• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, you are just saying what all the Barry Backers have said. "RB's tend to go downhill as they get older" If it is true that all rb's do this then AP is still ahead of the curve. He has MORE yards than Barry at this point in their careers. So if they have the same regression, AP wins.

But they are elite. This "happens to most players" does not apply to the elite. These guys are not most players. AP was electrifying last year, he could do it again. Teams may stack the box against him even more than in that past and maybe he wont.

Who knows. But using basic regression theory is nonsense. Because based on that theory AP comes out on top seeing as he already has the lead. Just like Miggy they have to prove their final numbers but right now we are arguing what they are on pace to get.

One thing I need absolute clarifying on is....who in gods name didn't think AP was great before last year? You act like he was a one year wonder. He's been the best back since he entered the league. The reason he went 3rd round was because 1. he had an injury and 2. your league probably had a very low average IQ.

He went 2nd round in my league, snake draft so late second round. Same guy got Foster first. Needless to say he owned.

In our league nobody wanted to touch him...my friend who had him the year before wasnt at the draft and he left my friend with his draft list...and he put dont draft peterson on it.....hes a GB fan....i took him with the 3rd pick in the 3rd round of 12 teams....theres only 5-6 lion fans in the league too. All im saying is, he still has to go out and perform....injuries are common for an NFL RB...,especially now days as fast as the game has gotten....just be prepared to hear the i told yas if he gets hurt or has a below avg year...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, you are just saying what all the Barry Backers have said. "RB's tend to go downhill as they get older" If it is true that all rb's do this then AP is still ahead of the curve. He has MORE yards than Barry at this point in their careers. So if they have the same regression, AP wins.

But they are elite. This "happens to most players" does not apply to the elite. These guys are not most players. AP was electrifying last year, he could do it again. Teams may stack the box against him even more than in that past and maybe he wont.

Who knows. But using basic regression theory is nonsense. Because based on that theory AP comes out on top seeing as he already has the lead. Just like Miggy they have to prove their final numbers but right now we are arguing what they are on pace to get.

One thing I need absolute clarifying on is....who in gods name didn't think AP was great before last year? You act like he was a one year wonder. He's been the best back since he entered the league. The reason he went 3rd round was because 1. he had an injury and 2. your league probably had a very low average IQ.

He went 2nd round in my league, snake draft so late second round. Same guy got Foster first. Needless to say he owned.

Lol at low IQ....Been almost the same 12 guys since 96....we were playing way before the internet boom of ff......most leagues online were boring....we had a more advanced scoring system....now sites like cbs lets u customize the scoring system.....i remember the days of having to wait for the next days paper to find out if u won....in a 2 point per catch league RB's arent as popular as leagues where td's are so huge......marshall faulk was the greatest ff player EVER in our league...any RB who caught alot of passes could easily score 50....RB's like michael turner or bettis always sucked in our leagues. Peterson was great maybe 3 years in our league. He didnt come close to winning our MVP last year...i had him

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iam handsome tall and pretty buff.

but..it doesn't do me any good. I work 7 days a week 10 hours a day.

so I don't get out to do some woman pleasing as much as I would like.

but I do keep up with last years defending American league champions

This is why Doug is my favorite poster ever.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, back to baseball... I'm really hoping the Tigers can lock up at least a 3-2 series vs. the Royals after the second game Friday, allowing them to sit Miguel on the weekend. The guy is still hitting like a madman, but he clearly cannot move on the bases or in the field.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I'll give Doug credit. He only went with "pretty buff".

Bummer about your job Dougy. Instead of pleasing the ladies like I am sure you can. You have to please your stomach with a midnight Hungry Man dinner.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. But using basic regression theory is nonsense. Because based on that theory AP comes out on top seeing as he already has the lead.

How is it nonsense ? Regression usually happens with RBs as they age, but it didn't happen with Barry who quit at 30. You seem to be assuming that it won't happen with AP. That's quite an assumption considering he's already had 1 serious injury. Maybe he won't soon start trending downward , but it happens with most RBs. Barry averaged 1650 per season after year 6, gaining at least 1490 every year... a number AP has surpassed just twice in 6 seasons and he's a year older than Barry was. It takes a toll. I think all we can say at this point is we'll see.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picture quest as a goofy bearded peace lovin guy with a curly mullet and tom cruises top gun glasses....and kinik as a short white hairy old bearded man whos grumpy and ornery.....always pictured him and iffy as brothers.

