• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was with the crowd last night, Cleveland fans.... or lack of crowd I should say ? Those of you who live around there... It didn't look more than half full and there were a lot of Tiger fans. They used to fill that place every night back in the 90s. Don't they know or care they're in a pennant race ? Even if the Tigers pull away, they're still in the WC race. Do the fans think it's just a tease ? What's the story ?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was with the crowd last night, Cleveland fans.... or lack of crowd I should say ? Those of you who live around there... It didn't look more than half full and there were a lot of Tiger fans. They used to fill that place every night back in the 90s. Don't they know or care they're in a pennant race ? Even if the Tigers pull away, they're still in the WC race. Do the fans think it's just a tease ? What's the story ?

Its cleveland! The fans know they will never win anything, so they dont go out and support.....maybe just maybe if they ever make it back to a WS....they just MIGHT pack that place.....with injun fans.........i said MIGHT.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that loss put cleveland at 2 under 1.000?

We will prolly neva know..

bigkurty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tribe now leads the AL with a whopping 20 blown saves. 20 chances to win in the 9th inning that we blew. Imagine if we had blown just the league average (around 12 blown saves), we'd have around 70 wins.

Perez needs to get his stuff together, letting guys in base is not ok against a team like the Tigers when your starter gives up just 1 run and you're given a lead with 3 outs to go. The magnitude of these games are too important.

Our record is 3-10 against Detroit this year, and that won't cut it if we want to get to the postseason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know how the tigers fans felt when valverde would blow a gem for max or JV.....

difference is.....trade deadline came.....tigers added BP depth in veras, and got a defensive SS to replace jhonny...,,they already replaced valverde with benoit......cleveland got rzepyndontknohisnameski......thats just cleveland being cleveland. Shouldve gotten BP help, and a bat to fill in for giambis old ass.

Remember when cleveland fans said their BP was superior? :laugh3:

BP is still better, but Perez has to be a shutdown closer. But he has been doing good of late, it was bound to happen eventually just happened the wrong damn series.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tribe now leads the AL with a whopping 20 blown saves. 20 chances to win in
the 9th inning that we blew. Imagine if we had blown just the league average
(around 12 blown saves), we'd have around 70 wins.

I doubt those are all 9th inning blown saves. A setup guy coming into the 7th inning with a lead of 3 runs or less can be tagged with a B.S. as well. 20 is still not good, I'm just saying it isn't all on your closers.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that AJax and Fielder have become pretty ordinary since the ASG? Appears that Detroit has had to rely, more and more, on the bottom of the order to produce runs. If I were other Tiger fans (perhaps named cleaves) I'd save the gloating for a few more games. Currently the Tiger offense is pretty anemic. Starting pitchers will have to pull a bigger share of the load.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"equivalence of Dougy/Quest breeded together trying to play baseball."

That would be the kid that misses out on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals......but gets the "participated" ribbon. And proudly tacks it on his wall above his bed.

I can just picture Doug proudly hanging his participation medals up around his room.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that AJax and Fielder have become pretty ordinary since the ASG? Appears that Detroit has had to rely, more and more, on the bottom of the order to produce runs. If I were other Tiger fans (perhaps named cleaves) I'd save the gloating for a few more games. Currently the Tiger offense is pretty anemic. Starting pitchers will have to pull a bigger share of the load.

jeez you really are just negative...

I can be pretty negative at times....at least my team actually sucks when I am.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeez you really are just negative...

I can be pretty negative at times....at least my team actually sucks when I am.

It is what I do...lol. (I've been told it is because A. I'm old and B. I don't connect any of my self-esteem to a sports team).

I am not one of those 'glass half empty guys', however! There ain't a drop of water in my glass! lol

[I'm working on a dougie-type rant. When I come up with one, I'll post it after a BIG victory. Go team, go?]

