• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. thats all you could come up with? The bullpen and Leyland? Leyland didn't stop the marlins from winning it in 97... and I doubt the bullpen in det is that much weaker than the other contenders at this point... I am thinking you pulled those reasons out of your ass.. why can you not just admit you don't want the tigers to win.. and that is why you said they won't.. you don't actually believe they won't win... you just hope they won't.

It's like talking to a 4 year old, you ask a question I give an answer and you bash the answer. It's opinion dumbass.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many colleges even have a womens hockey team? Like 6?

Ahahahahahah really...what girl says i wanna grow up and play hockey....bet them some ugly toothless women.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone asks you what have your teams ever done......and you come back with ladys college hockey? Kinda lame.

You asked when was the last time a team I rooted for won anything, I simply answered the question, sorry you didn't like the answer.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like talking to a 4 year old, you ask a question I give an answer and you bash the answer. It's opinion dumbass.

I like how he acts like the answers he gives are his actual beliefs... we know you are a tigers hater... just say it... say you don't want them to win because you hate them and their fans.. I would respect you more.. the fact you keep using crazy answers to divert your true thoughts if great... all you have to do is tell the truth.. it will set you free nosfer.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahahahahahah really...what girl says i wanna grow up and play hockey....bet them some ugly toothless women.
Hahaha, stay classy buddy...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the lady gophers had a weak coach and a weak back up goalie.....a lil thin at the red lines......but hey!!!! THEY ARE NOSFERS NUMBER ONE TEAM.....THE ONLY WINNER HE HAS HAD SINCE 91.......well unless the debate team squeaked that one out back in 94.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked when was the last time a team I rooted for won anything, I simply answered the question, sorry you didn't like the answer.

I rooted for Joey Chestnut to win the hot dog eating championship... Just curious.. does that have more weight that a womens hockey title? I am not sure...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know you are a tigers hater... just say it... say you don't want them to win because you hate them and their fans.. I would respect you more..

I actually don't hate the Tigers, when I lived in Michigan, I rooted for them when they weren't playing the Twins. I don't hate their fans, some of them are just fucking stupid.

Yeah, because your respect means so much to me.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, stay classy buddy...

Classy as in hating a whole fan base because someone messed on you on gametracker....never understood that gametracker....that was some peoples lives.

I agree vice...when the white sox were decent....i hated them because i just did....i rooted against them, but i wouldnt just make shit up to say why they wouldnt win.....same with the yankees.

One thing to just hate a team...but once you say this team is this or this team is that and they wont win this or that is funny....especially a team as good as detroit.....i think its hard to win a WS....i believe the best team hardly ever wins anymore. Couple bad games, and season over....sort of the way the twins have been lately in the playoffs

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't hate the Tigers, when I lived in Michigan, I rooted for them when they weren't playing the Twins. I don't hate their fans, some of them are just fucking stupid.

Yeah, because your respect means so much to me.

I think it does mean something to you... you seem to keep trying to prove you are not a tigers hater... for what ever reason... Because you can't give me a legit reason to say the tigers wont win the WS based on actual facts... you list the bullpen and manager.. because you had to pull something out of your ass to save face... what about the bullpen or manager? To have such a strong opinion but such general supporting facts.. its seems like you may be holding something back... what is that? Hate? Trolling a winning fan base? Which one? Maybe both.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't know my usual late night smack talk with Dougy would start a 6 page fire storm. Gonna rattle of some quick thoughts.

- Vice you are still a hypocrite. You get on twins fans about "taking Dougs bait", you just got all bent up in arms because I was messing with Doug saying the Kitties wont win it all and Verlander got rocked.

-There is a reason I do this really late at night. It is when Dougy comes on(probably waiting for his hungry man dinner to cook) and he is usually the only one posting. That way when I mess with Dougy I am not affecting the rest of the thread discussion. Cleaves understands this...Vice gets bent out of shape.

