• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree that he deserves it. But I’m not a fan of what he’s doing. Additionally, I just don’t think it makes sense from managing your assets to trade a draft pick for a player, and then give the guy a huge contract.

If you are one player away……sure, that is worth it. But we are way more than that away from being a competitor.
welcome to the board , great to have you

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do it, especially if an LTD is agreed as part of the trade.
Dean this isn’t the NBA , deals in the NFL don’t work like that .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weight is not the issue. He was biting on double moves and lets not forget everyone is going to get beat at some point but h does have to be better. My question is does he fit into what DQ and Whitt want to do.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell would the 49ers do this ?
Agreed. Mathis has almost zero value. Hell, I think he could very well be a camp casualty if he starts behind, or is hurt at the beginning. The new staff is not going to have any loyalty to him at all.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree that he deserves it. But I’m not a fan of what he’s doing. Additionally, I just don’t think it makes sense from managing your assets to trade a draft pick for a player, and then give the guy a huge contract.

If you are one player away……sure, that is worth it. But we are way more than that away from being a competitor.

Welcome to the board!! So Here's where i slightly disagree. We've added some good players, we hopefully have our franchise qb. We've been able to outplay phi and dallas with a weak roster. So while we are more than one player away from potentially winning a superbowl, its tough for me to say Aiyuk won't totally change the trajectory of our success. He could possibly open up things for everyone else, finally allowing Terry to experience life in single coverage lol

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board!! So Here's where i slightly disagree. We've added some good players, we hopefully have our franchise qb. We've been able to outplay phi and dallas with a weak roster. So while we are more than one player away from potentially winning a superbowl, its tough for me to say Aiyuk won't totally change the trajectory of our success. He could possibly open up things for everyone else, finally allowing Terry to experience life in single coverage lol
I don’t think it’s more than a win or two, and we’re still looking at an uphill climb and that is OK. With the way that the roster was mistreated under Rivera’s watch, you can’t measure things in wins and losses for the coming year.

The only thing where I pause is the development of the franchise QB that we have. That’s a variable that should be considered. But……I’m still not giving up a 1st or 2nd next year, where it’s likely a top 10 pick. Now, if they want to do a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd in 2026? Sure, because I think barring a disaster, we’re looking at a .500 record or a little higher that year so the chance of a 1st rounder falling to us then is less.

I’m just a big proponent of asset allocation and gone are the days of giving up a 1st round pick, and then signing a guy to a massive contract. Same swing happened in baseball, you used to see rental trade acquisitions get 2 of the receiving teams top 5 prospects, and that isn’t the case anymore no matter who is being dealt.