• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many men LOB once again....team cannot hit with men on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Oh well still up 7 and on to chicago....keep counting them games down.....time is now on our side. Hopefully we will be getting infante back soon.

:agree:

They are pathetic in getting a runner in from 3rd with less than two out.

We could really use a base running coach for Austin Jackson and newcomer Jose Iglesias. Austin is really fast but does not have a clue about how to lead off first base or get any kind of jump. Jose is just young but really talented.

All in all though, they are still on a very impressive run that will only improve when Infante is finally healthy again and when the real Prince Fielder reappears.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers just won 12 straight and the guy is posting this to get a reaction from Doug...

Funny, you defend dougie when he does it but when it's someone else it's trolling.

He doesn't really believe what he is posting..

Are you sure? I mean I can't speak for hockey but when I say I don't think the Tigers will win the World Series I mean it.

I guess I just didn't realize only Tigers fans opinions count, the rest of us are just hating on the greatest team in MLB history.

Prime example of why Tigers fans are hated...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

They are pathetic in getting a runner in from 3rd with less than two out.

We could really use a base running coach for Austin Jackson and newcomer Jose Iglesias. Austin is really fast but does not have a clue about how to lead off first base or get any kind of jump. Jose is just young but really talented.

All in all though, they are still on a very impressive run that will only improve when Infante is finally healthy again and when the real Prince Fielder reappears.

Tigers are one of the best scoring teams in the MLB... I am sure if you look up the stats.. they are not that horrible at getting the running in from third with less than two outs... just a guess.. last few days? yes... on the season.. no. As for base running... if you are talking base stealing... Leyland doesn't have runners attempt many steals... especially Jackson.. because he has Hunter hitting .310+ behind him and the god of baseball after Hunter... risking an out when you have Hunter, Miggy, Prince, and VMart hitting behind you is not playing the odds... out of the look at the rbi numbers of those 4 and tell me Leyland is wrong.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on the RISP < 2 outs stats. I do know that the Red Sox and Tigers are 1st and 2nd in the AL in 2-out RBIs. The Tigers and Red Sox also have the highest BAs and OBPs in the lead, so not surprisingly, they are also 1-2 in LOBs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, you defend dougie when he does it but when it's someone else it's trolling.

Are you sure? I mean I can't speak for hockey but when I say I don't think the Tigers will win the World Series I mean it.

I guess I just didn't realize only Tigers fans opinions count, the rest of us are just hating on the greatest team in MLB history.

Come on bro... you are not going to tell me those comments by Hockey were not intended on rubbing doug's nose in the tigers loss. I am sure you will post something spinning it like you did with this last post.. but seriosusly.. If you want to talk no heart.. why is he not talking about the team in Cle.. that just soiled its trousers? You guys opinion that the tigers don't make the ws is fine.. could care less.. your opinions is not needed for the tigers to make it. You hate tigers fans because there are a lot of us.. and we are loyal to our team... we do not befriend other teams fans just to make a pal like capto.. we come here to talk about our team.. we have friends in real life.. hate me and the rest of tigers fans all you want.. i am not losing sleep.. as for your pal hockey... I can't wait to see how you defend your buddy next... this is gonna be good..

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure? I mean I can't speak for hockey but when I say I don't think the
Tigers will win the World Series I mean it.

Certainly room for argument and opinion regarding the Tigers W.S. chances. I only objected to the "no heart" comment because (1) Mr. Hockey has no clue about the Tigers' heart, and (2) it appeared to be written just to get a rise out of Doug.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers may not make the WS... They may make it... Out of the 15 teams in the AL... Tigers have to have one of the highest.. if not highest percentage shots to win it.. and according to vegas.. they do have the highest shot... so that being said they certainly have a better shot than the twins.. which is fact not opinion.. your opinion is like a b hole.. every one has one..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate tigers fans because there are a lot of us.. and we are loyal to our team... we do not befriend other teams fans just to make a pal like capto.. we come here to talk about our team...

Kinda funny.... as soon as CaptO jumps off the Indians' bandwagon and declares the Red Sox are his team, the Sox lose 3 of 4 from the Royals.

:doh:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a dum post nos.....fans crack me up when they act like its easy to win it all......its hard to win it all. Only ONE team can win it all.....a few bad games in the playoffs and.....goodbye......its easy to say you dont think a team will win a WS. how about telling us ONE team that will......and see how close they come.....texas was world beaters last year....favorites thru most of the year....then they fell to the WC and lost ONE game....right now everyones talking red sox, tigers, braves, and dodgers.....for all we know when it rolls around it could be balt vs pitt.....something crazy.......whoever gets hot will win the WS....the cards and giants won the last 2....and they werent killing teams in the reg season. In fact i bet people didnt think they were going to win it all either.

easy you say the tigers wont win....well i dont think the rays will win....or the twins.....or the injuns......or the royals.......AT LEAST THE TIGERS WILL HAVE A CHANCE. they have proved they are not minny....they can win a series or 2 in the playoffs in this decade. Im just glad we have a chance. Not worrying about whos gonna be a stud from our minors.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I read this... the more I see jealousy... LOL.. nobody here said they were the greatest team in MLB history.. Twins fans crack me up.. they used to run their mouths so much when they were winning the division.. and now they are basement dwellers.. they are pouting and crying about other teams fans... to funny... not to fun being out of the race in july is it nosfer... i guess you have to find some way to pass the time with what is left of a meaningless season at target field.

