• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that most of the old CBS posters would get along rather well in person... Guys like Kinik and Quest I am sure would be odd looking freaks... but for the most part.. everyone here just has strong opinions of their own team...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that most of the old CBS posters would get along rather well in person... Guys like Kinik and Quest I am sure would be odd looking freaks... but for the most part.. everyone here just has strong opinions of their own team...

lol Quest is another one.

I'd love to get Quest and Doug into a living room together. Maybe throw in Willie Dog just to light a fire with Dougy.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get Quest and Doug into a living room together

Good lord, can you imagine the stories of eating road kill?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Quest is another one.

I'd love to get Quest and Doug into a living room together. Maybe throw in Willie Dog just to light a fire with Dougy.

I assume willie has a long pony tail.. but is completely bald on top... and I imagine Doug as Woody Harrelson in the movie King Pin. And Quest is Randy Quaid, the Amish guy in King Pin.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget all those play offs wins AP has under his belt...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers win. Ricky P got the W.. that stat thingy.

Miggy foes deep again. just think if he wasn't hurting. Miggy is already on a pace to better his numbers from last year.

Twins cough up a lead..what a surprise.

Indians eke out a win.

I think we can all say it now. reason twins are losing..Twins fans just don't want it bad enough...word

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers come hime after a 10 game road trip. 6-4. not to bad. lost 4 of those games in extra innings or 8th inning on...so they didn't beat theTigers..just the bull pen..right????

on that road trip it included a 4 game sweep of the Indians. 2 games the Tiger made dramatic come backs against the Yankees...only to have light hitting brettGardner have 2 walk off hits.
time for the Tigers to flex and put the royals in there place. time for wake up call for KC....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume willie has a long pony tail.. but is completely bald on top... and I imagine Doug as Woody Harrelson in the movie King Pin. And Quest is Randy Quaid, the Amish guy in King Pin.

Funny thing is, thats pretty much exactly how I have pictured Quest.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam handsome tall and pretty buff.

but..it doesn't do me any good. I work 7 days a week 10 hours a day.

so I don't get out to do some woman pleasing as much as I would like.

but I do keep up with last years defending American league champions

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, nobody is better than Walter, to think Barry is better only proves there are stupid people out there.

Funny when people dont agree with you they are stupid.....im starting to see a pattern here....all im saying is AP has to still have good years.....the RB position is one of the shortest life spans in sports.....just last year nobody outside of minny thought AP was great.....i got him in the early 3rd round last year....took foster and b marshall ahead of him.....nobody trusted him....so he has to do it for more than a year for me.....can he be better than barry? Absolutely....but i agree with vice that hes one injury away from being terrelle davis without the SB's.

If no one can understand that, then they are set in their ways...the guy still has work to do to be better than barry. Thats not saying he wont be.....the good thing is within 3 yrs we will know....if AP keeps it up for the next 3 years, then he could be better, but RB usually goes downhill with age.....we will see.....put me on barry to win this one....soon to be known..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the AP wont hold up because of injuries. The guy isn't injury prone where he constantly is sitting out with nagging injuries. He had two freak grusome knee injuries that can happen to anyone. The likelihood of him getting hurt agian is just like anyone else getting hurt. He bounced back.

First 6 seasons...

Barry

89 games

8,672 yards/1,445 per season

62 TDs

AP

89 games

8,849 yards/1,474 per season

76 TDs

So even with AP's 2011 season where he had the bad injury and saw his lowest attempts per game since his rookie year keeping him shy of 1,000 yards. He still tops Barry in their first 6 years. More yards, more TDs. Exact same amount of games played.

Carry on. The beast is just getting started.

We won't even mention the post season numbers. AP's 5-1 TD advantage is already embarrassing.

I know its all you have is to compare the first 6 seasons.....but how many athletes did well for 6 or so years only to fade to a one time good to great player? People wont give miggy his dues, when compared to the greats.....they say he still has to put up another 5 yrs of great stats....and i agree...all im saying is a career could be over or go downhill quick.....especially football...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why i'm answering this but yes, yes I have. Many posts on the "Is Miggy the best hitter ever thread" Are you ok now?

So how good did you say miggy was? Do you still think he needs to have some more great years? Hes in elite company right now with the numbers hes posted for his career...at the stage hes at in his career. First full 10 years in the league.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I picture quest as a goofy bearded peace lovin guy with a curly mullet and tom cruises top gun glasses....and kinik as a short white hairy old bearded man whos grumpy and ornery.....always pictured him and iffy as brothers.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol i read this after i posted my last one....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, you are just saying what all the Barry Backers have said. "RB's tend to go downhill as they get older" If it is true that all rb's do this then AP is still ahead of the curve. He has MORE yards than Barry at this point in their careers. So if they have the same regression, AP wins.

But they are elite. This "happens to most players" does not apply to the elite. These guys are not most players. AP was electrifying last year, he could do it again. Teams may stack the box against him even more than in that past and maybe he wont.

Who knows. But using basic regression theory is nonsense. Because based on that theory AP comes out on top seeing as he already has the lead. Just like Miggy they have to prove their final numbers but right now we are arguing what they are on pace to get.

One thing I need absolute clarifying on is....who in gods name didn't think AP was great before last year? You act like he was a one year wonder. He's been the best back since he entered the league. The reason he went 3rd round was because 1. he had an injury and 2. your league probably had a very low average IQ.

He went 2nd round in my league, snake draft so late second round. Same guy got Foster first. Needless to say he owned.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically final thing and we put this to rest.

What Adrian did last year alone is 100% proof that "normal running back" what ifs, do not apply to the man.

He says hes getting 2500 yards. To all of us that sounds completely foolish, but hes not really a guy you doubt.

Most thought Miggy wouldn't repeat last year, or Trout. They are topping their years. AP's turn. It starts at Ford.