• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

bigkurty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-12 against the Tigers, on the verge of 3-13...

I expected a split at worst, but getting swept takes the cake. I hope they blow up the bullpen, we've had a chance to win every one of these games in this series. Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers win.

Benoit had to labor in the the 14th. got to think he will have tomorrow off.

Tigers gut it out and get the win. Tigers might come out flat tomorrow...

How about the clutch home run by Miggy? That late inning bomb put the Tigers up arun. clutch!

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonderman gefs the win. Is Detroit worried about anyone in that division?? No, not really.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of baseball to be played. Indians not out of it. esp if Miggy doesn't get over his unjury.

3 tough games. 1 more to go.
Tiger get the white sox next.. who have been playing the Yankees tough. hope they haven't woke up

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey.. we may not have to wait 5 yrs for me to win the bet.. Archer left the game today early because of injury.. calling it forearm.. code word for elbow...

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry typo INJURY..

iffy is the typo police. I work 10 hours a day. to tired to proof read...

but iam not ascared!!!!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins struck out 16 times against the Royals tonight... 16 times.

Who cares.. its the twins.. you are about to play the red sox... you are already what 8.5 games back? By next week it could be 12 or more...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations. Your Royals are looking really good.

Still have to think that Wil Myers trade will be regretful but Shields is a stud at least.

Not a big fan of the trade myself, but it won't be too bad in the short term. The Royals still have a shot at the Wild Card (not great, but there is a chance) so I will refrain from lambasting Moore right now until I see the final result. What kills me though is we threw in Odorizzi in there for shits and giggles it felt like.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of the trade myself, but it won't be too bad in the short term. The Royals still have a shot at the Wild Card (not great, but there is a chance) so I will refrain from lambasting Moore right now until I see the final result. What kills me though is we threw in Odorizzi in there for shits and giggles it felt like.

You have almost no shot at the wild card... If by shot you mean you still have not been eliminated.. then yes.. you have a shot.. but don't fool yourself... You need to pass the Indians, Rangers/A's, and Orioles... You may pass the Indians... The odds of passing the loser of the Rangers/A's is slim to none.. about the same odds of passing the orioles... So yeah... you are not getting one of the two wild cards.. because the loser of the red sox/ rays will have the first wild card locked up. Your team gave up Wil Myers for 1.5 years of Shields.. who will be traded at the deadline next year almost for sure... Santana will be gone.. almost for sure... Your rotation will be nowhere near as strong next year.... Your shot at anything came and went this year.. you will be back to 4th place or last soon... Hope you enjoyed the ride.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mommy, why won't daddy pay attention to us?"
"Kids, it is very important to daddy that other people dislike Iffy. He has to respond to every Iffy comment and that takes time."
"Aren't we important to him, mommy?"
"No, Iffy is more important to daddy than even mommy."

Creepy.....im off SportsHoopla today only to come find this is a private message. I guess between me ignoring him and the tigers winning the old creepy attention monger has to private message me this BS? Titled SHORTIES???? Wtf?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey.. we may not have to wait 5 yrs for me to win the bet.. Archer left the game today early because of injury.. calling it forearm.. code word for elbow...

Wrong. The bet was ERA lol. If Archer calls it a career hes over a run better lol.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians have really outplayed the Tigs in series except for a couple of big hits.

Salazer the only pitcher to strikeout Miguel 3 times in one game this year. That is why the hype is there!

Sucks Kluber is out, just means Salazar and Mccalister will have to step up now.

Really?

The tigers out hit the injuns 12-5 in the first game

7-4 in the second game

And they both had 14 tonight

The game is 9 innings long. Not 2 not 5 ....NINE! The first 2 games the injuns couldnt do shit. JV shut their ass down.

How do you figure they outplayed the tigs?

I notice the injun fans are in here as much as the sox fans are.....thats why i can respect mrhockey.....hes always down for the AL SMACK thread, no matter if his twins are first or last. Royals gonna catch the injuns?

Another year, another cleveland collapse

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey.....the injuns signed raturd to a 2 year extension......now thats funny.....first they gave swisher a boat load of money to put up alex avila numbers, now they let raturd sign for 2 more years......glad them idiots are in the AL CENTRAL

Gotta love that trade deadline move the injuns GM pulled off...rzepzyi???????ski???

Jose fernandez stuff eh? Yeah strikeouts are pretty.....but bombs are better! Miggys was beautiful.

I thought salazar wasnt mature enough or ready for the majors? Kids been in the minors for SEVEN years. He might throw hard, but that just means they fly out faster.

Goodnight cleveland....your collapse has arrived again.......right on time. :sadbron:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mommy, why won't daddy pay attention to us?"
"Kids, it is very important to daddy that other people dislike Iffy. He has to respond to every Iffy comment and that takes time."
"Aren't we important to him, mommy?"
"No, Iffy is more important to daddy than even mommy."

Creepy.....im off SportsHoopla today only to come find this is a private message. I guess between me ignoring him and the tigers winning the old creepy attention monger has to private message me this BS? Titled SHORTIES???? Wtf?

That IS some funny shit! cleaves posted AND responded on two different boards. Looks like he doesn't have time for the 'fam'. lmao
(Ignoring to cleaves means....he responds to anything I post!!!! Hilarious) :laugh3:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Duffy 3.2 6 2 2 2 7 4.91 Duffy's line vs one of the worst hitting teams in the league.. I pray to god he is one of the pitchers we see in Det... He will get hit like a batting tee.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers get the yankees after tomorrows series finale... the yankees are not pitching well or hitting well right now... then I believe it is the white sox... This is a great place to close the door. If the tigers can take 3 of 5 from the royals... i think they create enough of a buffer to be able to coast with the light schedule in sept. Royals have the Red Sox up next... for 4 games... and the indians get the angels.. then fecal twins. Good news is the Indians will probably put themselves away later next week with a road trip to oakland... I have a feeling that by the end of Aug.. Tigers will have a double digit lead or close to it. Neither the Indians or the Royals are going to keep winning like they were... the tigers may lose one or two here and there.. but they are really starting to look every bit the beast we thought they were.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals are about to get a heat check.. the red sox should show if the royals are legit or just playing against a ton of crap teams in a row.