• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tribe 37-19 (one short of 1.000) at home.

Capt O -- the Tribe would have to be 55-1 at home to be 'one short of 1.000'. I'm guessing you are not a math fan.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iffy has been teaching him
BAWWWHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

8 straight sell outs at home for the tigers..or as they were called on Saturday night(latino night)..TIGRES. Tigers look to go over 3 million again this year.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 'donating' of Sunday games needs to stop now. The Tigers could hsve put a MUCH better lineup out there than this, and everyone knows it. The way Leyland throws away Sunday games is the biggest reason why so many Tiger fans are in a perpetual state of piss off toward Leyland. Don't even try to tell me he's going to do this in September too. If he does, he needs to lose his job.. end of story.

I agree. The tigs had 5 games this week....2 off days....i can understand miggy sitting, but tori looked fine....notice miggy and tori get in and win it....but still....really? Don kelly batting 3rd? I guess he truly is this years raburn....stick him right in the 3 hole ala raturd.

Big win though.....didnt expect a win today....but mr porcello cruised right along just like all the tigers starters. Another day, another QS.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticex I accidentally gave Kelly credit for the bunt instead of Jackson. Goes to show that we've been seeing Kelly in the linrup far more often than we should.

Yeah cux kelly failed to get the bunt down earlier...dont get me wrong....im not shitting on DK....just the choice of batting him 3rd.....so he would have a chance to get more AB's then vmart or peralta.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland tried to give this game away. but Tigers held on to win it in the 12th.

why o why did Leyland let the lefty Smyly face Dunn?????
Vegas was warmed up and he came in and pitched a 1 2 3 9th.bad move on leylands part...but iam sure IFFY wont see it that way

Dunn? He struck out dunn....the question is why didnt veras come out in the 9th to face the righty konerko.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances with Kluber vs Sanchez.

Masty vs JV. I like Masty. He has been pitching like a top 5 SP recently.

Fister vs Salazar. Fister has been great off late. Adv Tigs but Salazar is capable but young.

Scherzer vs Mccalister. Scherzer has adv obviously. But Mccalister has a gem in him, we have seen it before.

2-2 split is likely.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Stats sample are for the entire '13 season to date

JV stands no chance against Masty. We've owned him 2 out of 3 games for the last 2 seasons

No chance? Really?

I dont think your giving fister much respect. Since were picking and choosing stats.....look at fisters last 5 starts. On fire! Sanchez is having a pretty damn good year also...ERA not too shabby.

If the tigers lose 3 or more, it wont be because of the starting pitching, it will be our lack of hitting....we didnt hit well vs the sox....we just out pitched them every game. Clevelands starters are worse than the sox i think.....sox 10 game losing streak, and i believe their starters have had a QS in every loss. They cant hit for shit. All tigers need is a split.....steal 3 would be huge.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but, huh?

I was wondering the same thing. 1 game under 1.000? Wth does that mean? Wouldnt that be 99-1? Lost me on that one capt....better stop arguing wit dougie:suds:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fister vs Salazar. Fister has been great off late. Adv Tigs but Salazar is capable but young.

Scherzer vs Mccalister. Scherzer has adv obviously. But Mccalister has a gem in him, we have seen it before.

2-2 split is likely.

Typical homer picks....but ill give u a pass.....kluber over sanchez? Ill give you masterson since JV has been off....but he is due vs the injuns. Then you give fister the edge....with a but......capable? How many games has he started? Fister has been doing this for a few years now.....then vs scherzer....your guy MIGHT have a gem? Well any of those 4 tiger pitchers have BEEN pitching gems.

If anything, it comes down to miggys health....if he doesnt play a game or two, then the injuns have a huge hitting adv. miggy makes that lineup go....these scratch em out victories are nice and good for the long run, but we need miggy batting 3rd, not don kelly or 2E.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys forgetting the Twins swept the Astros? That's big news. :gaah:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunn? He struck out dunn....the question is why didnt veras come out in the 9th to face the righty konerko.

