• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've noticed that Giambi, Swisher, Stubbs and Raburn were additions to the Injuns rosters this year right!?! Plus Mark Reynolds? Everybody usually hates the best team, it's just natural. But if you want to give me the credit for it, I won't try and stop you.

But hey.....they got cy young guy ubaldo..

ALL HAIL UBALDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried telling shane-0 back in may, slow down with his parade preparations. Im just glad they fell in love with raturd......always feels good when someone else needs and likes your left over shits.

Reynolds? Lol. Injun fans were loving him back in april and may. Then they loved the raturd for a month or so....every turd has a few bright moments. But in MLB you gotta be consistent.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those April championship parades draw about as well as a July weekend game in Cleveland.

They have been pretty popular parades online the last 3 years.....they really know how to celebrate in April. I like when people like iffy would say, what does last year have to do with this year......i say alot if you dont improve your team....

Tigs got sanchez and infante for a full year....added tori.....got rid of valverde and raturd....while the injuns ignored pitching....and if you look.....the injuns are just a lil bit better than last year....i guess since they gave swisher franchise superstar money to produce like a 7-8 hitter. New year.....looking like the same results.

The sox and twins scare me more than the royals and injuns going forward....injuns are tied to swisher and pitching is suspect....the royals? Well they ARE the royals....if anyone gets good, they will leave....the sox will spend if they want and the twins have good prospects. Just glad no other central teams understand to invest in great starting pitching like the tigers. Sox are probably the closest to understanding that. They could be good in the future.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins won't be down long. (They never are, but they have to spend some cash on a little pitching, IMO) Doubt the Sox are either. (I dont know how they are this bad. other than the little league mistakes they make, constantly. im a big fan if their pitching though) And those Royals.... Whefff look out NEXT year! (Or maybe it's the year after next?).

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers sweep the amazing Mets. Mets gor 4 runs in 3 games off Tiger pitching.
Ricky P gets the win. nice job for the best 5th starter in baseball.
Ricky has 10 wins. every year he has double digit win.not bad for this 24 year old.

every tiger starter has double digit wins..
tigers....best record in MLB since July 2

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miggy...wow. whata bomb he hit in the first inning.
with his multi hit game today..he raised his average to over .360

nice to see Dirks hitting. we need that production from LF.

Indians win also. good thing the As have to come to Detriot...this will help the tribe in the WC race

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must of been a NASCAR race today....the royals win, and still no bum to be seen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers sweep the amazing Mets. Mets gor 4 runs in 3 games off Tiger pitching.
Ricky P gets the win. nice job for the best 5th starter in baseball.
Ricky has 10 wins. every year he has double digit win.not bad for this 24 year old.

every tiger starter has double digit wins..
tigers....best record in MLB since July 2

Nothing but the truth from Doug right there.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the fact that the Tigers have all five starters with 10+ wins on August 25 is pretty special. Speaks not only to the depth of the rotation and the hitting support, but to this staff's durability. Most teams have probably used 9 or 10 starters this season. The Tigers have only used 6.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the fact that the Tigers have all five starters with 10+ wins on August 25 is pretty special. Speaks not only to the depth of the rotation and the hitting support, but to this staff's durability. Most teams have probably used 9 or 10 starters this season. The Tigers have only used 6.

Yeah but all the tiger haters will say wins for a pitcher means nothing.....even though they have to at least go 5 innings and leave with the lead.....miggy is a beast, but this team is nowhere without the year the pitchers are having. 1-5 very solid.

Last year people tried their best to argue for trouts WAR vs miggys triple crown.....now this year, people are doing their best to discredit max's year

Miggy MVP
max cy young
Iggy AL ROY
DD GM of the year
Tigers world series champs

Now thats one helluva season if that happens...like a season you would have on the PS3.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can ignore WAR and still come to the conclusion Trout may have been better last year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah trout had a great year no doubt but im sorry triple crown? Not even close. Miggy per usual carrying the team on his back, and damn you must be a special player to carry a team with two cy young winners in three years on your back. Yeah max will take the cy this year. Miggy will go down as greatest hitter all time. Its good to be a tiges fan.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout was better at stealing bases cleaves.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy deserved the MVP...reason...Triple Crown...and 2012 is over....Miggy CURRENTLY deserves the MVP again...hands down...Trout will get it at current paces...maybe one of the youngest to ever get it still...even if he gets it in 14 or 15...next topic..

