• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Cleves, your a regular Jimmy the Greek.....

Everyone knows Miggy will win MVP...unless Baltimore wins the world series...then Davis has a great shot.

Everyone knows Max is in the running for the Cy young...and its only down to 3 pitchers....way to go out on a limb again...

Tigers win AL Central....how many game lead by the end of Aug...and now your predicting it...again, your calling your shot as the ball is already in the air and everyone in the stadium knows its going out...

Iggy as ROY....obviously the most moronic statement of the bunch..he will be lucky to stay above .290 with little else for the rest of the regular season.

ATL, the team with the best record in the league, will win their current series....like they have almost against EVERYONE they have played.

Royals will finish with a losing record....the same as....Tigers will not win a World Series...the same odds...lol

Miggy won't win the triple crown...yeah tough prediction...been done once in 40 years...2 times in 2 seasons...should be an easy prediction before the season started...

your a gambler, I can tell by your ability to see into the future and how you take so much risks with your predictions....

Hey, I am going to predict some things...

The Sun will come up in the East in the morning.

It will rain when the clouds are dark grey to almost black.

Jerry Springer will go down in history being known for being a great attorney (yes, he does have a law degree)

The country's budget will never be balanced again.

its a tough job predicting but I see how much easier you make it....lol

Haha i guess you didnt see the sarcasm....since this is an al central thread i took shots at cleveland and kc.....keep bringing up tigers not winning the WS....at least they have a chance, unlike the shitty royals.....royals must of won tonight.....i see your back.....to bad they are so far out now eh? Bet you wish you guys still had will meyers...

Keep talking about the tigers not winning a WS, and we will talk about the royals keep missing the playoffs. Look how excited you got when KC swept detroit in a DH.....oh well, it was all for nuthin.....but hey....

WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander is done

Yup done....just like aroid......sure hes not having a great year....but i doubt hes done.....being a yankee fan, i bet you hope hes done.

Tigers lose and still take a game off the magic number. Thats what happens when the teams chasing you are cleveland and kansas chitty.......

Why did the kid with "jose fernandez" stuff only last 4 innings? I didnt see the game. He only gave up 2 runs.....hes on a pitch limit or sumthin?

Tigers entered the day up 5n a half and end the day up 5n a half....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But anyways....welcome back shan-0-mac....and the bum....i always miss the bum.....kc always loses and he vanishes.....he should be used to a bad season.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt jack clark get fired? Kinda makes you wonder

Yep, because him getting fired proves he was wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep cuz him getting fired proves he was wrong...

I would think.....because if he was right and really had proof why would he be fired.....you dont see people getting fired for saying aroid or braun use steroids...

Are the royals boards always that dead? I mean.....they signed carlos pena.....man, i bet they cant wait for next year. Maybe if kc wins a few more the fans will come back.

Funny how fans of teams out of it have nothing else to do then worry about the tigers. Notice when the tigers win nobody comes in here.....i figured there would be more JV haters in here tonight. I can put up with the salty alc fans coming in talking shit.....but the nerd herd gave me a headache earlier.

Morneau to the pirates?

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr hockey...how about your cy young pick king felix? his punk ass is getting slapped around. you still got your man crush on him?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey stat boys..

what if Trout was asked to move to 3rd base? think it would hurt his WAR?
think he would take his yearly last season slide a little earlier?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
verlander done?

in a rain soak humid night....he gave up 4 hits.

JV will be ready in the post season.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha i guess you didnt see the sarcasm....since this is an al central thread i took shots at cleveland and kc.....keep bringing up tigers not winning the WS....at least they have a chance, unlike the shitty royals.....royals must of won tonight.....i see your back.....to bad they are so far out now eh? Bet you wish you guys still had will meyers...

Keep talking about the tigers not winning a WS, and we will talk about the royals keep missing the playoffs. Look how excited you got when KC swept detroit in a DH.....oh well, it was all for nuthin.....but hey....

WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Actually been here as long as you have...:laugh3:

and the Tigers have been saying "wait til next year" about ummmmm...a year longer...:lol:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next year is here for us.
whens the royals next year 2024?

3 WS appearances in 8 years for the tiges. when was the last time the royals even made the play offs? the Brett years?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 WS appearances in 8 years for the tiges. when was the last time the royals even made the play offs? the Brett years?

lol...doug, your just so cute its hard to take you ever serious...so next year for Tigers fans is making the playoffs...lol...let me know when you actually win something...there is only 1 winner ever year and "wait til next year" you might get it then...

when is the last time the Tigers won it? the Trammell years?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so. last time was bretts 5th to last year he played. I think the last 5 years he played..royals started sucking then?

winning the AL championship is nuttin eh? you rather finish the royals usual 25 games back?
maybe you just don't know the excitement of being in a LCS.... let alone a WS

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO FUNNY. Royal fan saying tigers haven't won any thing.
1985..last time KC played in the post season.wow.
Brett stumbled on to 1993...his last 2 years of his great career are forgettable.

