• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every team is winning except the White Sox. Fuck em and the Hawk!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical homer picks....but ill give u a pass.....kluber over sanchez? Ill give you masterson since JV has been off....but he is due vs the injuns. Then you give fister the edge....with a but......capable? How many games has he started? Fister has been doing this for a few years now.....then vs scherzer....your guy MIGHT have a gem? Well any of those 4 tiger pitchers have BEEN pitching gems.

If anything, it comes down to miggys health....if he doesnt play a game or two, then the injuns have a huge hitting adv. miggy makes that lineup go....these scratch em out victories are nice and good for the long run, but we need miggy batting 3rd, not don kelly or 2E.

I am being honest. All games could go either way, even Scherzer. He got a no decision last time we played him and he is due for a loss.

We should at least win 2 and hopefully 3!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck em and the Hawk!

Yep, aside from Tim McCarver and Joe Buck, Hawk is as bad as it gets

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Salazars pitched more than 2 times - dont know why I said that - but i do know he hasnt pitched the entire season because when he came up everyone was scrambling to get him in fantasy

Salazar has been kept down because theyve felt he isnt ready (maturity-wise) for the bigs - basically grooming him for next year & bringing him up sporadically for the experience. Bauer is a loose cannon. Note he has NOT been brought up again & most likely wont be. Wouldnt be surprised if he got dealt off season (if another team feels it can handle his Arod-type ego)...

Salazar has pitched more than 2 times?

If you meant fernandez then youre wrong again.....jose fernandez has pitched with miami THE ENTIRE SEASON. what league do you play in? I drafted him in my keeper league. He had one of the best minor league seasons last year. High K rate. Been up all year...but if salazar has fernandez stuff, he shouldve been up regardless. Fernandez has been great for 2 years now. One year in minors one in the MLB.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, aside from Tim McCarver and Joe Buck, Hawk is as bad as it gets

Yeah and i live in chicago, so when the tigs play the sox they black out detroits channel on the mlb. Sucks having to listen to the hawk. He got soooooo mad today. Was great!!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salazars got Fernandez type stuff

are you delusional? Salazar hasn't even averaged a strikeout an inning in the minor leagues and he has never pitched in Triple A.

it is one thing to have blinders on, but that comment makes me feel as if you are absolutely clueless.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being honest. All games could go either way, even Scherzer. He got a no decision last time we played him and he is due for a loss.

We should at least win 2 and hopefully 3!

I agree with that....both teams can win 3-1 and it can easily be 2-2. Dont think either team will get the 4-0 sweep. But ill take a 2-2 split in cleveland. Especially with miggy hurting and infante out.....long winning streak ...12 outta 13...... Gotta lose a few soon.....just hope a split happens, and then we can hit the final stretch.....more games with the sox.......got a home with seattle......and finish with miami.....and fernandez, being on a pitch limit this year could be shut down, meaning detroit wont have to face miamis number one weapon. If the al central keeps it up though, we could get a WC team.....nobody seen that coming.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you delusional? Salazar hasn't even averaged a strikeout an inning in the minor leagues and he has never pitched in Triple A.

it is one thing to have blinders on, but that comment makes me feel as if you are absolutely clueless.

Maybe the 1 game below 1.000 confused him. I myself think hes never heard of fernandez until he shut the injuns down. Kids been the ace of my fantasy staff....not hard since i drop pitchers every week.....but not him or lester. Last sundays game was amazing vs the pirates. Caught myself watching that game over the tigers.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salazar is 2 more years older than fernandez.....not ready? But has his stuff? Salazar has pitched SIX innings in the majors. Kind of quick to say he has "fernandez type stuff".....

If dougie said porcello had fernandez type stuff, everyone would jump all over him.....and porcellos barely a year older than salazar. But has many wins and QS's under his belt.....let the kid make the team and do something before hes the next big thing.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The tigs had 5 games this week....2 off days....i can understand miggy sitting, but tori looked fine....notice miggy and tori get in and win it....but still....really? Don kelly batting 3rd? I guess he truly is this years raburn....stick him right in the 3 hole ala raturd.

Big win though.....didnt expect a win today....but mr porcello cruised right along just like all the tigers starters. Another day, another QS.

Just an absolutely ridiculous lineup today. During a pennant race, you NEVER run out a lineup like that, especially against a hot rotation like the White Sox have had in recent weeks. There's 0 excuse for Hunter and Tuiasosopo not being in therr as starters, and Kelly 3rd just takes the cake. I truly think it's timr for DD and Illitch to sit Leyland doen and remind him of how pennant races work, especially when your team has already had 2 off days in a week. You would think that with as many races as Leyland has been through that he would know better. NO EXCUSE.

On the bright side, it looks like Rondon is steadily figuring it out with that 101/102 laser of his. It was very relieving to see a strong pen at work today for the 1st time since like, the Mayflower. 2 strong innings from each Veras and Rondon after Smyly gives up a rare run (he was entitled to that blip). As to Porcello, don't look now, but his ERA is now down to 4.28.. not great by any means, but not an eyesore anymore either.. and quite good for a #5 starter.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salazar is 2 more years older than fernandez.....not ready? But has his stuff? Salazar has pitched SIX innings in the majors. Kind of quick to say he has "fernandez type stuff".....

If dougie said porcello had fernandez type stuff, everyone would jump all over him.....and porcellos barely a year older than salazar. But has many wins and QS's under his belt.....let the kid make the team and do something before hes the next big thing.

Great post on so many levels cleaves... First... Salazar is no where near Fernandez in talent.. he has potential.. but lets be honest here... Fernandez has destroyed MLB pitchers all year.. and is younger than Salazar... with better stuff period. Just a homer comment by the indians homer. Second Dougie is a homer that everyone jumps on here.. and Dougie loves it and hams it up.. so i am not about to defend him.. he doesn't need it.. but there are some serious homers here from other teams that say things just as dumb and nobody jumps on them.. but like i said.. dougie loves the attention and some of his posts make me crack up laughing.. i love the guy... Last reason why you had a great post here.... I am sick of Porcello bashing... the kid is the same age or only slightly older than most rookies or top prospects.. he is still developing just like any other 24 yr old pitcher is.. development doesn't stop because you are in the majors and not the minors... Porcello has just as high of a ceiling as rookies like Kyle Gibson (25 yrs old and the twins top pitching prospect going into the year... yes.. older than porcello and a top prospect), Chris Archer (rookie of the yr canidate), or Dan Straily. Rookies the same age as Porcello but stashed in the minors so they could develop in peace and not have idiot fans calling them out while they learn like Porcello has. The kid has every bit the talent of these guys... maybe more.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly think it's timr for DD and Illitch to sit Leyland doen and remind him of how pennant races work, especially when your team has already had 2 off days in a week. You would think that with as many races as Leyland has been through that he would know better. NO EXCUSE.

Do you really think that old man Illitch talks to anyone on the tigers? When is the last time you saw him around? His son runs the team... he is just sitting in a recliner somewhere watching on tv... probably sleeping through the game. Only thing I agree with is Don Kelly hitting 3rd... You rest guys against crap teams like the white sox... there is two months of grind left and you have to find places to rest guys like hunter. As for kelly batting third.. I don't get it but I will leave it alone.. because they won... and because I think leyland does a better job than given credit for most of the time and deserves to be left to run the team as he sees fit as long as the team is in first and position to make the playoffs.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again.. when you are in a pennant race and you have a team breathing down your neck in the standings, plus you have already had 2 days off in a eeek, AND you are facing a hot rotation like the White Sox have had (bad record or not) you DON'T put that type of lineup out there.. PERIOD. They won only because Leyland finally had sense enough to send Miggy and Torii to the plate, not because of the trash lineup who was in there. I don't get down on Leyland for everything, but this was deserved.. end of story!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello does not have equal upside to Archer or even straily. Archer is a stud and another great one for the Rays.

Ill give you Gibson because hes older and sucked ass so far.

Lastly, Fernandez is nuts. Next King Felix baby!!!

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one have no idea how much more ceiling Porcello has, but what I do know is that he should benefit big time by having an infield vacuum like Iglesias behind him. Even if all the other 24/25 y/o and their grannies pass him ceiling wise, just give me an ERA of around 4.00 for Porcello, bring our 5th starter and I'm more than pleased.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello does not have equal upside to Archer or even straily. Archer is a stud and another great one for the Rays.

Ill give you Gibson because hes older and sucked ass so far.

Lastly, Fernandez is nuts. Next King Felix baby!!!

Archer has how many starts? You are saying he is better than porcello.. who is the same age... yet you are judging that off 12 starts in 2013.... I know its not off the 4 starts from last year where he was no better than porcello was... Anyone saying Archer has more potential than Porcello is so short sighted its not even funny... Porcello was pitching as a 5th starter in the majors when Archer was crapping his pants in the minors.. yet they are two months apart in age.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ Who let this syphilis infected cum bubble back into the conversation? ^^^^

Tonedef75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? "Injun fans done lost their mind?" So you're going to judge the entire fan base by Capt's obviously incorrect posts. That's like judging the entire Tigers fan base on what Doug posts.

Fernandez 2nd ML start? Fernandez has been pitching all year.....unless the injuns played miami at the beginning of the season.....fernandez was an all star wasnt he? Comparing salazar to fernandez is amusing. Ive seen plenty of experts say fernandez is a future cy young winner. Show me ONE non cleveland fan who has said that.....if salazar was that good like fernandez....why wasnt he pitching earlier? They had bauer out there.

Guys pitched one game and you are comparing him to jose fernandez.

First the 1 game under 1.000, now salazar is as good as fernandez......not to forget fernandez SUPPOSEDLY pitching in only his SECOND ML game. This shit is getting hilarious. Injun fans done lost their minds. Unless someone hacked into capts account, hes really off the deep end today.

Tonedef75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for those Tig fans questioning Leylands decisions yesterday, I'm with you. When your team is on the eve of one of its biggest road series of the remainder of the season you don't sit 2 of your biggest bats. I understand resting Miggy, but Hunter needed to be playing the entire game.

As an Indians fan, I was thrilled to see that game go into extra innings. I was hoping to see it go longer. Since Rondon had to go 2 innings today, I'm guessing he will most likely be unavailable for tonight's game and every little thing could make a difference in this series. With Ubaldo Jimenez being pushed out for the Anaheim series, the starting pitching marchups shape up to be closer than fans realize.

I think most Indians fans don't realize just how good the Tigers' starters have been all year, and I think Tiger fans are really underestimating how good the Indians starting pitching has been since Kluber and Mcallister have returned from injuries. Kluber has only given up a total of 13 earned runs in his last 6 starts and has his ERA down to 3.77. Masterson has struggled against the Tigers this year, but he's pitched a couple of gems lately. Yes, Salazar is no Fernandez, but he pitched a gem in his first ML game. I believe he pitched a no-hitter through 7 in his minor league start before his 1st call up and also through no hit ball in his last minor league start. If Miggy only can go in 1 game this series then I hope it's this one. I want to see how Salazar handles this offense in this type of pressure situation. If McCallister starts game 4, he'll be bringing a decent 3.47 ERA that includes a total of 7 earned runs in the 3 starts that he has bad since coming off the DL.

Unless I'm mistaken, every starter in this series has a sub 4 ERA. I can't remember the last time I've seen that in a 4 game series.