• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL championships... yes.. they have... they have been to 3 of the last 7.. and won 2 of them.
How many World Series Championships? I mean that's what it's about no?

Yeah the talent in Detroit is far better than that of any other team in the Central but you are assuming nobody gets hurt, nobody regresses. You also mention the Tigers will be able to stock the farm club, assuming again they hit on their picks and nobody else in the central will, the Twins have a top 5 farm system right now and could continue to add to it, alot can change in a hurry, when Sano and Buxton get to the big club maybe the Twins rotation is better then all of a sudden the Tigers core is in their 30's and the Twins are ready to assume control of the division, not saying it will happen but it could just as easily as the Tigers continuing their current dominance...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many World Series Championships? I mean that's what it's about no?

Yeah the talent in Detroit is far better than that of any other team in the Central but you are assuming nobody gets hurt, nobody regresses. You also mention the Tigers will be able to stock the farm club, assuming again they hit on their picks and nobody else in the central will, the Twins have a top 5 farm system right now and could continue to add to it, alot can change in a hurry, when Sano and Buxton get to the big club maybe the Twins rotation is better then all of a sudden the Tigers core is in their 30's and the Twins are ready to assume control of the division, not saying it will happen but it could just as easily as the Tigers continuing their current dominance...

I am talking just the AL Central here.... look back at my posts.. I was talking about who would win the division.... that being said....

Every team can hit on their picks.. it doesn't matter .. tigers have waaaay more mlb talent than everyone else at this point.. so if the tigers hit on a a few prospects.. they can slowly reload as the other teams just build... The tigers are at the top trying to maintain.. the rest of the central is way behind trying to catch up.. do you understand now?

How is the twins rotation going to magically be better than the tigers? You have nothing to speak of as far as young pitching talent ready to come up.. gibson is complete trash.. and the tigers have 6 starters that are better than any one of yours.. seriously.. stop being a homer.. Rick Porcello or Smyly would be your ace at his point.. and guess what.. unless you open the pocketbooks.. you are not adding 4 or 5 upgrades that are going to be in the same level as the tigers.. do you think the tigers are going to just sit and let you guys catch up? LOL.. I love seeing your posts.. they are awesome.. and should be studied by psychology students trying to learn about jealous losers. If you read my post.. it said that the tigers core will have the talent advantage for the next 3 to 4 yrs... and that is time to build the farm back.. what part of that is not correct? Verlander could fall off a cliff and still be a better pitcher than every twins starter at this point... and you know it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of a team having a massive talent advantage in its division is so hard to understand.. I mean seriously. how does it go from talking about talent level of al central teams to winning world series.. obviously thats the goal.. but I am talking strictly al central.. can you read?

I pray the tigers win the ws this year... not just to see my team win and celebrate.. but to shut up all the clowns here that use that as the only comeback to the fact their team blows and has little hope of passing the tigers in talent for years.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the twins rotation going to magically be better than the tigers?
Where did I say it would be? Who's to say a couple of the kids in the system don't just come up and go lights out? Whos to say JV's arm don't fall off? You just make it seem like it's a done deal the rest of the division will be chasing the Tigers forever. Alot of things can do happen.

can you read?

Wouldn't it be funny for you if I couldn't? I don't know Vice I guess i'm just tired of you dominating this board with the Tigers are great and everyone else in the central sucks. I don't know mix it up a little, every post from you is the same, you have become boring.

I pray the tigers win the ws this year... not just to see my team win and celebrate.. but to shut up all the clowns here that use that as the only comeback to the fact their team blows and has little hope of passing the tigers in talent for years.

And we all pray they don't just so we can continue to throw that in your face.

Verlander could fall off a cliff and still be a better pitcher than every twins starter at this point... and you know it.

How high of a cliff?

it said that the tigers core will have the talent advantage for the next 3 to 4 yrs... and that is time to build the farm back.. what part of that is not correct?

Well, being they will be drafting at the end of the 1st round they won't be hitting on players like JV who was taken #2. At least it's less likely.

and should be studied by psychology students trying to learn about jealous losers.

