• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact they are 12th of 15 teams in AL at scoring runners from 3rd base with less than two out on the season. In fact, very mediocre.

Link:

2012 American League PH/HR/Situ Hitting - Baseball-Reference.com

As far as A Jax goes, your point is well taken but even the most potent offense can benefit from a guy being able go work his way into scoring position by stealing and not necessitating a sacrifice that costs an out. This is even more true with such robust batters coming up.

Well.. I guess I was wrong.. never looked up the stats.. I am not going to nit pick the tigers offense though.. they are not going to win every game.. so honestly.. not that worried about that stat.

I agree in situations AJAX needs to be able to steal a base.. but its a rare situation.. late in a game.. with no outs.. do you send him so he can get to second and risk the out... or see if hunter can move him up or drive him in.. then you have miggy up next.. where it really doesn't matter if he is on second as much... All in all.. I am not going to complain to much about the tigers offense until it is sustained losing.. losing a couple of games in NY after a 12 game streak isn't the end of the world.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as A Jax goes, your point is well taken but even the most potent offense can benefit from a guy being able go work his way into scoring position by stealing and not necessitating a sacrifice that costs an out. This is even more true with such robust batters coming up. And even more so considering that Miggy hits into a lot of dp's that could be avoided.

Just my opinion.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. I guess I was wrong.. never looked up the stats.. I am not going to nit pick the tigers offense though.. they are not going to win every game.. so honestly.. not that worried about that stat.

I agree in situations AJAX needs to be able to steal a base.. but its a rare situation.. late in a game.. with no outs.. do you send him so he can get to second and risk the out... or see if hunter can move him up or drive him in.. then you have miggy up next.. where it really doesn't matter if he is on second as much... All in all.. I am not going to complain to much about the tigers offense until it is sustained losing.. losing a couple of games in NY after a 12 game streak isn't the end of the world.

:agree:

Yep. All in all this offense is still really good.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, since there was a movie, I guess it does mean something. LOL

A hard on? Maybe you should change the thread title to if you don't blindly accept that the Tigers are winning the World Series don't post here!

Who gives a shit what they have done this decade, you asked me a question and I answered it. What the hell is wrong with you? You bash peoples opinions, that makes you a moron.

Getting mad? Yeah you got a hard on for the rays....how else did the rays end up on the al smack talk? You brought em up....u can have your opinion....i have no problem.....but be a man.....if youre going to tell tiger fans how YOU dont think they will win it all....at least give us ONE team who you think will......so we can see how smart you are, when they do win it......bet you picked the giants last yr eh?

Only twins fans think its great to win a division, but yet a disappointing season winning the AL PENNANT.

So is making a final 4 in your book disappointing?

This is coming from a viking, twins and gopher fan.......wow........no wonder why u are so mad.......whens the last time u had a team win it all?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with about 100 ID's. You are an idiot no matter how the Tigers are doing. I stand corrected.

You know how many of those 100s were not me.. just someone playing off my name? You have no idea... how many people do that on cbs.. its funny.. if you go on the gamecenter tonight.. there will be at least 2 guys on there trying to either say they are me.. or have a name that mimics mine... I am a legend there. People want to be me.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in 2008 the boards had the same tiger fans on cbs as now.....the tigers finished dead last in 08, but yet finished 3rd in al attendance.....at the time was a franchise record.....and a last place team.
They won 183 games the previous two seasons, and were two years removed from a World Series appearance.

Win or lose detroit fans have always supported the tigers.....

Year three and four of comerica, less than 19,000 and 17,000 a game. So no, not always. Year three and four target field. 34,000 and 31,000.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bash? I would say its more defending the tigers fan base.. which you have been bashing.. than bashing the twins fans.. We don't care about twins fans.. or their opinions.. they are meaningless.. quite trying to make yourself out to be the victim.. this all started from a TWINS FAN.. trolling a TIGERS FAN.. not the other way around.

All twins have left is saying "the tigers wont win it all"........since their team cant contend with ours anymore. Its all jealousy....if cleveland had detroits team.....injun fans like shano kinik and fighclub would be everywhere and the shitty team fans like the twins would THEN hate them...

Sad fans cant watch their team and be happy and root....they have fans like nos who are not happy unless their team wins it all......and we ALL know the twins are years and years and years and years before they willever compete for a WS. As long as the yanks are in the AL, the twins arent going anywhere....just the sight of that NY makes the twins shit their pants...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to see ajax steal more when he leads off with a single.....get him to 2nd with no outs....hunter gets him over if not in and miggy gets a cheap RBI.....if they walk miggy....then we have the chance you wanted for a big inning. But like we said...getting a man on 3rd with less doesnt guarantee a run with this team.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said ALL Tigers fans were bad, in fact Cleaves and I got along for the most part, up until now anyhow. broncosmitty is a good guy, actually invited him to play in my fantasy baseball league this year.

I guess I just didn't realize only Tigers fans opinions count, the rest of us are just hating on the greatest team in MLB history.

Prime example of why Tigers fans are hated...

Sorry, I love the Twins i'm here for the good and the bad, not something we can really say about Tigers fans.

