• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one wants to hear this but this is an assessment year . we are playing in 2 new systems and guys who were good in the last one might not fit this one . generally speaking OT is the huge need . lets see what Mc is and dotson (can he bounce back ? ) then determine what route we need to go

How much worse are we than Houston before they had an epic year? I feel like your shutting the door on an improbable successful season. Im not saying we are houston but....you never know until

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much worse are we than Houston before they had an epic year? I feel like you’re shutting the door on an improbable successful season. Im not saying we are houston but....you never know until

Much worse. For one, we don’t have a second top ten pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much worse are we than Houston before they had an epic year? I feel like your shutting the door on an improbable successful season. Im not saying we are houston but....you never know until
How many times do we follow the outlier and make it the norm ? And why give up future resources for that ? Houston didn’t give up future resources to do it either

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do we follow the outlier and make it the norm ? And why give up future resources for that ? Houston didn’t give up future resources to do it either

Houston gave up future resources (Draft Picks) to move up to #3 for Anderson.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston gave up future resources (Draft Picks) to move up to #3 for Anderson.
and i can buy that however skinem isnt talking about that . he is talking about trading future assets for a wr who isnt signed yet , wants big money , and he wants to do it so we can be w WC contender . the texans on the other hand saw the opportunity to get 2 of the top 3 guys in a draft to start a rebuild . i believe we can draft wrs more frequently now and if we are to do anything "big " it needs to be an OT

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i can buy that however skinem isnt talking about that . he is talking about trading future assets for a wr who isnt signed yet , wants big money , and he wants to do it so we can be w WC contender . the texans on the other hand saw the opportunity to get 2 of the top 3 guys in a draft to start a rebuild . i believe we can draft wrs more frequently now and if we are to do anything "big " it needs to be an OT

I understand but the Texans at the time had no idea what kind of season they were going to have. You would think for a rebuilding team they would have kept the draft picks. They didnt. They took a shot.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand but the Texans at the time had no idea what kind of season they were going to have. You would think for a rebuilding team they would have kept the draft picks. They didnt. They took a shot.
I agree, however, there were two things that the Texans had going into the 2023 season that Washington still seems to struggle with... Confidence in their newly minted #2 drafted QB and confidence in their new head coach's ability to turn around a defense that finished 27th the year before. That confidence paid off as Stroud ended the year as OROY and the Texans' defense rose from its previous 27th ranking to 14th in the league. (Points against)

I can't remember where I recently saw it but someone posted a report where Adam Peters was raving about what he and Dan Quinn saw on tape as they scouted QB Daniels. So if they were wowed by that, as reported, they already know what they've got in the young man. Additionally, like DeMeco Ryans, Dan Quinn is a defensive coach who inherited the 32nd-ranked (last) defense in the league, there's nowhere to go but up, and if can't improve upon that, well...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, however, there were two things that the Texans had going into the 2023 season that Washington still seems to struggle with... Confidence in their newly minted #2 drafted QB and confidence in their new head coach's ability to turn around a defense that finished 27th the year before. That confidence paid off as Stroud ended the year as OROY and the Texans' defense rose from its previous 27th ranking to 14th in the league. (Points against)

I can't remember where I recently saw it but someone posted a report where Adam Peters was raving about what he and Dan Quinn saw on tape as they scouted QB Daniels. So if they were wowed by that, as reported, they already know what they've got in the young man. Additionally, like DeMeco Ryans, Dan Quinn is a defensive coach who inherited the 32nd-ranked (last) defense in the league, there's nowhere to go but up, and if can't improve upon that, well...

So, I think we have confidence in JD going into 2024 and confidence in Quinn to fix the defense. I don't think the Houston coaches knew Stroud would have the year that he had. It was the NFL's rags to riches story. Seattle had the same story in 2022. Can it happen to us? Hope so.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I think we have confidence in JD going into 2024 and confidence in Quinn to fix the defense. I don't think the Houston coaches knew Stroud would have the year that he had. It was the NFL's rags to riches story. Seattle had the same story in 2022. Can it happen to us? Hope so.
I doubt it will.but there is always hope.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points, however, my post was about their confidence, not ours. Perhaps it's true that the Texans didn't know what type of seasonal numbers Stroud would finish with, but that's not the point. They scouted him, saw whatever they saw, and were impressed enough to draft him second. Houston knew what they had long before he ever took an official NFL live game snap. Additionally, the management team also knew what they hired in Ryans, his reputation preceded him, and like Stroud, their confidence in both hires paid off.

Maybe it's the sordid history of this franchise that has fostered so much uncertainty and caution. While there are changes everywhere in the organization, it's going to take a few to rid it of its historical reputation from both outside observers and those of us who are attached to it in some manner.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points, however, my post was about their confidence, not ours. Perhaps it's true that the Texans didn't know what type of seasonal numbers Stroud would finish with, but that's not the point. They scouted him, saw whatever they saw, and were impressed enough to draft him second. Houston knew what they had long before he ever took an official NFL live game snap. Additionally, the management team also knew what they hired in Ryans, his reputation preceded him, and like Stroud, their confidence in both hires paid off.