And you should be studied by psychology students trying to learn what its like to be annoying prick who does nothing but bash the shit out of everything he doesn't agree with. You are a one trick pony, we could just repost any one of your posts from the last couple years, because it's the same fucking thing over and over. We get it Vice the Tigers rule and everyon else blows.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. Drafting at the back of the first round is an issue? Name the top 10 farm systems... Rays? Cards? Baltimore? They are up there... Cards never draft high and the Rays haven't in a while... The Red Sox have pretty good farm... do they draft high? Drafting high should mean you get a stud.. but sad fact is.. teams like Pitt and KC drafted high for decades and still couldnt do much.. Pitt just recently figured out how to draft... Name the teams that drafted top ten the last 10 yrs.. and how many are still doing so.

Here is another fun fact for you.. how many top 5 picks have ended up rookie of the year when they come up in the last few years?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Verlander was a once in a decade type player.. how many of the top pitchers in the league are top 5 picks... i bet when you look it up.. it will surprise you how few it really is.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey - 1st rd 7th
Kershaw - 1st rd 7th
jose fernandez - 1st rd 14th
felix hernandez - international free agent
Patrick corbin - 2nd round 80th
adam wainright - 1st rd 29th
chris sale - 1st rd 13th
Max scherzer 1st rd 11th
Madison Bumgardener - 1st rd 10th
Shelby Miller 1st rd - 19th
Zach wheeler 1st rd 6th
Yu Darvish - International free agent
Hidecki Kuroda - International Free agent
Derek Holland - 26th rd - 748th
James shields - 16th rd 466th
david price 1st rd 1st
chris tillman 2nd rd 49th
justin verlander 1st rd 2nd
anibal sanchel - international free agent

There is a pretty decent list of the top pitchers.. and as you can see.. 2 are top five picks.. one being first overall... food for thought... mid first round and late first round has just as much odds to be great as top picks in the draft.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Tigers are like pretty good and like they are going to win the central and like even the world series. if we can get by the Twns this week

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians win. swisher hits a homer run. good thing in my fantasy team I had him in. being Monday and limited teams are playing. so I gave swish a start....

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio was talking about a blog on yahoo. by some guy who also is a comedy writer. any body seen it???

radio said reasons Trout is MVP over Miggy were.

Trout was handsome
Miggy fooled the writers by winning the triple crown.. he said 2 of the 3 Cats are meaningless.
That's this year..Miggy bad base running is enough to make him lose the MVP..(never mind Miggy is hurt. and he has had multi game winning home runs in the time)
The Tigers players help fool the writers by building up Miggy.
and Since the Tigers were such a good team..they could win with out Miggy..

this is the kind of arguments most have favoring trout. that and the WAR stat.
honestly... who would you poster pick as MVP..i know there are 50 games left.
BUT who do you favor and why????

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the kind of arguments most have favoring trout. that and the WAR
stat. honestly... who would you poster pick as MVP...

Mike Trout's Angels are 55-69 and in 4th place in the AL West. Miguel's Tigers are 73-51, and currently have the best record in the AL. It's Cabrera. End of story. It's not the "Best All-Around Player" award or "WAR Award"... it's the Most VALUABLE Player award.

Miguel is putting up considerably better numbers than his triple crown season. This during a year where Austin Jackson, Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez (until late June) have had sub-par seasons. Without Miguel Cabrera, the Tigers would be looking up at Cleveland and maybe KC.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jon Heyman's article at cbs...

"...in a season where one player is well above all the others, and that player plays for a contender, that player wins. That's the case here. Cabrera easily has been the league's best player, and he has helped the Tigers compile the best record in the league. There is no good reason to think he won't be the MVP again. I mean, not one.

