• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez was 17 for 19 in save opportunities until the 1st game against Detroit. I'd say that is pretty good. He had 11 saves in a row prior to the blown save against Detroit.

Shaw wasn't put in the game til the 12th inning. Who do you want Tito to put in the game? Detroit had to put in Jeremy Bonderman to pitch 3 innings. He hasn't pitched for Detroit in like 4 years and wasn't even in the MLB last year.

To hear you say you are jumping ship after getting swept by Detroit makes me laugh. I'm guessing there are a lot of fans like you in Cleveland. Have fun posting on the AL East thread, "Red Sox fan"

By the look of the season crowd cleveland has recieved so far.....most injun fans jumped ship back in may.......i tried to tell them....i was told THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT.......thought they were gonna be right there until the end......at least thats what the injun fans claimed.

I dont think if you live in a city you have to go to games though.....i live in chicago and only go to sox games when tigers are in town....and once when my wife got vip tix from work. Injun fans WERE in a pennant race and let the team they were chasing fans get alot of tickets to the series....guaranteed when the injuns come to detroit, you wont hear any injun chants on tv.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny part is......once detroit cuts coke.......the injuns will sign him......wonder if they already contacted valverde.....then after coke goes 2 innings without giving a run.....the injuns will throw a 2 year extension at him.

Hahaha already took the injun avatar down for the browns? The browns? Really?..,,,..will you be taking that down in week 4 replacing it with a new england patriots.....since they are prolly your 2nd fav eh?

Kc giving the red sox fits tonight.....detroit moving towards the BEST record in the AL.

Good post except cheap shot at Captain O. I only say that because having followed the Lions since 1970, I would probably take their avatar down after a month in 90% of Assclown W.C. Fields, ERR, I mean W.C. Ford's ownership...

And after my baseball team dropped 4 straight at home I would also be very tempted to look ahead to brighten things up.

Trash talk can be fun, but a little empathy can go a long way sometimes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe I just now noticed it, but the Tigers have the best winning pct in the AL at .602 with the Red Sox losing to the Royals tonight.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez was 17 for 19 in save opportunities until the 1st game against Detroit. I'd say that is pretty good. He had 11 saves in a row prior to the blown save against Detroit.

Shaw wasn't put in the game til the 12th inning. Who do you want Tito to put in the game? Detroit had to put in Jeremy Bonderman to pitch 3 innings. He hasn't pitched for Detroit in like 4 years and wasn't even in the MLB last year.

To hear you say you are jumping ship after getting swept by Detroit makes me laugh. I'm guessing there are a lot of fans like you in Cleveland. Have fun posting on the AL East thread, "Red Sox fan"

Its not the getting swept by Detroit part - its the realization that your seasons over. Im not jumping ship either. Just not investing so much of myself in futility. If they win, fine. If they dont, it wont break my heart

Im a damn nice guy & as such am more than welcome on most any thread & glog & believe me - theres a helluva lot more jackhats on this thread than any other half dozen I can come up with on the spur of the moment. Nobody likes a jackhat except another jackhat

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the look of the season crowd cleveland has recieved so far.....most injun fans jumped ship back in may.......i tried to tell them....i was told THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT.......thought they were gonna be right there until the end......at least thats what the injun fans claimed.

I dont think if you live in a city you have to go to games though.....i live in chicago and only go to sox games when tigers are in town....and once when my wife got vip tix from work. Injun fans WERE in a pennant race and let the team they were chasing fans get alot of tickets to the series....guaranteed when the injuns come to detroit, you wont hear any injun chants on tv.

No Injuns chants since, well, the mid to late 90's for sure Cleaves...

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the getting swept by Detroit part - its the realization that your seasons over. Im not jumping ship either. Just not investing so much of myself in futility. If they win, fine. If they dont, it wont break my heart

Im a damn nice guy & as such am more than welcome on most any thread & glog & believe me - theres a helluva lot more jackhats on this thread than any other half dozen I can come up with on the spur of the moment. Nobody likes a jackhat except another jackhat

true...

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers win..again.
sweep the tribe. guess IFFYs prediction of a split was a bad one???

going into this series. bi=oth teams were playing great. Indians were almost as hot as the Tigers.

Tigers now 9-1 in progressive field this year.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer wins again. 17-1 2Rs in 7 innings.
another Q start by a Tiger pitcher.

how about Max??? he didn't need all those runs tonight. how about some Cy Young talk for max?????

