• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, when the Tigers were bad they were not waiting for the type of prospects the Twins have to pan out though.

We have at least 3 guys we can build around already.

Now it's just the pitching situation.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers were bad in the past. That was eight years ago. Dave turned this train around and they continue to get better.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, when the Tigers were bad they were not waiting for the type of prospects the Twins have to pan out though.

We had top picks who were sposed to be good...i always remember justin thompson....seth greisenger.....or when sparky said chris pittaro was the next trammell....same with torey lovullo......cameron maybin......andrew miller......tony clark........milt cuyler....matt anderson.......raul cassanova......

They are still prospects.....until they get in the majors and PROVE they can do it......i could care less....just like nick c for the tigers....until he shows he can hit in the big leagues, im not sold. No prospect is guaranteed to be a star.....thats why i dont mind tigers trading prospects.....still need great pitching. I was told hosmer and moustakis were gonna be great....their ok but nothing great. You could make a long list of great prospect busts.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers were bad in the past. That was eight years ago. Dave turned this train around and they continue to get better.

DD turned the tigers around....drafting live arms....drafting players ready to play, not out of high school....signing great free agents instead of randy smith and his love for signing brad ausmus, twice! And not scared to deal prospects for proven talent. As long as DD is there, the tigers will be a team to deal with.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had top picks who were sposed to be good...i always remember justin thompson....seth greisenger.....or when sparky said chris pittaro was the next trammell....same with torey lovullo......cameron maybin......andrew miller......tony clark........milt cuyler....matt anderson.......raul cassanova......

They are still prospects.....until they get in the majors and PROVE they can do it......i could care less....just like nick c for the tigers....until he shows he can hit in the big leagues, im not sold. No prospect is guaranteed to be a star.....thats why i dont mind tigers trading prospects.....still need great pitching. I was told hosmer and moustakis were gonna be great....their ok but nothing great. You could make a long list of great prospect busts.

Buxton and Sano are developing at rapid paces though and the Tigers didn't have guys like them. Sure, they may not pan out. But they are well worth waiting for especially since they may arrive by next year...or Sano this september if something really crazy happens.

Arcia is the 3rd one and even with the very high K rate. He is putting up slugging numbers very few do at his age and joining elite company in twins history with mauer, hrbek and bruno.

Just saying, that we do have reason to look to the future.

Of course, you wont see Arcia tonight. Gardy decides to sit him against Porcellos meatballs. What a clown.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just funny you say you dont like the tigers because of fans, YET you like the red sox.....they have the WORST fans by far in mlb....i used to root for them to beat the yanks....now that they finally won, they are the worst fans.

You said it about Boston, & same goes for the Tigs - they finally won, now theyre the worst fans. Along the road through the playoffs you'll see for yourself how hated Detroit is...hundreds on the glogs all rooting for the other team...& its all because of the Det fanbase. Most Tigs fans seem to lack that 'how to get along with other fanbases' gene...

As for me & the RedSox - Ive been buds with their fans for a lot of yrs now. We root for them, they root for us. Kind of a mutual admiration society. We have jokes like "if we shook both teams up in bag & let em out we'd have a team that nobody could beat." We got fantasy teams like BoCleve TribeSox. Actually the groups much more extended than that - Rangers, Royals, O's, Rays, even some of the cooler Yanks fans. We all knock around together on the boards - & if anybody shits on any of us, they got the whole group to deal with

Best thing you guys could do would be develop a little humility, respect & perspective. Things could blow apart tomorrow. Nothings a given. When the shit hits the fan its nice to have friends

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha shano mac returns........how was that parade in may working out? Another year, another injun collapse.....will finish 3rd only cuz the sox and twins are bad.

3rd?? If you have more faith in KC than Cleveland, you really are delusional.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just look at how much shane-o posted on here AND on the tigers boards WHEN the injuns were winning.....did u never meet quest? He will make anyone hate the twins.......being from cbs, did u never see gnrsox and his crap about the whitesox? Look at dabum and bannister....just got on here when kc swept detroit friday...had alot of posts talking trash....

So you are saying it's ok to be a complete fucking moron because others were?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way back when the Tigers were horrible, they had three pieces to build around too. One is starting at second, (Omar)the other might pinch run for Miggy (Ramon)and stay in at third late tonight and Bondo might pitch the seventh. The part I've liked about the rest of the prospects since then is they have been dealt for legitimate Major League talent. Or the pick used to draft them was given up to sign other legitimate major league talent. (Paragraph). You guys have always drafted and brought up young guys. But there will have to be some FA guys brought in, or it's not going to be soon that Minny can compete. Not to be the arrogant dick or anything. But that pitching staff can't be solved with home grown arms alone. Atleast from my angle looking in at the staff.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that pitching staff can't be solved with home grown arms alone.

