• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at low payroll teams that win... none have an DH making money like Fat Billy Butler... they use the money on pitching.. Dayton Moore is an idiot.. and will keep Fat Billy around.. when he could be traded to a team for a young pitcher... but once again.. KC hires cheap execs like Moore because A) Nobody good wants to be an employee of the KC Royals B) Because David Glass doesn't want to pay top level scouts or execs.

Enjoy losing more than you win and not making the playoffs Royals fans... Its not ending anytime soon.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hits doesn't worry me, but the 3 walks and constant 3-ball counts do. His control is still all over the place. He has 65 walks this year. He had only 60 all last year, and the most he's allowed since his crap 2008 season is 71.

At least his velocity was up from his last start vs. Minnesota. JV still blaming it on being "out of sync", which we've heard a lot after every bad start.

All the foul balls piss me off...he gets 2 strikes then they foul off a bunch of pitches until they work a walk.

I guess winning the AL pennant is nothing....or the al central crown......i know the ultimate goal is the WS, but to act like thts not a great year is insane......how many al central titles do the royals have? Whens the last time they won the AL pennant? Shit only 1 al central team has a WS title in the last 20 years. But hey, if you enjoy losing......why would you even watch baseball if winning the WS is the only thing that matters? WE ALL KNEW KC WASNT WINNING IT THIS YEAR.....couldve saved yourself some time. They wont win this year, next year, the year after, 10 years....kc will NEVER win a WS again. But keep talking trash while your trashy team is a mile behind detroit....have fun rooting against us come october.......so much better when you can root for your own team......and not have to hope someone else can beat the team you hate.....since your team couldnt.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can a Royals fan talk trash on here? The last time they made the playoffs, Ronald Reagan was the president. Back to the Future was released in movie theatres and "We Are The World" was a popular song.

To hear a Royals fan mention "next year" to the Tigers is humorous, as they haven't even had a shot at advancing to a World Series, as they don't even make it to the playoffs.

Talk to me when "Careless Whisper" by Wham isn't the most popular song the last time you played in a postseason game.

Hahaha classic post!!!

Most kc fans still think its 1985......mullets and all..

I bet bum looks just like joe dirt

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins, White Sox, and Indians will see the playoffs... and sustained success way before the Royals will... isn't it funny how the Twins have sucked for what 2 years now and already have made their farm better than the Royals.... even though it was bare a few years ago and the Royals have been drafting top 10 every year for the last 2 and 1/2 decades.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers will still be good 3-4 more years at least......the twins will be the team that contends in the future.....if the sox make a few nice moves, since they WILL spend the money, they could contend.....but i see the injuns and swisher falling off.....and this will prolly be kc's best finish in the central for awhile.....injuns may contend one more year.....but in 2 years it will be detroit and minny for the alc crown. KC should just fold.....give up.....or......WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wish I could see that idiots posts.. but he is on ignore and I can just tell he is spewing his bs by you guys replies...

Fun Fact:

Vegas odds has a better chance of seeing a little green man from mars appear on earth than the Royals winning a WS ever again... I am serious.. look it up.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins, White Sox, and Indians will see the playoffs... and sustained success way before the Royals will... isn't it funny how the Twins have sucked for what 2 years now and already have made their farm better than the Royals.... even though it was bare a few years ago and the Royals have been drafting top 10 every year for the last 2 and 1/2 decades.

Yeah it took minny 2 years to rebuild their farm after years of being the divisions best.....you would think ALL those shitty years would build a good team. But not in kc. Once the players do get good....they get the fuck outta that shitty franchise.

Injuns had their run in the central....
Sox had theirs and won a WS.....
Twins had a great run as central champs....
Tigers are about to win their 3rd straight...not to mention a WC year that took em to the WS...

and then we got the royals.......waaaaaaaay down here....last time they made the playoffs, they were in the al west. 2 teams made the playoffs in the AL.....only had to win 2 series to be champs. I dont think they even know the modern rules of the playoffs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers will still be good 3-4 more years at least......the twins will be the team that contends in the future.....if the sox make a few nice moves, since they WILL spend the money, they could contend.....but i see the injuns and swisher falling off.....and this will prolly be kc's best finish in the central for awhile.....injuns may contend one more year.....but in 2 years it will be detroit and minny for the alc crown. KC should just fold.....give up.....or......WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

The scary thing for the other Al central teams is that if the Tigers can get a season or two more out of vmart and some other older guys.. the tigers won't have to trade away prospects and will have time to rebuild the farm depth to make another blockbuster trade. I don't see the Tigers going away anytime in the next 5 years...

