• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with Hicks? Is he still high on the list of "prospects"? Or are those other kids over him now? If I remember right, you guys often start your big arms out in the bullpen right? Seems like Santana was a reliever... Idk

Man, I don't what is up with Hicks. His problem is he gets his pitch and fouls it off too much. Then K's on the junk. Good defense on his bunts and some hard hit balls for outs and his confidence was shot. Now he's hurt and struggling at AAA.

His defense is gold glove and then some so he will still have his shot but hes gotta figure it out. Has the speed and is actually a solid bunter so theres hope. Very inconsistent from left side which is obviously the side with more AB's. Sano, Buxton and Arcia are all over him and Rosario probably isn't far off.

We do start guys in the pen a lot but I havnt heard many real plans of converting Tonkin at some point. We are very set in the pen. Id like to see a guy of his size and velocity in the rotation. May is another struggling a bit(Revere Trade) who is being projected as a reliever in the long run, starting right now.

Best bet is Dozier keeps getting better at the dish with his average(amazing glove and good power) and Rosario figures out 2B(already a great hitter, but new position). Then we trade one of those for pitching.

Hicks may become a usable piece too. Sadly Parmelee has destroyed his value. Same with Plouffe.

Need to get creative to find the arms. I'd love to take a gamble on Lincecum but wont happen.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Morneau will be back too. Idk how I feel. By the time we are potentially good(2015 or 2016) he will be basically worthless.

Dont get why the O's Pirates etc.. don't take a flyer. Try and get an arm out of the deal.

Then give the old man Colabello a legit shot or see what egg head parmelee can do with a gig that is all his.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey cleaves, i'm willing to stop whenever you are... Not really a whole lot a fun and it gets us away from talking about sports... i'll promise not top bring up the lady gophers hockey team again if you quit bashing the shit out of people when they don't admit the Tigers are the greatest thing since beer...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could really help a couple of teams. If you could deal him for a small piece or two, and get him back anyway, that could help you guys out. A Twins team without JM would be like a Sox team without Konerko. Just wouldn't seem right.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't what is up with Hicks. His problem is he gets his pitch and fouls it off too much. Then K's on the junk. Good defense on his bunts and some hard hit balls for outs and his confidence was shot. Now he's hurt and struggling at AAA.

His defense is gold glove and then some so he will still have his shot but hes gotta figure it out. Has the speed and is actually a solid bunter so theres hope. Very inconsistent from left side which is obviously the side with more AB's. Sano, Buxton and Arcia are all over him and Rosario probably isn't far off.

We do start guys in the pen a lot but I havnt heard many real plans of converting Tonkin at some point. We are very set in the pen. Id like to see a guy of his size and velocity in the rotation. May is another struggling a bit(Revere Trade) who is being projected as a reliever in the long run, starting right now.

Best bet is Dozier keeps getting better at the dish with his average(amazing glove and good power) and Rosario figures out 2B(already a great hitter, but new position). Then we trade one of those for pitching.

Hicks may become a usable piece too. Sadly Parmelee has destroyed his value. Same with Plouffe.

Need to get creative to find the arms. I'd love to take a gamble on Lincecum but wont happen.

All three of those big name prospects are OFers? I thought Hicks looked great when I watched him earlier in the year. But I always like your outfielders. They always can run. (Damn you Clete!!! Nice grab you dirty stinkin former favorite tigers reserve ) I'd have to assume some youngster is going to move on for pitching.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three of those big name prospects are OFers? I thought Hicks looked great when I watched him earlier in the year. But I always like your outfielders. They always can run. (Damn you Clete!!! Nice grab you dirty stinkin former favorite tigers reserve ) I'd have to assume some youngster is going to move on for pitching.

Sano is 3B. Buxton is CF and Arcia can play them all but prefers RF.

So Hicks or Buxton(probably hicks) would have to move to LF. Or hicks moves for pitching.

Rosario was moved from OF to 2B because of how loaded we are. Him or dozier could go for pitching.

Parmelee another 1B/OF so he could move to if his head ever gets outta his ass.

We got options. We traded Drew Butera and actually got a legit pitching prospect back, I was floored.

Really hate Clete. Don't see the point of a29 year old journeyman on a completly rebuilding team. His lack of CF speed created a nice diving grab though!! Hicks is probably camped under that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha I remember you hating Thomas several years ago. He started on Opening Day for us one year when Curtis was ailing against the Royals. I've liked him ever since. Shit Miggys up with a chance to tie it in the ninth.... I gotta hold my thoughts on Parmelee for a minute.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely Tigs won't see Miguel for some time, the way he was wincing after every swing in that last AB against Perkins.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we closed it out. Power against power there in the end. You can tell Miggy is really in pain though.

