and his numbers are probably worse

Less margin for error and he now has to face the Tigers lineup.

I mean if you guys are excited about a guy like Porcello. All the power to you. I just don't think hes very good, and his numbers prove it.

I wish the twins had about 20 players on the Tigers current roster...Rick is not one of them. It's ok. There are some players on the Cardinals, Braves and Red Sox I wouldnt want either.

Dude, Correia at his best and JV at his worst, isn't a comparison. It's just as ridiculous now as it was in June.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along with Archer, Parker, Cigrani etc..

All guys Vice took Porcello over.

Who cares if they didn't get rushed up at 20. They are performing now.

You have to love when a guy uses less than a full season of stats to say that a guy is better than a guy that has been up in the majors for 4 years at the same age... Lot of guys put up great numbers in their first season and poop the bed.. heck.. porcello did... you are to funny hockey... you are saying you wouldn't want porcello on the twins... and they would look for other options if he was... but you continue to start kyle gibson.. who is not only older.. but shittier. Talk about being objective... I think Porcello has ways to go before he reaches his potential.. but I see much more potential there than Archer and Gibson... and I think he is on par with Parker and Cigrani... Cigrani is in the NL.. which add about .5 to his era to make up for the league difference... you can keep your 25 and under pitching prospects and the Tigers will roll with Porcello... see who is better in the next few years... I highly doubt any of the guys you listed will be hands down better than Ricky.. heck.. in Archers case.. I could see him having a real crap season next year... he is nothing special bro.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually take Albers over Archer... what do you think about that... I have seen Archer pitch in person.. once again.. NOTHING SPECIAL.