• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made me look pathetic? Really?

I'm sorry, you are right, it wasn't me it was you...

I guarantee you if the vikings, twins, or mens teams of minny, or the wild OR the timberwolves had won ANYTHING over the last 20 years.......you wouldnt be ROOTING for a womens college hockey team

You can guarantee huh? Wow, pretty high opinion of yourself there cleaves. I guess the next time I share something i'll run it by you first to see if it meets your standards...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, it is difficult now to pick one team because there is still so much time and match ups. I basically have it down to 6 teams out of the 10 making the playoffs. But you never know. It's nice to see who is playing who.

The Braves could be a very hard out(in first two rounds) if they get NL home field. They are great at home.

Or maybe I like the Rays chances of winning the world series as long as they don't face the Rangers?

Right now you can only really lay out the teams that look to have "enough". Personally I don't see it with the Rangers, A's, Pirates or Reds.

If I were to rank odds right now I would go...Cards, Sox, Tigers, braves, dodgers, rays.

But if the Rays and dodgers get healthy? Buchholz gets back? Miggy stays healthy and Verlander finds his form?

Its tough at this point. Right now Ill just predict the series I most want. Braves vs Rays.

I really don't mind any NL team though(of the 5 that are making the playoffs) and in the Al I really only hate the Red Sox and prefer the Rangers didnt win.

All im saying is...if its so easy to say team a wont win....then be a man and say who will.......if youre not sure who is going to win, then you shouldnt say who wont win....thats all im saying.....im not sitting here saying team a or team b wont win.....only the teams tht are pretty much out of contention OR cleveland since they will never win

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, you are right, it wasn't me it was you...

You can guarantee huh? Wow, pretty high opinion of yourself there cleaves. I guess the next time I share something i'll run it by you first to see if it meets your standards...

Yeah why dont you do that....now get back to your vhs recording of your 40-0 season. Thought we were talking real sports in here. Dam wait til dougie gets in here....UM has so many softball and debate and fencing titles. I guess minny fans cant win at anything tht matters tho eh?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved going to games in 03. We were horrible, but every Tigers fan at the game was a TIGERS fan. Got my tix to both games of the double header Friday, I won't be saying the same thing when some soccer mom in the row behind me asks where Peralta is. What can you do?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you were complaining so much about vice....i figured you were one of the people from cbs who hated him...you seem to not like him.....hes been ok on here lately.....he debates baseball......he doesnt get all personal on here. Just wondering where all the animosity towards him is coming from.

The only thing i get from vice is he loves the tigs and hates the royals.

I don't hate him or any of the Tigers fans, I do however hate being told my opinion is wrong and his or yours is right... Because womens hockey means nothing to you has to mean it should mean nothing to anyone? Thats fucking ridiculous...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, it is difficult now to pick one team because there is still so much time and match ups. I basically have it down to 6 teams out of the 10 making the playoffs. But you never know. It's nice to see who is playing who.

The Braves could be a very hard out(in first two rounds) if they get NL home field. They are great at home.

Or maybe I like the Rays chances of winning the world series as long as they don't face the Rangers?

Right now you can only really lay out the teams that look to have "enough". Personally I don't see it with the Rangers, A's, Pirates or Reds.

If I were to rank odds right now I would go...Cards, Sox, Tigers, braves, dodgers, rays.

But if the Rays and dodgers get healthy? Buchholz gets back? Miggy stays healthy and Verlander finds his form?

Its tough at this point. Right now Ill just predict the series I most want. Braves vs Rays.

I really don't mind any NL team though(of the 5 that are making the playoffs) and in the Al I really only hate the Red Sox and prefer the Rangers didnt win.

See......thats all it takes.......a decent post......instead of the usual "tigers suck" "tigers wont win"

Dodgers,tigers,cards,braves,red sox......thats my order now......might not mean shit come playoffs.....seems once playoffs start, nobody remembers which teams were good or great.....its whoever is winning game 1 game 5 or whatever game is being played.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved going to games in 03. We were horrible, but every Tigers fan at the game was a TIGERS fan. Got my tix to both games of the double header Friday, I won't be saying the same thing when some soccer mom in the row behind me asks where Peralta is. What can you do?

