• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said Capt.....the guy does nothing but post about me. Check out the threads on the several Tiger threads.....all he does is post about ME!

:laugh3:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies to the other posters here. I will shut up and let cleaves ramble on (again). Just wanted to let you know that he has posted AT LEAST six posts about ME, just today. Sorry.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Sox may be sending Crain to the Rays today. I wonder if that will help the Rays win the 'Central Division'? I am sure it will be discussed this evening - lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know a lot about Veras aside from his season this year but probably can't be a bad move for the Kitties

Rays got Crain though. That could be a huge deal. If he gets healthy they took a big step and sounds like it is a deal completely around incentives.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it was a rental from the article on CBS. he scares me tho....maybe it was his blown save against the tigers this year, but he reminds me of valverde. Still want gregorson or crain, once hes healthy.

Alot of people will blow saves against heavy lineups like the Tigers, but don't look at that because very few other lineups are anywhere near as fierce as that one. The thing to look at is his OVERALL #s. 19 for 23 in saves... 45 K across 44 IP.. Sub .200 BAA 2.93 ERA. All that while pitching for a bad team. The guy is a good pitcher who's only going to spot close to spell Benoit at times, and to work alongside Smyly and Rondon in the 8th and 7th to provide a quality set-up option there.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when Giambi connects its headed out to the lake

Ugly win but Ill take it

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, don't look now but the Rays are back in first, i'm thinking they got the Central wrapped up...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh, don't look now but the Rays are back in first, i'm thinking they got the Central wrapped up...

Locked & loaded. Tigs & Tribe gonna have to struggle for a WC now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man when Giambi connects its headed out to the lake

Ugly win but Ill take it

No kidding.

Starting pitching has been amazing! Bullpen has improved. Offense has been off and on. 5 in a row!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you two have not gotten the message that the Tribe will fold. Many Tiger fans have been predicting it since May. doug predicted it last year...maybe even before that....perhaps when Ordonez hit that homer (wherever and whenever that was).

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yea. Tigers get bull pen help.
this kid is a real go getter.
maybe now we can get rid of Coke...oo wait Leyland loves the guy

also..Dotel is almost ready to come back. it just keeps getting better and better for the defending American League Champs

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has nosfer started the parade yet for the Rays??? He shore is a smart one..July 29 and he crowns them champs!!!

almost as smart as his uncle Iffy. bench the best pitcher in the game the last 3 years..cause he has only won 10 games by July 29.. you guys are awesome. maybe you should both be GMs.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yea. Tigers get bull pen help.
this kid is a real go getter.
maybe now we can get rid of Coke...oo wait Leyland loves the guy

also..Dotel is almost ready to come back. it just keeps getting better and better for the defending American League Champs

doug, I realize that you like to exaggerate and/or make things up....but Dotel is not almost ready to comeback. Today he threw batting practice for the Lakeland (A) club. They hope that he will be able to throw a bullpen session in a couple of days....leading up to a longer than normal rehab assignment...since he has not pitched since April. If all goes well, he could be back in the last half of August.

Your remark on Veras....."This kid is a real go getter." Well dougie, Veras is 32 and has played in the majors for 8 years. Thirty two, doug. Kid? If he is a kid, you must be pretty old.

:wtf2:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you two have not gotten the message that the Tribe will fold.

Obviously no one knows. It is certainly not the same Cleveland team as in 2011 and 2012. The Tigers were actually behind the White Sox headed into September last year, and it was the White Sox who folded. (Cleveland had steadily fallen out of the race by then.) Let's hope the Tigers don't do what the White Sox did last season.

I still think the Tigers just have to take care of their own business, get to 90 wins, and the rest will sort itself out.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously no one knows. It is certainly not the same Cleveland team as in 2011 and 2012. The Tigers were actually behind the White Sox headed into September last year, and it was the White Sox who folded.

Just goes to show nothings predictable, nothings a given... (dougie you paying attention to this or does that concept go over your head?) :rollseyes:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the tribe did not get the memo that they would fold!

Got to give them credit Detroit has been playing good ball and has not been able to expand their lead. I am just thankful the Sox will not give Peavy away inside the division.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well got me a private message from vice. Iffy ran back and posted some crap from in here. Oh well. Im puting iffy on ignore now. Too childish for me. So go ahead and stir iffy....imma step away from you and let you have fun repeating the same crap about JV or how tiger fans keep saying the injuns will fold...actually 2 years ago they folded in august when detroit whooped on them in a detroit home series. But enjoy old iffy capt.....just remember anything u say, he will paste and show your buddy vice.

Ive said all along vice didnt bother me, but i understood how some of u felt....so iffy waited for that ONE post where i was trying to compare how iffy acts to some is how capt felt about vice. If they are going to let iffy hijack threads i think they ought to let vice back. At least he talked baseball more than iffy who just sounds like a broken record. So as of now.....ig ig ig nore!

Tonedef75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously no one knows. It is certainly not the same Cleveland team as in 2011 and 2012. The Tigers were actually behind the White Sox headed into September last year, and it was the White Sox who folded. (Cleveland had steadily fallen out of the race by then.) Let's hope the Tigers don't do what the White Sox did last season.

I still think the Tigers just have to take care of their own business, get to 90 wins, and the rest will sort itself out.
Should be an interesting race, especially with the way the Royals have been playing lately. The Tigs still have like 10 or 11 games against them (including a 5 game series near the middle of August) whereas the Tribe only have 6 or 7 against KC. Both teams also have a fairly favorable remaining schedule with the exception of two 10 game road trips for Detroit and a long west coast trip for Cleveland. Still anyone's game.