• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just talking to the Royals and WSox fans, and we came to an agreement. If Cleveland cant beag Detroit today, then ehat they'll do is plan their season around that last seried in Detroit. Very possible guys, Detroit well could lose that series.. hopefully the Tigers are too far ahead where that doesn't crush em

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Shanemansj13

Indians have really outplayed the Tigs in series except for a couple of big hits.

Salazer the only pitcher to strikeout Miguel 3 times in one game this year. That is why the hype is there!

Sucks Kluber is out, just means Salazar and Mccalister will have to step up now.

Cleaves2000:
Really?

The tigers out hit the
injuns 12-5 in the first game

7-4 in the second game

And they
both had 14 tonight

The game is 9 innings long. Not 2 not 5 ....NINE!
The first 2 games the injuns couldnt do shit. JV shut their ass down.

How do you figure they outplayed the tigs?

Yeah, seriously, that is the dumbest statement since Iffy posted that the Tigers only beat Chris Perez in Game 1, not the Cleveland Indians team.

On top of the stats Cleaves listed, the Tiger starters have a 2.08 ERA in the series. Cleveland starters, 3.68. Bullpen ERAs: Tigers at 2.61, Indians at 5.40. I'm struggling to find any aspect of the game where Cleveland has outplayed the Tigers in this series.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh... stolen bases. Cleveland 2, Tigers 0. I'll give ya that one!

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm asked if the Tigers are the best team in the Central. Yes, they are..nobody wants anything to do with their pitching, and sure as hell they want no part of that ferocious lineup, so yes they are.

I do well in my respect of Cleveland and KC, but if the question is who's the best.. Umm, pretty sure the Tigers would have 'a fireside' with you there.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game last night. Not only because the Tigers won but it was exciting to watch.

I think Leyland blew a few calls that could have cost them the game but alls well that ends well.

Now Cleveland fans get to see if their team has fight to put another winning streak together or will roll over after this series.

And after this offseason thought about the guy, I probably will start an I owe Kelly an apology thread!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Leyland is the 'fall back' guy. If the Tigers slip backwards or get knocked out early in the post-season, Tiger fans will blame it all on Leyland. [S.O.P.]

B. Did anyone hear that Tribe fans were chanting "Detroit is Bankrupt" at Wednesday's game. I guess that is evidence that they have given up on their team....can't beat the team, attack the city. [sad]

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was kind of funny ... In the post-game show, Mickey York and C-Mo were openly questioning Leyland's decision to play the infield back with guys on 2nd/3rd and no outs in the 9th -- essentially conceding the tying run on that grounder to short. When Keating asked Leyland point-blank about the decision, Leyland reminded him, "the winning run was on second. If the ball gets through the infield, we lose." Keating clammed right up.

Touche', Mr. Leyland. Yep, he's been managing the game a little longer than Mickey, Craig, Keating or any of us.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Cub fsn wants to know hoe an 11 game winning streak is possible. I don't know, alot of things havr to be clicking simultaneously, you have to hsve a powerful ballclub, and you have to be able to fit the square pieces in the round holes. On the average, that's the type of streak clubs have once in 25 yeard. He wants me to explain it, and I don know how..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Cub fan wants to know how an 11 game winning streak is possible... He wants me
to explain it, and I dont know how...

It's definitely a combination of things, BUT, it comes down to three big ones, IMO:

(1) All 5 starters pitching like Number 1's, keeping the team in every game.

(2) Just enough hitting, especially in the clutch.

(3) Some "gifts" from your opponents. Let's face it, the clown shows that the Phillies and White Sox put on with their defensive and baserunning mistakes were downright comical at times.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, good Howie.. I'll buy that on the Blue light KMart special for $4.99 please

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was kind of funny ... In the post-game show, Mickey York and C-Mo were openly questioning Leyland's decision to play the infield back with guys on 2nd/3rd and no outs in the 9th -- essentially conceding the tying run on that grounder to short. When Keating asked Leyland point-blank about the decision, Leyland reminded him, "the winning run was on second. If the ball gets through the infield, we lose." Keating clammed right up.

Touche', Mr. Leyland. Yep, he's been managing the game a little longer than Mickey, Craig, Keating or any of us.

I wonder if JL knows more than "Mr. Eyeballer"?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMMENTARY | As the Detroit Tigers found themselves in a 4-4 tie with the division rival Cleveland Indians on Aug. 7, Tigers fans who made the trip to Cleveland began chanting. The chants were loud enough to be heard on television.

