• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Niners are $38.91 million over the cap as it stands in 2025 with 55 players under contract. Giving Aiyuk $25 million or more per year on top of what they're already paying their top stars seems challenging. There are ways to manipulate the salary cap, but this situation is getting messier with every passing day.

save our resources and either higgins or BA will shake through

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have stated repeatedly that they have no interest in trading Aiyuk, but there are two big caveats that go along with that positioning. Those two are 1st round pick Ricky Pearsall and 4th round selection Jacob Cowing who represent insurance policies in the event that the 49ers' receiving corps loses one of its top weapons. ( they anticipated this because they also have to pay Purdy next year) If one or both prove that they can adequately fill in for Aiyuk or Deebo, during camp, or preseason that reluctance to trade goes away and the 49ers WILL become active traders. (49ers veterans report to camp on July 23rd)
Aiyuk reporting or not reporting is definitely the next domino to fall.

Pearsall just got put on the PUP. Not sure how that affects things.

49ers burnt a 3rd on Chase in an effort to win the Superbowl. They are all in. I could see them making a run with Aiyuk and taking the comp 3rd. It might be a necessary sacrifice to bring home a Lombardi.

Fingers crossed that Pearsall and/or Cowing ball out in camp/preseason.

I just think it's going to take a lot more than what some think. The minute word spreads that Aiyuk is really available, there will be a bidding war. The 49ers will see to it.

I'm keeping an eye on it for sure. Just kinda taking the approach of, if it happens it happens.

I'd do a #2 and Luke. I just don't think that gets it's done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers burnt a 3rd on Chase in an effort to win the Superbowl. They are all in. I could see them making a run with Aiyuk and taking the comp 3rd. It might be a necessary sacrifice to bring home a Lombardi.

I just think it's going to take a lot more than what some think. The minute word spreads that Aiyuk is really available, there will be a bidding war. The 49ers will see to it.

I'm keeping an eye on it for sure. Just kinda taking the approach of, if it happens it happens.

pass on a trade , hard pass, assess what we have this year and see what luke has and see whoo shakes out of the BA / higgins treenext year

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pass on a trade , hard pass, assess what we have this year and see what luke has and see whoo shakes out of the BA / higgins treenext year
I get that. Some days I feel that way. Other days I want to do everything I can to give JD5 the best chance to succeed this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be shocked if the 49ers turned down a #2 and Luke for BA right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Some days I feel that way. Other days I want to do everything I can to give JD5 the best chance to succeed this year.
this years success ,although welcome, is too short term , we need to keep our draft resources to build this team long term . JD will be fine

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this years success ,although welcome, is too short term , we need to keep our draft resources to build this team long term . JD will be fine
Aiyuk definitely helps build this team long-term.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk definitely helps build this team long-term.
Giving up multiple picks and players for a guy you have 2 yrs control of is not long term

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up multiple picks and players for a guy you have 2 yrs control of is not long term
That's if you assume he'll leave. You'd have to think that if Peters were to make a move like that, he'd have a LTD in place.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I allowed myself to get sucked into debating Aiyuk again. I'm so over this topic. Lol. No disrespect intended.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you, however, I don't think that it's good business to play this out only to get a comp 3rd when there's so much more that's on the table. Other than that, your points are well taken.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, however, I don't think that it's good business to play this out only to get a comp 3rd when there's so much more that's on the table. Other than that, your points are well taken.
If I'm San Francisco I'm asking myself this.

Is winning another Superbowl worth losing Aiyuk for a 3rd?

Additionally, how much compensation is enough to significantly diminish my Superbowl chances this year with the Purdy bill on its way to the table?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if you assume he'll leave. You'd have to think that if Peters were to make a move like that, he'd have a LTD in place.
I have to think that the CBA doesn’t lend itself to that . As we saw with Chase and sweat one got a deal the other didn’t and one team got a rental while the other didn’t . Decision makers need to plan for the worst , not plan for the best. We don’t need to risk resources at this time where the benefit is minimal. Simply wait , keep your resources and make a run next Free Agency . BA does not put us In a superbowl this year . We didn’t draft Luke to be a 4 without even seeing him in TC or preseason . The 49ers aren’t taking a BS deal . I am not giving up day 1 or day 2 resources for a short term gain possibly . WRs are becoming a dime a dozen . either JD hits luke and he catches it or he doesn’t . The issue is was the ball there at the right time and spot ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm San Francisco I'm asking myself this.

Is winning another Superbowl worth losing Aiyuk for a 3rd?

Additionally, how much compensation is enough to significantly diminish my Superbowl chances this year with the Purdy bill on its way to the table?
That's exactly the question they have to answer and why there's related significance in the two draftees. When healthy Ricky Pearsall warrants his first round selection (31st) and Cowing is a smaller (5' 8") speedster (4.35/40). More important, both are 23 years old and cheap against the cap... a cap that will take an even bigger hit when they have to pay Purdy top QB money in 2025.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think that the CBA doesn’t lend itself to that . As we saw with Chase and sweat one got a deal the other didn’t and one team got a rental while the other didn’t . Decision makers need to plan for the worst , not plan for the best. We don’t need to risk resources at this time where the benefit is minimal. Simply wait , keep your resources and make a run next Free Agency . BA does not put us In a superbowl this year . We didn’t draft Luke to be a 4 without even seeing him in TC or preseason . The 49ers aren’t taking a BS deal . I am not giving up day 1 or day 2 resources for a short term gain possibly . WRs are becoming a dime a dozen . either JD hits luke and he catches it or he doesn’t . The issue is was the ball there at the right time and spot ?
I'm excited about Luke. Like I said I'm really not a big Aiyuk guy. If it happens it happens.

I just remember the early narrative on this board that Jayden was only good because of his receivers. If those that were in that crowd still feel that way, I would think they would be all about surrounding Jayden.

I'm good either way. Would I do a #1? No I'd do a #2 though.

Peters trading for Aiyuk and then Aiyuk walking doesn't seem based in reality. Jmo