• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns fall for the ol don't open the play book trick tonight,,
Lions didn't show much tonight..on purpose. They face etch other in week 6. Soooo Lions played it close to the vest. week 6 Lions will maul the Browns!!!! that my story and iam sticking to it

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns fall for the ol don't open the play book trick tonight,,
Lions didn't show much tonight..on purpose. They face etch other in week 6. Soooo Lions played it close to the vest. week 6 Lions will maul the Browns!!!! that my story and iam sticking to it

Dougie, just an FYI, Vice don't like when we talk anything other than baseball here...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleves... you forget. Michigan always played the top #1 or #2 or #3 in those bowl games. not like the bowls sparty went to. the meinke muffler bowl.
or that Charles white of USC didn't have the BALL when he scored. things like that..so don't ever diss BO EVER~!!!!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander starts the first game tomorrow.Thenin the night cap. we call up the kid from Toledo.

This could be it for the Royals. Tigers could knock them out in this series.

Indians seem to be waking up from that whooping the Tigers laid on them last week. But 6 1/2 back...its over for them to

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

got to admit. tigers got it locked up. Indians have to keep winning and winning ..just to catch up.

I really like how rondon has performed after his call back up. He throws hard. and he is throwing strikes now.

Dirks was expected to have a much better season. Had 4 hits tonight. He might be coming on at the right time.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

got to admit. tigers got it locked up. Indians have to keep winning and winning ..just to catch up.

I really like how rondon has performed after his call back up. He throws hard. and he is throwing strikes now.

Dirks was expected to have a much better season. Had 4 hits tonight. He might be coming on at the right time.

Dirks got word that its only about 15 more days until Castellanos comes up.. either Tui or Dirks is getting the boot from playing time.. I guess he must want it to be Tui.

More than a month left... I won't feel comfy until we have a 10 game lead with 10 games to go. I want to have a least a good week that Miggy can sit before the playoffs...

Royals offense looked fecal... James Shields better not throw meatballs tomorrow.. I think 4 runs will be enough to win both games... KC offense is horrible.. once you get past hosmer, butler, and gordon... you don't have to worry about anyone... Perez looks like crap lately... and the rest are just bad... Wil Myers looks good though...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some thing was said about castelanos.
I think Leyland talked about him in a interview. why he hasn't been called up. sounds like the Tigers think he is not ready this year. didn't get to hear it

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some thing was said about castelanos.
I think Leyland talked about him in a interview. why he hasn't been called up. sounds like the Tigers think he is not ready this year. didn't get to hear it

He will get called up in Sept... Mudhens season is over.. so unless they want him to take some time off.. the only way he gets at bats is at the major league level... I read an article yesterday that said most likely Aug 31.. so they have the choice to use him in the playoffs like Garcia last year. I would be surprised if he doesn't get the call up... Stranger things have happened.... It took Wil Myers till he was 23.. castellanos is still just 21.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really ? Yet he somehow managed not to 4 of his 6 years thus far. In fact he didn't even come close those 4 years. You act as if last year is his new norm when all history and evidence point to it being an outlier and far & away the high point of his career. I get it. You're a fan. Hey I like the guy. I think he's great. If he continues for a few years anywhere near his production last year we can have this conversation and more power to him. Until then you're assuming a lot.

No Im not. One year was his rookie year and the other was when he got hurt.

Again, for hopefully the last time. HE IS ON PACE TO BEAT everything that Barry did. So it is actually YOU that is assuming a lot.

You are ASSUMING that he will regress like the average running back, when he is the farthest thing from average.

Everytime I think this argument is done. The exact same thing is brought up. I don't if I need to start speaking chinese or what. His first 6>Barry's. That is all we have to judge right now. That simple.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dougy, you gonna predict a gem for JV tomorrow?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, for hopefully the last time. HE IS ON PACE TO BEAT everything that Barry did. So it is actually YOU that is assuming a lot.

You are ASSUMING that he will regress like the average running back, when he is the farthest thing from average.

Everytime I think this argument is done. The exact same thing is brought up. I don't if I need to start speaking chinese or what. His first 6>Barry's. That is all we have to judge right now. That simple.

Its all an assumption.. leave it at that.. sit back and watch.. you obviously believe he is great and will do big things... most sane people think he will regress... End it with the fact that nobody knows what will happen and arguing about what MIGHT be is dumb.. until his career is over.. he is NOT better than people that already have the stats on the book. Compare him to those in the league current.. anything else is a dumb argument that you are wasting your time on.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news.. Joe Mauer's hair looked great today...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Duffy? LOL

You know how I feel about Duffy.. he is going to get a rude awakening tomorrow... Its not going to be pretty... Tigers hit lefties well.. and he couldnt even go 4 against the twins...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Tigers win both tomorrow... the Royals may be done... I don't know if they can do it.. but if Verlander pitches a decent game.. goes at least 7 to keep the pen fresh for the night game.. and alverez can keep the fecal royals hitters off balance... it may just happen.. i hold to my prediction of taking 3 of 5 still.. but if verlander throws a gem and can keep the bullpen rested... I think the tigers will be in good position to put a hurting on the the royals.. I am just scared that the pen will get burnt by this double header.. Benoit already has logged to many innings in the last two days... May need to send someone down like AL AL and call up someone in Toledo.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually if you'll review my posts you'll see that I've made zero assumptions. You're the one doing all of the projecting for AP based upon what he did last year... 1 year. Until last year nobody was putting him in a class with Barry. The 3 years prior to last year AP never cracked 87 yards per game.... a number that Barry easily surpassed every year the last 6 years of his career. So because Peterson had a monster year last season all of the sudden his new norm is 100 yards per game for the season even though he's done it once since 2008 and that was the only time he came close ? .... and I'm making assumptions ? lol yeah ok. Good luck to your boy, btw.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Vice and friends insisted Alex Avila was better than Mauer, because he hit for power and was cheaper. Now, stranded under .200, AA is seen for the two-bit catcher he is.. Meanwhile, the same type contract is now Justin Verlander's, and he is pitching like he is Brad Radke. Mauer's hair may be gorgeous, his twin girls karmic, but he is still one of the best hitters in the game, and will be for some time. No, he is not Miguel Cabrera, but he is eversomuch more than Avila. Minnesota will return to the top in a short while, and I promise, we will kick the dog when we get there.