• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM is much more important to the team than manager... he is the one that controls the talent level. All managers due is set the lineup and figure when to use pitchers... and maybe cheer lead... believe it or not.. without hind sight... fans would suck much worse at calling who to use where. Ever notice how the Cards didn't miss a beat after one of the so called best managers of all time retired? I wonder why that is?

I just wish people could be more open with their intentions... Nosfer wants to feed a pile of steaming crap about the tigers not winning is fine.. he can even say its because of the manager and bullpen.. great.. but the truth is.. he said it because he wants the tigers to lose.. not because he believes the bullpen or manager will lose it for them. I am open with my hate for the royals.. who cares... i dislike them.. I just got sick of listening to idiot comments from fans that are like a beaten wife.. coming back for more beatings... Be open.. say you want them to lose to rub it in the face of people like me and doug.. thats great.. just don't feed me bs... then try to act holy... you guys are not saints around here.. so stop acting like you are.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM is much more important to the team than manager... he is the one that controls the talent level. All managers due is set the lineup and figure when to use pitchers... and maybe cheer lead... believe it or not.. without hind sight... fans would suck much worse at calling who to use where. Ever notice how the Cards didn't miss a beat after one of the so called best managers of all time retired? I wonder why that is?

I just wish people could be more open with their intentions... Nosfer wants to feed a pile of steaming crap about the tigers not winning is fine.. he can even say its because of the manager and bullpen.. great.. but the truth is.. he said it because he wants the tigers to lose.. not because he believes the bullpen or manager will lose it for them. I am open with my hate for the royals.. who cares... i dislike them.. I just got sick of listening to idiot comments from fans that are like a beaten wife.. coming back for more beatings... Be open.. say you want them to lose to rub it in the face of people like me and doug.. thats great.. just don't feed me bs... then try to act holy... you guys are not saints around here.. so stop acting like you are.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to give you a reason, if I said the Tigers wont win because shit is brown, take it and shut up. Who the hell are you that you demand answers from anyone, fact is I don't hate the Tigers and if they played the Red Sox in the ALCS I would root for the Tigers. You on the other hand are an idiot who says the same shit over and over thinking it makes you seem smart, why does everyone who comes in contact with you think you are a fool? Here's an answer for you, because you prove it everyday when you post.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit? Is he due to start blowing games? That could cripple the Tigers bullpen. In the playoffs we know Miggy and Prince will hit. Will Vmart hold up? Torii? Is the bottom of the lineup going to get the big knocks or fold?

You never know. Rays were hot two weeks ago. Tigers and Braves can't lose now. Cards are slumping. Dodgers have went from worst to first. It's still August.

First... Why would Benoit be due to start blowing saves? Look at his whip and era the last 4 years... he has been ridiculously good.. just because he is closing now doesn't change that.. saying he is due to start blowing saves would make more sense if he had a recent history of sucking... He has been one of the better set up men in mlb for the last 4 seasons.

Last... Its all about who gets hot at the right time.. The braves could win it.. I just dont put them with the best chance... I would say the best chances go to the dodgers, tigers, and cards.. after those teams.. its really just a case of the other teams players all clicking at the same time.. because as of right now.. over all the dodgers, cards, and tigers have been the best teams to this point in the season.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to give you a reason, if I said the Tigers wont win because shit is brown, take it and shut up. Who the hell are you that you demand answers from anyone, fact is I don't hate the Tigers and if they played the Red Sox in the ALCS I would root for the Tigers. You on the other hand are an idiot who says the same shit over and over thinking it makes you seem smart, why does everyone who comes in contact with you think you are a fool? Here's an answer for you, because you prove it everyday when you post.

LOL.. don't cry because you got clowned on bro... Its not my fault you decided to debate the great debater... if anyone took it and should shut up.. its you. Not all shit is brown bro.. so that is a bad reason anyways.

I demanded answer? I asked you for one... didn't demand... you could have not answered... you would have looked smarter if you did.

Way to attack me personally because you had no real answer and got clowned.. We were talking sports.. now you are attacking me personally? Is life treating you poorly lately? I am sorry bro... the twins will be better some day...

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to frame this on my wall... It is an epic melt down by a person that was defeated by tigers fans that out debated him.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L This has been rather comical for me to read.

