• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the man cant even run right now
and he is the MVP!!!!!
Power and clutch. how stupid to pitch to him
'maybe the Royal don't have good scouts???
Miggy loves the ball out side. he mashes more balls to right and center than to left by a wide margin.

the guy is giving all to his team. he is hurt . could set out and heal up. but that's him.he wants to play.
that's HEART!!!!!!!!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomorrow. Tigers show the Royal who runs this shit in the central.

Tigers lookto win this series and send the Royals out of town 7 1/2 back.

how about Benoit??? perfect in save Ops. he has done a great job as our closer.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch how Miggy surveys the field and with the right pitch will drive it to wherever he wants.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tomorrow. Tigers show the Royal who runs this shit in the central.

Tigers lookto win this series and send the Royals out of town 7 1/2 back.

how about Benoit??? perfect in save Ops. he has done a great job as our closer.

If the tigs win tomorrow... the royals leave down 8.5

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the cockiness from the royals players like hosmer and their fans on cbs and here... and they can only shave one game off the lead from where they were going into this... and could end up losing a game... there are what.. 6 weeks left? Something tells me the royals fans will be talking about next year by the end of this month.. maybe sooner.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals have some good pitchers. but not much else.

they were having a very average season. not even contending.then they got hot and won a lot of games after the all start game.

I think that was there push of the year. they will drift back. but . still a improvement. they could add a few players..hitters. and be tougher next year

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers got Scherzer going tomorrow. against Chen. I like our chances.

Indians won today against the As.. keeping pace. BUT they got Kasmir going. I think the As will get to him.He cant even hit 88 MPH any more. As fighting the Rangers for the AL West. As will be wanting to win on sunday.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals have some good pitchers. but not much else.

they were having a very average season. not even contending.then they got hot and won a lot of games after the all start game.

I think that was there push of the year. they will drift back. but . still a improvement. they could add a few players..hitters. and be tougher next year

They are losing the pitcher that was the best for them this year in Santana.. almost for certain... and guthrie is getting crappier by the day. Shields is one year older... The Royals one year above .500 a decade is this year.. you won't see it again for another 9 years.

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, gotta be impressed with what the Royals have done this year. They rarely contend, and for them to at least be somewhat relevant at this time of the year is something to admire. Especially when you consider most of their hitters are having 'down' years.

But yeah, they're not even close to the Tigers, despite a few wins against them...

Beef

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the cockiness from the royals players like hosmer and their fans on cbs and here...

Its called confidence, Vice. Thats a damn good trait to have. Cant win without it

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Hosmer is cocky... Explain.

After the second game of the double header he was clowning around on the field like a little kid that just won a championship. If you were watching the game.. He was jumping up and down while in the hand shake line acting like an idiot.

For god sakes Royals... I get you want to beat the tigers... But this isn't the world series..
Act like you have been there before... Sad thing is Hosmer has looked good te last month and has carried his team... To bad there are no vet winners to show him how to act... I guess he will learn that when he is traded or signs with the Yanks...

Hosmer is a Boras client... Enjoy him now KC Boras aint letting him sign there on the cheap... Its Yanks, Tigers, Dodgers, phillies or Red sox for his future.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the second game of the double header he was clowning around on the field like a little kid that just won a championship. If you were watching the game.. He was jumping up and down while in the hand shake line acting like an idiot.

For god sakes Royals... I get you want to beat the tigers... But this isn't the world series..
Act like you have been there before... Sad thing is Hosmer has looked good te last month and has carried his team... To bad there are no vet winners to show him how to act... I guess he will learn that when he is traded or signs with the Yanks...

Hosmer is a Boras client... Enjoy him now KC Boras aint letting him sign there on the cheap... Its Yanks, Tigers, Dodgers, phillies or Red sox for his future.

We don't care THAT much, MiamiVice.. Literally every player has a variant or mini celebration after they get a hit. Chill out, they are just having fun. It is after all, a game. Ironically that whole stick was started by Tejada to get the team to have fun... I would much rather have a team actually have fun than be a bunch of lifeless drones that just happen to be playing baseball. I don't expect to make the playoffs this year, I never did say they would even challenge Detroit for the division in any legitimate manner. You seem to like your old and tired narratives. :lame:

Keep hoping he isn't signed in the next couple years to a long term deal...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind KC signing Hosmer. Or Gordon. Or Butler. Or Sal Perez. Or... Hell I'd just like to see the Royals re-sign a player that other teams could covet. For too long the Greinkes, Damons, Dyes, Beltrans and company have came up, produced, and moved on. Via FA or trade. And while that makes finishing ahead of them on a regular basis easier. It's not good for the Central as a whole. And it's really not good for baseball as a whole either.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boras will never allow him to sign for anything past his arb years... Look up Scott Boras if you don't think I am right.

This is your year... Unless moore finds some way to reproduce the year Santana is having with someone else... You will be left with Guthrie who is nothing special, duffy, who is nothing special, shields who is not getting younger, and two unknowns.

Somehow i dont see dayton moore finding another santana... Because past history shows... He is a horrible gm and lucked into getting a guy have his career year in his final year of a contract. Shields is the only guy I think holds serve next year... Without maintaining your current pitching numbers... Kc will return to where they normally sit.

Don't agree? Cool... My money is on regression in kc's pitching next year... I will gladly take bets.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind KC signing Hosmer. Or Gordon. Or Butler. Or Sal Perez. Or... Hell I'd just like to see the Royals re-sign a player that other teams could covet. For too long the Greinkes, Damons, Dyes, Beltrans and company have came up, produced, and moved on. Via FA or trade. And while that makes finishing ahead of them on a regular basis easier. It's not good for the Central as a whole. And it's really not good for baseball as a whole either.

Hosmer already shot down signing a Salvador Perez type deal this spring. Royals tried locking him down... Boras isn't an idiot... In 2018.., the angels, phillies, dodgers, yankees, red sox, heck... Even the tigers could be in the market for hosmer. The big boys will be happy to double any offer kc can afford if he hits .300 with 20+ hr for the next 4 yrs in arbatration... Open market... Hosmer gets a huge deal.. He will be 28 at free agency... In 2018... That could mean 25 mil a yr if he actually reaches potential... Yeah... Kc aint signing him to an ext.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana isn't signed thru next season?

Nope... And he is currently right there with garza for top starter available.... Kc isnt going to be able to afford him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... And by the way... Even shields is having one of the best years of his career.... Regression is going to be the word for KC in 2014... I bet anyone... Do i have takers?