As for Trout, great as he is, he has virtually no chance to win the MVP. Nothing against Trout. He's a superb all-around player, and if we were starting a team from scratch, he might well be the logical first overall pick. His case was strong last year, especially before Cabrera's strong finish carried the Tigers into the playoffs. Maybe it's momentum from last year that leads folks (and oddsmakers) to suggest Trout has a decent chance this year, I'm not sure. But this is pretty clearly Cabrera's year, and it has been clear for some time.

Terrific players on terrible teams can win MVPs. (Alex Rodriguez won one of three MVPs in his loosey goosey days for a last-place Rangers team; the admirable Andre Dawson won for a last-place Cubs team.) But that only occurs when there are no other comparable, viable candidates.

In this case, Cabrera is more than comparable. He has actually been better. He has a crazy 1.141 OPS for the year.

While Trout is fabulous, Cabrera ... has been better than even last year, when he won the Triple Crown (and beat Trout for the MVP). Trout's only better in speed numbers (stolen bases, triples), though Trout also does hold a small lead in WAR, 7.3 to 6.7, and I don't dismiss that.

I don't completely believe it, either.

While WAR provides an all-around picture, it relies on questionable subjectivity and has defensive issues (center fielders sometimes look over-rewarded to me; for instance, does anyone believe Carlos Gomez is three times more valuable than Carlos Beltran when they have virtually the same offensive numbers just because he has him beat 6.5 to 2.1 in WAR?). "

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Trout's Angels are 55-69 and in 4th place in the AL West. Miguel's Tigers are 73-51, and currently have the best record in the AL. It's Cabrera. End of story. It's not the "Best All-Around Player" award or "WAR Award"... it's the Most VALUABLE Player award.

Miguel is putting up considerably better numbers than his triple crown season. This during a year where Austin Jackson, Prince Fielder and Victor Martinez (until late June) have had sub-par seasons. Without Miguel Cabrera, the Tigers would be looking up at Cleveland and maybe KC.

This discussion has clearly went way over your head.

Might want to find out what season they are talking about be joining in.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Vice I guess i'm just tired of you dominating this board with the Tigers are great and everyone else in the central sucks. I don't know mix it up a little, every post from you is the same, you have become boring.

You are a one trick pony, we could just repost any one of your posts from the last couple years, because it's the same fucking thing over and over. We get it Vice the Tigers rule and everyone else blows.

Well put Nosfer. & a-fuckin-men...

For a guy that claims to own a restaurant & have a hot wife & young daughter he seems to spend most of his time on this board & Tracker. Kinda makes ya wonder a little, no? :noidea:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jon Heyman's article at cbs...

"...in a season where one player is well above all the others, and that player plays for a contender, that player wins. That's the case here. Cabrera easily has been the league's best player, and he has helped the Tigers compile the best record in the league. There is no good reason to think he won't be the MVP again. I mean, not one.

As for Trout, great as he is, he has virtually no chance to win the MVP. Nothing against Trout. He's a superb all-around player, and if we were starting a team from scratch, he might well be the logical first overall pick. His case was strong last year, especially before Cabrera's strong finish carried the Tigers into the playoffs. Maybe it's momentum from last year that leads folks (and oddsmakers) to suggest Trout has a decent chance this year, I'm not sure. But this is pretty clearly Cabrera's year, and it has been clear for some time.

Terrific players on terrible teams can win MVPs. (Alex Rodriguez won one of three MVPs in his loosey goosey days for a last-place Rangers team; the admirable Andre Dawson won for a last-place Cubs team.) But that only occurs when there are no other comparable, viable candidates.

In this case, Cabrera is more than comparable. He has actually been better. He has a crazy 1.141 OPS for the year.

While Trout is fabulous, Cabrera ... has been better than even last year, when he won the Triple Crown (and beat Trout for the MVP). Trout's only better in speed numbers (stolen bases, triples), though Trout also does hold a small lead in WAR, 7.3 to 6.7, and I don't dismiss that.

I don't completely believe it, either.

