• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AG's Annual Power 5 Conference Testicle Check (2019)

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't make it an every year thing. Do it every other or every 3, I mean... what's the problem? Schedule 11, you will absolutely have a respected schedule, again, speaking generally.

Again, maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't care nearly as much about OOC games. Good match ups are interesting and fun, but not nearly as impactful on the season. I give UGA credit, your 2028/29 OOC schedule looks daunting, especially if Texas continues to improve and GT gets better. But again... you scheduling Texas for a HnH once every 35 years isn't something I care deeply about. UGA having more access to playing Bama or LSU IS more important in my opinion.

I hope you beat Texas though in 28/29.
I'd rather get rid of GaTech. I know they are an in-state rivalry, but it hasn't been much of a rivalry for many, many decades. They truly are little brother that we don't care about.

I absolutely love the OOC away games. Getting to go to stadiums we've not gone to before is awesome. ND was incredible, Colorado, ASU was fantastic. Can't wait for UT, and I loved going to Clemson in the 80s. That is the fun for me ... going to different campuses, not the same ones every other year or so.

Our scheduling in the late 20s clearly anticipates a 6 or 8 team playoff where having a loss or two won't get you eliminated, but playing a crappy schedule will. If they expand to 8 it's likely that Conf Champs will be in automatically. So even if you lose to Texas/FSU/Clemson, and then one IC game, you can win your conference and get in. Or be an at large team that had a badass schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't make it an every year thing. Do it every other or every 3, I mean... what's the problem? Schedule 11, you will absolutely have a respected schedule, again, speaking generally.

Again, maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't care nearly as much about OOC games. Good match ups are interesting and fun, but not nearly as impactful on the season. I give UGA credit, your 2028/29 OOC schedule looks daunting, especially if Texas continues to improve and GT gets better. But again... you scheduling Texas for a HnH once every 35 years isn't something I care deeply about. UGA having more access to playing Bama or LSU IS more important in my opinion.

I hope you beat Texas though in 28/29.
Other than Stanford, who schedules like that though? You have more teams refusing to play any OOC than there are teams that play 11 P5 opponents. It’s easy to say, “hey just schedule all P5’s, it’s not a big deal” but there is no real reward for doing so. Nebraska has never played 11 P5 in the regular season but in 2020 they have no P5 and as of right now 2025 you don’t have any and I doubt they will, they will just call Cincinnati a P5 and say it’s good.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Stanford, who schedules like that though? You have more teams refusing to play any OOC than there are teams that play 11 P5 opponents. It’s easy to say, “hey just schedule all P5’s, it’s not a big deal” but there is no real reward for doing so. Nebraska has never played 11 P5 in the regular season but in 2020 they have no P5 and as of right now 2025 you don’t have any and I doubt they will, they will just call Cincinnati a P5 and say it’s good.
tenor.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get rid of GaTech. I know they are an in-state rivalry, but it hasn't been much of a rivalry for many, many decades. They truly are little brother that we don't care about.

I absolutely love the OOC away games. Getting to go to stadiums we've not gone to before is awesome. ND was incredible, Colorado, ASU was fantastic. Can't wait for UT, and I loved going to Clemson in the 80s. That is the fun for me ... going to different campuses, not the same ones every other year or so.

Our scheduling in the late 20s clearly anticipates a 6 or 8 team playoff where having a loss or two won't get you eliminated, but playing a crappy schedule will. If they expand to 8 it's likely that Conf Champs will be in automatically. So even if you lose to Texas/FSU/Clemson, and then one IC game, you can win your conference and get in. Or be an at large team that had a badass schedule.

If they haven’t given you much of a rivalry what’s the problem? Jesus Christ you are going out of your way to make excuses. UGA over the past decade is literally the only SEC that can say that save maybe Louisville. It’s an absolute joke SEC and ACC teams hide behind that instate rivalry game to not schedule other good OOC games. Personally Kentucky is the worst offender of it. But it’s still BS.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they haven’t given you much of a rivalry what’s the problem? Jesus Christ you are going out of your way to make excuses. UGA over the past decade is literally the only SEC that can say that save maybe Louisville. It’s an absolute joke SEC and ACC teams hide behind that instate rivalry game to not schedule other good OOC games. Personally Kentucky is the worst offender of it. But it’s still BS.
West Virginia - 11 P5

bull-hue-only.jpg

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think if Clemson/SC, UF/FSU and UGA/GT continued to happen every year and they moved to 9 conference games and scheduled 2 G5 teams... I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

But the fact that teams with 4 OOC typically only have 1 P5 and 3 G5s or 2 G5s and 1FCS... that reeks. Personally, I don't like that at all and am perfectly fine with people calling it out.

That goes for my team too. We only have 3 OOC games in the B1G and I will be the first to say that we have a weak schedule this year.... but we still have a P5 scheduled out of those 3.

