• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Houston would have taken Stroud at #2, but I guarantee their confidence in him would not have been the same as it was for Stroud. Sure there might have been a lot of public pretense, but when you know, you know. OTOH, the Texans, might have taken someone else while looking forward to this draft where the QB options were greater. Who Knows????

Btw; We didn't miss on Griffin, they mishandled everything involving him. I said it at the time and I'm sticking to it, and as proof, I offer the "lack of manhood" perspective wherein no one had enough gumption to say "NO!" to this guy and run the organization in a manner that was in the long-term best interest of the franchise. Kyle had an excellent plan for the guy, but Mike played get-along politics with two idiot politicians resulting in an abrupt end to his (RGIII) promising career. Did Griffin play a role in his demise, absolutely, but metaphorically, so does a young child who doesn't know danger when casually crossing the street. Griffin can be excused for not knowing how to protect himself, but there's no excuse imaginable to cover those who knew that he didn't know this and did nothing to protect their investment. Hiring professionals, even baseball people to teach him how to slide would have been something, that might have prevented him from exposing his leg to be hit in the way that it was. A refresher...

Videos of Haloti Ngata Hit on Rg3

Haloti Ngata lays HUGE hit on RG3

RG3 was a bust. He had a great rookie campaign but thought he was a great passer. RG3 was not. RG3 refused to rely on what made his rookie campaign great.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin was a straight up bust. Shanahan designed an offense that worked for him and Alf. After the first year Griffin and Dan decided they wanted to be a pocket QB, something he never had the skills for. Griffin mishandled himself .... no one let him down.
he was.but that rookie year was awesome.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im too lazy to backtrack and correct statements but, nobody thought Houston would turn things around that quickly except the people in that building. Im simply saying 7 wins is possible but i personally would consider that a failure. We were able to get 7 wins with less talent and organization. To simply view this as a wasted year and then expecting to take off year 2 is backwards. If you're telling me spending a 2nd on a WR that signs long term that has chemistry with our qb is a bad move i disagree. If you're telling finding a way to add Higgins using draft picks is bad, i disagree. I'm not hellbent on using picks but I'm not willing to throw in the towel on a season just because.
Just IMO, no shade or hate

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is for years we wanted a competent FO and coaching staff. I also realize being part of a forum is everyone's chance to play amateur GM. I'll just wait and see what the competent FO and coaching staff decide.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im too lazy to backtrack and correct statements but, nobody thought Houston would turn things around that quickly except the people in that building. Im simply saying 7 wins is possible but i personally would consider that a failure. We were able to get 7 wins with less talent and organization. To simply view this as a wasted year and then expecting to take off year 2 is backwards. If you're telling me spending a 2nd on a WR that signs long term that has chemistry with our qb is a bad move i disagree. If you're telling finding a way to add Higgins using draft picks is bad, i disagree. I'm not hellbent on using picks but I'm not willing to throw in the towel on a season just because.
Just IMO, no shade or hate
1) no wr is signing a long term deal until next year 2 ) both teams want more then a 2nd , 3) houston was an outlier not a norm 4) who said we are throwing in the towel ? coach up the layers on this team . who says Luke cant produce ? . so giving up multiple picks to contend for a WC is good business? then when you need to add a good young player and you look to next years draft and you want to make a pick and shit you dont have one because you used it to go 10 wins with no chance at a superbowl . you make those kinds of signings or trades when you are ready to make the jump to competing for and winning super bowls , not to maybe be a WC team

now for a dose of reality the bengals and 49ers are superbowl contending teams . they arent trading away their guys who can help them get there this year

dose of reality 2 , its OT where we are most vulnerable not WR. the last 2 drafts its been WR that has been the deepest position and next years draft appears to be tracking the same way

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) no wr is signing a long term deal until next year 2 ) both teams want more then a 2nd , 3) houston was an outlier not a norm 4) who said we are throwing in the towel ? coach up the layers on this team . who says Luke cant produce ? . so giving up multiple picks to contend for a WC is good business? then when you need to add a good young player and you look to next years draft and you want to make a pick and shit you dont have one because you used it to go 10 wins with no chance at a superbowl . you make those kinds of signings or trades when you are ready to make the jump to competing for and winning super bowls , not to maybe be a WC team

now for a dose of reality the bengals and 49ers are superbowl contending teams . they arent trading away their guys who can help them get there this year

dose of reality 2 , its OT where we are most vulnerable not WR. the last 2 drafts its been WR that has been the deepest position and next years draft appears to be tracking the same way

I haven't heard or seen anything where the Bengals won't settle for a pick for higgins.
Multiple picks aren't terrible, especially if its a late 2025 or 26. We've seen mind boggling trades for late picks.

I agree Houston was not the norm, but there are plenty of factors where our RSkins could have a similar year.

The bengals and 49ers argument is a completely different topic, ironically they are both in the midst of trade speculation.

I can use your argument on WR for OT, so technically i can't yet agree OT is our biggest need.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard or seen anything where the Bengals won't settle for a pick for higgins.
Multiple picks aren't terrible, especially if its a late 2025 or 26. We've seen mind boggling trades for late picks.

I agree Houston was not the norm, but there are plenty of factors where our RSkins could have a similar year.

The bengals and 49ers argument is a completely different topic, ironically they are both in the midst of trade speculation.

I can use your argument on WR for OT, so technically i can't yet agree OT is our biggest need.
the offer prosed for tee is a 2nd and a 5th . the 49ers want a 1st rounder . i have posted these

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1720216840098.png
This is our roster ranking according to PFF, the Texans are ranked 7th. The Texans drafted well and assessed what they had . Now they kept their draft intact and now can make a move toward being contenders. The Texans staff coached up their team and didn’t give away future resources to finish where they finished. Now they have resources to address needs to become contenders