While WAR provides an all-around picture, it relies on questionable subjectivity and has defensive issues (center fielders sometimes look over-rewarded to me; for instance, does anyone believe Carlos Gomez is three times more valuable than Carlos Beltran when they have virtually the same offensive numbers just because he has him beat 6.5 to 2.1 in WAR?). "

I pay ZERO attention to WAR. And I wish that was the norm. As far as MVP goes, Chris Davis holds the upper hand. If he wins the HR or RBI title, and his Os make the tourney, he could win. If he doesn't, and/or they don't, he can't. But I suppose Scherzer could beat out Miggy. Tigers did just fine during the stretch Cabrera sat out. If they do the same once the division is clinched in a couple weeks, it definitely could open the door for Max. And third Tiger AL MVP in three years. Any team ever pull that off before?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should rename this thread....fans of shitty teams, that hate on the tigers...

Still no royals fans back? So sad.....maybe detroit slips vs the twins a few games and KC can roll over the sox.....then maybe they will come back.....just to disappear again.....and again....then re-appear with WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR chants.....then ((((poof))))).,....theyre gone till next april where tiger fans have to hear how its their year again...

I notice good ole shane-o has went from trolling the tiger page, WHEN THE INJUNS were winning.....to disappearing himself on here.....only to pop up on the lions thread trolling over a pre season win.....man can cleveland fans be so sad......to think IF they ever won ANYTHING.

Clevelands best pro franchise= ohio st....payroll is usually higher than the browns at tattoo U ........"im terrelle pryor, i get what i want"............that never gets old......or the other OSU player that said...."i came to OSU to play football, not go to school"........urban meyer, the best man for that school.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay ZERO attention to WAR. And I wish that was the norm. As far as MVP goes, Chris Davis holds the upper hand. If he wins the HR or RBI title, and his Os make the tourney, he could win. If he doesn't, and/or they don't, he can't. But I suppose Scherzer could beat out Miggy. Tigers did just fine during the stretch Cabrera sat out. If they do the same once the division is clinched in a couple weeks, it definitely could open the door for Max. And third Tiger AL MVP in three years. Any team ever pull that off before?

lol.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hating the yankees and other good teams when the tigers were losing 100 games......i never jumped on a "second" team tho.....always liked the cubs, since we got WGN, and now i live here......but i wouldnt get excited if they won a WS....once the tigers lose or are out of the picture, i just watch em to the end....if the WS doesnt interest me, i might not even watch much of it....i know i didnt really watch the philly TB WS......games are so boring in dull domes like TB.

But if thats all twins and injuns fans have left is to hate the team in first.....oh well......id rather be winning the division and losing in the WS or ALCS than being towards the bottom all year and hope prospects pan out....cuz i know when detroit sucked, we always had the next "savior" in the minors.....just never seen them end up being that. Just glad my team is winning and not being sold off for prospects....detroit is good and young enough to slowly build their farm....or just go out and buy what they want. Teams with prospects that end up being great, usually end up losing them to free agency once they hit that 27-30 yr old range. So go ahead twins.....build that prospect up, so another team like the yanks will swipe him away once hes grown up and ready to lead a team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should rename this thread....fans of shitty teams, that hate on the tigers...

Still no royals fans back? So sad.....maybe detroit slips vs the twins a few games and KC can roll over the sox.....then maybe they will come back.....just to disappear again.....and again....then re-appear with WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR chants.....then ((((poof))))).,....theyre gone till next april where tiger fans have to hear how its their year again...

I notice good ole shane-o has went from trolling the tiger page, WHEN THE INJUNS were winning.....to disappearing himself on here.....only to pop up on the lions thread trolling over a pre season win.....man can cleveland fans be so sad......to think IF they ever won ANYTHING.

Clevelands best pro franchise= ohio st....payroll is usually higher than the browns at tattoo U ........"im terrelle pryor, i get what i want"............that never gets old......or the other OSU player that said...."i came to OSU to play football, not go to school"........urban meyer, the best man for that school.

I am still here...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This discussion has clearly went way over your head.

Might want to find out what season they are talking about be joining in.

What the hell are YOU talking about??? doug clearly referenced "50 games left", so I'm assuming he was asking about this season.