Our good bullpen was able to do just enough. Man the Tigers know how to make a threat though.

Really thought Miggy was gonna go yard to be honest lol. Perk threw him an extremely rare backdoor breaking ball to get ahead. It was nice.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its funny....outside of the al central smack board or tigers board i didnt talk to many on cbs....so i cant see where im arguing even with people there....

Hell i didnt even know ONE royals fan until moose came in.....

Just the opposite here. I knew hundreds of folks on cBS from baseball, football glogs, fantasy games & sports & OT threads. & of course being their since early 07 didnt hurt

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha I remember you hating Thomas several years ago. He started on Opening Day for us one year when Curtis was ailing against the Royals. I've liked him ever since. Shit Miggys up with a chance to tie it in the ninth.... I gotta hold my thoughts on Parmelee for a minute.

Yeah, I mean the guy could be alright as a bench player if a team needed some depth but I just don't see the point in a guy like him for us.

I was really pissed off when Arcia was in the minors and he was up playing everyday. I just see more value in playing Arcia, Hicks and Parm rather than forcing Clete into CF and Hermann into RF and a 3rd catcher...we don't need 3. I don't even like Doumit lol.

Now granted Colabello is 29(but major power and hasn't had his chance) but hes in the minors again while we go 3rd catcher Hermann and Clete whose had years of chances.

Not a smartly run ball club.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean the guy could be alright as a bench player if a team needed some depth but I just don't see the point in a guy like him for us.

I was really pissed off when Arcia was in the minors and he was up playing everyday. I just see more value in playing Arcia, Hicks and Parm rather than forcing Clete into CF and Hermann into RF and a 3rd catcher...we don't need 3. I don't even like Doumit lol.

Now granted Colabello is 29(but major power and hasn't had his chance) but hes in the minors again while we go 3rd catcher Hermann and Clete whose had years of chances.

Not a smartly run ball club.
Yeah, I don't see Clete or Ramirez(he stayed with some of my family while he played in GR)ever being starter worthy guys. I'd take Clete as a lefty ofer off the bench. His glove was always solid. Not a speed guy like the Twins typically have. Ramirez was fast, but he looks to have beefed up a lot since he moved on. He struck out like a mad man in our system. Not sure if that's still the case. How long before we see Sano? September?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see Clete or Ramirez(he stayed with some of my family while he played in GR)ever being starter worthy guys. I'd take Clete as a lefty ofer off the bench. His glove was always solid. Not a speed guy like the Twins typically have. Ramirez was fast, but he looks to have beefed up a lot since he moved on. He struck out like a mad man in our system. Not sure if that's still the case. How long before we see Sano? September?

Sano is a tough case. Started a little slow in AA but now is back to absolutely mashing down there so theres little left to prove. Problem is the way the Twins usually baby guys. Arcia rose up pretty quick but hes a rare exception. Hopefully Sano and Buxtons talent make it the case too.

I saw an article laying out the "fast route" and "conservative route". The fast one had him coming up this september(after trading the gremlin to KC Plouffe is our only 3B) and getting some PT. Then being handed the reigns next year.

Conservative has him not being called up except to possibly get the small bench experience and then be given a ST shot. Most likely start in minors and come up by summer when its realized Plouffe still blows.

September still seems like a dream but either way he will play a solid amount next year. Start 2015(unless we are actually trying to lose) and Buxton will hopefully be ready opening day 15' as well.

As Doug would say I'm giddy for Sano. Been my dream for us to have a legit power guy.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just googling the guys name there are loads of articles saying we should promote him.

But of course Curly Ryan doesnt want to add him or Rosario. Enjoys losing I think.

AA squad is out of playoff hunt, bring them up!!! Excite the fans!!

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twins win!! holy cow... nosfer must be so proud..

our 5th starter who every ones says is no good took the loss.
Coke didn't help. but Leyland still loves him some Phil COKIE.

Miggy will play. he will play hurt. trout..not so much.misses his 2nd game.
I think trout doesn't have the HEART to play hurt

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleves...I didn't get to ask you...

when you were back in the home land..the great state of Michigan..
did you make the homage to the Big House?????
did you kneel down and weep at the home of the champions????

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleves...I didn't get to ask you...

when you were back in the home land..the great state of Michigan..
did you make the homage to the Big House?????
did you kneel down and weep at the home of the champions????

Lol