• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Butler...omly 1 extra base hit in this 5 game series....just saying

Tigers sold over 200,000 tickets for this 5 game series.

The Royals are traditionally good at bringing swarms of fans to any stadium they play in.

:nod:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are traditionally good at bringing swarms of fans to any stadium they play in.

:nod:

Something tells me there wasn't that many powder blue kc hats in the stands... just a hunch.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians lose... Tigers gain a game back... 7 game lead over the tribe... 8.5 over the royals...

Gotta credit the Tigers for putting that embarrassing doubleheader sweep behind them and winning the Saturday-Sunday games. I knew the Tigers would hit Davis. Wasn't so sure about Chen the way he's been pitching, but they got him, too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta credit the Tigers for putting that embarrassing doubleheader sweep behind them and winning the Saturday-Sunday games. I knew the Tigers would hit Davis. Wasn't so sure about Chen the way he's been pitching, but they got him, too.

Tigers have a history of hitting chen like a tee when nobody else is...

I think that double header sweep was overblown. They won 2-1 and 3-0... and the tigers had a ton of men left on base. Sometimes teams get lucky... Friday was Hosmer's lucky day. The royals fans sure did get excited though.. they spent sunday at the demo derby or watching nascar... i doubt we will be seeing so much of them again this year.

Indians fans gone... no more shane... capto is now a red sox fan.... you should have seen him enjoying the pegging of arod before arod bent the red sox over his knee....

Do white sox fans come here? Ever?

Even the loud mouthed twins fans that don't talk baseball anymore have dipped out. Guess its just us Tigers fans here now... the bi product of success. All the haters disappear. Poof.. Like magic.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad the Tigers got an off day today... they needed it. Been a while since the last day off. They need to rest up and keep this tear up for the next 2-3 weeks so that they can rest the last half of Sept. I have tickets to the Tigers/Marlins last game... I want Miggy and the big dogs to play...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that double header sweep was overblown. They won 2-1 and 3-0... and the
tigers had a ton of men left on base.

Not really .... 2 hits (one an HR), 4 walks and 1 HPB in Game 1. So, 6 left on. 4 hits, 4 walks in Game 2, so 8 left on. The Tigers have certainly done worse with LOBs. Where I'll say KC had some luck: there were several balls hit hard off Duffy in Game 1 that went for outs.

I am glad the Tigers got an off day today... they needed it. Been a while since
the last day off.

That's why I'm even more impressed with the Saturday-Sunday games... they played a 5-game series in 4 days immediately after a 10-game road trip, with no off day in-between. If the Tigers were gassed, they didn't show it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Gibson getting hit like a tee by the mets.. his era is gross... can someone tell me why twins fans think kyle gibson has hope? He is almost a year older than Rick Porcello.. and he just got called up... and he is sucking huge dong... if 25 yr old Kyle Gibson still has the ability to turn his 6.5 era around to being a decent middle rotation starter.. why do so many people think that the 24 year old Porcello is fully developed....

Twins future... Kyle Gibson.. where is Rollinghills to tell us about how bright the future is at Target Field?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww man, i went to michigan for 3 days for a family reunion, and i missed the royal turds......they came in for only 2 days? Gave up already? Wow.....outside of moose, i didnt think kc fans existed outside of joe dirt. Or that guy out on the interstate pumping gas, with a greasy set of overalls, a mullet, a mouthful of tabacca, his dale earnhardt number 3 hat, and a bunch of old cars and trucks laying around the property on bricks who still thinks kevin seitzer and kevin appier are the best hitter pitcher combo in baseball.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!

You know the funniest part of KC always saying wait til next year? They are so stupid... they don't realize other teams make moves and get better... I really enjoy their celebrating winning the spring training title and talking about their prospects like they will all pan out and be better than established free agent signings real teams get.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kingpin on HBO right now... Staring Quest as the amish bowler... Dougie as Roy Munson, and da55bums as Ernie McCracken.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still work pretty good for the Indians. Good job they got him when he was with you & not us :laugh3:

How are your Roid Sox looking Capto? No Roiders there huh... and the Indians... Giambi? You forget him? Betancourt?