I remember some years similar to that in Kauffman stadium.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him or any of the Tigers fans, I do however hate being told my opinion is wrong and his or yours is right... Because womens hockey means nothing to you has to mean it should mean nothing to anyone? Thats fucking ridiculous...

Obviously nobody cares about womens hockey...but maybe a few thousand fans....hell i played in front of more fans then that in high school

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but maybe a few thousand fans....
So those people don't count? Let's move on shall we, you just aren't going to ever get it...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the soccer mom play college hockey? Let me stop. Nos likes womens hockey.....i remember when that chick from my hometown in mich flew to tokyo or somewhere to fight laila ali......her face looked like spaghetti....it was at that point where i no longer wanted to watch women play tough sports. Was ugly....and to top it off....she had to go back to work at the muskegon prison....they got on her bad there. Face took awhile to heal. Sorry toothless women dont interest me. At least in wwe they are hot!

Remember in 03 buying the cheap tix....waiting for people to sit down....then move on down to the good seats....ahhhh the dys of steve sparks and bobby higginson.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So those people don't count? Let's move on shall we, you just aren't going to ever get it...

Good! Now youre getting it.

Here lets try this......go make you a womens college hockey thread and see how many fans you get in there.....that way we keep the lil bitches off the real threads about the REAL sports...

Hint hint.....you might be all alone in that room.....maybe mrhockey will give u a courtesy post on it. I would think 40-0 would have all kinds of fan places to go chat.

I bet you call soccer football too eh?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also on the minny board unless the guy that posted about the lady gophers doesnt know what hes talking about, they didnt go 40-0......so if thats true.....you dont know about your own team.....so did they go 40-0 or have 5 losses?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34-5-2 is hardly 40-0..,......but maybe MISKO was wrong. I dont know. If my team went unbeaten, i would know, if they didnt i would know.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I need to do that. No need to create a thread to talk to little bitches when you are right here. I realize you are too stupid to understand this but you asked a question and I answered it, the answer made you look kinda like a fucking idiot so you attacked it and embellished upon it in an attempt to make yourself look less foolish.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good! Now youre getting it.

Here lets try this......go make you a womens college hockey thread and see how many fans you get in there.....that way we keep the lil bitches off the real threads about the REAL sports...

Hint hint.....you might be all alone in that room.....maybe mrhockey will give u a courtesy post on it. I would think 40-0 would have all kinds of fan places to go chat.

I bet you call soccer football too eh?

Cleaves the one thing you are not accepting is the initial question. I myself could really care less what the womens hockey team does, never even watched a game(or more than a few secs of one at least) but 40-0 is still impressive in sports. Anyways, your question was simply last time a team won. The question was answered. It may have been the lamest of all possible champions but it was still a correct answer to your question.

Everything is a matter of opinion. You can't cherry pick and deem certain answers quality.

Just a lame thing to have pages of discussion about. Everyone has opinions. Some glorify the past of their teams, some don't have a past. Some only care about right now. Some are satisfied with having a good season, some only want championships. It's all based on how you see things.

For me. I hate that the Vikings havnt won or its been forever for the Twins, but that doesn't change right now. I am spending my time watching sports in the present.

It may be fun to say Pistons have 3 championships in the last decade or so, but that doesn't change the fact they are a shitty team right now.

We should just get back to talking about his year and not worry about who deems what sport acceptable.

More on topic, Twins face Salazar tonight. Will get a chance to see this kids stuff. With the way we strike out hes probably licking his chops.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Yep. I went to eight or nine games in '03 despite 119 losses...

And I had fun because I love baseball, period.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inglesias just made one of the best plays i've seen all year. I think guys like Fister and Porcello are very happy to have him at short.