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The triple crown is a nice feat and Miggy deserves praise for doing it, but I don't think it should be of much significance in regard to MVP. And I think it tends to overshadow Miggy's previous seasons which were better (offensively at least).

Trout did have a slight advantage in OBP, but Miggy outslugged him by 42 points. However, as OPS+ and wRC+ show, Trout played in a ballpark that was less favorable for batters than Miggy does.

As for baserunning, Trout led the AL with 49 stolen bases and was caught only 5 times. Miggy led the AL with 28 GIDP.

As for defense, Miggy's considered a below average defender by most metrics and the eye test. Trout rated as a well above average defender last year by most metrics and made plenty of sexy highlights. Trout was 7th among outfielders in UZR (13.3). Miggy had the 2nd lowest UZR among 3B (-9.7).

I think Trout had a better year, but I don't think the gap was nearly as big as both WAR stats suggest. Regardless, they both had amazing years.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah trout had a great year no doubt but im sorry triple crown? Not even close. Miggy per usual carrying the team on his back, and damn you must be a special player to carry a team with two cy young winners in three years on your back. Yeah max will take the cy this year. Miggy will go down as greatest hitter all time. Its good to be a tiges fan.

Is there anything about this post that doesn't scream 'I'm a homer?'

In baseball, 1 player likely isn't carrying a team, and saying that Cabrera carried the Tigers last year is an insult to someone like Fielder, who had an excellent season last year.

And greatest hitter ever? Oh jeez.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything about this post that doesn't scream 'I'm a homer?'

In baseball, 1 player likely isn't carrying a team, and saying that Cabrera carried the Tigers last year is an insult to someone like Fielder, who had an excellent season last year.

And greatest hitter ever? Oh jeez.

Miggy did carry the tigers. Homer? Miggy DID win the MVP right? The tiger fans didnt vote him that.

Best RH hitter probably....hes the best hitter i ever seen play. Sound a lil jealous there.....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy did carry the tigers. Homer? Miggy DID win the MVP right? The tiger fans didnt vote him that.

Best RH hitter probably....hes the best hitter i ever seen play. Sound a lil jealous there.....

Lol no. And he wasn't better than Bonds.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The triple crown is a nice feat and Miggy deserves praise for doing it, but I don't think it should be of much significance in regard to MVP. And I think it tends to overshadow Miggy's previous seasons which were better (offensively at least).

Trout did have a slight advantage in OBP, but Miggy outslugged him by 42 points. However, as OPS+ and wRC+ show, Trout played in a ballpark that was less favorable for batters than Miggy does.

As for baserunning, Trout led the AL with 49 stolen bases and was caught only 5 times. Miggy led the AL with 28 GIDP.

As for defense, Miggy's considered a below average defender by most metrics and the eye test. Trout rated as a well above average defender last year by most metrics and made plenty of sexy highlights. Trout was 7th among outfielders in UZR (13.3). Miggy had the 2nd lowest UZR among 3B (-9.7).

I think Trout had a better year, but I don't think the gap was nearly as big as both WAR stats suggest. Regardless, they both had amazing years.

And not only that, Trout played in a much tougher division for a hitter, and even the most homerish of Tigers fans on here won't deny that.

The AL Central in 2013 was home to the 2 worst pitching staffs in the entire AL, and 3 of the worst 5. The AL West on the other hand didn't have a single below average staff (every ALW staff had a better ERA, WHIP and OPS against than the AL average). All 3 of the Angels' competitors in the ALW last year had a better pitching staff than the best opposing staff that the Tigers had in the ALC.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players win MVPs in baseball without 'carrying' the team.

Sorry, but this isn't the NBA where 1 player can dominate the whole game the entire season

It was 100% Cabrera last year...Verlander was not a big factor and neither was Prince...that sounds asinine, no?

And I'm not even going begin to comment on your 'best RH hitter of all time comment' or 'best hitter I've ever seen,' other than saying baseball does exist outside of Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator: