• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if it handicaps your FA moves or if the owners will still spend money.

It’s gonna be a couple of years ... we are in the middle of a total rebuild. I predict the Indians will still own the division for another year. The White Sox are pretty close to competing, I don’t really understand the Twins and the Royals are further away then we are. The Indians need to find an outfield somewhere.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers should think about signing Matt Shoemaker...
LAA non-tendered his expected $4.3-4.8 arbitration raise. He has had injury problems but he is an Eastern Michigan guy...so that is worth money :)

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we finally got out from under one of the worst contracts in pro sports after last season. :yes:

Probably one of the nicest guys ... but damn those long term contracts hurt ... see Miguel Cabrera ... great guy, great teammate, but burdensome contact.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians extend Carrasco through '22

...and I've heard that there's a a club option for '23.
very affordable

wonder if Bauer or Kluber will go and for what....

maybe they will just run it back one more year and see what happens. Really no urgency to make a move before thedeadline unless they get blown away.

Maybe, in a contract year, Kipnis wont suck a big fat schwance.

yah- prob not- he will prob be awful again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Kluber move before the league realizes that he's got serious back issues.
if they can get a package somewhere in between what the Sox got for Sale and what the Rays got for Archer they have to seriously think about it.

Kluber is probably a little less valuable than Sale but more valuable than Archer. I would think they should get at least 1 top flight prospect, one young, cheap controllable major leaguer, and a couple minor pieces for him- at the very least.

Bauer is better than Corbin, and Bauer will prob cost about 26M-30M over the next 2 years- which is still a very good deal- and less annually than a guy like Eovaldi got. I would expect an Archer-like haul him for at the least.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Too bad Kipnis' contract is such a dumpster fire. EE's is basically 25M since i believe he has a 5M dollar buyout the following year which is definitely not going to be picked up. Paying those 2 about a combined 40M, along with Alonso's 8M, is really hamstringing the Indians.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Moore and Tyson Ross added to Tiger's rotation. Along with Gimpy Fulmer, Boyd and ''HaHa'' Zimmermann....and they can challenge the Indian rotation, as soon as they trade both Kluber and Bauer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Moore and Tyson Ross added to Tiger's rotation. Along with Gimpy Fulmer, Boyd and ''HaHa'' Zimmermann....and they can challenge the Indian rotation, as soon as they trade both Kluber and Bauer.
i dunno...if the Tribe dealt Kluber and Bauer quit baseball tomorrowt he Tribe would still have Carrasco, Clevinger, Bieber, Salazar, their top prospect McKenzie etc......thats actually pretty damn solid--- esp. if Salazar - while highly doubtful, could get healthy.

honestly- if Salazar got healthy- which as i said- humongous IF- even without both bauer and kluber, thatis still a really good rotation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sideways deal at best.
sounds like Bauers might play a corner outfield position which actually might be fairly productive....

Tribe gets 2 years of Santana for 29M after all is said and done- instead of 1 year of Encarnacion for 25M.

That definitely helps their payroll situation - being able to spread that 29M over 2 years.

so....between getting rid of Gomes and Encarnacion and bringing in Santana they have lowered this years payroll obligations by almost 18M.

If they can just get rid of Alonso they might be in good shape to make a proactive move or two.

If they can get rid of Alonso they just might not have to move BAuer or Kluber unless the rEALLY REALLY get blown away.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Bauers might play a corner outfield position which actually might be fairly productive....

Tribe gets 2 years of Santana for 29M after all is said and done- instead of 1 year of Encarnacion for 25M.

That definitely helps their payroll situation - being able to spread that 29M over 2 years.

so....between getting rid of Gomes and Encarnacion and bringing in Santana they have lowered this years payroll obligations by almost 18M.

If they can just get rid of Alonso they might be in good shape to make a proactive move or two.

If they can get rid of Alonso they just might not have to move BAuer or Kluber unless the rEALLY REALLY get blown away.
I'd like them to move Kluber though, depending on the return. I don't know why they need to get rid of Alonso either. I'm not sure what proactive move they could make, but if they're actually going to try and be aggressive, great.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers add Jordy Mercer's .250 bat....aim to wrap up 4th place in AL Central by All-Star game.