• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see burning cars once a week.. no joke... I saw an entire limo on fire a few year ago at about 2 am on i-95... Yeah.. the chickens are pretty odd... thats a Santaria thing.. they use them to cast spells.. you will see dead chicken bodies or dead pigeons in the middle of four way stops all over the place. Freaky stuff.

It's just chickens everywhere! Had to pay a little fee at a hotel once for secured parking. (Or park at Arthur Treachers). There weren't any vagrants but there were 4 chickens and half a dozen cats. You coulda thought you were NowheresVille Iowa. Aside from the salt breeze, palm trees and lack of KatyDids. (Clean pastels even in the Parking Garage. )

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok George brett had a sore brown eye

Speaking of George Brett, how many times have we seen him run out of the dugout over the pine tar deal, gotta be a few hundred at least... He's more known for that than anything including 3000 hits or hitting .390

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long you been in Miami Vice? Miami is one of the only big cities in Amerika I havent been too, Miami, San Francisco and Seattle are about the only big cities I ain't been too... Heard Miami is pretty nice...

been here since 2004... its a great city.. very different from any other part of the US because of the Cuban, Carribean, and South American influence. You have to have an open mind to enjoy it.. because a lot of Mid Western people come here and get intimidated by the difference in culture. It has its really nice parts... Brickell... Coral Gables... Coconut Grove... South Miami.. Miami Beach... But it has its weird spots like South Beach that is nothing more than a beach version of the strip in Vegas minus the gambling... Parts of downtown are really nice.. and they are trying to clean it up.. but parts are still rough...

Coolest places to see in Miami are the Design District if you like art... Little Havanna for Cuban food and hand rolled cigars... and South Beach if you have never been there before...

If it wasn't for Miami.. I would have moved back to Michigan years ago.. Its my home now...

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George could swing the lumber. just think if he played for better teams? like in detriot or new York.

he would be remembered more then hemroids and pine tar

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
growing up watching post season baseball.

2 most boring teams. KC Royals...boring always losing to the Yankees.

and Baltimore Os... did Bumbry ever get a hit in the post season? or that lowenbraun guy?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy and???

verlander.. people are over blowing this season as bad because of the bar he set the last few seasons... he could have an era of 3.6 every year from here on out if they win the WS this year or next and he will get in.. He is one of the few pitchers to win a CY and MVP in one season.. and I really doubt he doesn't have at least 1 or 2 more great seasons in him.. lots of great pitchers had a down year then bounced right back after they were in their 30s.. look at Nolan Ryan... or even Randy Johnson. No pitcher goes his entire career at a CY level...

If the Tigers win this WS and or next year.. guys like Prince... VMart... Hunter... and even Scherzer could lay claim to a invite.. I doubt they do.. but a guys like Torii Hunter are not far off stat wise and a WS or two would get him in... I hate the whole predicting what happens when a guys career is over.. but all those guys have a shot.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IGGYS play tonight on a DP almost made ESPN top play of the night> came in second

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George could swing the lumber. just think if he played for better teams? like in detriot or new York.

he would be remembered more then hemroids and pine tar

the funny part is.. outside of KC.. that is pretty much what he is known for.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more concerned about Verlander if it was injury related.. but it doesn't seem to be. At any point he could adjust his delivery and go on a run... Its not like he is a Dontrelle Willis or Lincecum that just mechanically were flawed... If any regular pitcher was having his season.. they would be celebrating it... Most of the aces from last year seem to be having down years this year.. its odd.. but there are a ton of guys from last years CY votes that look nothing like themselves.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kc had a player that stuttered> played first base think his name was willie mays aikens

seen him at old tiger stadium hit two home runs

I was just a kid never seen a ball hit so far this guy could smash the ball

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
verlander..

IMO he's not even close to a lock yet, not that he won't get there but his subpar WS numbers won't help, he's only at like 140 wins and 1600 SO's, he's got a lot of work to do.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Willie Wilson

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
former twin Liriano was getting raked so bad in the central

now pitching for the pirates he is a super star how do AL Central doubters say about that?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO he's not even close to a lock yet, not that he won't get there but his subpar WS numbers won't help, he's only at like 140 wins and 1600 SO's, he's got a lot of work to do.

He is also only 30.. guys that win 300 games usually pitch to 40 at least. so that being said.. 10 more years.. and 16 wins a season is doable.. Seriously.. if this is his bad year out of his career.. he is getting in... I just don't see why everyone is so worked up.. his numbers are not that bad.. they are just bad for him compared to the last few seasons... If he was in the NL he would probably be still having a great yr.. Guys like Cain or Halladay are the ones people should be freaked out about.. Halladay is done.. and Cain's numbers are seriously gross for an NL pitcher.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
former twin Liriano was getting raked so bad in the central

now pitching for the pirates he is a super star how do AL Central doubters say about that?

People underestimate how moving to the NL can prolong a pitchers career by getting to pitch to a pitcher 3 times a game. A guy that is a 4 era guy in the AL can be a 3.5 guy in the NL... and a guy with potential in the AL can be an ace in the NL... I am telling you.. Rick Porcello would be an All Star already in a NL park like Miami or San Diego.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting worked up about it, I just think he's about half way to the hall right now, assuming he will do what hes done for the next 10 years is asking an awful lot. I didn't say no way he does it I just think it's way to early to consider him a lock.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers 14 - 3 Last 17 games vs the Indians.

that's owning you enemy

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers can lock up the division in the next two weeks by winning this series and winning the series with the royals... the last 10-14 days are going to be on cruise control most likely... I don't see either the Royals or the Indians putting up much of a fight in the last month... Indians look like they packed it up a few weeks ago.. and the Royals will be lucky to finish above .500...