You crack me up bro... Your team tanks.. so you jump ship... over to another team, the Red Sox, are about to tank themselves... who will be your next team you jump to when the Red Sox lose the division to the Rays and the wc to the orioles?

That being said.. I am glad you showed face here... at least you didn't disappear like the rest of the mouthy tigers haters...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing was funnier than being on CBS when Arod hit that HR last night... Red Sox fans were running their mouths about Arod being a PED user.. then cheering Ortiz every at bat... the 04 and 07 titles in Boston are probably the most steroid tainted titles in history... if not right up there with the worst.

Then Arod hits the HR... the Red Sox fans called it meaningless... they still had a 2 run lead in the 6th after all... a few batters later.. they are down in the game.. and turn back to bashing Arod for using PEDs... and cheering Ortiz... lol.. gotta love homer fans..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the funniest part of KC always saying wait til next year? They are so stupid... they don't realize other teams make moves and get better... I really enjoy their celebrating winning the spring training title and talking about their prospects like they will all pan out and be better than established free agent signings real teams get.

Your pointless obsession with KC continues. You say KC will get worse, I may as well say all the prospects pan out too as you love to take that bait. KC will be fine, stick to your own team, MiamiVice.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 04 and 07 titles in Boston are probably the most steroid tainted titles in history..

Holy shit, I agree...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing was funnier than being on CBS when Arod hit that HR last night... Red Sox fans were running their mouths about Arod being a PED user.. then cheering Ortiz every at bat... the 04 and 07 titles in Boston are probably the most steroid tainted titles in history... if not right up there with the worst.

Then Arod hits the HR... the Red Sox fans called it meaningless... they still had a 2 run lead in the 6th after all... a few batters later.. they are down in the game.. and turn back to bashing Arod for using PEDs... and cheering Ortiz... lol.. gotta love homer fans..

This was amusing to me as well how some Red Sox fans chose to act.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are your Roid Sox looking Capto? No Roiders there huh... and the Indians... Giambi? You forget him? Betancourt?

You crack me up bro... Your team tanks.. so you jump ship... over to another team, the Red Sox, are about to tank themselves... who will be your next team you jump to when the Red Sox lose the division to the Rays and the wc to the orioles?

That being said.. I am glad you showed face here... at least you didn't disappear like the rest of the mouthy tigers haters...

Vice - what part of 'RedSox have always been my 2nd fav team' is so fucking hard for you to understand? Been a fan since I was 7 yrs old for fucks sake... HOWEVER...I like anybody else who loves baseball & follows it til the end...has every right to choose a team to root for in the playoffs. Cant follow the game & not root for somebody...

Giambi was dirty, admitted it & is clean now. Betancourt? Dont recall seeing his name on our roster for quite a few yrs...

Tribe hasnt tanked BTW. Pretty much out of the WC, yes. But as long as they end up 2nd in the Div Ill be damn happy. Major improvement over the past cpl yrs...

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice - what part of 'RedSox have always been my 2nd fav team' is so fucking hard for you to understand? Been a fan since I was 7 yrs old for fucks sake... HOWEVER...I like anybody else who loves baseball & follows it til the end...has every right to choose a team to root for in the playoffs. Cant follow the game & not root for somebody...

Giambi was dirty, admitted it & is clean now. Betancourt? Dont recall seeing his name on our roster for quite a few yrs...

Tribe hasnt tanked BTW. Pretty much out of the WC, yes. But as long as they end up 2nd in the Div Ill be damn happy. Major improvement over the past cpl yrs...

LOL.. very convenient... I guess having a second team to fall back on that is continually one of the highest spenders in baseball isn't such a bad idea when you your first team is the Indians.

This idea just makes no sense to me.. of having a "second team"... that means you are a half ass fan of both. I am a Tigers fan... but I live in Miami.. I pay attention to the Marlins... I would never in any situation put them above the Tigers... You are either a fan or you are not.. there is no one team is not winning so I will go to the one that is crap... that is just weak sauce.. and I am sure just about everyone here will agree.

Shit bag fans have two teams... I have more respect for a clown like quest that is a homer to the end than a guy that shifts from one to another.