That's cute and all

but I look forward to the matchups against A&M, UGA, ND, OU, and LSU in the next coming years.
Why water down the schedule with Duke, UNC, VT, Virginia and etc... :noidea:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one year in the next eight years where they have two P5 scheduled as of right now
So you're saying USC has one year of playing 11 regular season P5 opponents in then next eight years and the other seven years they only play 10. Damn them!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying USC has one year of playing 11 regular season P5 opponents in then next eight years and the other seven years they only play 10. Damn them!
And btw USC has never played an FCS opponent in their entire history.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw USC has never played an FCS opponent in their entire history.
Ok. They have 1 season in the next 8 seasons where they have two P5 games scheduled. They have done well in the past but It sure has hell looks like they want no part in it in the future.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we agree, they are no longer scheduling like that and we should not pretend that they are doing this anymore. Thank you.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Stanford, (p1)who schedules like that though? (p2) You have more teams refusing to play any OOC than there are teams that play 11 P5 opponents. It’s easy to say, “hey just schedule all P5’s, it’s not a big deal” but there is no real reward for doing so. Nebraska has never played 11 P5 in the regular season but in 2020 they have no P5 and as of right now 2025 you don’t have any and I doubt they will, they will just call Cincinnati a P5 and say it’s good.

(p1) Well for 2018 alone...

P5 Teams with 11 Power 5 teams scheduled
West Virginia
Texas
Ohio St
Northwestern
Purdue
USC

6 teams isn't bad for something I already admitted with doing only once every other or every 3 years. West Virginias game against NC State was cancelled due to weather, but I am absolutely counting it as it WAS scheduled and that is all we are talking about.

and if you were to count BYU (idc if you do or don't), you could also add Cal and Washington.

(p2) Teams that played zero P5 OOC games
Okie State
Illinois
Minnesota
Oregon
Oregon St
Washington St
Arkansas

7 teams. One more than the aforementioned. I hardly think that 'one more' proves a point here. If you're a petty person, you can claim victory on that if you want, but again... one difference is negligible.

Lastly Nebraskas schedule is irrelevant, this is a red herring and it isn't like MSU is any better, as of right now MSU has zero scheduled for 2022 and 23. I never said they did have 11 scheduled nor did I say that other teams should. I said that it is possibile to move to 9 conference games and still keep crossover rivals and schedule OOC P5. I never said any teams should do that, only that they could... if it were that important to them. I specifically stated in the post you quoted...

"Again, maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't care nearly as much about OOC games. Good match ups are interesting and fun, but not nearly as impactful on the season.... you scheduling Texas for a HnH once every 35 years isn't something I care deeply about. UGA having more access to playing Bama or LSU IS more important in my opinion."

Again, that's just my opinion. There is no need in twisting my words.

And what are you talking about Nebraska has none scheduled after 2025 while simultaneously throwing shade at scheduling Cincinnati? First off, those schedules aren't even complete. Secondly...

2026 - Tennessee
2027 - Tennessee
2028 - Arizona
2029 - Oklahoma
2030 - Oklahoma
2031 - Arizona

Third - you doubt they will? Why is that? What are you basing that on?

2019 - Colorado
2018 - Colorado
2017 - Oregon
2016 - Oregon
2015 - Miami
2014 - Miami
2013 - UCLA
2012 - UCLA
2011 - Washington
2010 - Washington
2009 - Va Tech
2008 - Va Tech
2007 - USC
2006 - USC
2005 - Wake Forest and Pitt
2004 - Pitt
2003 - Penn St
2002 - Penn St
2001 - Notre Dame
2000 - Notre Dame

I can keep going...

1999 - Iowa and Cal
1998 - Cal and Washington
1997 - Washington
1996 - Michigan St and Arizona St
1995 - Michigan St, Arizona St, and Washington St

How far back would you like me to go to make this comment look any more silly? BTW in 1995, Nebraska played 10 P5 teams out of 11 teams scheduled.

So what are you basing that 'thought' on?

Are you trying to troll or are you just playing devils advocate or something?

Last edited:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one year in the next eight years where they have two P5 scheduled as of right now

Most conferences recognize BYU for satisfying a P5 requirement. BYU would be .500 (in-conference) in any of the P5.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly disagree. .500+ in a good year but bottom of the barrel in a below average-bad year.

In the ACC, they're better than Louisville, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College, NC State, and Georgia Tech. Last year, they would have been better than FSU and VT as well (although that isn't saying much)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the ACC, they're better than Louisville, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College, NC State, and Georgia Tech. Last year, they would have been better than FSU and VT as well (although that isn't saying much)

Define better. Because Florida State beat the hell out of Northern Illinois and NIU went to BYU and won.

I'd agree with Duke, Wake Forest, and maybe Georgia Tech. But I can see them being about the same as UNC, BC, and NC State year in year out. As in, occasionally a contender for a division championship but most years towards the bottom of the standings

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define better. Because Florida State beat the hell out of Northern Illinois and NIU went to BYU and won.

I'd agree with Duke, Wake Forest, and maybe Georgia Tech. But I can see them being about the same as UNC, BC, and NC State year in year out. As in, occasionally a contender for a division championship but most years towards the bottom of the standings

I guess how many more years can we get used to seeing FSU at the bottom of the standings?

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess how many more years can we get used to seeing FSU at the bottom of the standings?

lol probably quite a few until they can develop an offensive line and get a decent quarterback.

But good job backing down from your original point just to insult a team that's been wildly more successful than the team you support, and I'll just save you the trouble of pointing out the CFP game a few years back and say "Oregon killed FSU the last time they played"