Indians have a few interesting pieces in the minors that could end up being good... but their team's future will come down to the owner spending.. and not on guys like swisher who was just brought in to sell tickets being that he is a local idiot from OSU.

Twins will rebuild through the farm and will always be annoying and tough... if they can hit on more than one starting pitcher prospect... they may contend.

White Sox are the scariest of the teams... they will be down another year or two to restock young talent... but when they do restock.. they will spend.. and can match the Tigers dollar for dollar... They are the ones that will give the most issues in a few years...

KC has no scouting.. no payroll.. and no development.... they are meaningless in the division.... the cubs are better ran.. and will be in the playoffs way before the royals make it... royals are the worst franchise in pro sports... when just winning .500 is a goal... you know you suck. they need to move out of that crap city and move to a place that would actually fill a stadium and allow to increase payroll... maybe move them to mexico city, or Puerto Rico or something... Heck.. move them to Cuba and let there be a major league team in Havana.. more people would go to games there than KC by far.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wish I could see that idiots posts.. but he is on ignore and I can just tell he is spewing his bs by you guys replies...

Fun Fact:

Vegas odds has a better chance of seeing a little green man from mars appear on earth than the Royals winning a WS ever again... I am serious.. look it up.

Royals wouldnt even win a championship if you stuck them in AAA.....they would still lose. Its the kansas chitty way...

But watch out.....they got carlos pena....i guess hes gonna take over for hosmer when he leaves for the yanks.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it took minny 2 years to rebuild their farm after years of being the divisions best.....you would think ALL those shitty years would build a good team. But not in kc. Once the players do get good....they get the fuck outta that shitty franchise.

Injuns had their run in the central....
Sox had theirs and won a WS.....
Twins had a great run as central champs....
Tigers are about to win their 3rd straight...not to mention a WC year that took em to the WS...

and then we got the royals.......waaaaaaaay down here....last time they made the playoffs, they were in the al west. 2 teams made the playoffs in the AL.....only had to win 2 series to be champs. I dont think they even know the modern rules of the playoffs.

Common myth but not true... You can count all the good players that left KC after getting good in the last 20 years on two hands and that is because they haven't had more than 10 good players.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scary thing for the other Al central teams is that if the Tigers can get a season or two more out of vmart and some other older guys.. the tigers won't have to trade away prospects and will have time to rebuild the farm depth to make another blockbuster trade. I don't see the Tigers going away anytime in the next 5 years...

Indians have a few interesting pieces in the minors that could end up being good... but their team's future will come down to the owner spending.. and not on guys like swisher who was just brought in to sell tickets being that he is a local idiot from OSU.

Twins will rebuild through the farm and will always be annoying and tough... if they can hit on more than one starting pitcher prospect... they may contend.

White Sox are the scariest of the teams... they will be down another year or two to restock young talent... but when they do restock.. they will spend.. and can match the Tigers dollar for dollar... They are the ones that will give the most issues in a few years...

KC has no scouting.. no payroll.. and no development.... they are meaningless in the division.... the cubs are better ran.. and will be in the playoffs way before the royals make it... royals are the worst franchise in pro sports... when just winning .500 is a goal... you know you suck. they need to move out of that crap city and move to a place that would actually fill a stadium and allow to increase payroll... maybe move them to mexico city, or Puerto Rico or something... Heck.. move them to Cuba and let there be a major league team in Havana.. more people would go to games there than KC by far.

Yeah i think once vmart and tori are done that will free up some money.....and whatever we need, we will buy....if nicky c can handle left, that will help.....maybe a RF or 2B.....3B? Move miggy to DH. Gonna have alot of flexibility....but hell...we still got this year and next.....we dont have to wait for next year...this year is still here, unlike kc....they already checked out.....they just want to finish 500 or better.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common myth but not true... You can count all the good players that left KC after getting good in the last 20 years on two hands and that is because they haven't had more than 10 good players.

Well i was tryin to be nice...

Greinke, damon, beltran....butler should of gotten his fat ass out of town.....playing in kc is like not even playing mlb ball.....outside of kc most fans dont even know these guys.....and kc doesnt have many fans.

