• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Agree with everything said here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bit of a long watch but spot on.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have made changes at OC, and nothing has really changed has it? they need to clean house top to bottom, including schneider. they have had some really good drafts, but all through almost 15 years they have had too many terrible ones and too many terrible trades.

call harbaugh after they win the national title and give him whatever he wants.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have made changes at OC, and nothing has really changed has it? they need to clean house top to bottom, including schneider. they have had some really good drafts, but all through almost 15 years they have had too many terrible ones and too many terrible trades.

call harbaugh after they win the national title and give him whatever he wants.

I'm ambivalent on Schneider. But I think that if we were to move on from Pete, which probably won't happen, we would need Schneider to help find the next coach. We don't really have anyone else in the front office we could count on.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can keep schneider and let this be his team officially, or we can get someone from san fran or philly. we know what we have with schneider, i would prefer someone fresh that has been part of building the two best rosters in the league.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Waldron is the problem... Carroll has done this with all this OCs... ignores TEs, outside runs seem like a foreign concept, CONSTANTLY draws up outside the number throws, cannot execute a screen play, doesn't know what a RB pass is, continually draws up long drawn out routes or ones that take forever to develop, etc.

As for the defensive side of the ball, we've been through multiple DCs, and we keep going back to a soft zone, we continue to use this goof ball 2 or 3 man front, don't blitz that often, etc. Pretty sure we are the lowest 6 man blitz teams in the NFL... sending 5 really doesn't matter if nobody can beat their man lol.

We've been seeing the DC and OCs change, but the system always seems to be the same. Mainly on the O side...

Ken Walker - outside the tackle runner. What does Pete do? Jam him up the middle (or designs the play that way).
JSN - great over the middle of the field. What does Pete do? Throw him outside the numbers.
Waldron and TEs - came from the system and has showed using them throughout his career. What does Pete do? Ignore plays for TEs and asks Geno to lock on outside for whatever reason.
Charbonnet - one of the best receiving backs in the draft. What does Pete do? Put Dallas out there and design few targets for Charbs.
3rd and anything over 5 yards. What does Pete do? BOMB it lol or throw outside the numbers lol.

The last couple drafts outside of some picks seem heavily influenced by Schneider and tailored to Waldron's system, but we keep running the same shit we have been for the last decade.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Waldron is the problem... Carroll has done this with all this OCs... ignores TEs, outside runs seem like a foreign concept, CONSTANTLY draws up outside the number throws, cannot execute a screen play, doesn't know what a RB pass is, continually draws up long drawn out routes or ones that take forever to develop, etc.

As for the defensive side of the ball, we've been through multiple DCs, and we keep going back to a soft zone, we keep continue to use this goof ball 2 or 3 man front, don't blitz that often, etc.

We've been seeing the DC and OCs change, but the system always seems to be the same. Mainly on the O side...

Ken Walker - outside the tackle runner. What does Pete do? Jam him up the middle (or designs the play that way).
JSN - great over the middle of the field. What does Pete do? Throw him outside the numbers.
Waldron and TEs - came from the system and has showed using them throughout his career. What does Pete do? Ignore plays for TEs.
Charbonnet - one of the best receiving backs in the draft. What does Pete do? Put Dallas out there and design few targets for Charbs.

The last couple drafts outside of some picks seem heavily influenced by Schneider and tailored to Waldron's system, but we keep running the same shit we have been for the last decade.

I agree with Everything said here.

But I think something Else is needed....................

Going to use Junior Hockey as an Example. When my Victoria Royals were making runs for the WHL Championship, we had a "hard nosed, Hell Fire and Brimstone" coach Named Dave Lowry. Very Angry and Aggressive.................... STH loved him

Then he left for NHL Assistant position. We hired a different guy. Dan Price. Complete 180 of Lowry. We started traveling down in the Standings.

IMHO. We need a DC, but A Hellfire and Brimstone coach.

Someone that well get in players face when they make mistakes.

Someone who tells DK to "Go sit on the fucking Bench" when he does a stupid penialty

Someone who yells from the rooftops.................

We don't need petes cuddlybear. We need a Ass Kicker

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can keep schneider and let this be his team officially, or we can get someone from san fran or philly. we know what we have with schneider, i would prefer someone fresh that has been part of building the two best rosters in the league.

As I said, I'm ambivalent about Schneider. A new GM brings more risk. And I would much rather have a GM and coach that are on the same page which would be easier if we keep John and let him bring a new coach in.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Everything said here.

But I think something Else is needed....................