Quest trolled harder than Dougie ever will... just sayin'.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny.... as soon as CaptO jumps off the Indians' bandwagon and declares the Red Sox are his team, the Sox lose 3 of 4 from the Royals.

:doh:

Its called Karma... loyalty is not something to throw away.. capto is going to get to watch two teams poop the bed this year.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly room for argument and opinion regarding the Tigers W.S. chances. I only objected to the "no heart" comment because (1) Mr. Hockey has no clue about the Tigers' heart, and (2) it appeared to be written just to get a rise out of Doug.

That may be true, BUT... Just about every post from dougie is intended to get under people's skin. Why is ok for him and not hockey?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are one of the best scoring teams in the MLB... I am sure if you look up the stats.. they are not that horrible at getting the running in from third with less than two outs... just a guess.. last few days? yes... on the season.. no. As for base running... if you are talking base stealing... Leyland doesn't have runners attempt many steals... especially Jackson.. because he has Hunter hitting .310+ behind him and the god of baseball after Hunter... risking an out when you have Hunter, Miggy, Prince, and VMart hitting behind you is not playing the odds... out of the look at the rbi numbers of those 4 and tell me Leyland is wrong.

They have alot of hits....thats why they score alot....but they do struggle with getting a man in with less than 2 outs, while leading the league in avg with 2 outs...they are up there with risp with 2 outs also.

I forgot where i seen it...think on the tigers pregame....but they were mentioning ajax needs to keep learning about "being smarter" on the base paths.

Vice as much as u watch the tigs, i cant believe u dont think tigs struggle with men on 3rd and less than 2....seems its always DP, K, or pop up, or short fly.......but alot of times the next guy up comes thru and gets the 2 out hit. Alot of chances gives you alot of failures.

Baseball....a sport of failure.....fail 70% of the time and you are still a 300 hitter

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read this... the more I see jealousy... LOL.. nobody here said they were the greatest team in MLB history.. Twins fans crack me up.. they used to run their mouths so much when they were winning the division.. and now they are basement dwellers.. they are pouting and crying about other teams fans... to funny... not to fun being out of the race in july is it nosfer... i guess you have to find some way to pass the time with what is left of a meaningless season at target field.

Quest trolled harder than Dougie ever will... just sayin'.

It's not jealousy although I can understand you thinking it is.

You never once seen me running my mouth so don't lump me in with those people.

Crying about other teams fans? Who's crying? Just pointing out why there is so much hatred for you.

Sorry, I love the Twins i'm here for the good and the bad, not something we can really say about Tigers fans.

Quest is an idiot.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dum post nos.....fans crack me up when they act like its easy to win it all......its hard to win it all. Only ONE team can win it all.....a few bad games in the playoffs and.....goodbye......its easy to say you dont think a team will win a WS. how about telling us ONE team that will......and see how close they come.....texas was world beaters last year....favorites thru most of the year....then they fell to the WC and lost ONE game....right now everyones talking red sox, tigers, braves, and dodgers.....for all we know when it rolls around it could be balt vs pitt.....something crazy.......whoever gets hot will win the WS....the cards and giants won the last 2....and they werent killing teams in the reg season. In fact i bet people didnt think they were going to win it all either.

easy you say the tigers wont win....well i dont think the rays will win....or the twins.....or the injuns......or the royals.......AT LEAST THE TIGERS WILL HAVE A CHANCE. they have proved they are not minny....they can win a series or 2 in the playoffs in this decade. Im just glad we have a chance. Not worrying about whos gonna be a stud from our minors.

Great post cleaves...

But I doubt the Braves make the WS... way to many free swingers in that lineup.. they may beat teams like Miami with no offense or the fecal mets... but when they get into a playoff series... against teams like the dodgers or cards that have great pitching.. they are going to k like its their job. I still think it will be the Cards this year out of the NL.. nobody is talking about them.. but they are one of the best teams in the MLB and have possibly the best pitching depth out of anyone from starter to closer... My guess is Tigers vs Cards/Dodgers for those that like opinions (nosfer, hockey).

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of cyber world there arent many tiger haters.....but most of the great teams are hated for being good........funny...on cbs...there were like 70 comments on the game recap yesterday.....gotta love the attention were getting......means we are doing something right.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, BUT... Just about every post from dougie is intended to get under people's skin. Why is ok for him and not hockey?

Doug is like Quest... if you want to be lumped into that category.. go for it and post stuff like that.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In early august last year i wonder how many people thought the giants would win the WS.....or the year before when the cards barely got into the playoffs....how many people were thinking they would win?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I say I could care less about the Reg season stats Cleaves.. I don't care if miggy wins another mvp or triple crown.. I want a WS title to shut up the haters.. MVPs and Triple crowns don't do the job. All I know is this.. the team that gets hot at the right time wins.. period.. end of story.. I will take the nice 12 gamer we got to get some breathing room.. but if the tigers do nothing more than hold off the other teams at this point.. i am fine with that.. let the bats get hot in Oct... that is all I care about at this point.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said the Tigers didn't have a chance, obviously the Twins aren't winning it, it's funny you guys bash fans who leave when their team sucks and bash the fans that don't leave when their team sucks.

Winning a series or two this decade? Who has more World Series Championships the last decade? Yep, it's a tie both teams have ZERO. Obviously it's fun for Tigers fans right now because the team is looking great, I guess it's just this it's a done deal mentality most Tigers fans have that bothers me. Win something then brag until then shut up and enjoy the ride.

I think the Tigers have a shot, just don't think when it matters they will, Braves, Dodgers and Rays, I believe one of those teams win it...