"Let's go Tigers!" reverberated through Progressive Field as the Tigers were looking to pick up their third straight win against Cleveland in the series and extend their Central division lead to six games.
Not to be outdone, Indians fans responded with a chant of their own. But it wasn't directed at the action on the field, but at the plight of the city of Detroit.

"Detroit's bankrupt!" shouted Clevelanders, a direct shot at the troubled times the Motor City has gone through recently, highlighted by the city's bankruptcy filings last month. A stinging jab to the still-proud Motor City, no doubt, but to the fans in Cleveland who relished in taking a potshot at our city, Detroit and the rest of Michigan have one thing to say...SCOREBOARD.

As rousing of a chant as "Detroit's bankrupt!" might have been for
Indians fans, losing in extra innings and dropping a third straight game to the Tigers hurts worse than any dim-witted chant Tribe fans can ever conceive.
We understand it must be rough being a sports fan in the city of Cleveland. It must have been even tougher for the 3,000 fans who realized their ballclub was in the middle of a pennant race and actually showed up to Progressive Field this week. Do Indians fans even realize they had a chance to be in first place when the series started on Monday? Maybe if more Indians fans showed up this week, the "Let's go Tigers" chant wouldn't have been so audible.

However, as usual, Indians fans were not at the stadium to show their support, so the real baseball fans -- Tigers fans -- scooped up the tickets and have been treated to two come-from-behind victories and a vintage Justin Verlander performance that was capped by a Don Kelly bomb off Indians ace Justin Masterson.

Indians fans know they can't keep up with the Tigers on the field, and so they resorted to off-the-field nonsense to try and get a leg up on Detroit. Playful chanting and heckling over players and teams is expected in sports, especially when two cities are as closely situated as Cleveland and Detroit. But, as usual, when one side can't keep up with the other on the field, it's easy to resort to personal shots that have nothing to do with the game.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In talking to other fand and comparing, Detroit is rotten. Who the hrll wantd anything to do with you if you have a rottrn rotation like that, and a stank nasty lineup like that. Who wants to play a team like that?? Ewwww!!!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if more Indians fans showed up this week, the "Let's go Tigers" chant
wouldn't have been so audible.

That's it in a nutshell. You don't like Tigers fans showing up in your house and cheering for their team? Don't leave thousands of your tickets unsold! Try finding more than a few hundred empty seats at the Labor Day weekend series when Cleveland comes here.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if JL knows more than "Mr. Eyeballer"?

Well, I've taken shots at a few JL decisions, but I also realize that for every thing we see or hear when watching a game, there are probably a dozen other things going on that we know nothing about. That "one moment in time" that's easy to criticize doesn't exist in a vacuum. JL and his coaches have to think of the next at-bats, the next inning, the next game, and even several games down the road.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all I've cut down Leyland and everyone from the pitching coach, to the batting instructor right on down, I have to admit one thing.. they know baseball better than I do. Coaching the league champion and a .580 plus team the next year is no easy task.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've taken shots at a few JL decisions, but I also realize that for every thing we see or hear when watching a game, there are probably a dozen other things going on that we know nothing about. That "one moment in time" that's easy to criticize doesn't exist in a vacuum. JL and his coaches have to think of the next at-bats, the next inning, the next game, and even several games down the road.

I agree.....but most of leylands criticism came from playing raturd everyday.....playing inge alot.....bringing coke in, in a close game.....batting DK third.....now that some of his pieces were taken from him, hes actually doing a great job this year......shocked me the other night up 5-1 going into the 9th, he brought in veras instead of benoit.....last year he would of used valverde, who would had blown it, then not been able to pitch the next night. Instead benoit was able to go last night....also jimmy has bunted as of late.....would still like to see ajax get more chances to steal.....dirks is the team leader with 7.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But its hard to fuck up a lineup with ajax hunter miggy prince vmart and jhonny.....and your starters get a QS almost every night out.....only spots to really mess up on, are the BP and base running decisions.

I notice he doesnt like to walk a guy with men on 2nd and 3rd to set up a DP though....in a way i dont blame him....sometimes our BP has trouble throwing strikes. I might had brought the infield in last night once they got the first out. Tough call. Worked out tho.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here injun injun fans...........(((((looking)))))...........where they go? Bwahahahahaha......oh how funny looking back at shanos pitching predictions for the series. And they said they would be here til the end.........end of july maybe.......well, we will have to listen to their fans AGAIN next year try to explain why this year means nothing for next year....,,this makes 3 yrs in a row the injuns tanked after the AS break....

I guess they all went to the steelers boards to tell them how the browns are the team to beat this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the injuns now 4 games below 1.000?