• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After the Stafford/Goff Trade, Where Does Watson Go?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea but they wouldn't be able to get it all back and Watson would still have a shit ton of money
Why should they care if he sits out? It’s not like the team is winning anything next year. Watson sit they got their excuse for losing and save a bunch of money.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they care if he sits out? It’s not like the team is winning anything next year. Watson sit they got their excuse for losing and save a bunch of money.
No QB and no draft capital or other players in trade that's why

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB and no draft capital or other players in trade that's why
I expect if someone offers enough they’ll consider trading him, but no need to take a discount offer.
Losing just helps their draft position for 2022.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think this trade affects the cost for Watson at all

the Jets #2 or Miami’s # 3 alone are worth more than the entire package the Lions received for Stafford

not to mention the mountain of other picks Houston will net

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever gets him they will be giving up a TON in order to get him after Stafford trade.

Patriots - Absolutely no way after what Stafford got
Dolphins - I could see them doing it. They aren't sold on Tua
Jets - This is where he will end up... Darnold might get traded to the Patriots :mad2::mad2:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess jets but I think there are multiple teams looking at him

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions must really like Goff

reportedly the Bears, Panthers and Broncos offered their 1st round pick this season PLUS

Stafford had a really strong market. I figured his potential return was only around what the Redskins offered but if the Panthers offered their #8 overall then the Panthers are straight up thirsty for a QB.

The Lions are kinda signaling that they want to give Goff a chance. Goff will only be 27 next year so I could see someone trying to rehab him. To me it also looks like the Lions are gambling that Stafford isn't actually as good as people think he is with how the Rams trade looks with future 1st round picks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford had a really strong market. I figured his potential return was only around what the Redskins offered but if the Panthers offered their #8 overall then the Panthers are straight up thirsty for a QB.

The Lions are kinda signaling that they want to give Goff a chance. Goff will only be 27 next year so I could see someone trying to rehab him. To me it also looks like the Lions are gambling that Stafford isn't actually as good as people think he is with how the Rams trade looks with future 1st round picks.

There is a ton of talk that the Lions sent Stafford where he really wanted to go, and that was to the Rams by far more than anywhere else

the team now that has me scratching my head is the Colts. I’m thinking Sam Darnald value just went up for the Jets, I feel like he’s the last guy standing with a chance to start for the Colts. Such a really good roster, and I have no idea who the hell their QB will be

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a ton of talk that the Lions sent Stafford where he really wanted to go, and that was to the Rams by far more than anywhere else

the team now that has me scratching my head is the Colts. I’m thinking Sam Darnald value just went up for the Jets, I feel like he’s the last guy standing with a chance to start for the Colts. Such a really good roster, and I have no idea who the hell their QB will be
Whats crazy about the Colts is that the two best QBs for them in the market, best to my knowledge, were Stafford and Goff and now they're both gone. Colts can eat cap space and compete. Who is left on the market? Can they go after Dak? Would they take on Matt Ryan? Is Cousins attainable? Its almost as if the Colts need to shake down all of the trees to see which QB can fall off the tree.

The Colts can't come out of the season with Fitzpatrick or an Alex Smith being their QB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy about the Colts is that the two best QBs for them in the market, best to my knowledge, were Stafford and Goff and now they're both gone. Colts can eat cap space and compete. Who is left on the market? Can they go after Dak? Would they take on Matt Ryan? Is Cousins attainable? Its almost as if the Colts need to shake down all of the trees to see which QB can fall off the tree.

The Colts can't come out of the season with Fitzpatrick or an Alex Smith being their QB.

I can’t see the Boys moving on from Dak despite all the noise. If Atlanta makes Ryan available, they could prob create a bidding war between SF and Indy, with the loser ending up with Jimmy G

im not a huge Sam Darnald fan, but whether it’s Watson or Zach Wilson, if the Jets to move on from Darnald, that 3rd or 4th rounder may have just turned into a 2nd rounder from Indy if they fail on every other QB front

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t see the Boys moving on from Dak despite all the noise. If Atlanta makes Ryan available, they could prob create a bidding war between SF and Indy, with the loser ending up with Jimmy G

im not a huge Sam Darnald fan, but whether it’s Watson or Zach Wilson, if the Jets to move on from Darnald, that 3rd or 4th rounder may have just turned into a 2nd rounder from Indy if they fail on every other QB front
I feel like if the Colts are thinking about Darnold then instead they should just draft a QB. Sam Darnold is a trap. If they plays ok on a team that has playoff talent then at some point you have to give Darnold a big contract and then the Colts will have to pay their young players. Thats a road to nowhere.

The Matt Ryan thing actually makes a lot of sense to me unless the Colts think they can draft someone.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hi Dirt - snoogins says you owe zig $200.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever gets him they will be giving up a TON in order to get him after Stafford trade.

Patriots - Absolutely no way after what Stafford got
Dolphins - I could see them doing it. They aren't sold on Tua
Jets - This is where he will end up... Darnold might get traded to the Patriots :mad2::mad2:
I just can't see the Jets because they have way too many holes that need to be filled and trading the picks for Watson doesn't do anything to resolve their receiver and defense problems.

I still think that the Jets best move would be to trade down for additional picks, see how Darnold does in 2021 with a new coach, and if he doesn't make progress, look at a QB in the 2022 draft. The Jets have at least a 5 year rebuild and Watson does nothing for that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the Jets because they have way too many holes that need to be filled and trading the picks for Watson doesn't do anything to resolve their receiver and defense problems.

I still think that the Jets best move would be to trade down for additional picks, see how Darnold does in 2021 with a new coach, and if he doesn't make progress, look at a QB in the 2022 draft. The Jets have at least a 5 year rebuild and Watson does nothing for that.

You are probably right. I just see the Jets "making a huge move" and that would be it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting price for Houston:

2 1st’s, 2 2nd’s and 2 defensive starters for Watson