• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander entered the 8th inning with a pitch count of 106.

he was hitting the gun at 98 mph in the 8th. He only took 6 pitches to set down the Indians 1 2 3.
total pitch count 112.
that's the JV we all know. he back!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty funny... But i thinky dougie was right... You need to eat crow

lol still avoiding your fuzzy logic on Porcello???

Dougy was right for once about Verlander. He's 1/10. That is grounds for being put in the "special" kids class. He'll save you seat.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so. winning and pitching well against a team you should beat doesn't count??
doing the job you are supposed to .

Porcello in his young career has won double digits every year. the kid is a solid #5 starter.
what a luxury it is to have him. Maybe even next year we can use him for a good trade.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oo mr hockey never admits he is wrong.

common sense could tell JV has been getting better and better. and against the Tribe. he was ready for a gem.

vice...you will see. that a few people on here. think hat ever happened last year don't mean nuttin! even last month..it don't mean nuttin!! even last start don't mean nuttin!!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way. KC took a lose tonight. they were just as hot as the tiger and Indians

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vice...you will see. that a few people on here. think hat ever happened last year don't mean nuttin!
Mostly because it doesn't.

Porcello in his young career has won double digits every year

I know this will confuse you, but that's a team stat dougie, he has also lost more games than he's won twice in his young career, also a team stat.

by the way. KC took a lose tonight.

LOL, took a lose huh? Classic dougie...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend said to me once...."Sometimes I wish I couldn't read. Then I wouldn't be bothered by 'No Parking' signs, 'Keep Off the Grass' signs and the silliness found on billboards." I think he would have added: "reading posts made by dougplayer"".

"by the way. KC took a lose tonight." lordy

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooo mr hockey..you are becoming know as dumb as iffy.

I wonder if doug "knows" that he can edit a post? I guess you must also answer the question, "Could" dougie edit a post?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeez you really are just negative...

I can be pretty negative at times....at least my team actually sucks when I am.

Haha ty mrhockey....finally another fan besides tiger fans see this....its always something.....tonight did the tigers only win the 5th inning? Was it not a good win because don kelly hit the big HR....were winning and prince only has 17 jacks.....but yet when tiger fans complained about raturd and inge being ran out on the field EVERY night, iffy gave us hell and said all we do is bitch.......if u notice his posts, when the tigers win he doesnt seem happy, BUT when they lose he lets loose on here.

Thank the twins for a win tonight. They beat shields. Nice solid win. Really didnt think they had a chance tonight facing shields.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a solid player.. nothing special and is already in his prime years.. he will start his decline in a few seasons.. he has probably peaked... he is maybe a top 25 outfielder at best... Moustakas is a complete bust... I will refer you to a man named brandon inge if you want to see moustakas's ceiling... Hosmer is the only guy I see with a decent future.. and I am sorry.. he is still nothing more than an average 1st baseman.. until he can start smacking 30+ hr a year.. that being said... You have drafted top 1-10 for decades... and still have a bunch of guys that "might" make it... and very few that have. That is a problem.. Like I said.. enjoy your team.. they are competing for the first time since 2003... that is something.. but stay in reality... you are not winning a wild card.. and next year.. santana will be gone... and shields in the last year of his contract... guthrie one year older... with very little proven pitching talent on the horizon... this is the best shot at a playoff team you may have for another 4-5 years.... By then Moustakas will be a proven bust and Hosmer will be on another team or drawing Casey Kotchma comparisons... and Gordon... he will be in his 30's doing a Francouer impersonation.

Ahahaha its kasey Krotchman dammit!!!!

That was kiniks savior for the injuns last year. I was told he was going to be a great 1B for them.....oh boy oh boy the KROTCH!!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins shit on the Royals for once!!!

Albers makes a beauty of a debut!!! 8 1/3 of scorless ball!!! Longest start of the year and we got our first shut out.

Wow.

Oh shit hes got jose fernandez "stuff" :whistle:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it to dougie, he nailed this one....:clap:............1 outta 10 as mrhockey would say......that gets dougie his "participated" ribbon...:clap:.........nice call dougie.......now predict salazar will bring his jose fernandez stuff tomorrow...

JV said he seen something on tape....but he said he might not fix it all the way his first time out....he said in his 2nd start is where you will really see it.....he said that before the game.