Going to use Junior Hockey as an Example. When my Victoria Royals were making runs for the WHL Championship, we had a "hard nosed, Hell Fire and Brimstone" coach Named Dave Lowry. Very Angry and Aggressive.................... STH loved him

Then he left for NHL Assistant position. We hired a different guy. Dan Price. Complete 180 of Lowry. We started traveling down in the Standings.

IMHO. We need a DC, but A Hellfire and Brimstone coach.

Someone that well get in players face when they make mistakes.

Someone who tells DK to "Go sit on the fucking Bench" when he does a stupid penialty

Someone who yells from the rooftops.................

We don't need petes cuddlybear. We need a Ass Kicker
that would be jim harbaugh
As I said, I'm ambivalent about Schneider. A new GM brings more risk. And I would much rather have a GM and coach that are on the same page which would be easier if we keep John and let him bring a new coach in.
I have seen enough of schneider, he has compounded so many mistakes on top of mistakes. we took a CB top 5 over the DT, then traded a 2 for a DT. we could have just taken the fucking DT to begin with and still have our second. I honestly think we dont make the wilson trade if we never trade for jamal adams. the refusal to have a down year and mortgaging the future to be mediocre.
time to move on from everyone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the defensive side of the ball, we've been through multiple DCs, and we keep going back to a soft zone, we continue to use this goof ball 2 or 3 man front, don't blitz that often, etc. Pretty sure we are the lowest 6 man blitz teams in the NFL... sending 5 really doesn't matter if nobody can beat their man lol.

Waldron and TEs - came from the system and has showed using them throughout his career. What does Pete do? Ignore plays for TEs and asks Geno to lock on outside for whatever reason.
3rd and anything over 5 yards. What does Pete do? BOMB it lol or throw outside the numbers lol.

I've been saying this for years. Every time someone calls for a OC or DC to be fired, I would point out that we will still run the same system.

Pete's entire system relies on his team out executing the other team while running a simple defense and simple offense. If your team has more talent and is more disciplined, this is a sound approach.

But it doesn't work if you don't have more talent and aren't disciplined.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen enough of schneider, he has compounded so many mistakes on top of mistakes. we took a CB top 5 over the DT, then traded a 2 for a DT. we could have just taken the fucking DT to begin with and still have our second. I honestly think we dont make the wilson trade if we never trade for jamal adams. the refusal to have a down year and mortgaging the future to be mediocre.

I agree with you about the Wilson trade. The Adams move was desperation. We had no pass rush. IMO, they decided to play hardball with Clowney and got burned.

I disagree with you about Carter versus Witherspoon if only because we have no idea what Carter will ultimately be. Witherspoon has been probably our best defensive player this year. This defense is better with Williams and Spoon rather than Carter and next year's 2nd.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be jim harbaugh

Only Problem. Jimbo Is a Offensive guy

We need a Defensive guy to not miss with Waldron

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Problem. Jimbo Is a Offensive guy

We need a Defensive guy to not miss with Waldron
we need an offensive HC and a proven DC. harbaugh will be the #1 HC candidate next year, they shouldnt hesitate to go get him.

of course, none of that matters because we dont have an owner and nobody to tell carroll he needs to go.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need an offensive HC and a proven DC. harbaugh will be the #1 HC candidate next year, they shouldnt hesitate to go get him.

of course, none of that matters because we dont have an owner and nobody to tell carroll he needs to go.

But we get a Offensive HC. He clashes with Waldron is doing a phenomenal job.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youre saying keep waldron and fire carroll?
Letterkenny GIF by Crave

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank reich was fired, could be a good OC candidate if carroll is willing to let go of total offensive control.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank reich was fired, could be a good OC candidate if carroll is willing to let go of total offensive control.

I think that's the problem most are seeing. Carroll wont let go of it... he keeps his footprint on all of it, which is why it seems he likes to promote within. I mean I liked what Waldron was doing last year... but this year outside of the first couple games it seems we're right back to the same ol' same ol'.

I've posted our playbook numerous times over the years on this forum as the Tecmo Bowl playbook... and sadly, it seems there's some truth to it. 1) Everyone goes deep, 2) Out routes (everyone runs to sideline), 3) HB Draw, 4) HB between the tackles. Anything else (over the middle, sweeps, off tackle runs, curls, slants, etc.) seems like the NES glitched out. I guess to Carroll's credit our NES playbook gets a 5th choice - Screen that goes nowhere.

It seemed like mostly last year we were doing a bunch of stuff with tight ends, outside runs, quicker releases/routes, etc. And for whatever reason this year, we're right back to the norm. Geno holds onto the ball too long, trying to constantly fire deep, no quick passes, WIDE open guys being missed, etc. Reminds me a LOT of Russell Wilson without the mobility and cannon accurate arm (both of which he's lost since going to Denver).

Last edited: