• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AG's Annual Power 5 Conference Testicle Check (2019)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol probably quite a few until they can develop an offensive line and get a decent quarterback.

But good job backing down from your original point just to insult a team that's been wildly more successful than the team you support, and I'll just save you the trouble of pointing out the CFP game a few years back and say "Oregon killed FSU the last time they played"

I didn't back down on anything. You have no basis to say that BYU would be a bottom-feeder in the ACC when your own team went 5-7 in the ACC...

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define better. Because Florida State beat the hell out of Northern Illinois and NIU went to BYU and won.

I'd agree with Duke, Wake Forest, and maybe Georgia Tech. But I can see them being about the same as UNC, BC, and NC State year in year out. As in, occasionally a contender for a division championship but most years towards the bottom of the standings

Except that BYU also won @ Wisconsin, who beat the shit out of Miami.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't back down on anything. You have no basis to say that BYU would be a bottom-feeder in the ACC when your own team went 5-7 in the ACC...

And the only thing I said was that comparing mutual teams, FSU beat a team by two touchdowns that BYU lost to at home.

Then pointed out how I agreed that they would usually be better than x, y, and z but would be about the same as other barely middle of the road ACC teams.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only thing I said was that comparing mutual teams, FSU beat a team by two touchdowns that BYU lost to at home.

Then pointed out how I agreed that they would usually be better than x, y, and z but would be about the same as other barely middle of the road ACC teams.

BYU beat a team at home that beat Miami by 32.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then BYU was also better than Oregon since BYU beat Arizona who also beat Oregon.. see it works both ways

Great, so we both agree that your attempt to use the transitive property was pathetic and pointless.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except mine used the same team that they both played head to head. Not mutual matchups

LOL...keep backpedaling. Florida State is well on their way to another garbage season, while getting passed up by teams that lose to NIU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(p1) Well for 2018 alone...

P5 Teams with 11 Power 5 teams scheduled
West Virginia
Texas
Ohio St
Northwestern
Purdue
USC

6 teams isn't bad for something I already admitted with doing only once every other or every 3 years. West Virginias game against NC State was cancelled due to weather, but I am absolutely counting it as it WAS scheduled and that is all we are talking about.

and if you were to count BYU (idc if you do or don't), you could also add Cal and Washington.

(p2) Teams that played zero P5 OOC games
Okie State
Illinois
Minnesota
Oregon
Oregon St
Washington St
Arkansas

7 teams. One more than the aforementioned. I hardly think that 'one more' proves a point here. If you're a petty person, you can claim victory on that if you want, but again... one difference is negligible.

Lastly Nebraskas schedule is irrelevant, this is a red herring and it isn't like MSU is any better, as of right now MSU has zero scheduled for 2022 and 23. I never said they did have 11 scheduled nor did I say that other teams should. I said that it is possibile to move to 9 conference games and still keep crossover rivals and schedule OOC P5. I never said any teams should do that, only that they could... if it were that important to them. I specifically stated in the post you quoted...

"Again, maybe I am in the minority here, but I don't care nearly as much about OOC games. Good match ups are interesting and fun, but not nearly as impactful on the season.... you scheduling Texas for a HnH once every 35 years isn't something I care deeply about. UGA having more access to playing Bama or LSU IS more important in my opinion."

Again, that's just my opinion. There is no need in twisting my words.

And what are you talking about Nebraska has none scheduled after 2025 while simultaneously throwing shade at scheduling Cincinnati? First off, those schedules aren't even complete. Secondly...

2026 - Tennessee
2027 - Tennessee
2028 - Arizona
2029 - Oklahoma
2030 - Oklahoma
2031 - Arizona

Third - you doubt they will? Why is that? What are you basing that on?

2019 - Colorado
2018 - Colorado
2017 - Oregon
2016 - Oregon
2015 - Miami
2014 - Miami
2013 - UCLA
2012 - UCLA
2011 - Washington
2010 - Washington
2009 - Va Tech
2008 - Va Tech
2007 - USC
2006 - USC
2005 - Wake Forest and Pitt
2004 - Pitt
2003 - Penn St
2002 - Penn St
2001 - Notre Dame
2000 - Notre Dame

I can keep going...

1999 - Iowa and Cal
1998 - Cal and Washington
1997 - Washington
1996 - Michigan St and Arizona St
1995 - Michigan St, Arizona St, and Washington St

How far back would you like me to go to make this comment look any more silly? BTW in 1995, Nebraska played 10 P5 teams out of 11 teams scheduled.

So what are you basing that 'thought' on?

Are you trying to troll or are you just playing devils advocate or something?
No, Michigan State isn’t any better and have been scheduling for shit for a long time and have been saying as much since I joined ESPN back in 2005. You list a bunch of teams that schedule 11 P5 games once a decade and then want to pretend like they schedule that way every year. They don’t. Ohio State has 2 P5 opponents last year and none this year.