Wheres all the injun fans? I said beginning of august......i still think royals might overtake the injuns....tigers with a great chance. More worried about thursdays game.....its most likely an afternoon game? And tigers seem to play lazy on afternoon getaway games....they are gonna be swinging early and often.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also.....hows that nick swisher signing looking? Did i see his stats right? Like 33 RBI's? Thats avila type production. And its not even the playoffs.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit hes got jose fernandez "stuff" :whistle:

lol absolutely not.

Guy maxes out at like 87 mph lol.

All deception and off balance, the twins way.

We'll see when the book is out.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol still avoiding your fuzzy logic on Porcello???

Dougy was right for once about Verlander. He's 1/10. That is grounds for being put in the "special" kids class. He'll save you seat.

LOL hockey... say what you want.. but you and I both know that Porcello is a better pitcher than any of the guys that royals clown was talking about on his crap team. I don't need to see more of Duffy or Will Smith to see they have no talent.. they have not been good enough to crack the rotation in KC when healthy for more than a start here or there for a reason... and its not like the rotation in KC was top notch the last couple of years... I will bet you anything you want Porcello ends up with a better career than Danny Duffy or Will Smith.. you want to take that bet? Spin away on my posts... I am right.. Archer has no more talent than Porcello does... and Duffy is a trash pitcher with no future in the bigs...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the insults on peoples intelligence here... Its pretty funny. The funniest part is that you can clearly see that Doug is posting stuff just to get a rise out of you guys and you run right into it. I have no idea if Doug is a smart dude or not.. but I will say this... he sure posts some funny stuff... and clearly has you guys on a string. Carry on insulting people though... if that is all you can do when someone has superior sports knowledge... carry on.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....the Indians need to take the final two games of the series or they are
in danger of losing contact with the Tigers. Still have WC possibilities, but Clev must at least split the next two games.

Who would have bet on Avila and Kelly being the hitting stars of the first two games????

If Ramon Santiago gets the 3-run HR tonight, it will be a perfect trifecta!

It will be interesting to see what this kid Salazar for the Indians has tonight. Great MLB debut, and he had 129 Ks in only 93 innings in the minors. But the Indians have to contend with Second-Half Dougie tonight, and he's been stellar since the A.S. break.

Meanwhile, tough blow for the Indians losing Kluber to the DL.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G'Morn, gents!! My biz trip concluded a day earlier than expected b/c as a bottom liner in life, once we got past all the fluff, bells, and whistles of thr deal, I didn't feel the bottom line was appealing enough to move forward, but enough about mr.. when I left the other night, the Indians behind Kluber were in full command to where I had envisaged another tough loss for Sanchez much like the 1-0 doozy he lost to KC just coming out the gates of the AS break. But, then the Tigers proved to me and the world that they are better than even I had anticipated. That comeback was simply heroic and proved once again that you better take EVERYONE seriously in that Detroit lineu-- .200 hitter or not, just when are people going to learn that Avila has solid power as a catcher, and that you don't, as in DO NOT challenge him with anything in his strike zone with people on base?? This is the 2nd time in a week that he's blown up a team for that error in judgment.. think they'vee got the message finally??

And, last night after a bad 2nd inning, Verlander put on a clinic to where there was NOBODY in the business who could touch him at all. THAT was CY Verlander right there. If JV is going to pitch anywhere near to that the rest of the way, then the Tigers have ramped it up from being a merely frightful team that everyone is afraid of, to a club that mgrs pray don't show up on the schedule anyplace. Taking away Verlander being a monster again, the Tigers were a .600 type club with a nasty 3.57 team ERA, which if I'm not mistaken is around the top of the AL as it is.. without him. Stick him in there as an elite pitcher again, and it's all over buy the cryin' baby.. especially with THAT treacherous lineup. Other than that, am I surprised that Detroit has been prevailing over a powerful club like the Indians?? Well, no.. it goes back to what I told you last week.. Dettoit is a battle hardened who has been going deep in the playoffs in recent years because they have this way about them of coming to get you when you're standing in their way. Can the Indians recover in this series?? Yes, they're a very solid ballclub, so yes they can.. BUT, the prevailing caveat here is that if they are to it'll have to be done against Fister of a 3.52 ERA and against Scherzer of a 2.85 mark..PLUS, they still have to pitch to that lineup of the Tigers..so, good luck, Cleveland fans however it turns out.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that is all you can do when someone has superior sports knowledge... carry on.

As dougie would say: BWWWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see how many of you like to argue amongst yourselves, well, if that's your thing then do what you must.. but one fact appears inescapable-- the Tigers are nobody to tussle with in the 2nd half. Does it mean they're unbeatable?? Does YOUR team want to be the one to find out?? No.. and No.