- I am with Nos on 1st is all the matters. Cmon, its true. Thats what you want. To win. Tigers fans say that Twins fans were all about "hey division titles are good" when we were winning. But at the same time back then all you guys would say was "Don't matter if your out in 1st round again". Now the scenarios have flipped. To me, you watch to win titles. Sometimes your teams suck and it isn't very enjoyable. I don't really apply this to college sports because players are there for 1-4 years. So much changes year to year.

- Cleaves, you are usually the sane tiger fan. You asked Nos a question, he answered. I don't get why you are getting so worked up. I understand Vice getting worked up because that is who he is. You asked when the most RECENT championship was. Nos said womens hockey. That is why mens hockey would not have been the answer. You didn't ask most recent he enjoyed or really celebrated. I also don't give the time of day to womens sports, but the Gophers and Lynx still recently won. That is a correct answer.

-I skimmed through and ignored most of Vice nonsense but picked up on him talking without knowing what hes saying as usual. "Braves can beat the Marlins but not good teams". Sorry to bust your balls dude but they have a a winning record against each of the other 4 teams currently in the NL playoffs.

Will they win a series? To be determined. But right now they have proven themselves.

-I don't think the Tigers win it all. I am not a hater. I just don't think they do. Maybe it is because teams like the Rays, Braves and Cards are ones I enjoy watching so I want to see them win but my opinion is the Tigers dont win. No matter what I think, it impacts them in absolutely zero way.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy as in hating a whole fan base because someone messed on you on gametracker....never understood that gametracker....that was some peoples lives.

I agree vice...when the white sox were decent....i hated them because i just did....i rooted against them, but i wouldnt just make shit up to say why they wouldnt win.....same with the yankees.

One thing to just hate a team...but once you say this team is this or this team is that and they wont win this or that is funny....especially a team as good as detroit.....i think its hard to win a WS....i believe the best team hardly ever wins anymore. Couple bad games, and season over....sort of the way the twins have been lately in the playoffs

Never been one to hate the winning teams... I respect them.. not a yankee fan.. but you have to respect them.. otherwise you are just a jealous little man... i respected the white sox team in its hey day.. I actually like Ozzie... the only teams fans I hate are Ohio State and Royals fans. I like to mess with Clev fans but they are born losers and not worth more than a few pot shots at best...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You did see where I said it's not all Tigers fans right? I hardly ever spent time on gametracker and when I did, I wasnt messed with. I honestly don't remember talking to you on there even once and the times I seen Vice on there he was fighting the world because he's such an idiot, didn't think the World needed my help.

I just don't understand why I am not allowed to have the opinion that the Tigers won't win the Series, is it really so fucking important to you that everyone thinks the Tigers are the greatest? You and the board cancer ask me questions and I answer them then you bash the answers and then you wonder why people hate Tigers fans. So the fact I think the lady Gophers going 40 - 0 and winning the Championship is pretty impressive is lame because you don't think it is? That's pretty stupid man. It only matters when you say it matters?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you seem to keep trying to prove you are not a tigers hater...

I'm really not trying to prove anything, I don't hate the Tigers, whether you think so or not makes no difference.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, now Nos is pulling answers out of his ass Vice?

This is ridiculous. You just keep asking questions that he is answering and you have a different excuse every time for why they don't work.

News flash for you. As Cleaves said, anything can go in the playoffs. There doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason for who you pick to win in the playoffs. They have talent, they could win.

Maybe it's Tigers decent bullpen or a bad move by leyland that screws the Tigers. Or maybe its the Red Sox equally loaded lineup that pounds the Tigers. The Rays get healthy and their pitching staff goes on another two week heater of shutting teams down.

All these teams have ways to win or lose, it isn't hating, it is simple baseball knowledge. You are so obsessed with people thinking the Tigers will win. Why does it matter to you so much? There, a question for you.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I don't think the Tigers win it all. I am not a hater. I just don't think they do. Maybe it is because teams like the Rays, Braves and Cards are ones I enjoy watching so I want to see them win but my opinion is the Tigers dont win. No matter what I think, it impacts them in absolutely zero way.