Yeah that would have made sense, especially with Konerko 4 for 6 lifetime against Smyly... now 5 for 7. As for Kelly batting 3rd, sometimes I think Leyland does stuff like that just to piss people off.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2-2 split is likely.

The one pitcher who has been pitching really well for the Indians this year, Masterson, has been absolutely horrible against the Tigers, not only this year (0-2 with 7.71 ERA), but his career (2-8 with a 6.00+ ERA).

Should be an entertaining series to watch, but I think with the pitching matchups, Cleveland would be happy to get a 2-2 split. I know Cleveland has played really well at home, but Detroit is 4-1 at Cleveland this year.

I just think Detroit is a terrible match up for Cleveland. Outside of speed on the base paths -- Cleveland doesn't hold any advantage over Detroit and you have to get those players on base to take advantage of their speed.

I think Detroit takes 3 of 4. The first game will set the tone for the series though. I really like how Kluber pitches. If he can get Cleveland a win in the 1st game, it could give them some confidence going forward in the series.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you give fister the edge....with a but......capable? How many games has he started? Fister has been doing this for a few years now.....

Salazars got Fernandez type stuff - & as we all know Fernandez (in his 2nd ML game) baffled our lineup several times through. Salazar will probly baffle the Tigs lineup as well. Game #2 for him in the bigs as well - & he won the 1st.

Fister aint that great & we know what hes got so....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salazars got Fernandez type stuff - & as we all know Fernandez (in his 2nd ML game) baffled our lineup several times through. Salazar will probly baffle the Tigs lineup as well. Game #2 for him in the bigs as well - & he won the 1st.

Capt0 are you drunk today?

Fernandez has pitched all year. He was an All Star. That wasn't his second game.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia goes yard and wins the game!!!

Too bad Twins management doesn't listen to me. Kid is a stud and should always play.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fernandez 2nd ML start? Fernandez has been pitching all year.....unless the injuns played miami at the beginning of the season.....fernandez was an all star wasnt he? Comparing salazar to fernandez is amusing. Ive seen plenty of experts say fernandez is a future cy young winner. Show me ONE non cleveland fan who has said that.....if salazar was that good like fernandez....why wasnt he pitching earlier? They had bauer out there.

Guys pitched one game and you are comparing him to jose fernandez.

First the 1 game under 1.000, now salazar is as good as fernandez......not to forget fernandez SUPPOSEDLY pitching in only his SECOND ML game. This shit is getting hilarious. Injun fans done lost their minds. Unless someone hacked into capts account, hes really off the deep end today.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose fernandez

21 starts
8-5
138 K's
2.53 ERA
1.01 WHIP

been on my fantasy team all year

Still waiting to hear the 1 game below 1.000 explanation as well.....how could a baseball fan have not heard about fernandez the last 3-5 weeks. Hes been one of the best pitchers. Now some injun had ONE good start and he has "fernandez stuff"? Wow that might be the future injun call that replaces the great "ALL HAIL UBALDO" chant that fightclub made when the injuns got him and he predicted the injuns winning it all......ALL HAIL UBALDO!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Salazars pitched more than 2 times - dont know why I said that - but i do know he hasnt pitched the entire season because when he came up everyone was scrambling to get him in fantasy

Salazar has been kept down because theyve felt he isnt ready (maturity-wise) for the bigs - basically grooming him for next year & bringing him up sporadically for the experience. Bauer is a loose cannon. Note he has NOT been brought up again & most likely wont be. Wouldnt be surprised if he got dealt off season (if another team feels it can handle his Arod-type ego)...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that I am looking forward to the excuses cooked up by both sides in this coming 4 game series. Both sides would like to come out 3-1 on the series, and if one side does fall short - excuses will be coming hot and heavy. I figure even with a 2-2 split, there will be excuses aplenty!

PS.....got my fingers crossed that the Detroit fans can come up with some different excuses, if the Tigers come up short. They have worn out the "blame the manager" one.