You saying that Georgia should go to 9 conference just schedule 11 P5 opponents every other year while Nebraska has never done it and there is no reason to do believe they will do it is something that should be mentioned. If your top OOC opponent is Cincinnati and you are sitting here defending that, I feel you lose all right to criticize teams for not scheduling 11 P5 opponents. I’m basing the idea that Nebraska will not schedule 2 P5 opponents based on the fact that they haven’t done it since 2006 and they do not have it scheduled in the future. What makes you think that they will suddenly start scheduling that way every other year like you are suggesting others should?

When did I say that Nebraska has no P5 opponents scheduled after 2025. I specifically said two years, 2020 and 2025. Neither of those years do you have a P5 opponent. I have no idea where you are getting that from, but seems like you are trying to deflect with a blatant lie.

I think it’s more important to find who the best teams are in the country. Everyone playing only one game against another conference and having every play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon to try and figure out ways to compare two teams sounds horrible. Yes the transitive property doesn’t work in sports but i’d Much rather have a common opponent to compare as opposed to Michigan beat Iowa, and Iowa beat Iowa State but it wasn’t as much as Oklahoma beat Iowa State by sounds dreadful in trying to find the top 4 teams. 9 conference games and only one non-conference or no P5 opponent is only good for finding the top team in a conference.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...keep backpedaling. Florida State is well on their way to another garbage season, while getting passed up by teams that lose to NIU.

And I actually agreed with you when you decided to take a shot at FSU. My initial point was just saying that BYU is not a consistently .500 team in a P5 conference but you Oregon fans have such thin skin that you take it personally. PNW little bitch mentality

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I actually agreed with you when you decided to take a shot at FSU. My initial point was just saying that BYU is not a consistently .500 team in a P5 conference but you Oregon fans have such thin skin that you take it personally. PNW little bitch mentality

Little bitch? Funny, that's what you got treated as last time you played a PAC team. You'd better stick to Wake Forest...you (probably) won't get rolled by 30+ when you play them.

NastyFrayedBantamrooster.gif

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying that Georgia should go to 9 conference just schedule 11 P5 opponents every other year while Nebraska has never done it and there is no reason to do believe they will do it is something that should be mentioned. If your top OOC opponent is Cincinnati and you are sitting here defending that, I feel you lose all right to criticize teams for not scheduling 11 P5 opponents. I’m basing the idea that Nebraska will not schedule 2 P5 opponents based on the fact that they haven’t done it since 2006 and they do not have it scheduled in the future. What makes you think that they will suddenly start scheduling that way every other year like you are suggesting others should?

When did I say that Nebraska has no P5 opponents scheduled after 2025. I specifically said two years, 2020 and 2025. Neither of those years do you have a P5 opponent. I have no idea where you are getting that from, but seems like you are trying to deflect with a blatant lie.

I think it’s more important to find who the best teams are in the country. Everyone playing only one game against another conference and having every play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon to try and figure out ways to compare two teams sounds horrible. Yes the transitive property doesn’t work in sports but i’d Much rather have a common opponent to compare as opposed to Michigan beat Iowa, and Iowa beat Iowa State but it wasn’t as much as Oklahoma beat Iowa State by sounds dreadful in trying to find the top 4 teams. 9 conference games and only one non-conference or no P5 opponent is only good for finding the top team in a conference.[/QUOTE]

You list a bunch of teams that schedule 11 P5 games once a decade and then want to pretend like they schedule that way every year. They don’t.

Again, you are making stuff up. I never said or hinted that teams should schedule 11 P5 opponents every year. The only pretending going on here, is you pretending to find this shit in my posts.

You saying that Georgia should go to 9 conference just schedule 11 P5 opponents every other year

I never said UGA should go to a 9 conferece schedule AND have 11 P5 opponents scheduled. Could =/= should. This is like the 4th or 5th time now. I said that they could if those games are important to them. But that I would rather see uniformity in CFB. Either everyone at 8 or everyone at 9. Given that conference games are more important and guarantee a P5 opponent, I prefer that. Again (hopefully for the last time), this is my opinion, I never said 'hey UGA, you guys need to go to 9 conference schedule, continue to play GT and you better schedule another P5 opponent every year too'. Never happened.

while Nebraska has never done it and there is no reason to do believe they will do it is something that should be mentioned.

