• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, here's one for you. I posted it elsewhere, and I do believe it :

The entire A.L. is mediocre, with the exception of the Tigers. And the entire N.L. is mediocre. Period.

Even as a Dodger fan, I hate to say that the only team stacked with pitching AND offense, is Detroit.

Still, any team who makes the playoffs can still win the whole thing...

I agree 100%......any team that makes the playoffs, only needs to get hot for a few series and they will be champs. Having great starters helps alot.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander, still looking like a .500 pitcher on a winning ball club....something is wrong with his arm or he has...."comfortitise"....a disease that strikes any professional sports player who signs a big contract...symptoms are....lack of focus...not concerned with team play or outcome...comfortable...tends to say "there is life after.....ie.. baseball (fill in sport)".......lack of heart...(well with Verlander's postseason/world series numbers, there was that already noticable of that symptom)....can anyone say....Kevin Brown...Mike Hampton....the list can add another one soon.

maybe it was just Minny's offense is too good...it wasn't the A's lineup...

no need to go after Rondon...he is just on the list of many relievers for Detroit...how long before Smyly starts to show kinks....when the pressure is turned up?

Youre comparing verlander to kevin brown and mike hampton?:laugh3:

Only a kc fan.......stick to NASCAR

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crap...didn't mean to go back to Detroit getto on everyone.....that would be...

No, he should not have said that towards Douglas. I ask that you respect Douglas and his opinions and there shall be no more of this kind of talk towards Douglas. Thank you so very kindly.

Are the royals going to at least finish 500?

Its ghetto, not getto......i know, probably hick talk.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His speed isn't frustrating. Not when he's had teammates like Jhonny Peralta and Alex Avila since he came to the Tigers. I understand where you're coming from. But in Detroit, there's basically no emphasis on team speed whatsoever. You guys have outfielders that can run, always. Our worst baserunner is probably the fastest man on the roster. Hell, we had Sean Casey and Aubrey Huff not that long ago... VMart is a burner compared to some of the lead feet we've had to watch.

Tigers are like a beer league softball team.....station to station waiting for the big one.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 games to go, up by 5........even if the tigers play 500 ball, the injuns are going to have to play around 10 games over 500 the rest of the way........luckily for the injuns the tigers play a bunch of below average teams.....thats when detroit gets lazy it seems....but when a huge series comes around, they pull it out....3 more with the injuns, who we have owned....if only they could of beaten detroit 3-4 more times.

As for the royals? Bwahahahahaha......WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR......swept by the sox? The white sox? They dont have peavy or rios anymore......and their fans were just starting to show up in here......oh well i guess they can keep coming in here to tell us whats wrong with JV or how detroit is "getto" or how detroit cant produce prospects, or how about how they are in first place with 35 games to go.....not intended for moose tho...hes cool.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always! Every time we have a guy go first to third, or lay down a bunt I have to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming.

Yeah we dont see first to third much, unless its ajax or tori......iggys above average speed is a blessing....love watching that kid field too....he makes tough plays look easy.

Seems like the tigers play hit better vs the power pitchers and sometimes struggle vs the meatballers.....with power pitchers we strike out more, so less DP's....plus they see more pitches....when theres meatballers out there, they are drooling for a meatball and swing early.....causing flyballs or DP's......they dont work the count in their favor....they hit long fly ball outs or shots right at someone...it all averages out though....i like vmart batting 5th instead of delmon young tho.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers win. miggy hits another 3 run bomb..

Indians lose.. nice base running by bourne. fast but not smart.

kc lost... its all good

good match up tomorrow. cy max scherzer young vs Harvey.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good jobs by the twins.

speaking of twins. I just picked up cudyer last week.in my fantasy. to bad twins lost him. guy can hit.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like that imprssive win over the patriots has some people worried.

Stafford looks to lead lions past the pack this year. win the NFC north. think the lions will fans in from north east Minnesota...they are ready for a winner..just saying

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Cleaves2000 View Post
Tigers are like a beer league softball team.....station to station waiting for the big one.
Always! Every time we have a guy go first to third, or lay down a bunt I have to pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming.

LMAO -- I just used this same example talking with my buddy last night. Even when Detroit does have speed, they do bother really trying to steal bases, as they have the big bats in the middle and don't want to chance getting thrown out.

I actually really like the addition of Iglesias -- he isn't going to give you the power or RBI numbers that Peralta will, but he has a knack for getting on base and I really love his glove at SS. While I hated to see Garcia go, Iglesias should be the Tigers SS for many years to come.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Tigers going into coasting mode and only showing up to play the royals and Indians. They tend to do this IMO.

Although the Sept call ups will help give Miggy time off. I think of all the teams in the Central the call ups help Detroit the most as it gets another OF on the roster as well as giving Miggy, Infante, and Fielder more days off. Fielder to help with his personal life issues.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game on the mound by Scherzer today -- 6 innings, 11 k's and 0 runs. Outpitched Matt Harvey of the Mets in the 1st ever matchup of all star game starting pitchers in a regular season game.

I was waiting for the Tigers to give the game away though -- Wasted SOOOOO many chances. 13 hits off Harvey in 6 2/3 and only 2 runs to show for it. A win is a win though, so the Tigers will take them anyway they can get them.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah besides jls bullpen flaws i think the biggest weakness is men being LOB.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason football doesnt matter...jus sayin

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win tonight, 2.5 behind Oakland in WC race

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the lions will fans in from north east Minnesota...they are ready for a winner..just saying

I agree but why look to even more of a loser than the Vikings for said winner?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

Need this last one vs Minny

Then on to ATL and DET