• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason people think he has less potential than a guy like archer is the
fact he has developed right in your face for 4 yrs rather than developing in the minors with little press coverage.

That statement ^ is it, in a nutshell.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think....the tigers had brad fuckin penny as their number 5 last year.....

I think Penny was 2 years ago.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny was actually 2011 but the point on him remains the same.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think....the tigers had brad fuckin penny as their number 5 last year.....porcello has been solid.....his ERA is that high because he has had a couple of real bad games. Im not so sure perez will be our future starting everyday 2B unless he developes into more of a mlb hitter....but also add ajax to the mix.....they are pretty good up the middle now with ajax and iggy.....add back in infante.......just think last year we had brad penny as our 5th starter and jhonny and raturd as our DP combo. Not to mention boesch in RF. this team has gotten better at alot of key spots since the middle of last year.

Most scouts believe hitting is a strength of Perez... He has shown he can hit.. just no power.. like a polanco type... Many scouts believe he will be a .300 hitter and has hit well in the minors. There are a few others like him in the system that can hit and play 2nd.. but don't have a ton of power.. Suarez, Castro, and Travis are 3 infield prospects like Perez that scouts believe will be above average hitters in the MLB with little to no power. Tigers infield actually looks ok in the lower minors.. I forget who said it... but its true.. most teams real talent is in high a ball or aa... aaa teams are where you put players that cant hack it.. or you don't have a place for like Castellanos... Castellanos is getting nothing out of being in aaa at this point but at bats against future or past 5th or 6th starters in the mlb.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello would be an all star in the NL

While I agree Porcello is a much better for the NL -- I still have a hard time saying he would be an all-star if he switched leagues.

Porcello's downfall is -- he just doesn't have an out pitch. When the balls don't find holes and he keeps hitters in the ballpark, he pitches well. When they do find holes -- he struggles. That is the life of a contact pitcher.

He has shown flashes this year with his curveball, that he can get strikeouts, but his last 10 starts -- he has 28 k's in just over 56 innings.

He has been stellar his last 5 starts, but 3 of the starts was against a CWS that is one of the worst teams in the MLB and one was against the Phillies minus Ryan Howard and Dominik Brown.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on Porcello -- until he develops an out pitch -- I think we are going to see the same type of pitcher we have seen the last couple years. A guy who will pitch great in stretches and then get bombed for a couple games, then pitch great for a couple, then get bombed.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castellanos could have forced the hand of DD and made him call him up by destroying aaa pitching.. but has not done that... so that being said.. AAA is rarely full of the teams top talent... its a place where the Casey Crosbys live and guys like Castellanos get stuck in purgatory before a spot opens up on the big league roster.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any weather reports from cleveland fans? Clear over there? Dark on the southside of chicago. Arods return could get rained out here. Gloomy here. Hope weathers all good in cleveland.

1hour away. Injun fans still have hope.....will they come friday? A win today, and ill feel confident with no less than a split with scherzer, JV, and fister up.....tonight is HUGE! And leyland has put his best lineup out there. Glad to see that.

Looks good for a game tonight

Tomorrow and Wednesday have a 40/50 percent chance of rain

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree Porcello is a much better for the NL -- I still have a hard time saying he would be an all-star if he switched leagues.

Porcello's downfall is -- he just doesn't have an out pitch. When the balls don't find holes and he keeps hitters in the ballpark, he pitches well. When they do find holes -- he struggles. That is the life of a contact pitcher.

He has shown flashes this year with his curveball, that he can get strikeouts, but his last 10 starts -- he has 28 k's in just over 56 innings.

He has been stellar his last 5 starts, but 3 of the starts was against a CWS that is one of the worst teams in the MLB and one was against the Phillies minus Ryan Howard and Dominik Brown.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on Porcello -- until he develops an out pitch -- I think we are going to see the same type of pitcher we have seen the last couple years. A guy who will pitch great in stretches and then get bombed for a couple games, then pitch great for a couple, then get bombed.

Just curious.. before Fister arrived in Det.. have you looked at his k/9? Porcello is a younger version of Fister... Fister put it all together at the age of around 27... increased his k's and kept the hr down... before he had a decent stat line.. but the k's jumped when he came to det... It happens all the time.. pitchers come into their own in the yrs of 25-29 all the time.. that is the period where guys just seem to figure it out.. not many guys under that age are consistent outside a guy like Kershaw who is a future HOFer in the making.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong that I hope Arod actually performs well to stick it down the yankees throat? I don't blame arod here... i blame the yanks for giving him a contract he felt he needed to do some extra stuff to live up too... Not an arod fan.. but the never ending bashing in the media and guys like curt schilling who himself was accused of being a roider saying what he is saying.. Its amazing to me that people in the media and former players are so stupid to ask why arod wont just come out and say he didnt use if he is clean... he cant... he cant say anything.. his lawyers are in the middle of a battle and dont need him saying anything that can affect his case... I am SURE he roided... but seriously I am actually starting to take arods side and hope he gets his money with the way MLB is using the media to try to blast him.. but slapped Braun on the wrist for doing what I think is actually worse... not only did braun roid.. but he got out of a suspension by getting a regular guy fired at the lab that took the samples... arod should get the same 65 game ban as braun.. no more than 100.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hung on to the game as long as I could, but I gotta cut out for a prior engagement, leaving by 9:30 to be on time. Good job by Kluber, really kept the Tigers off balance. I'm leaving at 2-0 Indians in the 7th. Well done guys.. hoping the Tigers can hang onto 1st by the end of this series. See y'all this w/e. Have a great week everyone. God bless!!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avila does it again ! Yesss !

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outplay em for 8 solid innings and perez fucks it up!!!

And by fucking Avila, a shit player! Fuckn Pathetic Perez!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Indians just shit their pants vs the Kitties. Twins got raped 1 inning by the Royals.

Royals fans are sad. Already conceding the division. Celebrating Avila's homer. Just want the wildcard LOL.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avila's been clutch lately.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Indians just shit their pants vs the Kitties. Twins got raped 1 inning by the Royals.

Royals fans are sad. Already conceding the division. Celebrating Avila's homer. Just want the wildcard LOL.

Royals' fans :L

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow....sorry Tribe fans....that one must of hurt.

On my usual negative note. Tigers beat the Indian's closer. They didn't beat the Indian's team. And, I have to admit that Cabrera's hobbling has me concerned.

Shano....when will you ever learn to WAIT? First - celebrating a World Series in June and now declaring victory in the 8th inning. It seems you just keep asking for it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious.. before Fister arrived in Det.. have you looked at his k/9? Porcello is a younger version of Fister... Fister put it all together at the age of around 27... increased his k's and kept the hr down... before he had a decent stat line.. but the k's jumped when he came to det.

I understand what you are saying, but even Fister, while a comparable pitcher, has put up numbers Porcello hasn't come close to. Fister's home run line hasn't changed since he came to the MLB -- he has given up 60 homeruns since 2009 -- Porcello has given up 87 since 2009. Fister has given up a little less than a hit per inning over the 5 years. Porcello has given up 925 hits in 811 IP.

Trust me -- I would LOVE to see Porcello turn into a top end starter, but until he shows he has an out pitch, I believe we are going to see a lot of the same from him.

It is nothing new for him to go thru 4 and 5 games stretches with him looking like he has turned a corner, only to get lit up for 6 or 7 runs for 1 or 2 starts. He has done the same thing for much of his career.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Carroll on the mound!!!!