Why? It is 100% irrelevant. Michigan St, Iowa, Washington, hell North Dakota St has probably never done it either, what difference does it make to his conversation? Your logic is faulty. Even IF I did say that, what does Nebraska have to do with it? Again you try to make mention of ONE year of Nebraska football and try to use it as a blanket statement to cover everything. First you act as if I have some magical powers over Nebraska scheduling and try to say it is relevant to the conversation... it isn't. Second, it is a strawman and a red herring... all in one. I have no bearing on the schedule, I am stating what I would like to see regardless of what team you root for or what conference you are in. If this will make you feel better, since scheduling 12 reg season opponents, I don't recall a time when Nebraska played 11 P5. But in an 11 reg season, I DO (and showed) recall Nebraska scheduling 10 out of 11 P5 opponents. But all of this is irrelevant to the conversation anyway. This isn't about UGA, Clemson, or Nebraska. Again, your logic is faulty.

If your top OOC opponent is Cincinnati and you are sitting here defending that

Where did I defend scheduling Cincinnati? Again, the only pretending here, is coming from your posts. Secondly, show me the logic in scheduling Cincinnati = not able to criticize... this is a dumb comment. AND again, I never said teams should schedule 11 P5 opponents.

I feel you lose all right to criticize teams for not scheduling 11 P5 opponents.

I never said Nebraska would schedule 11 P5 opponents. I NEVER SAID ANYONE SHOULD SCHEDULE 11 P5 OPPONENTS. You keep saying this, where did I say that? I wouldn't mind if Nebraska did, but I never said they should.

I’m basing the idea that Nebraska will not schedule 2 P5 opponents based on the fact that they haven’t done it since 2006 and they do not have it scheduled in the future

Ok, I see where you are going with this now. You never said 'schedule 2P5 opponents'. You said... "as of right now 2025 you don’t have any and I doubt they will" - I read that as ANY being the key word and doubting that they will have ANY. But again, this is all irrelevant.

What makes you think that they will suddenly start scheduling that way every other year like you are suggesting others should?

Absolutely nothing.... because again

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Computer issue. @7Samurai13

What makes you think that they will suddenly start scheduling that way every other year like you are suggesting others should?

Absolutely nothing... because again, I never said that anyone should.

Ironic that the person pretending that I said stuff that I never said is insinuating that I am lying. Anyway, this is a misunderstanding. Originally, you said.. "in 2020 they have no P5 and as of right now 2025 you don’t have any and I doubt they will" - I read it as if from 2025 on, we didn't have any P5 schedules in OOC based on the way you framed your words.

I think it’s more important to find who the best teams are in the country. Everyone playing only one game against another conference and having every play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon to try and figure out ways to compare two teams sounds horrible. Yes the transitive property doesn’t work in sports but i’d Much rather have a common opponent to compare as opposed to Michigan beat Iowa, and Iowa beat Iowa State but it wasn’t as much as Oklahoma beat Iowa State by sounds dreadful in trying to find the top 4 teams. 9 conference games and only one non-conference or no P5 opponent is only good for finding the top team in a conference.

Realistically there is no 'true' way to find out who the best in the country are without having everyone play everyone. What did we get out of Auburn/Washington last year? Inb4 you say 'that UW wasn't one of the 4 best' - no. We know that a team can get in with 1 loss and given that this was the first week, that information cannot be determined from that. Auburn and Washington could have both gone on and win out to meet in the playoff. It didn't happen, but it could have. Transitive property nonsense is just that... nonsense. Just like trying to say that playing OOC games helps to determine who the best in the country is... no it doesn't.

The ideal, realistic scenario is that the teams hash it out in conference to essentially determine who is the best or most deserving to win the conference and be the conference representative... then go on to compete against other conference winners to determine who among them is the best. The end.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bitch? Funny, that's what you got treated as last time you played a PAC team. You'd better stick to Wake Forest...you (probably) won't get rolled by 30+ when you play them.

NastyFrayedBantamrooster.gif

You're too late on this, I already brought it up. Let me slow it down for you..

FSU > Oregon
3 > 0

Also I don't play for FSU so I won't get rolled by anybody

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw USC has never played an FCS opponent in their entire history.

But they did play 20 high school teams, a YMCA and a shit ton of Athletic Clubs before they played their first team that is currently an FBS Program.

We had 67 current P5 opponents before USC played their second game against a team that is currently P5

I guess USC is just trying to play catch up.

But keep telling me about their ENTIRE History.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they haven’t given you much of a rivalry what’s the problem? Jesus Christ you are going out of your way to make excuses. UGA over the past decade is literally the only SEC that can say that save maybe Louisville. It’s an absolute joke SEC and ACC teams hide behind that instate rivalry game to not schedule other good OOC games. Personally Kentucky is the worst offender of it. But it’s still BS.
Welp, Louisville isn't an SEC school, and I didn't make any excuses in my post. Otherwise, top notch post.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Louisville isn't an SEC school, and I didn't make any excuses in my post. Otherwise, top notch post.

You tried to say The Georgia Tech rivalry couldn’t continue if UGA had to play another conference game. GMFB with that. An no one is talking about Georgia or Clemson, it’s the other 26 teams in your conference that continually get away with having 75% a weak OOC.