How is it nonsense ? Regression usually happens with RBs as they age, but it didn't happen with Barry who quit at 30. You seem to be assuming that it won't happen with AP. That's quite an assumption considering he's already had 1 serious injury. Maybe he won't soon start trending downward , but it happens with most RBs. Barry averaged 1650 per season after year 6, gaining at least 1490 every year... a number AP has surpassed just twice in 6 seasons and he's a year older than Barry was. It takes a toll. I think all we can say at this point is we'll see.

Exactly what you said. It didn't happen with Barry. It doesn't have to happen with all running backs especially the gifted ones. Like I said at this point in their careers he already has a solid lead in yards and a huge lead in Td's so Adrian could account for a downturn a bit anyways. Fairly confident he gains at least 1700 this year anyways. Would be pretty hard for him not to.

Again, Adrian has really left no reason to doubt him at this point. He has over come every obstacle and gotten better. We will have to see, but right now hes on the fast track.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrell Davis, Jamal Lewis & Chris Johnson all say hi.

First off they were not coming off a major injury. Second, those guys were not 9 yards away from breaking the all time record(which would have been broken if we didn't bench him in garabage time).

3rd and most importantly. Chris Johnson and Jamal Lewis especially were not elite running backs before their seasons.

Adrian has always been among the games best if not the best. He just took it up a notch.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Lewis' incarceration does set him apart though. Might not make him elite, but definitely unique. Anybody bother to look at the numbers guys put up AFTER they're monster season? Might want to take that trend into account when forecasting future/continued greatness. Just a heads up.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, prince filed for divorce....knew something wasnt right....once he replaces his ex with a hot piece, he will start banging HR's again.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres a lil wolverine joke for dougie i seen......since the season is right around the corner....

What was the difference between Bo schembechler and Linda Lovelace?

Bo choked on the big ones.....:laugh3:

Didnt know the GREAT bo was 5-12 in bowl games......wow can you imagine nick saban or les miles going 5-12 in bowl games? They wouldnt last that long.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny when people dont agree with you they are stupid.....im starting to see a pattern here....
Quit whining! Let me break it down a little more, if you look at what each player did in their careers with what they had around them I have a real difficult time understanding how someone could say Barry Sanders was better than Walter Payton. I apologize to the stupid people who may have been ofended.

So how good did you say miggy was?

I hope this meets with your approval, I said "he's the best hitter on the planet"

Do you still think he needs to have some more great years? Hes in elite company right now with the numbers hes posted for his career...at the stage hes at in his career.

It doesn't matter if he has more great numbers, he won't ever be in the Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb circle of greatness. IMO... IF he can keep up what he's doing he will get into the conversation as far as top 10 of all time. I hope this is acceptable to you being it seems you are the only one who really gets to decide whats important and whats not. What happens if someday he's busted for PED's. I gotta say I don't think he will and I sure hope not, cuz I actually like him...

I wish there were a way I could let you see the post before I submit it to get your approval...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to taking in two AL Central Games tomorrow. Hoping AJax plays, and Gordon stays at cleanup for KC.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first game should be a good one... Good luck to the Tigers...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit the way this Tigers team is playing right now it's going to be tough for any AL team to beat them in the playoffs...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins back to playing the White Sox, Twins back to winning games.

At least there is one team we can own!!!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly confident he gains at least 1700 this year anyways. Would be pretty hard for him not to.

Really ? Yet he somehow managed not to 4 of his 6 years thus far. In fact he didn't even come close those 4 years. You act as if last year is his new norm when all history and evidence point to it being an outlier and far & away the high point of his career. I get it. You're a fan. Hey I like the guy. I think he's great. If he continues for a few years anywhere near his production last year we can have this conversation and more power to him. Until then you're assuming a lot.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers win. beat down KC

sanchez looked sharp another Q start.

how about Rondon?? the kid is doing good work. maybe a little more seasoning and he will be ready for some play off work.
KC Royals...3rd staright loss..just saying