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that AJax and Fielder have become pretty ordinary since the
ASG? Appears that Detroit has had to rely, more and more, on the bottom of the
order to produce runs. If I were other Tiger fans (perhaps named cleaves) I'd
save the gloating for a few more games. Currently the Tiger offense is pretty
anemic. Starting pitchers will have to pull a bigger share of the load.

Prior to the White Sox series, the Tigers scored 10 runs off Gio Gonzalez, 5 runs off Strasburg, 12 runs off Pettibone and a combo of crummy Phillies pitchers, and another 10 runs off an equally crummy combo of Phillies pitchers. I think they just ran into some good pitching with the Chisox (who held the Yankees to 1 run last night), and again with Kluber yesterday. To a man, the Tiger hitters said Kluber's stuff was filthy. We did well just to get him out of the game in the 8th.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, A-jax and Fielder HAVE been pretty ordinary. Hitters go into slumps. There are always a couple at any given moment in time.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Danny Duffy will replace Wade Davis on Wednesday to start against the Twins.

Is that supposed to be an upgrade? LOL... Duffy is trash and would not start on any legit contender.. He has a career era of 5.28 and a career whip of 1.61 in 26 starts.. lol.. wade davis is better than that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that supposed to be an upgrade? LOL... Duffy is trash and would not start on any legit contender.. He has a career era of 5.28 and a career whip of 1.61 in 26 starts.. lol.. wade davis is better than that.

Hasn't pitched for very long in the big leagues. It is silly to assume he is a bust, MiamiVice. Is it unreasonable to think that young players can develop? This isn't a guy throwing 88 MPH fastballs. After all, no pitcher has ever gotten better before. They are always the same pitcher every year!

Edit: And no, 26 starts isn't a great sample size.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't pitched for very long in the big leagues. It is silly to assume he is a bust, MiamiVice. Is it unreasonable to think that young players can develop? This isn't a guy throwing 88 MPH fastballs. After all, no pitcher has ever gotten better before. They are always the same pitcher every year!

Edit: And no, 26 starts isn't a great sample size.

Bro.. he has a whip of 1.61 and an era of over 5... in 26 starts... can he get better? yes... has he shown any mlb talent what so ever? no.. any other team.. this guy would never see a start... If he is all you have in the minors you are screwed.. Why royals fans get excited over this guy is beyond me.. if i were you.. i would be pissed that he is getting a start. I want to know where all those top draft picks went for the last quarter century in kc's farm...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.. he has a whip of 1.61 and an era of over 5... in 26 starts... can he get better? yes... has he shown any mlb talent what so ever? no.. any other team.. this guy would never see a start... If he is all you have in the minors.. Why royals fans get excited over this guy is beyond me.. if i were you.. i would be pissed that he is getting a start. I want to know where all those top draft picks went for the last quarter century in kc's farm...

Upper 90's from a lefty. Yeah, that kind of is MLB talent. He has never had a chance to pitch a full season...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 starts with a whip of 1.61 and an era of over 5 is more than enough to tell me he shouldn't be pitching in a pennant race...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upper 90's from a lefty. Yeah, that kind of is MLB talent. He has never had a chance to pitch a full season...

Upper 90's from a lefty.. that has a batting average against of .280 in 26 starts.. 26 starts is the equivalent of about one season... Enjoy that talent there bro.. its why your team is a laughing stock.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
26 starts with a whip of 1.61 and an era of over 5 is more than enough to tell me he shouldn't be pitching in a pennant race...

When Davis has been shown to fail over and over again without the prospect of bouncing back with a reasonable sample size in Tampa and KC to support that he isn't a starter, it is perfectly reasonable to try out Duffy. I would calm your tits and wait before you scream bust. 26 starts is not a good sample size when it is spread out over two seasons. It is more reasonable to wait until he pitches 80-90 starts to make any final determinations. It isn't just me who likes Duffy's potential. It isn't some random opinion. If he fails, he fails, but saying he has failed without getting a chance to pitch 1 full season is BS.