Raburn is off to a good start in his pitching career. don't think he will push Scherzer in the voting

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooocapt. don't give up the ship yet. Indians are a resilient team. Could still fight for a wild card spot.

how about Austin Jackson in this series? he played a very good center field...
Miggy is hurting. he still got clutch RBIs and a clutch homer in game 3.
V Mart is raising his average agter such a slow start. Even Fielder is starting to hit..at the right times.

Tigers are beating teams they should..and now beating teams they needed to beat (Indians).

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are damn good...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's gonna happen but what do you think the ratings would be for a Tampa Bay - Pittsburgh World Series???

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooocapt. don't give up the ship yet. Indians are a resilient team. Could still fight for a wild card spot.

Tigers are beating teams they should..and now beating teams they needed to beat (Indians).

Think thats about the nicest thing Ive ever heard you say dougie...

Fight for a WC? Cant see it. Not now, & not with Rays, Rangers, O's & Oakland smack in the middle of it, Royals snapping at our heels & nobody losing but us. It was a good season & we had a chance when we were winning game 1 - til Chris Perez handed you 4 in the 9th. Dont really know what happened in the 3rd game. Fell asleep, woke up & it was 6-4 Det. Said fuckit & went back to sleep. Had we split with you, yeh - might of had a chance at a WC. But swept, nope.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. tigers are in a good spot now.

but. long way to go. IAm surprised the Tiger came out and won today. most times. they don't show the killer instinct. all games were good except todays game.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there is no question that the Tigers are a fierce ballclub indeed, man, I tell ya, some of the Tiger fans I talk to have got some mouths on them. Lemme tell you something the next 5 pitchers the Tigers catch are Nova, Hughes, Pettite, Sale, and Santiago-- don't let it surprise you if Detroit loses 2 or 3 of those. Those pitchers aren't exactly punks. I think Detroit needs to continue to carry the laser beam focus they've been carrying and grind out EVERY at bat the way they have been, otherwise they could get hurt.. those are some mean pitchers right there, and not to be taken for granted.Hopefully I come across loud and clear on this.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's gonna happen but what do you think the ratings would be for a Tampa Bay - Pittsburgh World Series???

Probably better than if it were the marlins vs the rays... but I am sure the only people watching the game would be drunks at the bar with no remote to change the channel and people in Pitt.. because I can guarantee you nobody in florida would be watching... I am almost positive most people in florida don't even know the rays exist. The only reason they know about the marlins is all the bad press about the team in the last year and the couple of world series wins.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think thats about the nicest thing Ive ever heard you say dougie...

Fight for a WC? Cant see it. Not now, & not with Rays, Rangers, O's & Oakland smack in the middle of it, Royals snapping at our heels & nobody losing but us. It was a good season & we had a chance when we were winning game 1 - til Chris Perez handed you 4 in the 9th. Dont really know what happened in the 3rd game. Fell asleep, woke up & it was 6-4 Det. Said fuckit & went back to sleep. Had we split with you, yeh - might of had a chance at a WC. But swept, nope.

Okay, now you're underestimating the Indians. The Tigers may be SLIGHTLY better than you, but it sure as hell doesn't mean everyone else is. You have seen the remainder of Clevelands schedule, am I correct?? Okay, then if you're like me, you see 35 or more wins in there.. Cleveland is better than almost everyone on there. Losing a hard fought Detroit series isn't the end of your life bro..so hush.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably better than if it were the marlins vs the rays... but I am sure the only people watching the game would be drunks at the bar with no remote to change the channel and people in Pitt.. because I can guarantee you nobody in florida would be watching... I am almost positive most people in florida don't even know the rays exist. The only reason they know about the marlins is all the bad press about the team in the last year and the couple of world series wins.

That was a punch in the gut hahaha ; > /)

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how about Austin Jackson in this series? he played a very good center field...
Miggy is hurting. he still got clutch RBIs and a clutch homer in game 3.
V Mart is raising his average agter such a slow start. Even Fielder is starting to hit..at the right times.

The guy to watch for is VMart.. that's one mean sunnuvabych right there, and he's starting to collect his dues. If there's anyone on this board who thinks that sucker won't wind up around .300 with about 100 RBIs, they need to put the crack pipr down.. VMart is getting his, in no uncertain terms.