Maybe it's the sordid history of this franchise that has fostered so much uncertainty and caution. While there are changes everywhere in the organization, it's going to take a few to rid it of its historical reputation from both outside observers and those of us who are attached to it in some manner.

If the Panthers took Stroud at #1, I think the Texans would have taken Young at #2. They needed a QB. Of course, teams have confidence in their drafted QB's taken that high in the draft.

We missed on our last #2 overall picks. RG3 and Young. IF you miss on #2 overall picks it would spell doom to any NFL team. Hopefully JD works out and we dont have to worry about a QB for a while.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Panthers took Stroud at #1, I think the Texans would have taken Young at #2. They needed a QB. Of course, teams have confidence in their drafted QB's taken that high in the draft.

We missed on our last #2 overall picks. RG3 and Young. IF you miss on #2 overall picks it would spell doom to any NFL team. Hopefully JD works out and we dont have to worry about a QB for a while.
Perhaps Houston would have taken Stroud at #2, but I guarantee their confidence in him would not have been the same as it was for Stroud. Sure there might have been a lot of public pretense, but when you know, you know. OTOH, the Texans, might have taken someone else while looking forward to this draft where the QB options were greater. Who Knows????

Btw; We didn't miss on Griffin, they mishandled everything involving him. I said it at the time and I'm sticking to it, and as proof, I offer the "lack of manhood" perspective wherein no one had enough gumption to say "NO!" to this guy and run the organization in a manner that was in the long-term best interest of the franchise. Kyle had an excellent plan for the guy, but Mike played get-along politics with two idiot politicians resulting in an abrupt end to his (RGIII) promising career. Did Griffin play a role in his demise, absolutely, but metaphorically, so does a young child who doesn't know danger when casually crossing the street. Griffin can be excused for not knowing how to protect himself, but there's no excuse imaginable to cover those who knew that he didn't know this and did nothing to protect their investment. Hiring professionals, even baseball people to teach him how to slide would have been something, that might have prevented him from exposing his leg to be hit in the way that it was. A refresher...

Videos of Haloti Ngata Hit on Rg3

Haloti Ngata lays HUGE hit on RG3
Preview

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=7115...1dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g_dj1DOHlOa29RRHJtaw&ntb=1

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Houston would have taken Stroud at #2, but I guarantee their confidence in him would not have been the same as it was for Stroud. Sure there might have been a lot of public pretense, but when you know, you know. OTOH, the Texans, might have taken someone else while looking forward to this draft where the QB options were greater. Who Knows????

Btw; We didn't miss on Griffin, they mishandled everything involving him. I said it at the time and I'm sticking to it, and as proof, I offer the "lack of manhood" perspective wherein no one had enough gumption to say "NO!" to this guy and run the organization in a manner that was in the long-term best interest of the franchise. Kyle had an excellent plan for the guy, but Mike played get-along politics with two idiot politicians resulting in an abrupt end to his (RGIII) promising career. Did Griffin play a role in his demise, absolutely, but metaphorically, so does a young child who doesn't know danger when casually crossing the street. Griffin can be excused for not knowing how to protect himself, but there's no excuse imaginable to cover those who knew that he didn't know this and did nothing to protect their investment. Hiring professionals, even baseball people to teach him how to slide would have been something, that might have prevented him from exposing his leg to be hit in the way that it was. A refresher...

Preview
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=7115...1dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g_dj1DOHlOa29RRHJtaw&ntb=1

Yes the RG3 injury killed him. Young looked promising in his rookie year then fell off a cliff. If that was b/c of his injury, who knows.

cmon sty if the Panthers took Stroud, Houston was taking Young.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the RG3 injury killed him. Young looked promising in his rookie year then fell off a cliff. If that was b/c of his injury, who knows.

Except for the Griffin injury and who holds chief responsibility for it, I agree with you about both our Young and the Panthers taking Stroud over Bryce and Houston taking Young... who knows??? (Stranger things have happened)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griffin was a straight up bust. Shanahan designed an offense that worked for him and Alf. After the first year Griffin and Dan decided they wanted to be a pocket QB, something he never had the skills for. Griffin mishandled himself .... no one let him down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Btw; here's why I'm not certain Houston would have taken Stroud with the #2 pick in the 2023 draft. They were sold on selecting Bryce Young or Will Anderson. They thought so much of Anderson that they traded up to select him #3 in that draft.

Texans draft: Will Anderson should be viable No. 2 …

Mar 30, 2023 · The Houston Texans should consider Alabama edge defender Will Anderson if their intended quarterback option is unavailable at No. 2 overall

Houston might have drafted their QB with the third pick in that draft because they did make the trade to move up anyway.