28 year drought. the sahara doesn't have that long of drought.
dude...your tiger hattin is just silly. red sox vs tigers in the ALCS.../I got the tigers marked down with a W in pen !

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
verlander done?

in a rain soak humid night....he gave up 4 hits.

4 hits doesn't worry me, but the 3 walks and constant 3-ball counts do. His control is still all over the place. He has 65 walks this year. He had only 60 all last year, and the most he's allowed since his crap 2008 season is 71.

At least his velocity was up from his last start vs. Minnesota. JV still blaming it on being "out of sync", which we've heard a lot after every bad start.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are a year away IMO.

If Hochevar would have been the real deal they might have contended this year. Plus I think trading for Shields will end up being a horrid move. Shields will gibe you 2-3 good years were the guys you gave up could be explosive for a long long time.

Glad the Tigers offer for Shields was turned down. Sanchez and Inglesias (Garcia). Garcia was offered for Shields.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a Royals fan talk trash on here? The last time they made the playoffs, Ronald Reagan was the president. Back to the Future was released in movie theatres and "We Are The World" was a popular song.

To hear a Royals fan mention "next year" to the Tigers is humorous, as they haven't even had a shot at advancing to a World Series, as they don't even make it to the playoffs.

Talk to me when "Careless Whisper" by Wham isn't the most popular song the last time you played in a postseason game.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are a year away IMO.

If Hochevar would have been the real deal they might have contended this year. Plus I think trading for Shields will end up being a horrid move. Shields will gibe you 2-3 good years were the guys you gave up could be explosive for a long long time.

Glad the Tigers offer for Shields was turned down. Sanchez and Inglesias (Garcia). Garcia was offered for Shields.

Yeah... you got one thing right... the Shields trade was crap for the Royals.. made almost no difference in the end result... not making the playoffs.

Here is where you are wrong though... they got 2 years of Shields not 2/3.. they will not retain him when his contract is up. If Dayton Moore was smart he would trade him this off season for younger pitching talent... the Royals ARE NOT 1 year away either... Santana is a free agent... he is most likely gone.. however I would love to see him resigned to a nice fat contracts because he has been in the league 8 years and his age 30 season has been hands above all his others... its because he is playing for a contract... when he gets it.. he will revert back to the 4.5 era+ guy he is. Guthrie is trash and will be worse next year... after Shields, Guthrie, and Santana... the Royals starters have been horrid... and that is what they will be trotting out there to replace Santana most likely.

Dayton Moore had a horseshoe up his ass when he traded for Santana... no way he pulls off a deal like that again this off season.. that being said... the Royals will regress back to where they were last year.. as they have no pitching that is better than most teams #3 other than Shields on next years roster anywhere to be found... nor do they have the ability to go get it. The future isnt that bright in KC... Hosmer is about to hit his Arb years and get paid... Fat Billy would be a nice piece on a contender.. but on a team like KC... he is a waste of money... Moustakas is a Brandon Inge clone... he may one day hit .270 with 25 hr... but 80% of his career will be spent below .230... He is not even an everyday starter at this point.. when he was supposed to be the next HOF talent from KC... Gordon has peaked.. as a .280 hitter.... with limited power... really.. other than Hosmer.. the Royals have nothing.. and Hosmer is nothing more than a decent player... Nothing to build a playoff team around...

Next year? Try about 10 years from now.. that is about how long the Royals go in between .500 seasons.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually been here as long as you have...:laugh3:

and the Tigers have been saying "wait til next year" about ummmmm...a year longer...:lol:

As long as me? I only seen you come in here once kc got hot in the 2nd half.......i was on the 1st page......not to mention on the same thread the last 3-4 years on cbs.....i dont recall any royals fans ever visiting over there either....usually tigers, twins, and injuns......and one sox fan.

Ive never said wait til next year......were usually still in the thick of things the last few years....kc has been saying wait for next year every year since they had all these SUPPOSEDLY prospects. Funny a fan of a team that cant make the playoffs keeps bringing up the tigers lack of winning the WS.....we all know if kc ever makes the playoffs again, there will be one big hillbilly party going on.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know the teams that NEVER make the playoffs have to resort to the "you didnt win it all" talk........but would roll over doing flips if their team ever made it to just one postseason again......just look how happy injun fans are just to still be alive.....and they have tasted playoffs lately.....kc? Thats like one of the worst franchises.........EVER!