• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums - " Hey guys.. we developed talent like Johnny Damon, Beltran, and Greinke"

Awesome idiot... they all ended playing in playoff games for other teams.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny on the thread about Jeter striking out you blow off that stat. Which means a helluva a lot more than WAR. You say an out is an out.

Well K's tell people how many times he doesn't put the ball in ply on his outs. It shows he doesn't advance runners or strands guys at 3rd.

So selective stats are good? But it doesn't further your argument.

See stats can be manipulated you seem pretty good at articulating this.

Woah, Woah, Woah..... Arther said an outs an out? Funny how it works with stats, ya use em how you want, when you want. Might just depend on which particular spreadsheet is in front if him at the time....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite bumisms.... and I am serious.. he said these two things...

- the royals have less losses all time than the tigers

- the royals won more al west division titles

i swear to god he said these things on cbs gamecenters...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats like betting a piece of bazooka bubble gum......even tho the bubble gum is worth more thanks to the comic. It also helped playing in that lil dome too. God i hated that place. That was minnys 2nd biggest mistake.....the first being joes contract..but they should of built another dome and kept that advantage.....i know the sox and harrelson hated tht place too....i think the whole central did......well except kc......they dont win anywhere anyways. Their team would have problems hitting it out of a little league field. Power hitters and kc? Just dont go with each other......steve bye bye balboni......one of kc's greatest lol

The problem wasn't moving out of the dome. It was the way we built our stadium. Our franchise player is a opposite field power guy and we build a stadium that basically takes that out of play. Ball doesn't carry great and the demensions deep. Mauer hits so manny balls to right center off that big ass wall that would be homers else where. If a righty hits an oppo jack, throw a parade.

Awesome stadium but horrible structure

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just googled top royals of all time....i got this list...

1. Brett
2. Appier
3. Amos otis
4. Saberhagen
5. Gubizca

Thats an all time list.......that my friends.....is PAAAAAAAATHETIC, with 8 A's.

Miggy
Prince
Jv
Max
Vmart
Tori

Thats just this years tigers team....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al cowens 34........joe randa 25........jhonny damon 22....

All played for the tigers and none would make the top 100 tigers of all time....joe randa? Really? Lol i remember al cowens for the tigers.....not too good.

Thought frank white or the quiz shoulda been in top 5. Appier was a flash in the pan.

Kc fans shouldnt talk..........its too easy to quiet them up.......all they can say is.....the tigers didnt win the WS......and oh yeah......WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. gotta be hard waking up everyday with one thing on your mind......gotta go hate on those tigers.....not root my royals on, BUT make sure and root against the tigers and do my best to hate on them.

Boy IF the tigers ever win the WS......Bum just might go throw himself in front of a tractor. Yeeeeeee hawwwwwww!!!!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem wasn't moving out of the dome. It was the way we built our stadium. Our franchise player is a opposite field power guy and we build a stadium that basically takes that out of play. Ball doesn't carry great and the demensions deep. Mauer hits so manny balls to right center off that big ass wall that would be homers else where. If a righty hits an oppo jack, throw a parade.

Who is your franchise player? If you are refering to Mauer as your opposite field power guy.. that is great.. if he is your power hitter.. you are not hitting many HR... maybe instead of building a park to fit a guy that barely can hit 10 hr a year... you should build it the way it is and get a hitter that can hit 30 hr no matter what... jess sayin...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but other central teams if not all the other al teams struggled in that dome.....i thought it was just the tigers that lost the ball in the roof or missed the grounders on that dam turf......but when i moved over here hawk harrelson complained about that dome more than he did umpires....then i watched as the sox lost balls in the dome.....the twins always had the gritty ball players who learned how to play in that damn place....it was a better homefield advantage than the wall in boston to me. You might only mess up off the monster a few times.....but the tigers messed up all the time in the dome. .....but i know when that dome closed, tigers fans rejoiced as did sox fans here in chicago.....playing in minny now is like playing in comerica. They look similar. Theres no huge advantage anymore.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your franchise player? If you are refering to Mauer as your opposite field power guy.. that is great.. if he is your power hitter.. you are not hitting many HR... maybe instead of building a park to fit a guy that barely can hit 10 hr a year... you should build it the way it is and get a hitter that can hit 30 hr no matter what... jess sayin...

I thought willingham was that guy.....drafted him as my 3rd OF this year.....so i guess i put the jinx on him. Hes been loooonnnnnng gone

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mauer is the franchise. I think that is clear. Him and everyone else were never "power guys". We could get guys into the 20s but never perennial.

First year at target field we still had a good lineup and won games without the long ball. All teams have struggled to hit homers at TF

Balls that are usually down in te gaps or off the wall are hanging up to be caught here. That's why it hurts guys like Mauer.

It's why he rakes at pretty much every AL east field.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Brett
2. Appier
3. Amos otis
4. Saberhagen
5. Gubizca

Thats an all time list.......that my friends.....is PAAAAAAAATHETIC, with 8 A's.

Miggy
Prince
Jv
Max
Vmart
Tori

Thats just this years tigers team....

The first four Royals were very good players. Appier was well on his way to Cooperstown until he hurt his shoulder in '98.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al cowens 34........joe randa 25........jhonny damon 22....

All played for the tigers and none would make the top 100 tigers of all time....joe randa? Really? Lol i remember al cowens for the tigers.....not too good.

Thought frank white or the quiz shoulda been in top 5. Appier was a flash in the pan.

Kc fans shouldnt talk..........its too easy to quiet them up.......all they can say is.....the tigers didnt win the WS......and oh yeah......WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR. gotta be hard waking up everyday with one thing on your mind......gotta go hate on those tigers.....not root my royals on, BUT make sure and root against the tigers and do my best to hate on them.

Boy IF the tigers ever win the WS......Bum just might go throw himself in front of a tractor. Yeeeeeee hawwwwwww!!!!!!!

Flash in the pan? From 90-97, the only pitchers that were better than him were Clemens and Maddux.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Brett
2. Appier
3. Amos otis
4. Saberhagen
5. Gubizca

How is Gubicza ahead of Quisenberry?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flash in the pan? From 90-97, the only pitchers that were better than him were Clemens and Maddux.

From 90-97?

This is AN ALL TIME TEAM

im sure no matter what i say, you will oppose it....thats what u seem to do.....troll on an al central board to piss off tiger fans...

All im saying is kc fans run their mouth....and i put out their all time players list since the subject of royals HOF came up..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats what i said.....the goob was a decent number 2 from what i remember, but quizz was a top reliever...i thought frank white would be top 5 also....think he was 6th.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure I'd put him ahead of Willie Wilson. Wilson wasn't a great hitter by any means, but a 94 OPS+ from CF isn't too bad. He was also a good defender and one of the greatest baserunners of all-time.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone is saying verlander sucks.....hes 12-10 with a 3.73

But appier was great between 90-97

91- 13-10 3.42
94- 7-6. 3.83
95- 15-10 3.89
96- 14-11. 3.62
97- 9-13. 3.40

I would hardly say those are great numbers....good, but not great.....if only 2 pitchers were better, i guess its because of the steroids there werent many good pitchers.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'd put him ahead of Willie Wilson. Wilson wasn't a great hitter by any means, but a 94 OPS+ from CF isn't too bad. He was also a good defender and one of the greatest baserunners of all-time.

In 16 years where he played in more than 100 games he only hit 300 or better 3 times.....i dont get into all those other weird stats....is a 94 good? I see ron leflore had a career 104 ops+. But i dont think he would be top 30 in the tigers.....i did like willie wilson tho......think he was rated 9