Cmon moose...you gotta admit.....the lady college hockey team was a little lame....i know you are a royal fan, but dam at least you got kansas......if its one program outside of izzos i respect, its kansas.....i was so mad when they GAVE scUM that game in the tourney......its easy to hate duke, kentucky, or UNC, but ive always respected kansas hoop program.....even though they cheated us back in the days when we had skiles and KU had manning. But at least you didnt have to bring up KU's ladys equestrian team.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to debate someone who doesnt care what your answers are unless they match his answers, wasn't a debate it was you trying to force your opinions on me.

Attack you personally? Seriously, what the hell have you been doing for about 6 pages?

Looked smarter, like somehow a conversation with you could be confused with a civil back and forth?

No need for sorry man, I may like rippin' ya here but obviously this has no affect on either of our lives. Who knows maybe in real life you aren't an ass hole.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked, when was the last time a team I rooted for won anything, I answered it, it made you look pathetic and now you attack it to try and save face, nothing to be ashamed of little buddy...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First... Why would Benoit be due to start blowing saves? Look at his whip and era the last 4 years... he has been ridiculously good.. just because he is closing now doesn't change that.. saying he is due to start blowing saves would make more sense if he had a recent history of sucking... He has been one of the better set up men in mlb for the last 4 seasons.

Last... Its all about who gets hot at the right time.. The braves could win it.. I just dont put them with the best chance... I would say the best chances go to the dodgers, tigers, and cards.. after those teams.. its really just a case of the other teams players all clicking at the same time.. because as of right now.. over all the dodgers, cards, and tigers have been the best teams to this point in the season.

Cmon man be reasonable just once. I'm just going off of what you said about Ortiz not being a .330 hitter and Victorino having to come back to earth and so on.. You never know what guys are going to do, law of averages catch up but some have career years.

Benoit is 14/14 in saves in his first year as a closer. It isn't wrong to say he is due to blow some. His other two years with Tigers had ERA's of 2.95 and 3.68. Solid, but far cry's from his ERA now. Before that with the Rays he was great but that is it, he was pure ass the rest of his career. He gave up 14 homers last year, only 2 this year. Will it keep up or will the long balls come? We don't know.

I was just saying that if you are able to say Ortiz isn't what hes hitting like, benoit may not be what hes pitching like. Ortiz at least has a far superior track record.

I wasn't saying Benoit would blow games. Just saying based off what you said about the Sox, the same "Ifs" can apply with the Tigers, and really any other team.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't know my usual late night smack talk with Dougy would start a 6 page fire storm. Gonna rattle of some quick thoughts.

- Vice you are still a hypocrite. You get on twins fans about "taking Dougs bait", you just got all bent up in arms because I was messing with Doug saying the Kitties wont win it all and Verlander got rocked.

-There is a reason I do this really late at night. It is when Dougy comes on(probably waiting for his hungry man dinner to cook) and he is usually the only one posting. That way when I mess with Dougy I am not affecting the rest of the thread discussion. Cleaves understands this...Vice gets bent out of shape.

- I am with Nos on 1st is all the matters. Cmon, its true. Thats what you want. To win. Tigers fans say that Twins fans were all about "hey division titles are good" when we were winning. But at the same time back then all you guys would say was "Don't matter if your out in 1st round again". Now the scenarios have flipped. To me, you watch to win titles. Sometimes your teams suck and it isn't very enjoyable. I don't really apply this to college sports because players are there for 1-4 years. So much changes year to year.

- Cleaves, you are usually the sane tiger fan. You asked Nos a question, he answered. I don't get why you are getting so worked up. I understand Vice getting worked up because that is who he is. You asked when the most RECENT championship was. Nos said womens hockey. That is why mens hockey would not have been the answer. You didn't ask most recent he enjoyed or really celebrated. I also don't give the time of day to womens sports, but the Gophers and Lynx still recently won. That is a correct answer.

-I skimmed through and ignored most of Vice nonsense but picked up on him talking without knowing what hes saying as usual. "Braves can beat the Marlins but not good teams". Sorry to bust your balls dude but they have a a winning record against each of the other 4 teams currently in the NL playoffs.

Will they win a series? To be determined. But right now they have proven themselves.

-I don't think the Tigers win it all. I am not a hater. I just don't think they do. Maybe it is because teams like the Rays, Braves and Cards are ones I enjoy watching so I want to see them win but my opinion is the Tigers dont win. No matter what I think, it impacts them in absolutely zero way.

I understand the dougie thing...hell i bust his balls over the UM sparty rivalry.....i think dougie actually keeps this board entertained. He never gets personal. Just smack talk.

Sorry hockey as much as i like ya...i cant see putting a womens college hockey team down as your winner...i mean u can, but it just goes to show youre teams are losers...hell anyone can find a team that wins at something. Thats like saying im a 5 time fantasy football champ. Now if his daughter or something played, id give him a pass...but im wondering...how many lady gopher games has he attended or even watched.

I disagree about winning it all....its hard to win it all at any sport...especially since its a crap shoot now days. Remember the days when 2 AL teams and 2 NL teams made it? That almost made it certain a great team would win. I think theres a huge difference in getting put out of the first round every year, then making ALCS one year, then the WS only to lose the next.....and be in the running again this year.....a team that cant win in the playoffs would have thoughts of making big moves or shaking things up to get over that hump....if you are doing what the tigers have done the last 2 yrs and this year...most people know they are knocking on the doorstep.....if this team missed the playoffs, or lost in the first round, then id have to agree it was a disappointing season....but even if we make it back to the WS and lose it would be frustrating, but i still wouldnt consider it a disappointing season, once the pain of losing goes away. Theres alot of teams that havent won a WS in a long time...theres alot of teams who havent even been to a WS in a long time. Successful seasons and playoff runs means more money and support for the team next year.

I just have problems when people say i dont think the tigers will win it all. Like its easy to pick the winner.....only one team can win.....its easy to say team a or team b wont win....but tell me NOW.....Since youre telling me NOW that the tigers wont win....tell me NOW who will....not in 2 weeks....not in a month...not when WS starts. NOW ......lets see how much ya know.......i think its tigers and dodgers and dodgers win. Thats my honest opinion.....my heart says detroit....but the dodgers look like the NL version of detroit.

Would love a WS of detroit vs pitt......even tho i would like to get another shot at the cards.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did see where I said it's not all Tigers fans right? I hardly ever spent time on gametracker and when I did, I wasnt messed with. I honestly don't remember talking to you on there even once and the times I seen Vice on there he was fighting the world because he's such an idiot, didn't think the World needed my help.

I just don't understand why I am not allowed to have the opinion that the Tigers won't win the Series, is it really so fucking important to you that everyone thinks the Tigers are the greatest? You and the board cancer ask me questions and I answer them then you bash the answers and then you wonder why people hate Tigers fans. So the fact I think the lady Gophers going 40 - 0 and winning the Championship is pretty impressive is lame because you don't think it is? That's pretty stupid man. It only matters when you say it matters?

Cuz ive probably been on gamecenter less than 10 times

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but im wondering...how many lady gopher games has he attended or even watched.

How pathetic can you get? Now you are going to question if i'm really a fan? If you weren't prepared for the answer don't ask the question. You could have asked when was the last time the Wild, Wolves, Vikes or Twins won anything but you didn't you asked when was the last time a team I rooted for won, I happen to enjoy all sports and the fact the lady gophs went 40 - 0 is pretty damn impressive whether you think so or not. Sorry they weren't on your list of approved teams.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz ive probably been on gamecenter less than 10 times

Can't say it's been any more than that for me...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked, when was the last time a team I rooted for won anything, I answered it, it made you look pathetic and now you attack it to try and save face, nothing to be ashamed of little buddy...

You made me look pathetic? Really?

So you sit on your couch and ROOT for the lady gophers hockey team. Thats patetic my friend.....do you have a set of balls.....sorry im not a WNBA fan either. I dont enjoy watching bad basketball, or hockey.

I guarantee you if the vikings, twins, or mens teams of minny, or the wild OR the timberwolves had won ANYTHING over the last 20 years.......you wouldnt be ROOTING for a womens college hockey team. I would hope something at minny would be good......because the 2 money making sports there are PATHETIC!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon moose...you gotta admit.....the lady college hockey team was a little lame....i know you are a royal fan, but dam at least you got kansas......if its one program outside of izzos i respect, its kansas.....i was so mad when they GAVE scUM that game in the tourney......its easy to hate duke, kentucky, or UNC, but ive always respected kansas hoop program.....even though they cheated us back in the days when we had skiles and KU had manning. But at least you didnt have to bring up KU's ladys equestrian team.

