• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AG's Annual Power 5 Conference Testicle Check (2019)

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said UGA should go to a 9 conferece schedule AND have 11 P5 opponents scheduled. Could =/= should. This is like the 4th or 5th time now. I said that they could if those games are important to them. But that I would rather see uniformity in CFB. Either everyone at 8 or everyone at 9. Given that conference games are more important and guarantee a P5 opponent, I prefer that. Again (hopefully for the last time), this is my opinion, I never said 'hey UGA, you guys need to go to 9 conference schedule, continue to play GT and you better schedule another P5 opponent every year too'. Never happened.

I agree that it would be nice to have some uniformity and I think we all can agree that everyone going to 10 P5 opponents would be nice. But I have to disagree in believing the difference between 8 or 9 conf. games is a huge deal, 10 P5 opponents is 10 P5 opponents. I see your point on 9 conf. games but I think I like the appeal of everyone having 8 conf. and 2 P5 OOC. Most conferences are top heavy anyway and most teams are out of conf. title contentions before the season starts. For me I don't see the appeal of watching in-conf. team A (who don't have a shot at the conf. title) vs in-conf. team B (who don't have a shot at the conf. title). Atleast with the OOC games we get the chance to conference thump our chest which we like to do.

Also there's no chance or point for the SEC or ACC to go to 9 conf. games, so when are the PAC, BIG 12, and BIG 10 moving to 8?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it would be nice to have some uniformity and I think we all can agree that everyone going to 10 P5 opponents would be nice. But I have to disagree in believing the difference between 8 or 9 conf. games is a huge deal, 10 P5 opponents is 10 P5 opponents. I see your point on 9 conf. games but I think I like the appeal of everyone having 8 conf. and 2 P5 OOC. Most conferences are top heavy anyway and most teams are out of conf. title contentions before the season starts. For me I don't see the appeal of watching in-conf. team A (who don't have a shot at the conf. title) vs in-conf. team B (who don't have a shot at the conf. title). Atleast with the OOC games we get the chance to conference thump our chest which we like to do.

Also there's no chance or point for the SEC or ACC to go to 9 conf. games, so when are the PAC, BIG 12, and BIG 10 moving to 8?
9df36b89-6145-4e8e-be3e-c152bdc150e8_1.ccec0ba4b08a20845a89bf34d2ed592d.jpeg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm beginning to think conference affiliation for FBS football is worthless.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tried to say The Georgia Tech rivalry couldn’t continue if UGA had to play another conference game. GMFB with that. An no one is talking about Georgia or Clemson, it’s the other 26 teams in your conference that continually get away with having 75% a weak OOC.

Why is it always fans of teams that have accomplished shit that feel the need to criticize their betters.

The last time you beat a ranked out of conference opponent was the Jan 2012 Orange Bowl game against Clemson. The last regular season ranked out of conference team you beat was...never? Is that for real...I looked hard and I can't see one. I mean, I know you spent a lot of years as a independent, but c'mon, you joined the Big East in 1991 and the Big 12 in 2012....looks like we have a winner in the 10000 days without a non-conference ranked win category...kudos.

I guess if you guys keep scheduling out of conference P5 games it has to happen eventually, right? I mean 10,000 monkeys with typewriters...am I right?

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not subscribed to ESPN although I'm thinking about doing it. Them and The Athletic.

The Athletic

0/10 would not recommend ESPN+. I'm pretty sure they upped the price already and they spit out shit articles for the "insiders" at a very low rate.

I've considered the athletic, but never pulled the trigger even with all of their good sales recently.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't be against 8 conf +2P5 OOC. I would prefer 9 purely because I think conference games matter more and it creates more chaos lol. But I can see people not agreeing with me here because of the chaos it could create. Could you imagine Clemson being knocked out of the CCG because they lost to Wake Forest? Not likely to happen any time soon, but it would be a huge upset if it did.

But yes, uniformity is most important in this regard.

Lol to the last sentence.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0/10 would not recommend ESPN+. I'm pretty sure they upped the price already and they spit out shit articles for the "insiders" at a very low rate.

I've considered the athletic, but never pulled the trigger even with all of their good sales recently.

I have ESPN+ specifically because I want the 30 for 30s and hockey lol. But hockey is over now... but they have tons of baseball games on.

It was only 4.99 per month when I got it.