• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AG's Annual Power 5 Conference Testicle Check (2019)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally see what you are saying. Because I say that little brother sucks, you think it isn't a big deal to play GaTech. Regardless of the fact that we dominate GaTech, they are a P5 school, now with a new coach, and as we've seen twice in the past 5 years they can have a good game and beat you. I'm glad to not have to play that stupid option, but they will probably be better in the future than Johnson had them. So, they aren't a great team, we don't look at it like a rivalry - what big brother does - but it is a solid annual P5 game. Add another SEC IC and we'd be playing 11 P5 per year if we want to continue scheduling like we do. JFC, man, how can you not understand this. Saying GaTech sucks doesn't minimize that they are a P5 school that is probably right in the middle or higher compared to others that we might play ... for fuck sakes, don't you say Pitt or whoever your OOC rivalries are suck? Have the last say, I'm done with this stupid back and forth.

Again, man no one is saying you have to play 11 P5 yearly. But don’t come on here stating GaTech sucks and then say you can’t play any other P5 if you add an extra conference game because it’d be too hard. Of course I say Pitt sucks. But A) we don’t play them yearly and B) I wouldn’t come on here saying we can’t schedule any other P5 because we play 9 conference games and Pitt yearly.

Yeah, you should probably be done with this back and forth. You continue to not get it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh so now it’s a P5 team. Nice of you to move the goal posts.

I’m 100% for an 8 game conference schedule and 2 mandatory games vs P5 teams OOC. I have been for uniform conference game schedules forever. I wish the B12 would go back to 8.

Are you under some impression that the ACC and the SEC lose the same amount of games playing G5’s as they would playing an extra conference game? Like seriously you aren’t that stupid right? Your conference or the ACC might have 1 or 2 or even 3 teams lose 1 OOC game to a G5. That still isn’t close to the 7 that would be garunteed playing that extra conference game. That’s where the distorted rankings, extra wins, and absolute advantage in scheduling come in.

I've actually alternated between P5 and not in this thread...I said P5 in the post you replied to, but I started without because I didn't think there was any....not that it matters, I'm just busting balls, that sort of streak depends more on the other team anyways...see Alabama vs #3 FSU. I am under no illusions that WVU is a shit team, one of my best friends is a WVU Alumn and I've played rugby with a ton of WVU guys and may or may not admit to having been to an odd couch burning or two or three...good times.

The SEC wins games against G5's at a 75% clip which would is better than most conferences...like conference games though...it affects the shitty teams more than the good teams. I don't think it matters much at the top...it's the mid-tier teams that it impacts....I am under no illusions that 8-5 Mississippi State is significantly better than a 7-6 Texas Tech.

8+2 is my point exactly, if you can't figure out who should be playing in your CCG after 8 games, flipping a coin would be as effective. We need more data points between P5 conferences, not less...then we could all make fun of Washington...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, man no one is saying you have to play 11 P5 yearly. But don’t come on here stating GaTech sucks and then say you can’t play any other P5 if you add an extra conference game because it’d be too hard. Of course I say Pitt sucks. But A) we don’t play them yearly and B) I wouldn’t come on here saying we can’t schedule any other P5 because we play 9 conference games and Pitt yearly.

Yeah, you should probably be done with this back and forth. You continue to not get it.
Not a surprise, but the SEC is going to average 9P5 regular season opponents for 2020. UGA plays 10 regular season P5 opponents, Mizzou plays 0 and the rest of the SEC plays 9 regular season P5 opponents for 2020. Cuz the SEC needs those 4 OOC games so they can schedule all those OOC P5 opponents. lolz

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise, but the SEC is going to average 9P5 regular season opponents for 2020. UGA plays 10 regular season P5 opponents, Mizzou plays 0 and the rest of the SEC plays 9 regular season P5 opponents for 2020. Cuz the SEC needs those 4 OOC games so they can schedule all those OOC P5 opponents. lolz

How does Missouri have none???

They’re the SEC equivalent of Rutgers or Kansas. You would think all of the good P5 teams would be looking to schedule them for an easy win.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They’re the SEC equivalent of Rutgers or Kansas. You would think all of the good P5 teams would be looking to schedule them for an easy win.
giphy.gif

If so, then the rest of the SEC East really, really sucks...cuz Mizzou played in the SEC CCG in 2013 and 2014. Don't think Rutgers and Kansas have played in a CCG in a long, long time....if ever.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

If so, then the rest of the SEC East really, really sucks...cuz Mizzou played in the SEC CCG in 2013 and 2014. Don't think Rutgers and Kansas have played in a CCG in a long, long time....if ever.

Shhhhhh. Don’t bring logic and stats into my “dis on Mizzou” postings.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually alternated between P5 and not in this thread...I said P5 in the post you replied to, but I started without because I didn't think there was any....not that it matters, I'm just busting balls, that sort of streak depends more on the other team anyways...see Alabama vs #3 FSU. I am under no illusions that WVU is a shit team, one of my best friends is a WVU Alumn and I've played rugby with a ton of WVU guys and may or may not admit to having been to an odd couch burning or two or three...good times.

The SEC wins games against G5's at a 75% clip which would is better than most conferences...like conference games though...it affects the shitty teams more than the good teams. I don't think it matters much at the top...it's the mid-tier teams that it impacts....I am under no illusions that 8-5 Mississippi State is significantly better than a 7-6 Texas Tech.

8+2 is my point exactly, if you can't figure out who should be playing in your CCG after 8 games, flipping a coin would be as effective. We need more data points between P5 conferences, not less...then we could all make fun of Washington...

You’re absolutely right, it does depend on other teams. You guys playing Duke considering what Dukes been the past few years is a lot better than some other P5 OOC games. Hell its prolly tougher than our ACC opponent this year. (NCState)

WVrugby is really competitive. I’ve been to a couple matches across from the dorms many years ago and it was fun as all get up. It’s tough man, good on you playing that. I wouldn’t last a minute in that.

I’m for 8 +2. I think it all should be uniform no matter what. I don’t fault the ACC or SEC at all for taking advantage of the schedule when the 3 other P5’s stupidly went to 9 conference games. But as you said it helps the middle tier teams and can really help the perception of a conferences strength in some scenarios.

Please send Saban home.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I imagine there will be off years. Hell WVU went for a year or two of having 3 non P5’s in the OOC. It was annoying, but it was just how things were scheduled in the years past. That’s why a uniform 8 +2 would work.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine there will be off years. Hell WVU went for a year or two of having 3 non P5’s in the OOC. It was annoying, but it was just how things were scheduled in the years past. That’s why a uniform 8 +2 would work.
I've been doing these P5 conference testicle checks for 6 or 7 years now. I did them on Rivals before coming to this board and EVERY year has seen the SEC with the least amount of regular season P5 opponents followed by the ACC. As far as the conferences that play the most on average, the B1G has won it, the PAC has won it and this year has the Big 12 winning it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Off year for whatever reason. Mizzou just played 10 regular season P5 games a few years ago and they usually average no less than 9.