• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post except cheap shot at Captain O. I only say that because having followed the Lions since 1970, I would probably take their avatar down after a month in 90% of Assclown W.C. Fields, ERR, I mean W.C. Ford's ownership...

And after my baseball team dropped 4 straight at home I would also be very tempted to look ahead to brighten things up.

Trash talk can be fun, but a little empathy can go a long way sometimes.

I never turn my back on my team....ive lived in chicago 7 yrs and i wear my lions shit all the time.....everytime i go down to wrigleyville i either wear my sparty or lions shit. Trust me i take alot of flack when i wear my lions.....last time was game 5 red wings and hawks this year....actually was quite a few wings fans down there in the bars....but i dont care for red, so i dont really have any wings gear....so i proudly wore my lions shirt i won over on the lions boards down there....i never hear enough of "lions suck"........but i dont care. Fuck the bears! They talk all that shit and got ONE more superbowl then the lions. But thats just me........i wanna like the cubs, since i live here, but nothings the same as rooting for the team i grew up with, the tigers.....i consider the cubs my 2nd team, but i dont really get happy or mad if they win, unlike the tigs....i would just enjoy their ride if they went far since i live here...but if the tigers win, it will be 1984 again!

I remember when the tigers were losing 100 games....i never stopped watching because i had to see what the future had.....was brutal, but i love my teams.....footballs different....last year, i actually hoped the lions lost their last few because of the draft.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. tigers are in a good spot now.

but. long way to go. IAm surprised the Tiger came out and won today. most times. they don't show the killer instinct. all games were good except todays game.

Usually the last game or getaway game is an afternoon game.....those seem to be the games the tigers usually take off and swing at anything.....was glad when i found out it was a night game.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another sports board there's this Royals fan who in the ether, maybe a little too much. He says the Royals are the best team in the Central and they're really going to teach the Tigers a lesson in the 5 game series coming up. Hold on a second now. I do respect the fact that KC is having a great pitching year with alot of low ERAs, but the best in the division?? Errmm, no.. that's pushing it a little too far. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times-- Detroit has this way about them of coming to get you if it's a series they feel they really want for some reason, and they've been that way for 3 seasons now. What's more, KC isn't even the 2nd best in the division, the Indians are. Oh, yes.. it's quite apparant to me that this gentleman has had an extended visit from the ether bunny himself.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now you're underestimating the Indians. The Tigers may be SLIGHTLY better
than you, but it sure as hell doesn't mean everyone else is. You have seen the remainder of Clevelands schedule, am I correct?? Okay, then if you're like me, you see 35 or more wins in there.. Cleveland is better than almost everyone on there. Losing a hard fought Detroit series isn't the end of your life bro..so hush.

Don't know if it's one of your famous typos, but 35 more wins puts Cleveland at 97 for the season. No effin' way. They do have a relatively easy schedule, but I see them at 90 wins, tops. 28-19 to finish the season is more realistic.

That said, I'm not celebrating an ALC title for the Tigers on August 8. Stranger things have happened. The collapse of 2009, when we entered September with something like a 7-game lead and lost to the Twinkies in Game 163, is still too fresh in my mind.

I'm giddy right now over the sweep, but the Tigers need to take care of business and continue to beat the teams they should beat.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, you're so right, it was a typo.. I meant to say 30.. Thx for calling me out there. 92 should get them a WC though, this since the East teams will be so busy cancelling each other out for the 2nd card, and I also think Texas will put enough blows on Oakland to take them out as well. Tigers??Oh, yes.. that's a vicious roster, and if they remain squarely focused, they should win about 95 and take that division.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another sports board there's this Royals fan who in the ether, maybe a little too much. He says the Royals are the best team in the Central and they're really going to teach the Tigers a lesson in the 5 game series coming up. Hold on a second now. I do respect the fact that KC is having a great pitching year with alot of low ERAs, but the best in the division?? Errmm, no.. that's pushing it a little too far. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times-- Detroit has this way about them of coming to get you if it's a series they feel they really want for some reason, and they've been that way for 3 seasons now. What's more, KC isn't even the 2nd best in the division, the Indians are. Oh, yes.. it's quite apparant to me that this gentleman has had an extended visit from the ether bunny himself.

KC may well prove to be the 2nd best team when it is all said and done this season, but they are the 3rd best team in the division unless the prove otherwise in their remaining games. They do after all have 6 games left with Cleveland.

Edit: 2nd best team is in the context of the AL Central

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never turn my back on my team....ive lived in chicago 7 yrs and i wear my lions shit all the time.....everytime i go down to wrigleyville i either wear my sparty or lions shit. Trust me i take alot of flack when i wear my lions.....last time was game 5 red wings and hawks this year....actually was quite a few wings fans down there in the bars....but i dont care for red, so i dont really have any wings gear....so i proudly wore my lions shirt i won over on the lions boards down there....i never hear enough of "lions suck"........but i dont care. Fuck the bears! They talk all that shit and got ONE more superbowl then the lions. But thats just me........i wanna like the cubs, since i live here, but nothings the same as rooting for the team i grew up with, the tigers.....i consider the cubs my 2nd team, but i dont really get happy or mad if they win, unlike the tigs....i would just enjoy their ride if they went far since i live here...but if the tigers win, it will be 1984 again!

I remember when the tigers were losing 100 games....i never stopped watching because i had to see what the future had.....was brutal, but i love my teams.....footballs different....last year, i actually hoped the lions lost their last few because of the draft.

Even though I still didn't like your remarks toward my colleague Captain, I do see your point C.

And I behave the same way towards my home teams. I never give up and never take my eyes off any of them.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland may violently disagree with you, sir. Those guys are gonna be pissed off for awhile after that Tiger series they just had.. they're feeling embarassed right now, so you can expect them to have a 'tude when it comes time to see you. Not saying it isn't possible KC beats em, you do after all have good pitching, but so do they and as I say, nothing is impossible there, and no offense personally, but Id put my money on the Indians in that battle.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland may violently disagree with you, sir. Those guys are gonna be pissed off for awhile after that Tiger series they just had.. they're feeling embarassed right now, so you can expect them to have a 'tude when it comes time to see you. Not saying it isn't possible KC beats em, you do after all have good pitching, but so do they and as I say, nothing is impossible there, and no offense personally, but Id put my money on the Indians in that battle.

The Indians were on quite a roll themselves before the Tigers came to town.

Expect them to begin playing well again rather soon.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians were on quite a roll themselves before the Tigers came to town.

Expect them to begin playing well again rather soon.

Oh, yeah.. Cleveland's tough, man.. they're not gonna be taking any shit from the Royals.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great line from the ticket....

Detroit may be bankrupt but they own Cleveland!

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit did prove they're still the camp commandant of the Central, but those Indian fans are crying deep, bitter, and heartbroken tears right now, so I for one, will not add to their agony.. I shall rise above that and be gracious in victory against a very worthy opponent such as they.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now you're underestimating the Indians. The Tigers may be SLIGHTLY better than you, but it sure as hell doesn't mean everyone else is. Losing a hard fought Detroit series isn't the end of your life bro..so hush.

The problem Im seeing is not that we cant win maybe 2/3's of the remaining games - its that the teams ahead of us for the WC arent losing enough for us to make up any ground. Losing that 4-gamer to you guys reallly put us in a deep hole. And sorry, but Game 1 was ours & responsibility for that loss is pinned directly on Chris Perez... He choked big time... Id like to punch his fucking lights out

Now...complicating my deep disappointment (& a degree of anger) with the Tribe - I have an interview on Tues. With the Tribe...FO position

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Indians fan said to me I feel so bad for trolling the Tigers, they are the most gracious victors in pro sports. You had a chance to shove your fist down my throat, but instead you showed kindness and understanding. I will never troll the Tigers again, I love you Tyger and God bless you forever"

Aww, that's nice to hear, but it's nothing really.. it's just good sportsmanship. I've seen times when some fans have been gracious too.. like the Ranger fans in the 2011 ALCS, or the Yankee fans when NY swept us 3 straight in Yankee Stadium in 09 where every game came down to the final pitch, or the Cardinals fans of '06. So, nice victors are out there and appear in several fanbases, not just this one. ; > )

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem Im seeing is not that we cant win maybe 2/3's of the remaining games - its that the teams ahead of us for the WC arent losing enough for us to make up any ground. Losing that 4-gamer to you guys reallly put us in a deep hole. And sorry, but Game 1 was ours & responsibility for that loss is pinned directly on Chris Perez... He choked big time... Id like to punch his fucking lights out

Now...complicating my deep disappointment (& a degree of anger) with the Tribe - I have an interview on Tues. With the Tribe...FO position

Haha.. please, your Indians will be just fine, it's just that Detroit is a nemesis. Everyone has that 'special someone' out there, and that includes Detroit. Indians making the ps?? I can see it.. everyone on their schedule are people they can beat, plus WC contenders in the East will cancel each other out, minus the 2nd place finisher, because of the beatings they give each other. PS.. hope you get the job ; > )

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has that 'special someone' out there, and that includes Detroit.

For the Tigers, that team may be the Royals. All our games with them seem to be very close, and they are a thorn in our side quite often. This is a different Tigers team than when we last played them -- getting Infante back soon, V-mart still on a roll, Prince looking like he's starting to hit again, a more solidified bullpen, and of course Verlander looking much better his last two starts. We have 11 more games with KC, and even though 8 are at home, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit worried about these games.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is like Minnesota to me, or Mr. Mxxtyplyk to Superman.. just an utter pain in the ass. Detroit only beats teamd of that kind when they apply a gut busting effort. I hate playing those 2.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. please, your Indians will be just fine, it's just that Detroit is a nemesis. Everyone has that 'special someone' out there, and that includes Detroit. Indians making the ps?? I can see it.. everyone on their schedule are people they can beat, plus WC contenders in the East will cancel each other out, minus the 2nd place finisher, because of the beatings they give each other. PS.. hope you get the job ; > )

Its the job of any super-fans dreams...season tix, access to everything/everybody... Nirvana

Just sometime between now & then I got to lose my bad attitude & put on my game face...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading being a fan of a losing team.. to focus on being a fan of a winning team falls under the definition of bandwagon. Lets take a poll.

Absolutely. The guy has Tribe avatar and he jumps ship because they lose a couple of games and fall out of the division race... at least for now. The Tribe winning the central was always a huge long shot. But they're still in the middle of the WC race. Ridiculous...

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the spirit!! When the Indians and their fans put on that game face and apply the war paint, you better circle your wagons, baby coz you're under Indian attack, and your fixin to get scalped!!! ; > /)