I have to say this was the smartest post by a non tigers fan today... I applaud your honesty... We all have opinions... They are meaningless.. We will see who wins in a few weeks... that is all...

Oh.. and being in Miami.. I see the Braves often.. They are a swing and miss team... Against good pitching.. they struggle.. which is why the marlins have been good against them even though their offense is so weak... The Braves have middle of the road starting pitching and hitters that swing at anything... That is not the recipe to win a title... but once again.. my opinion.. at least its based on non biased facts..

Rays will go as their starters go.. the starters have struggled the last week.. and the team has lost many of their games the last week... they don't have the offense to bail them out if their starter is put in a 3 or 4 run hole.

Players on the red sox were playing over their head.. Victorino is due to start to be himself.. and Ortiz is NOT a .330 hitter... their bullpen is as weak or weaker than the tigers... and their starters are not reliable...

there is a low down on three of the teams you think have a better chance.. with actual reasons unbiased... now if nosfer wants to try to do the same with the tigers... i am game for discussion.. but being a fan of a rival team just saying they will not win.. just because... then flinging something at the wall to see if it would stick.. lol.. that is weak sauce.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, now Nos is pulling answers out of his ass Vice?

This is ridiculous. You just keep asking questions that he is answering and you have a different excuse every time for why they don't work.

News flash for you. As Cleaves said, anything can go in the playoffs. There doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason for who you pick to win in the playoffs. They have talent, they could win.

Maybe it's Tigers decent bullpen or a bad move by leyland that screws the Tigers. Or maybe its the Red Sox equally loaded lineup that pounds the Tigers. The Rays get healthy and their pitching staff goes on another two week heater of shutting teams down.

All these teams have ways to win or lose, it isn't hating, it is simple baseball knowledge. You are so obsessed with people thinking the Tigers will win. Why does it matter to you so much? There, a question for you.

So if you ask me why I think the braves will not win the title.... and I respond.. with .. manager and bullpen... that is a legit answer? LOL... That was a bs answer he pulled out of his ass because i kept on him to bring an actual reason for his opinion... saying the manager will be the reason they wont win is as easy as saying the team will lose because the other team will score more points... managers rarely lose games.. or win them for that matter.. you could take the manager from the twins and put him with the tigers.. and they would have almost the same record if not the same... Most fans will not except this.. but there has never been a season that a team that should have won the WS lost because of the manager... and there never will be...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about the Braves have a very swing an miss heavy lineup but they still have been able to compete against good teams. While the K a lot and have many "all or nothing guys" they have a very deep team. Gattis can't even play everyday. BJ Upton won't stay dreaful for ever or maybe he will. But as you said with Red Sox players, same applies for BJ the other way. Braves staff isn't lights out but Teheran, Medlen, Minor, Beachy(still needs to prove more), Maholm. That is a solid staff. They have the best bullpen as well.

Rays do need to get healthy and heavily realy on pitching. Rodney keeps blowing games, that needs to be sorted out. But dont confuse this team with most rays team. They actually have a lineup that can pick up the starters unlike other years.

Red Sox are also deep and talented. While maybe playing over there heads that doesn't mean they sink, players have "career years"

The scariest team is the Cards they have a lineup that is deadly and one that would love to make that jump to get the DH. But also one that can play without it. Tigers would lose a bat.

I think the AL is deeper but in terms of the 5 teams sent to the playoffs the NL has 5 very good clubs.

It is hard to pick one winner right now. Red Sox, Tigers, Rays....Dodgers, Cards, Braves. I think all 6 of those teams have very strong cases and the champ will be one of them.

Benoit? Is he due to start blowing games? That could cripple the Tigers bullpen. In the playoffs we know Miggy and Prince will hit. Will Vmart hold up? Torii? Is the bottom of the lineup going to get the big knocks or fold?

You never know. Rays were hot two weeks ago. Tigers and Braves can't lose now. Cards are slumping. Dodgers have went from worst to first. It's still August.