Just take a look at their boards.....dead dead dead.....sort of like ann arbor on a friday night:laugh3:......everyones in the dorm studying.....that was for u dougie.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the tigers can get a starter or two to develop out of the last draft or the next few... or trade Max for a few legit mlb ready young pitchers... They will maintain for quite sometime.... Unlike many idiots on this site... I am not worried about Prince or Miggy performing for the next 5 or more years.. I am more worried about the Tigers maintaining a legit deep starting rotation... Tigers need to hope Verlander can bounce back to at least being consistent... and they need Porcello to take a step forward next year too. They need to start to inject youth in to the rotation.. because they need only look at the Phillies to see what happens when you lock up a bunch of over 30 guys to long term contracts.... Verlander and Sanchez are locked in... don't do it with Max... move him for youth to a team trying to contend now... Keep the young talent coming especially if the Tigers shut up the hate and win it all this year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i think once vmart and tori are done that will free up some money.....and whatever we need, we will buy....if nicky c can handle left, that will help.....maybe a RF or 2B.....3B? Move miggy to DH. Gonna have alot of flexibility....but hell...we still got this year and next.....we dont have to wait for next year...this year is still here, unlike kc....they already checked out.....they just want to finish 500 or better.

Tigers actually have 3 guys that are legit prospects at 2nd base... Devon Travis is hitting .340 in Lakeland this year.. his first in full season ball... kid can hit. Perez is still just 21 and could be every bit as good as Omar Infante in a few years... and the kid Suarez is a ss prospect that could move to 2nd also... The tigers farm is not as bad as people say.. It produces mlb players.. just not many all stars. they need more starting pitching for sure... and they drafted a few guys with potential in the last 2 years... but all in all... the tigers have a few young guys that could come up and plug holes if needed... I would love to see them offer Peralta a qualifying offer and have him sign elsewhere and give the tigers an extra pick.. but I doubt it happens...

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that along the same lines as that one season Mauer actually hit power? Hmmmm....

Mauer roided for sure that year.. I think he got scared and stopped.. but that year he was juicing for certain... I bet bums life on it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the tigers can get a starter or two to develop out of the last draft or the next few... or trade Max for a few legit mlb ready young pitchers... They will maintain for quite sometime.... Unlike many idiots on this site... I am not worried about Prince or Miggy performing for the next 5 or more years.. I am more worried about the Tigers maintaining a legit deep starting rotation... Tigers need to hope Verlander can bounce back to at least being consistent... and they need Porcello to take a step forward next year too. They need to start to inject youth in to the rotation.. because they need only look at the Phillies to see what happens when you lock up a bunch of over 30 guys to long term contracts.... Verlander and Sanchez are locked in... don't do it with Max... move him for youth to a team trying to contend now... Keep the young talent coming especially if the Tigers shut up the hate and win it all this year.

Ive been a huge prince supporter.....everyone thinks hes going to break down....the guy plays everyday....at worst he will be a decent DH in 5-6 years....miggy is miggy.......i think they should flip max the wsy they did grandy....we all loved grandy, but the tigers werent gonna pay him....traded him away for cheaper younger players who happened to be max and ajax......great trade....i was pissed when it went down.....grandy and gibby are my 2 all time fav tigs. Now the tigs got iggy signed for what, 5 years? At a decent price.....that saves money compared to peralta. The team has a nice mix of youth and vets. If i was a kc fan, id hate the tigers too.....they went from a 120 loss team to a team that has been solid since 2006......kcs had over 25 years to try and just have ONE good year. Just one....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mauer roided for sure that year.. I think he got scared and stopped.. but that year he was juicing for certain... I bet bums life on it.

Thats like betting a piece of bazooka bubble gum......even tho the bubble gum is worth more thanks to the comic. It also helped playing in that lil dome too. God i hated that place. That was minnys 2nd biggest mistake.....the first being joes contract..but they should of built another dome and kept that advantage.....i know the sox and harrelson hated tht place too....i think the whole central did......well except kc......they dont win anywhere anyways. Their team would have problems hitting it out of a little league field. Power hitters and kc? Just dont go with each other......steve bye bye balboni......one of kc's greatest lol

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats like betting a piece of bazooka bubble gum......even tho the bubble gum is worth more thanks to the comic. It also helped playing in that lil dome too. God i hated that place. That was minnys 2nd biggest mistake.....the first being joes contract..but they should of built another dome and kept that advantage.....i know the sox and harrelson hated tht place too....i think the whole central did......well except kc......they dont win anywhere anyways. Their team would have problems hitting it out of a little league field. Power hitters and kc? Just dont go with each other......steve bye bye balboni......one of kc's greatest lol

You forgot roider Jose Guillen...

Ask shit breath bums about how Carlos Beltran is going to be a HOF... Royals fans lay claim to these guys that played most of their career in other cities.. because no HOF worthy player finishes their career in KC anymore. That being said... If Beltran makes it into the hall... I will drink a gallon of Fat Billy's BBQ sauce.