• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is... Tigers had to over pay to start getting free agents... At this point they can get guys because they are a top team and guys want to win... the Pistons can still land players when they really try because of their history... but the Lions are in the same boat as the Vikings... it is what it is.. you just have to except that your state is not where athletes want to live unless they are from there.. and even then.. I am willing to bet Mauer plays some place else before he retires. I actually would be surprised if he doesn't get traded by the end of next year. If he wants a title.. he has to leave their.. he only has maybe 5 more years of decent production in him... then the twilight years. Twins aint gonna be winning anything on that timeline.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC sweeps doubleheader. Now Indians gotta win to gain 1 1/2 games

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie.. Rolling is a troll.. that is bitter with his team.. he goes on tigers gamecenters and spews filth on cbs all the time.. if the tigers are losing.. he will be there. Take his posts for what they are..

Avila is a better than league average defensive catcher, with hr power. Mauer may slap more hits... but look at this stat line from this year.

avila 73 games 253 AB 9 hr 36 rbi

mauer 109 games 428 ab 10 hr 44 rbi

All I can say is this... take away the batting average... and avila is holding his own in rbi and hr... and in almost half the at bats... that is sad.

Take away the beatting avg??! Wtf!

Avika had like 5 of those 9 within a 10-game span. The guy had a hotstreak and was still hitting under .200. He is garbage, defensively he isn't bad, but comparing him to mauer is just stupid :L

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too funny, this is where you hide now.....wow, a few people really don't like you...said you have taken up to hiding over here...so sad...my condolences to your spine...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wild... Zach Parise & Ryan Suter
The Vikings... Antoine Winfield
The Twins... Paul Molitor
The Wolves... Latrell Sprewell

Just off the top of my head... Sure some of those guys are a while back but I named some just the same. Who did the Tigers ever sign before they had an owner who was willing to spend whatever it took? Who the hell have the Lions ever signed? The Wings get great free agents cuz they are part of the original six and have been an amazing franchise, the Pistons also have a bit of a history so it's easy to bring in a FA or two. The Wolves start winning so will they.

The worst part is you claim the owners said to open the checkbook..

Learn to read and get back to me...

This above post is the reason people think you are a fucking clown, like somehow you win because the teams you root for (Tigers) signed a couple good free agents and the Twins haven't. The Twins have 2 Championships in my lifetime, how many do the Tigers have in yours?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Royals now 7-4 against the Tigers this year...tigers just not enjoying all these games left against a team with a team ERA better than the tigers...Tigers didn't do well against a great pitching staff the Giants had last year...good pitching beats average hitting plus Miggy. Teams have to start walking that guy soon.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just have to except that your state is not where athletes want to live unless they are from there..

This is ignorant even for you, like somehow Michigan is paradise and Minnesota is shitsville. As someone who has lived in both states I can say without question they are very similar and if I had to chose one to live in it would be Minnesota simply because it's cleaner.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too funny, this is where you hide now.....wow, a few people really don't like you...said you have taken up to hiding over here...so sad...my condolences to your spine...

LOL! Welcome to paradise bums :suds:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, omg, I just read that Avila is a "good" catcher...wow...Avila is a back up catcher on any other team in the Majors....nobody lets a .220 catcher play very long...well except a team who held onto Inge for ever...Rayburn, Boesch, Santiago, Kelly...think Inglesias was a good pick up...keeps Coke on a major league roster and really Bonderman and Al A are questionable...just got to wonder.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you are here to stalk me... thats cool...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Capt...nice to see you outside of CBS...see a few familiar faces...and many of them happy to read their posts...usually entertaining or factually....then some, not so much..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wild... Zach Parise & Ryan Suter
The Vikings... Antoine Winfield
The Twins... Paul Molitor
The Wolves... Latrell Sprewell

Just off the top of my head... Sure some of those guys are a while back but I named some just the same. Who did the Tigers ever sign before they had an owner who was willing to spend whatever it took? Who the hell have the Lions ever signed? The Wings get great free agents cuz they are part of the original six and have been an amazing franchise, the Pistons also have a bit of a history so it's easy to bring in a FA or two. The Wolves start winning so will they.

Learn to read and get back to me...

This above post is the reason people think you are a fucking clown, like somehow you win because the teams you root for (Tigers) signed a couple good free agents and the Twins haven't. The Twins have 2 Championships in my lifetime, how many do the Tigers have in yours?

Did you just claim Winfield and Latrell Sprewell as major free agents? LOL

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...just glad a few friendly people invited me over here....and by the way...been a member since April so don't get all sappy on me...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was BEFORE you came over....stalker, lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think Antoine Winfield was a top free agent? Were you alive when the Vikes signed him? Sprewell was what we needed at the time. Keep going ...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, omg, I just read that Avila is a "good" catcher...wow...Avila is a back up catcher on any other team in the Majors....nobody lets a .220 catcher play very long...well except a team who held onto Inge for ever...Rayburn, Boesch, Santiago, Kelly...think Inglesias was a good pick up...keeps Coke on a major league roster and really Bonderman and Al A are questionable...just got to wonder.

Isn't it funny how the same team that holds on to all these crap players has had a better record than the royals since avila has been a starter... and has been to the world series twice in the last 7 years? If the tigers have crap players.. lets talk the royals.. and their 27 yrs of not making the playoffs. They must have been loaded with good players all those years ahahahahahaahah.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is I was a member at CBS, before you, a member at sportshoopla, before you....yet you continue to call me the stalker....lol....just sad Vice...well, thats you in a nutshell...just sad.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont think Antoine Winfield was a top free agent? Were you alive when the Vikes signed him? Sprewell was what we needed at the time. Keep going ...

Sprewell was what you needed... now there is a statement you won't here again.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are here to stalk me... thats cool...
Might high opinion of himself the BC... Funny he was here before you...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bums.. i come here to talk baseball.. if you aren't going to do that.. i am not playing your game.. i will entertain it on cbs.. not here.