• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aikman heading to MNF

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know where AL Michaels is going and who is on SNF?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares.

Anyway, Aikman is okay. Romo yaps too much and never shuts up. Collinsworth is smarmy and smug. Younger Madden is the gold standard. Old Madden rambled on a bit too much.

I think all 3 of them are damned good, though I appreciate your criticisms of Romo & Collinsworth.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially, like the first few weeks of his debut, Romo was acceptable. But God damn he's worse than nails on a chalkboard now.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone really need football explained to them anymore? I’m good with the mute button and music on…..

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially, like the first few weeks of his debut, Romo was acceptable. But God damn he's worse than nails on a chalkboard now.
Romo was fun for a while… but then he couldn’t hide his bias anymore

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all 3 of them are damned good, though I appreciate your criticisms of Romo & Collinsworth.
Yeah, I generally agree. I don't completely hate any of them.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collinsworth during the Super Bowl, " The Bengals are accomplishing what they wanted to achieve, getting the Rams into 2nd and longs". Huh?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck isn’t my favorite.

But I’ve never understood the hate.
Yeah, he's neither here nor there for me. There are worse guys and there are better. To me, he's a pro, though. Runs a smooth broadcast. I like the old school brand of announcers better. I'm only 30, but I much prefer the Scully/Summerall types. Back before every guy started trying to make it about themselves with outrageous amounts of "energy!" and catchphrases. Everyone wants to have the "big/memorable" call now and smell their own farts as they call a touchdown, home run, or a buzzer beater.

F'n Gus Johnson... I hate that guy. He got big because of the "Stokley! Down the sidelines!" call. Which was a good call, because you could tell he was genuinely stunned and pissing his pants with genuine excitement. Then, he decided he has to be that guy all of the time. He also did a sit down interview on a stage in front of some broadcast students or something. Dude was so in love with himself, he reenacted the Stokley call for them verbatim. As if he was doing a broadway play and then they all applauded. He's a douche.

To me, the best announcer can crank it up a little bit and that's cool. But the real art to the craft comes in the form of knowing when to let go of the reigns and allow the atmosphere to speak for itself. Buck does a pretty good job of shutting the hell up when he's supposed to. I don't mean it sarcastically. Seriously, that's important.

Also, I guess as a fan of an NFC team and a fan of a football/baseball team who do not tend to make the post-season much. If he's calling one of my team's games, I know it means we're actually in a game that matters. So, maybe I associate his voice with that and it resonates positively with me? I don't know.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is just insanely biased and he has no ability to separate personal from professional opinions.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's neither here nor there for me. There are worse guys and there are better. To me, he's a pro, though. Runs a smooth broadcast. I like the old school brand of announcers better. I'm only 30, but I much prefer the Scully/Summerall types. Back before every guy started trying to make it about themselves with outrageous amounts of "energy!" and catchphrases. Everyone wants to have the "big/memorable" call now and smell their own farts as they call a touchdown, home run, or a buzzer beater.

F'n Gus Johnson... I hate that guy. He got big because of the "Stokley! Down the sidelines!" call. Which was a good call, because you could tell he was genuinely stunned and pissing his pants with genuine excitement. Then, he decided he has to be that guy all of the time. He also did a sit down interview on a stage in front of some broadcast students or something. Dude was so in love with himself, he reenacted the Stokley call for them verbatim. As if he was doing a broadway play and then they all applauded. He's a douche.

To me, the best announcer can crank it up a little bit and that's cool. But the real art to the craft comes in the form of knowing when to let go of the reigns and allow the atmosphere to speak for itself. Buck does a pretty good job of shutting the hell up when he's supposed to. I don't mean it sarcastically. Seriously, that's important.

Also, I guess as a fan of an NFC team and a fan of a football/baseball team who do not tend to make the post-season much. If he's calling one of my team's games, I know it means we're actually in a game that matters. So, maybe I associate his voice with that and it resonates positively with me? I don't know.
Joe Buck is a penis in a suit.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Aikman's analysis most of the time. My only beef is when he constantly compares what these players are doing to Smith, Irvin, Moose Johnston and the Cowboys glory days to make his point.