I could be wrong as I haven't been here for very long, but it looked to me that he was simply answering the question. He listed the Womens College Hockey team probably because he went to Minnesota. I was happy when KU won a debate championship a couple years ago. Competitive Debate usually isn't nearly as compelling to me as Football or Basketball, nor do I exactly follow it, but I will always support KU through thick and thin regardless if it is Basketball, or some obscure "sport" not too many people care about. And boy, the football team has been some special sort of awful, but I still support them. After all, it isn't a "professional"

- Yes, I was pretty pissed off as well and extremely disappointed that KU lost to UM as I thought KU had a decent shot at the Title if they got past UM. I guess it isn't bad in the big picture, after all, UM was pretty damn good that year, but it still was disappointing as I felt like those Jayhawks could have done more. Those kind of games are just the way it rolls in the NCAA tournament, you WILL get unlucky sometimes, but you will get lucky sooner or later if you keep bringing in some good teams ( see 2008).

P.S. Can you tell Izzo to stop being our Kryptonite? MSU seems like the only team recently ( could be wrong ) that consistently has beaten KU in basketball. I respect everything Izzo has done there at MSU. I can't say I would feel comfortable as a fan strolling into East Lansing too often expecting a win.

I don't really see where your beef with him bringing up Womens College Hockey is coming from to be quite honest. Rooting for a school and all of its various programs isn't unheard of after all. It might not have the glitz and glamor football or even basketball have, but it still is a very successful season that can be celebrated if one chooses to.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How pathetic can you get? Now you are going to question if i'm really a fan? If you weren't prepared for the answer don't ask the question. You could have asked when was the last time the Wild, Wolves, Vikes or Twins won anything but you didn't you asked when was the last time a team I rooted for won, I happen to enjoy all sports and the fact the lady gophs went 40 - 0 is pretty damn impressive whether you think so or not. Sorry they weren't on your list of approved teams.

I was just wondering......i saw they set a record crowd of 6K plus........wondered if you were one of em. Sorry i didnt know womens college hockey meant so much to you....i like sports also....but between mens college football, basketball, even a lil bit of hockey and baseball.....nfl football, mlb baseball.....nhl hockey.....dont even care much for nba......hell wwe......arena football.......arena 2 football......minor league hockey......well i guess i dont have any time to follow womens college hockey......but if your teams suck at all the above sports, then i understand where you would be excited about a 40-0 team....but this is the first ive ever heard about them.....sorry they are in your fav 5.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves, it is difficult now to pick one team because there is still so much time and match ups. I basically have it down to 6 teams out of the 10 making the playoffs. But you never know. It's nice to see who is playing who.

The Braves could be a very hard out(in first two rounds) if they get NL home field. They are great at home.

Or maybe I like the Rays chances of winning the world series as long as they don't face the Rangers?

Right now you can only really lay out the teams that look to have "enough". Personally I don't see it with the Rangers, A's, Pirates or Reds.

If I were to rank odds right now I would go...Cards, Sox, Tigers, braves, dodgers, rays.

But if the Rays and dodgers get healthy? Buchholz gets back? Miggy stays healthy and Verlander finds his form?

Its tough at this point. Right now Ill just predict the series I most want. Braves vs Rays.

I really don't mind any NL team though(of the 5 that are making the playoffs) and in the Al I really only hate the Red Sox and prefer the Rangers didnt win.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just wondering......i saw they set a record crowd of 6K plus........wondered if you were one of em. Sorry i didnt know womens college hockey meant so much to you....i like sports also....but between mens college football, basketball, even a lil bit of hockey and baseball.....nfl football, mlb baseball.....nhl hockey.....dont even care much for nba......hell wwe......arena football.......arena 2 football......minor league hockey......well i guess i dont have any time to follow womens college hockey......but if your teams suck at all the above sports, then i understand where you would be excited about a 40-0 team....but this is the first ive ever heard about them.....sorry they are in your fav 5.

More deflection

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say it's been any more than that for me...

Well you were complaining so much about vice....i figured you were one of the people from cbs who hated him...you seem to not like him.....hes been ok on here lately.....he debates baseball......he doesnt get all personal on here. Just wondering where all the animosity towards him is coming from.

The only thing i get from vice is he loves the tigs and hates the royals.