• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fawk.....i wanted crain.....good pickup for the rays. The rays should thank the royals for myers. KC shows why they are KC....they trade a great hitter, and now they cant hit.

Well the injuns catch a break today. No peavy. Hopefully by the time the tigs play them agin, peavy and rios will be gone.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting race, especially with the way the Royals have been playing lately. The Tigs still have like 10 or 11 games against them (including a 5 game series near the middle of August) whereas the Tribe only have 6 or 7 against KC.

I'd say the easiest way for the Tigers to win the ALC is to beat up on their own division, including the Royals. We've done okay vs. Cleveland, but the Royals seem to give us a battle every game.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well got me a private message from vice. Iffy ran back and posted some crap from in here. Oh well. Im puting iffy on ignore now. Too childish for me. So go ahead and stir iffy....imma step away from you and let you have fun repeating the same crap about JV or how tiger fans keep saying the injuns will fold...actually 2 years ago they folded in august when detroit whooped on them in a detroit home series. But enjoy old iffy capt.....just remember anything u say, he will paste and show your buddy vice.

Ive said all along vice didnt bother me, but i understood how some of u felt....so iffy waited for that ONE post where i was trying to compare how iffy acts to some is how capt felt about vice. If they are going to let iffy hijack threads i think they ought to let vice back. At least he talked baseball more than iffy who just sounds like a broken record. So as of now.....ig ig ig nore!

Sorry.....I can't explain this. I do not even understand what he is talking about. "Ran back"? "Hijack threads"? Capt....since you were mentioned....any clue about this? :noidea:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the easiest way for the Tigers to win the ALC is to beat up on their own division, including the Royals. We've done okay vs. Cleveland, but the Royals seem to give us a battle every game.

I hate playing the royals. Butler seems to kill us. Especially JV.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that mlb trade rumors is reading the Tigers lack of interest in getting a SS, means they have assurance that Peralta will fight any suspension and probably finish the season. A gamble, to be sure.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beard is going to the dodgers

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers should feel confident today. Sure, they are facing Strasburg. But that generally means the Nats will get close to shut out.

Tonedef75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I normally wouldn't think the Indians would have a chance to take the division and only be looking at a wildcard birth, but since the Tigs still have 11 games against the Royals, the Indians have a slight chance. Fortunately for the Tiggers, 8 of those games are in Detroit.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Twins will get bold and get Sano up here in September to play spoiler.

Minors are getting too easy for him. Just resulting in showboating and benchings.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers should feel confident today. Sure, they are facing Strasburg. But that
generally means the Nats will get close to shut out.

Yeah, Strasburg (5-8, 2.85) has gotten crummy run support, as have most of the Nats pitchers this season. But Anibal Sanchez (8-7, 2.68) hasn't gotten a ton of support either.

I wonder if Jayson Werth will start tonight ... career 5-for-30 (.167) off Sanchez with 19 strikeouts. Yeeowtch!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the injuns catch a break today. No peavy. Hopefully by the time the tigs play them agin, peavy and rios will be gone.

Scratched. Not surprising since Ventura mentioned yesterday before the game that he didnt have much in his locker. Guess that means hes gonna be on his way somewhere else tomorrow...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratched. Not surprising since Ventura mentioned yesterday before the game that he didnt have much in his locker. Guess that means hes gonna be on his way somewhere else tomorrow...

May just also be a thing that in case hes moved they don't want him getting bombed right before the deadline. Also, who ever gets him may like to have him available right away.

If he pitches today he probably doesn't start for his new team til Sunday at least, maybe monday.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please iffy stop private messaging me. Youre irritating. Im not gonna play you and vices game. First he PM me......now you......hmmmmm

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imma step away from you and let you have fun repeating the same crap about JV or how tiger fans keep saying the injuns will fold...

Iffy started the JV, Tribe folding, Rays being in AL Central stuff, but me & a few others picked it up & ran with it. Just too much fun ragging on dougie. If you remember back to cBS, I ragged on him a lot there too

Re: Vice, it seems weve settled our differences & been having good convos over on Tracker. Thought about asking Hammer if he could come back since it was my fault he got banned to begin with. Good idea or not?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tigers usually do good against the "name" pitchers......its the bums it seems we have problems with. They did beat that bum the phils threw out there the other day.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy started the JV, Tribe folding, Rays being in AL Central stuff, but me & a few others picked it up & ran with it. Just too much fun ragging on dougie. If you remember back to cBS, I ragged on him a lot there too

Re: Vice, it seems weve settled our differences & been having good convos over on Tracker. Thought about asking Hammer if he could come back since it was my fault he got banned to begin with. Good idea or not?

Like i said ive never had a problem with him. When he talks baseball, he is very easy to talk to.....im just getting sick of all the other BS. Its instigators like iffy that keep this shit going on and on. People like that need the drama and attention in their lives. I dont. And everyone rags on dougie. But what would we do without him....especially since college football is around the corner....now i can join in.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats also why iffy came to this board capt.....to throw other fans bits and pieces to pick it up and run with it......he is the "straw" ......if you ever peek in the tigers room....you will notice hes more tame in there since hes walking on thin ice in there....plus more than half the people have him on ig anyways.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well anyways its the injuns time to beat up on the sox....hoping the sox can pull off 1 or 2. But that would be a miracle. Tigers just have to keep winning and take care of their business

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about Iffy.....like cleaves wants to. lol

Kind of odd that I'm getting Smacked for talking Smack to dougie on a thread with Smack in the title. lol

bigkurty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Tribe making any trades before the deadline? I only heard the Matt Garza connection, and that was it. Trade market seems pretty thin if that's the best signing this summer.