Pretty sure this was you posting these fruitful comments nosfer.. and pretty sure they are a shot at all tigers fans...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least give us ONE team who you think will......
I gave three, when we get closer to playoff time, i'll have stronger opinions, alot can happen the next month and a half.

bet you picked the giants last yr eh?

Only in the World Series.

So is making a final 4 in your book disappointing?

Making the final 4 is great, whats your point?

This is coming from a viking, twins and gopher fan.......wow........no wonder why u are so mad.......whens the last time u had a team win it all?

The Minnesota Lady Golden Gophers hockey team, this year, your turn???

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 183 games the previous two seasons, and were two years removed from a World Series appearance.

Year three and four of comerica, less than 19,000 and 17,000 a game. So no, not always. Year three and four target field. 34,000 and 31,000.

Doesnt matter...you said if the tigers lost 100 games tigers fans wouldnt be here. Nothing about what they did the year before. But anyways, who cares wht they did the year before......its mid july and they suck......but yet fans bought tickets....in august.....bought tickets.....in sept bought tickets.

So now your going back 10 years? That was before mr I cared about the tigers...he was still spending on the wings. I like how people pick and choose stats. Years 3 and 4? Why years 3and 4? Wasnt one of those years the tigs 120 loss season?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow.. you really are trying hard today aren't you? LOL.. The fact the tigers got 19,000 and 17,000 to the games those years is amazing with how bad the team was back then.. The Indians are barely getting 20,000 and their team is winning... Seriously.. as bad as the twins are this year.. they are no where near as bad as the tigers were back then.. and as sad as it is.. every fan base is a majority of people that come out when the team is winning.. its just more fun at the park. Its teams like KC, Clev, Tampa and others that are winning yet have horrible attendance that you can bash.. you can't really bash teams for not wanting to pay to see their teams lose. If an owner makes an investment into a team and they are fun to watch.. and they win some.. people come out.. det back in the early 00's was a gross team that nobody wanted to pay to see. TV maybe.. tickets.. only when they were free.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave three, when we get closer to playoff time, i'll have stronger opinions, alot can happen the next month and a half.

Did you really just use the ladies hockey team as a bragging point?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All twins have left is saying "the tigers wont win it all"........since their team cant contend with ours anymore. Its all jealousy....

This isn't an us vs you cleaves, I simply don't think the Tigers win the Series, just as I didn't last year and said so many times. Has nothing to do with Jealousy. I got to enjoy two World Series Championships in my life, that was excellent, can't ever take it away.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I brag? He asked a question I answered it.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why years 3and 4? Wasnt one of those years the tigs 120 loss season?

Yes. Year 3 was 106 losses. Year 4 (2003) was the 119 loss season. Hard to blame fans for not showing up then. Also, years 3 and 4 at the CoPa were the 9th and 10th consecutive losing seasons for the Tigers. Way to cherry-pick those seasons, Nos.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.. you really are trying hard today aren't you? LOL.. The fact the tigers got 19,000 and 17,000 to the games those years is amazing with how bad the team was back then.. The Indians are barely getting 20,000 and their team is winning... Seriously.. as bad as the twins are this year.. they are no where near as bad as the tigers were back then.. and as sad as it is.. every fan base is a majority of people that come out when the team is winning.. its just more fun at the park. Its teams like KC, Clev, Tampa and others that are winning yet have horrible attendance that you can bash.. you can't really bash teams for not wanting to pay to see their teams lose. If an owner makes an investment into a team and they are fun to watch.. and they win some.. people come out.. det back in the early 00's was a gross team that nobody wanted to pay to see. TV maybe.. tickets.. only when they were free.

Ok, again he made a statement I proved it wrong. The end...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Year 3 was 106 losses. Year 4 (2003) was the 119 loss season. Hard to blame fans for not showing up then. Also, years 3 and 4 at the CoPa were the 9th and 10th losing consecutive losing seasons for the Tigers. Way to cherry-pick those seasons, Nos.
Not cherry picking, the Twins are in year 4 of target field and I compared what the Tigers were doing in the same situation and in case you havent noticed the Twins are about to lose 90+ for the 3rd straight season and are still averaging over 31,000 a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gave me THREE? Give me ONE! Youre quick to say detroit wont win....give me ONE NOW. How about just wait for the WS. Flip a coin.....and hey, then you could tell everyone.....I PICKED THE WINNER!!!!

At least dougie is picking his winner NOW. Not later.....you know so much.....why wait? Gotta make sure the rays make it?

Making the final 4 is great? But its not winning it all.....so is making the WS great?

Bwahahahahaha the guy gave me the lady golden gophers hockey team....im sorry i have NEVER watched a womens college hockey game.

My turn? I was at michigan sts 2000 national championship rooting my spartans on......witnessed 5 red wing stanley cups.......3 piston ships....only 1 tiger WS........ sorry i went to MSU.....but i dont care to look up womens chess, womens debate, or anything else like that....sorry i follow the 4 major sports and hoops and football in college. Im sure the women winning was huge, since their mens program is a joke at the big sports.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats bad aint it?

Hell Northwestern has one helluva lacrosse team here in chicago.

Just wondering......what kind of crowd does womens hockey draw?