Couldn't agree more, problem is the Twins front office sees people like Correia as a player than can get us to where we wanna be.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Egh. That's a scary thought. Something popped in my head earlier Nos. who'd you guys take with the pick you got for Torii when he went to the Angels?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Shooter Hunt, RHP from Tulane, he had a bit of a control problem, I think he's baggin' groceries at the Pathmark in Ozone park.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying it's ok to be a complete fucking moron because others were?

NO? I was saying every fan base has idiot fans ON THE INTERNET!

Where did i say in that its ok to be a moron.....sometimes i wonder ....do you even read the posts or are you soooo anxious to bash anything tiger related, you dont stop comprehend, then post.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO? I was saying every fan base has idiot fans ON THE INTERNET!

Where did i say in that its ok to be a moron.....sometimes i wonder ....do you even read the posts or are you soooo anxious to bash anything tiger related, you dont stop comprehend, then post.

Funny thing is I get along just fine with smitty. What I also find funny is the people you named that were dipshits from other fanbases are fans that argued with everyone about their teams, just like you and Vice. hmmmm you are right every fan base has it's dumbass fans...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it about Boston, & same goes for the Tigs - they finally won, now theyre the worst fans. Along the road through the playoffs you'll see for yourself how hated Detroit is...hundreds on the glogs all rooting for the other team...& its all because of the Det fanbase. Most Tigs fans seem to lack that 'how to get along with other fanbases' gene...

As for me & the RedSox - Ive been buds with their fans for a lot of yrs now. We root for them, they root for us. Kind of a mutual admiration society. We have jokes like "if we shook both teams up in bag & let em out we'd have a team that nobody could beat." We got fantasy teams like BoCleve TribeSox. Actually the groups much more extended than that - Rangers, Royals, O's, Rays, even some of the cooler Yanks fans. We all knock around together on the boards - & if anybody shits on any of us, they got the whole group to deal with

Best thing you guys could do would be develop a little humility, respect & perspective. Things could blow apart tomorrow. Nothings a given. When the shit hits the fan its nice to have friends

You guys? Humility? Ahahaha....have you ever been to comerica? Detroit has great fans....ive been to boston....seen bears fans.....witnessed philly fans on tv and all the talk about them.....youre talking about a handful of people you have came to dislike ONLINE!! But it is what it is......keep living in cyber world.....but before i gon online and on these boards and til this day i NEVER meet fans that hate the tigers.....i live in chicago and sox fans dont hate us unless were playing them. Most sox fans still hate the yanks or cubs...most cubs fans hate the sox or cardinals. I was just at the kane county game last night wearing my tiger hat and shirt...they looked at me and my son and were like, tigers???.had a few fans and a worker say they hope we win it all...but miggy did play there a year...with adrian gonzalez.

Some people need to get out of cyber world sometimes.....theres a real world out there, not filled with screenames and avatars. I root for whoever is closest to the tigers to lose.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooter Hunt eh? Well, that wasn't what I was expecting. Hahaha. I wasn't expecting to see Wilkin Ramirez and Clete Thomas starting next to each other in 2013 either. Weird transition phase going on...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I get along just fine with smitty. What I also find funny is the people you named that were dipshits from other fanbases are fans that argued with everyone about their teams, just like you and Vice. hmmmm you are right every fan base has it's dumbass fans...

I argue with YOU....captain AND shane.....hmm.......lets see.....look way back and see shanes first posts....nothing but trolling.....when indians were hot, he trolled tigers board......captain i dont really have anything against....just smack talk....he let the creepy tiger resident almost brainwash him, i think captain was the one guy that stuck up for iffy when hammer asked about him.....but besides that its always been injuns tiger talk between me and captain.

I would like to know whoelse i argue with.....i thought me and hockey have our debates.....but ive always respected his opinions...worst i can say is WE TALK SMACKTALK.....on a SMACKTALK thread.

Hell i talk shit to dougie about michigan......so stop pouting like a lil crybaby bitch....and man up....if im a dumbass fan put me on ignore if its making your blood pressure get so high.....sorry i guess college womens hockey fans are missing a set of balls!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its funny....outside of the al central smack board or tigers board i didnt talk to many on cbs....so i cant see where im arguing even with people there....

Hell i didnt even know ONE royals fan until moose came in.....